Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,148 members, 7,835,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? (367 Views)

Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? / Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness / What Does "We Bless God Mean"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Carcholce: 6:50am On Sep 05, 2023
Can someone explain.

What image exactly? Physical, or it’s just a metaphorical saying an image of a “creator” ??

Kobojunkie, I need your input.
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Wodu89: 6:52am On Sep 05, 2023
Because our bodies are exactly like His. Exactly except that His doesn't have form or shape like that. When man stands erect and in fine form, that's how God is,.exactly that nothing has been seen about His Face. His body is golden flame and body form like cloudy smoke taking the shape that looks like a man.

I've had countless visions of Him seated on his throne so I know. Refer to the Book of Isaiah to see exactly how He was described

3 Likes

Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by MrsTwrite(f): 6:52am On Sep 05, 2023
Men are like semi gods.
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:53am On Sep 05, 2023
Carcholce:
Can someone explain.

What image exactly? Physical, or it’s just a metaphorical saying an image of a “creator” ??

Is a mannequin not made in your image?

1 Like

Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:55am On Sep 05, 2023
Wodu89:
Because our bodies are exactly like His. Exactly except that His doesn't have form or shape like that. When man stands erect and in fine form, that's how God is,.exactly that nothing has been seen about His Face. His body is golden flame and body form like cloudy smoke taking the shape that looks like a man.

Or can take all shapes and forms since we are from Him
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Wodu89: 6:59am On Sep 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Or can take all shapes and forms since we are from Him

We are exactly how He is. Like I said, his body form takes diverse forms depending on His manifestation, when He sits on His throne, He is filled with flames of fire, pure golden fire with no form but pure flames but the shape of man with His Head covered in Glory/Cloud. I've never seen a vision and I see head. It's always cloudy with nothing to see above the body regions

When He's form is talked about apart from sitting on the throne, it's like cloudy smoke. No defined shape, but the form of man. God is man in body form, but this is the shocking truth
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by finegirl233: 7:10am On Sep 05, 2023
Wodu89:

We are exactly how He is. Like I said, his body form takes diverse forms depending on His manifestation, when He sits on His throne, He is filled with flames of fire, pure golden fire with no form but pure flames but the shape of man with His Head covered in Glory/Cloud. I've never seen a vision and I see head. It's always cloudy with nothing to see above the body regions

When He's form is talked about apart from sitting on the throne, it's like cloudy smoke. No defined shape, but the form of man. God is man in body form, but this is the shocking truth
Your submissions are valid.

Physically, man looks like God to some extent.

Also there are thin lines that describe how man behaves like God, man Also have freewill like the almighty. In short, we resemble God in many ways be it physical, emotional, power to do things, our thinking ability etc
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Wodu89: 7:12am On Sep 05, 2023
finegirl233:

Your submissions are valid.

Physically, man looks like God to some extent.

Also there are thin lines that describe how man behaves like God, man Also have freewill like the almighty. In short, we resemble God in many ways be it physical, emotional, power to do things, our thinking ability etc

We'll talk about your diary later. Maybe in some months when I'm free.
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Carcholce: 7:12am On Sep 05, 2023
Wodu89:

I've had countless visions of Him seated on his throne so I know. Refer to the Book of Isaiah to see exactly how He was described

I get what you are saying, but if what you are saying is true, does it mean God himself evolved? Science proved that the human form evolved from one form to another.
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Wodu89: 7:13am On Sep 05, 2023
Carcholce:

I get what you are saying, but if what you are saying is true, does it mean God himself evolved? Science proved that the human form evolved from one form to another.

God doesn't evolve. To see God and speak with Him on a daily basis is possible. You can achieve it yourself, when you get to know Him you'll have all your answers. Just hate the things He hates, injustice and sin and live what He loves, righteousness and He'll draw close to you Himself
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:14am On Sep 05, 2023
It simply means out of all the species made one should be an intelligent creature that can also CREATE things like a demigod among the other creatures.
Humans have transformed this planet with lot of innovations like electricity, automobile, telecommunication, aircraft just to mention a few whereas all other species can't think of any improvement even the way they build their nests, they have all remained the same way they are till today!

May you have PEACE! smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by finegirl233: 7:14am On Sep 05, 2023
Wodu89:

We'll talk about your diary later. Maybe in some months when I'm free.
Ok. Thanks
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Carcholce: 7:18am On Sep 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Is a mannequin not made in your image?

🤔

EDITED. MORE COMMENTS PLEASE!!
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by inforesource: 7:30am On Sep 05, 2023
Carcholce:
Can someone explain.

When God said LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR OWN IMAGE, HE MEANT EXACTLY THAT. Let me explain. God has a heavenly kingdom. In that kingdom HE created creatures that can dwell with HIM and relate with HIM in that realm. They are angels, they are spirit beings. Meaning they do not wear physical bodies and can't exist effectively in a physical realm.

So, God needed to have another realm that HE can relate physically as well, then HE decided to create another kingdom called the earth where things in the spiritual realm can be made visible including HIMSELF.

This is where the idea of creating another creature called man came from. God wants to be seen and touched by this new creation and relate with them just like HE does with the spiritual creation. Then HE formed man in the image that's in consistent and existence in HIM.

This is the reason why Jesus is the solid or better put it like this, Jesus is the physical representation of the invisible God. This can be demonstrated by the 3 states of water. Solid, liquid and gas. Same water but different forms. I believe if Adam and Eve were not corrupt, the physical God would have been born by intercourse between man and wife. But that channel was corrupted. However, since the original plan of earth was for God to be seen and interact physically, God still pull that idea through by coming through a virgin using incorruptible seed or sperm. Remember sperm in man comes from HIM. There is so much to say but let me stop here.

2 Likes

Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:36am On Sep 05, 2023
An image is a reflection of someone or something
Now God is a spirit and invisible and no man has seen God
Man being made in the image of God does not imply physical resemblance but a reflection of God's personality or attributes and qualities such as love, justice, power and wisdom.

As Bro Max says, May you have Peace

1 Like

Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Carcholce: 8:25am On Sep 05, 2023
inforesource:

When God said LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR OWN IMAGE, HE MEANT EXACTLY THAT. Let me explain. God has a heavenly kingdom. In that kingdom HE created creatures that can dwell with HIM and relate with HIM in that realm. They are angels, they are spirit beings. Meaning they do not wear physical bodies and can't exist effectively in a physical realm.

So, God needed to have another realm that HE can relate physically as well, then HE decided to create another kingdom called the earth where things in the spiritual realm can be made visible including HIMSELF.

This is where the idea of creating another creature called man came from. God wants to be seen and touched by this new creation and relate with them just like HE does with the spiritual creation. Then HE formed man in the image that's in consistent and existence in HIM.

This is the reason why Jesus is the solid or better put it like this, Jesus is the physical representation of the invisible God. This can be demonstrated by the 3 states of water. Solid, liquid and gas. Same water but different forms. I believe if Adam and Eve were not corrupt, the physical God would have been born by intercourse between man and wife. But that channel was corrupted. However, since the original plan of earth was for God to be seen and interact physically, God still pull that idea through by coming through a virgin using incorruptible seed or sperm. Remember sperm in man comes from HIM. There is so much to say but let me stop here.

, your comment is filled with knowledge.

1 Like

Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Carcholce: 8:25am On Sep 05, 2023
Aemmyjah:
An image is a reflection of someone or something
Now God is a spirit and invisible and no man has seen God
Man being made in the image of God does not imply physical resemblance but a reflection of God's personality or attributes and qualities such as love, justice, power and wisdom.

As Bro Max says, May you have Peace

Thank you. You made a good point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Carcholce: 8:26am On Sep 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
It simply means out of all the species made one should be an intelligent creature that can also CREATE things like a demigod among the other creatures.
Humans have transformed this planet with lot of innovations like electricity, automobile, telecommunication, aircraft just to mention a few whereas all other species can't think of any improvement even the way they build their nests, they have all remained the same way they are till today!

May you have PEACE! smiley

Thank you Max. You also made a very good point.

2 Likes

Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Nextt: 9:15am On Sep 05, 2023
MrsTwrite:
Men are like semi gods.

Even the Lord Jesus himself said men are gods, not like gods or semi gods
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:00am On Sep 05, 2023
Carcholce:

Thank you Max. You also made a very good point.
You're welcome Sir.

Aemmyjah is my brother in the faith! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Nextt: 10:00am On Sep 05, 2023
To be created in the image of God means to be created to have the very nature of God in us but not that we are members of the Godhead (Father, Son and Holy Spirit). Can a human adopt a cat as their son? The righteous are the children of God. Now, we know only in part what that nature entails but one of the things we do know is that only God and man have a soul. Angels do not have a soul, neither do the 24 elders or creatures in heaven.

Secondly, only man and God can be one as the Lord Jesus and the Father and the Spirit are one. God has created in man a place that only He can reside. God cannot fill angels with His Presence (not 'will not') nor any other creation in heaven or under it except man. That oneness that transcends space and time and dimensions is only possible with God and man.

Thirdly, we came from God. We did not materialize from an external force. We have always been resident in God before He created us on earth. God told Jeremiah in the book of Jeremiah 1:5, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." This is not true of other creatures save man. Ergo, the true nature of man is light as God is Light.

One undeniable nature of God is that He is a King. If we are made in the image of God then surely we are kings. This is true as confirmed in the book of Revelations 1:6 which says "And has made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." When God created Adam He gave him dominion over the works of His hands as He himself has dominion over all that are in existence.

In the book of John 10:34, Jesus quoted the book of Psalms in agreement saying men are gods. The reason is we are created in His image to worship Him. People have very little idea the meaning of worship but telling God you love Him is worship. Fellowship with God is worship. Be friends of God is worship not just verbal adoration.

Let me stop here. There is still much about our likeness to God that has not been revealed until we get to heaven but this should give us an idea what it means to be created in His image.
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by APOPTOSIS: 10:06am On Sep 05, 2023
Carcholce:
Can someone explain.

Who was there in person to see God, understand and take notes down when God was saying such?
Ours is just to swallow whatever comes our way without critically analysing things..
Try and develop the life of a critic....
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by inforesource: 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2023
Carcholce:

, your comment is filled with knowledge.

Thank you.
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

Who was there in person to see God, understand and take notes down when God was saying such?
Ours is just to swallow whatever comes our way without critically analysing things..
Try and develop the life of a critic....

Is your mannequin not made in your image? Is your car or phone or house made so?

"Pay no attention to what a critic says: There has never been a statue raised up for a critic " jean Sibelus.

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running". Channing Pollock.

1 Like

Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by onumadu: 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
I don enter class.
I LOVE this thread already. smiley
Please teach me, masters!
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by onumadu: 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
inforesource:

Remember sperm in man comes from HIM. There is so much to say but let me stop here.

Okay, you really need to NOT stop here...
You need to teach what you know, or at least share your understanding of it.

I say so because I came across a video documentary where men from a certain primitive tribe in Africa were performing a ritual to replenish the population of animals they believe were going extinct.

This community is still going about naked (they are still in "Adamic" stage of development).

They perform this ritual by carving out wooden (and other materials) replica of the animals they wanted to increase their populations, and masturbated with them. They claim that after the rituals, the animals started increasing in population again.

Now, no scientist have ( at least I didn't see that information) confirmed that the ritual actually worked.
But if this primitive tribe has been doing this for perhaps thousands of years, it means they believe(from past experiences) that it works!

So, how can primitive men somewhere in Africa increase the population of say lions or buffalos by merely masturbating into their improvised wooden replicas ?
As far as I know, only God has creation powers.

Sometimes I think that man is just God working around on earth, but not being aware of it.
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by inforesource: 7:24am On Sep 06, 2023
onumadu:

Okay, you really need to NOT stop here...
You need to teach what you know, or at least share your understanding of it.

I say so because I came across a video documentary where men from a certain primitive tribe in Africa were performing a ritual to replenish the population of animals they believe were going extinct.

This community is still going about naked (they are still in "Adamic" stage of development).

They perform this ritual by carving out wooden (and other materials) replica of the animals they wanted to increase their populations, and masturbated with them. They claim that after the rituals, the animals started increasing in population again.

Now, no scientist have ( at least I didn't see that information) confirmed that the ritual actually worked.
But if this primitive tribe has been doing this for perhaps thousands of years, it means they believe(from past experiences) that it works!

So, how can primitive men somewhere in Africa increase the population of say lions or buffalos by merely masturbating into their improvised wooden replicas ?
As far as I know, only God has creation powers.

Sometimes I think that man is just God working around on earth, but not being aware of it.
My dear, man is a very powerful being. They are gods indeed. They permit what goes on here in the earth realm. It is this knowledge that made me to know how useless demons or devil can be if man doesn't permit them to function through them. And how powerful demonic operation can become if men give access to the demons to work through them. Even God the creator can do nothing on earth if man don't make themselves available for HIS use. This is the law that works on the earth realm. It is God that instituted this law and HE can not break it because HE made man after HIS own image. The word IMAGE here means after HIS kind. So if HE is God, then we are.
Re: What Did God Mean When He Said He Made Man In His Own Image? by onumadu: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2023
inforesource:

My dear, man is a very powerful being. They are gods indeed. They permit what goes on here in the earth realm. It is this knowledge that made me to know how useless demons or devil can be if man doesn't permit them to function through them. And how powerful demonic operation can become if men give access to the demons to work through them. Even God the creator can do nothing on earth if man don't make themselves available for HIS use. This is the law that works on the earth realm. It is God that instituted this law and HE can not break it because HE made man after HIS own image. The word IMAGE here means after HIS kind. So if HE is God, then we are.

I now understand why Satan had to ask Jesus to bow down to him. Why didn't satan simply force Jesus?
He had to rely on deception.
Anyway I digress.
I've found out even in my own life that most times I defeat the devil just with my mind or intelligence.
I HARDLY involve my spirit side sef. I just outwit the devil (or devils) and they go away. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Something To Share Concerning The Great Flood / A Country Built On Foundation Of Murder And Injustice Can’t Have PEACE / Spiritual Digest For The Day 8th Of July 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.