Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements (43079 Views)

UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK / UK Announces New Visa Application Centre In Port Harcourt / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by BreconHills(m): 1:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
MrsTwrite:
This is terrible, why are they making it harder?

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by GeneralPula: 1:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
Their wahala..
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by djkirkoo2(m): 1:14pm On Sep 05, 2023
MrsTwrite:
because they want us to make our country better.

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by EngGandalf: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2023
I’ve never seen a country so dull when it comes to making revenue.. very lazy politicians in that UK. Na Billing be their own revenue. No thinking out of the box.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by optimusprime2(m): 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
In short they want a secondary visa after the primary visa... grin UK UK...
Don't be surprised it would cost more or about the same price as the primary visa.

4 Likes

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Piro18: 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
Wahala for those who want to Japa
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by GreyLaw(m): 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2023
babajide107:
Make Una Dey read news completely before causing panic.its not for student visa or work

It's even for countries in the European Union and others who usually did not need a visa to travel to the UK. People don't read and they'll rush to comment.

4 Likes

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by GreyLaw(m): 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2023
[quote author=BreconHills post=125594100][/quote]

They don't read.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Maobichek: 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2023
MrsTwrite:

The number of people leaving this country for UK is alarming. A family friend traveled last Saturday through Saudi Arabia enrout to UK and a colleague is leaving last week of this month to UK also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by samintegrity(m): 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2023
Terrible reporting from our news men..

Who will need an ETA
If you’re from Qatar
You’ll need an ETA if you’re travelling to the UK on or after 15 November 2023. You’ll be able to apply from 25 October.

If you’re from Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates
You’ll need an ETA if you’re travelling to the UK on or after 22 February 2024. You’ll be able to apply from 1 February 2024.

If you’re from another country
You do not need to apply for an ETA now. More nationalities will be added to the scheme later.

Who will not need an ETA
You will not need an ETA if you have either:

a British or Irish passport
permission to live, work or study in the UK
a visa to enter the UK

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/electronic-travel-authorisation-eta

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Saao(m): 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
MrsTwrite:
because your country fails to make life liveable for you in your country hence they want to frustrate you from coming to their country.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by nedekid: 1:28pm On Sep 05, 2023
9jvirgin:
With what I see in the United Kingdom anytime I go there, I do not wish my enemy to go and live there.
If one has money, life is sweet there though.

2 Likes

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Chibuezem(m): 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2023
superlanny:
This is one of the reasons I regret being born in this useless hellhole. Just see the measure one has to take just to run away from this zoo we call a country. For all those who continue to believe and support this failed system and those who run it, I continue to hope you all keep up in enjoying the suffering and wailing.

Whereas they can stroll into Nigeria as easy as dick slides into a condom. The black man is cursed we just don't know yet.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, Nigeria is irredeemable with the set of politicians in charge, present and future. Argue with your keyboard.

Feels good to be back from my self inflicted ban, to the mod that gave me 3 days ban, here I am 3 months after, joke is on you, I come here for fun and actually do my part very well.
welcome back bro

2 Likes

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Bluntemperor: 1:31pm On Sep 05, 2023
Nbote:
Another avenue to rip traveller's off

U K is really trying to create avenues for more Revenues for their Country,as they are no longer under European Union,so they need to find a new ground to get more funds, including Education, Visas Sales and more Opportunities to the Migrants without necessarily bringing restrictions.
You don't blame them Nigerian government should equally think outside the Box and make new deals!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by simfrost90210: 1:32pm On Sep 05, 2023
Maobichek:

The number of people leaving this country for UK is alarming. A family friend traveled last Saturday through Saudi Arabia enrout to UK and a colleague is leaving last week of this month to UK also.

People are leaving the country when i can barely have a meal in a day... GOD help!😔

Can i get a link, at least, to a job somewhere?
I'm very incapacitated, can't eat or recharge!!!

I feel like dying!
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by etrange: 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:
Even Americans need this. Starting end of 2023. In fact, this is now required for all US citizens visiting all 26 Schengen Zone European countries.

That's the whole idea. You don't need it if you have a visa. The goal is to know who is entering the country at every point in time especially when the traveler is from a country that doesn't require visa to go to the UK. They cannot depend on flight data from secondary parties alone to monitor this thus the need for the this travel document. It is not a visa and the aim is not to restrict entry since the document is given to you once you apply online (if you're from a visa free country). So the US, Canada, etc. still have free entry. I don't know why we're sensationalizing it, some other countries already have this for different purposes. In Canada, it's also called ETA and in the US, it's called ESTA

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by etrange: 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2023
MrsTwrite:
Read! This does not apply to you. You need visa. This is mostly for visa free countries and it's not hard to get. With less than $7, you apply online and get it immediately.

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by yewit37486: 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2023
A visa has never guaranteed entry right from time anyway, so I don't understand the sensationalism in the title of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by seunayantokun(m): 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2023
babajide107:
Make Una Dey read news completely before causing panic.its not for student visa or work

You dey mind falsehood carriers? Please don't mind o jare.
So far as I know, ETA is meant for people who are not required to get a visa, whether for short visits, transit, tourism, or medical treatments. For those required to get a visa, it is not applicable. They just need to visit gov.uk to confirm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by etrange: 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:
cool

UK too they use Nigeria catch cruise

Nigerian Students alone spent $2.5billion on tuition in 2022, add cost of living, cost of tickets, Visa and you are looking at $10billion yearly in to their economy from Nigeria

Japarians should try other European countries that have labour shortage , Northern Europe Austria, Hungary

Most Nigerians travel to work hard, except some few criminal drug dealers

You guys don't read. Read! This does not apply to you. You need visa. This is mostly for visa free countries and it's not hard to get. It's just a way of monitoring entry/exit. With less than $7, one can apply online and get it immediately (for those from visa free countries).
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by yewit37486: 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
BreconHills:

There is some confusing/conflicting information in the additional details provided. The bolded paragraphs below should have just been omitted and it would be clear to everyone that it only applies to those who previously did not require a visa to visit the UK.

Kingzjayzee:

The UK home office said persons who need the travel permit are those who were previously eligible to visit the UK without a visa and not already legally resident in the UK.

Also listed for ETA are those on visits shorter than six months, business people, tourism, and those visiting family and friends. Applicants are required to apply online before booking any travel to the UK. Once granted, it will be valid for multiple journeys over two years or until the passport one is applying with expires.

According to the UK Home Office, travellers with valid visas may not be allowed to board without a valid ETA, as the ETA is digitally linked to travellers’ passports.

A statement from the UK office reads: “The UK travel requirements are changing. Except for British and Irish citizens, everyone, including children who enter or transit through the UK, will soon require permission before they travel.

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by iammo(m): 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
etrange:

You guys don't read. Read! This does not apply to you. You need visa. This is mostly for visa free countries and it's not hard to get. It's just a way of monitoring entry/exit. With less than $7, one can apply online and get it immediately (for those from visa free countries).

Ok
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Angelfrost(m): 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
The kind of money UK makes from immigration alone ehn...!

This is why a developed Africa is what they don't want to ever hear or see.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by etrange: 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
Seriously the Indian British guy is bent on sending away migrants from Africa region. Yeah other countries are listed but the target audience is African continent

Oga, stop playing the victim. Read! This does not apply to you as a Nigerian. You need visa. This is mostly for visa free countries and it's not hard to get. It's just a way of monitoring entry/exit. With less than $7, one can apply online and get it immediately (for those from visa free countries).
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Kaiser20: 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2023
MrsTwrite:
They want Nigerians to control the jakpa madness.
Brexit is hitting the UK very hard
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by etrange: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2023
meum:
What’s the essence of a visa if one still needs an ETA? Make una sidon for una country na wetin dem dey try talk😁

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Cmanforall: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2023
Nbote:
Another avenue to rip traveller's off

This PM
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Moniya4Real(m): 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2023
Well said bro. Very apt and on point. You couldn’t have said it any better

superlanny:
This is one of the reasons I regret being born in this useless hellhole. Just see the measure one has to take just to run away from this zoo we call a country. For all those who continue to believe and support this failed system and those who run it, I continue to hope you all keep up in enjoying the suffering and wailing.

Whereas they can stroll into Nigeria as easy as dick slides into a condom. The black man is cursed we just don't know yet.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, Nigeria is irredeemable with the set of politicians in charge, present and future. Argue with your keyboard.

Feels good to be back from my self inflicted ban, to the mod that gave me 3 days ban, here I am 3 months after, joke is on you, I come here for fun and actually do my part very well.

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Whytelyon(m): 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2023
MrsTwrite:

There is a possibility almost 8 million people alone got visas into the UK this year ,all from Nigeria. They over use the quota. So they want to ensure a limitation.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by clinician2x: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
Very soon all will be well in Jesus name

Your father said the same thing.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by BJanta: 1:58pm On Sep 05, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
Very soon all will be well in Jesus name

Amen and amen in the Name of JESUS CHRIST .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by lacade(m): 1:58pm On Sep 05, 2023
This isn't correct, ETA is for those countries who do not require visa to come to the UK...

Who will need an ETA
If you’re from Qatar
You’ll need an ETA if you’re travelling to the UK on or after 15 November 2023. You’ll be able to apply from 25 October.

If you’re from Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates
You’ll need an ETA if you’re travelling to the UK on or after 22 February 2024. You’ll be able to apply from 1 February 2024.

If you’re from another country
You do not need to apply for an ETA now. More nationalities will be added to the scheme later.

Who will not need an ETA
You will not need an ETA if you have either:

a British or Irish passport
permission to live, work or study in the UK
a visa to enter the UK

Only the usual Visa is required for Nigerian.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/electronic-travel-authorisation-eta#who-will-need-an-eta

Kingzjayzee:
The UK on Monday, September 4 announced that Nigerians and other citizens, except British and Irish nationals, wishing to enter the country must apply for Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA).

The new rule becomes effective from November 15, 2023, and applies to everyone, including children.

The new travel rule means that all visa applicants wishing to travel to the UK need an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) card before they enter or transit through the country,

The UK home office said persons who need the travel permit are those who were previously eligible to visit the UK without a visa and not already legally resident in the UK.

Also listed for ETA are those on visits shorter than six months, business people, tourism, and those visiting family and friends. Applicants are required to apply online before booking any travel to the UK. Once granted, it will be valid for multiple journeys over two years or until the passport one is applying with expires.

According to the UK Home Office, travellers with valid visas may not be allowed to board without a valid ETA, as the ETA is digitally linked to travellers’ passports.

A statement from the UK office reads: “The UK travel requirements are changing. Except for British and Irish citizens, everyone, including children who enter or transit through the UK, will soon require permission before they travel.

"This means that if you were previously eligible to visit the UK without a visa and not already legally resident in the UK, you will need an electronic travel authorisation (ETA), your stay must be shorter than six months and could include tourism or visiting family and friends, transit, business, and short term study.

“You do not need to show a paper copy, but it may be helpful to prove the confirmation email for your own records while an ETA grants you permission to travel to the UK, it does not grant you entry. So, you would still need to go through passport control at the border to enter the UK. “Make sure you show the same passport you used to apply for your ETA and that your passport is valid for the whole of your stay."

https://www.tori.ng/amp/246807/visa-alone-no-longer-guarantees-entry-uk-announces.html

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Circular Roads Along Ife-ibadan Been Done By Seyi Makinde Govt(pics) / Moist Beach Club: I Visited The Most Beautiful Beach In Lagos - Video / Beautiful Sights Of Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.