Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements (43062 Views)

UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK / UK Announces New Visa Application Centre In Port Harcourt / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Basicend: 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
Seriously the Indian British guy is bent on sending away migrants from Africa region. Yeah other countries are listed but the target audience is African continent

What are you people looking for in the UK with all those old ugly Oshodi houses, terrible food and taxing system. . It's harder to gather things there now. . Almost same as Nigeria. . So what are you people finding ? ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Chosimba: 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2023
100 % incorrect information.

ETA is for countries that DIDN'T need a visa previously, like the US and Europe.

ETA has been in use in the USA for years.

Visa IS a permission to enter.

YOu can get turned back at the port of entry for any reason with any entry clearance document.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Indestructible: 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
If to say we get leaders with human sympathy,y person go won travel out b4.Na because of our wicked leaders and illiterate electorates,na y all these things dey happen.With all the money and potential wey dis country get,see gross mismanagement and corruption everywhere...u see black man eeh,fear am!
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by 18gwandu: 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:
cool

UK too they use Nigeria catch cruise

Nigerian Students alone spent $2.5billion on tuition in 2022, add cost of living, cost of tickets, Visa and you are looking at $10billion yearly in to their economy from Nigeria

Japarians should try other European countries that have labour shortage , Northern Europe Austria, Hungary

Most Nigerians travel to work hard, except some few criminal drug dealers

mohammed safiu Oyedele is that why you raped your nephew and mother
confess now because I have your pictures and videos
no hiding for you rapist.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by yewit37486: 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2023
agabusta:

Who will not need an ETA
You will not need an ETA if you have either:

a British or Irish passport
permission to live, work or study in the UK
a visa to enter the UK

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/electronic-travel-authorisation-eta#who-will-need-an-eta

To me, that still conficts with the statement: Except for British and Irish citizens, everyone, including children who enter or transit through the UK, will soon require permission before they travel.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Etisoul(m): 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
So what are the requirements a person must have before they're issued the ETA?
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Tareq1105: 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
Nbote:
Another avenue to rip traveller's off

UK doesn't have anything except to rely on money coming from Visa application especially from her former colonies.

They would continue to make things harder for our people bcoz, sincerely speaking, UK is a broke country, she's just struggling to survive on Visa applicants.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by AfDapone: 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
Some centuries ago, they are the ones that came here and bundled our ancestors for slavery.
Now it's irony. We're the ones forcefully going to them to be enslaved.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by sleekender(m): 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2023
OP - Your statement is false.

If you have a visa, you don't need an ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation ).

ETA only applies to countries like USA, Canada, Japan, Germany etc that typically don't require a visa to travel to UK.

USA & Canada also demands countries from Europe who have visa exemption to apply for ETA.

Kingzjayzee:
The UK on Monday, September 4 announced that Nigerians and other citizens, except British and Irish nationals, wishing to enter the country must apply for Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA).

The new rule becomes effective from November 15, 2023, and applies to everyone, including children.

The new travel rule means that all visa applicants wishing to travel to the UK need an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) card before they enter or transit through the country,

The UK home office said persons who need the travel permit are those who were previously eligible to visit the UK without a visa and not already legally resident in the UK.

Also listed for ETA are those on visits shorter than six months, business people, tourism, and those visiting family and friends. Applicants are required to apply online before booking any travel to the UK. Once granted, it will be valid for multiple journeys over two years or until the passport one is applying with expires.

According to the UK Home Office, travellers with valid visas may not be allowed to board without a valid ETA, as the ETA is digitally linked to travellers’ passports.

A statement from the UK office reads: “The UK travel requirements are changing. Except for British and Irish citizens, everyone, including children who enter or transit through the UK, will soon require permission before they travel.

"This means that if you were previously eligible to visit the UK without a visa and not already legally resident in the UK, you will need an electronic travel authorisation (ETA), your stay must be shorter than six months and could include tourism or visiting family and friends, transit, business, and short term study.

“You do not need to show a paper copy, but it may be helpful to prove the confirmation email for your own records while an ETA grants you permission to travel to the UK, it does not grant you entry. So, you would still need to go through passport control at the border to enter the UK. “Make sure you show the same passport you used to apply for your ETA and that your passport is valid for the whole of your stay."

https://www.tori.ng/amp/246807/visa-alone-no-longer-guarantees-entry-uk-announces.html

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Enculer2: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2023
9jvirgin:
With what I see in the United Kingdom anytime I go there, I do not wish my enemy to go and live there.

Reason I chose Canada over going back to the UK. I even prefer staying in France over the UK.

I lived in the UK before brexit. Post-brexit, living standards of France were higher than that of the UK and the cost of living in France lower than that of the UK.

French colleagues don't even want to go to the UK unless you pay them like crazy money.

UK is toast. People with no prior experience get excited about the place but damn the country has lost its glory!
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Plight21(f): 5:53pm On Sep 05, 2023
9jvirgin:
With what I see in the United Kingdom anytime I go there, I do not wish my enemy to go and live there.

How do mean? Pls, explain.

Or are you trying to be sacarstic?
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by glozyyy(m): 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2023
[color=#990000][/color] Let the British embassy exit Nigeria, we don't need them anymore grin grin grin
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Enculer2: 6:38pm On Sep 05, 2023
Plight21:

How do mean? Pls, explain.

Or are you trying to be sacarstic?

I second what he said. Spent Xmas last December there and I could not recognise UK.

Too many people. Rowdy. Pressure on facilities. High cost of living.

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by ghettochild(m): 7:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
UK just looking for ways to keep ripping us off our naira.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by hansomb: 7:37pm On Sep 05, 2023
MrsTwrite:
This is terrible, why are they making it harder?
so that you can develop your region
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Kingzjayzee: 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2023
This new rule will favour me and my family IJN. 😁
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by soccerlite: 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2023
9jvirgin:

Satanic comment
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by dragunov: 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2023
olatade:
The earlier we understand that we must make naija a better place,the better for us

How?
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by sulaak(m): 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
superlanny:
This is one of the reasons I regret being born in this useless hellhole. Just see the measure one has to take just to run away from this zoo we call a country. For all those who continue to believe and support this failed system and those who run it, I continue to hope you all keep up in enjoying the suffering and wailing.

Whereas they can stroll into Nigeria as easy as dick slides into a condom. The black man is cursed we just don't know yet.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, Nigeria is irredeemable with the set of politicians in charge, present and future. Argue with your keyboard.

Feels good to be back from my self inflicted ban, to the mod that gave me 3 days ban, here I am 3 months after, joke is on you, I come here for fun and actually do my part very well.

You are cause, you think Europe and the USA started as havens, the people worked hard and sacrificed to turn their hellholes into a haven. Stay in Nigeria and make the country work
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by steveyen(m): 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
The British are using this Indian guy to push down all the anti-immigrant laws in the history of UK.

It is a plan work that an Indian was elected PM of UK at least no one can blame it on an European white British. People should wake up
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by OyinO: 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2023
I don't blame you guys jare. I blame those running from the land flowing with milk and honey because their leaders have failed them but instead of holding the leaders to ransom are busy running to another man's land. Cowards
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 06, 2023
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by jaylehk(m): 4:35am On Sep 06, 2023
I wonder if anyone from the west must pass through all these hurdles before coming to any country in Africa
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Plight21(f): 6:38am On Sep 06, 2023
Enculer2:

I second what he said. Spent Xmas last December there and I could not recognise UK.

Too many people. Rowdy. Pressure on facilities. High cost of living.

Wow! That's serious...

However, between UK and Canada which of the countries would you advise for a prospective applicant to go?
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Judybash93(m): 7:12am On Sep 06, 2023
Sheby na because people wan go UK...
Na turn my turn
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Exceed15: 10:53am On Sep 06, 2023
Dash me UK free I no go go. I have better options.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by nasojex7: 3:04am On Sep 20, 2023
The UK has introduced new travel requirements, making it clear that a visa alone no longer guarantees entry. Travelers must now meet additional criteria for entry. It's essential to review the specific entry requirements before planning any trip to the UK. By the way, turkey can safely how long can a turkey stay in the fridge.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by ttmacoy: 3:44am On Sep 20, 2023
Misinformation in this thread.

The ETA is similar to the ESTA in the US and will be for countries who don’t need a visa. Rather than will get the ETA which is quicker and cheaper compared to a visa.

Some citizens from countries that qualify for the ETA may require a visa if they are ineligible eg have a criminal record etc.

Nigerians will continue to need a visa and will not require an ETA.

The EU is also working on a similar travel authorization as well.

meum:
What’s the essence of a visa if one still needs an ETA? Make una sidon for una country na wetin dem dey try talk😁

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Comes Out Without A Scratch From Accident Which Killed 4 Persons. Photos / Moist Beach Club: I Visited The Most Beautiful Beach In Lagos - Video / Beautiful Sights Of Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.