Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims (34655 Views)

10 Famous People In History That Went Bankrupt / Kano: Security Council Declares Phone Snatching As Armed Robbery / Symporosa Otunuya Otike Odibe Buried In Lagos Amid Tears (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by flexyrule(m): 6:27am On Sep 06, 2023
Oh well...
Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by eepeepook: 6:28am On Sep 06, 2023
Na them know. The whiteman's economy.
Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Gerrard59(m): 6:29am On Sep 06, 2023
When I saw the headline, I wondered wetin concern Britain's second biggest city's fiscal issues with ordinary Nigerians. Then, my instincts kicked in to say the thread was created by an Agbadorian.

As I thought, so was it: an Agbadorian doing his work. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Collins4u1(m): 6:30am On Sep 06, 2023
fuckJones:
let us blame tinubu

why won't you blame tinubu,

Does his Government pay jobless and elderly people benefit as well as young ones?
how many road is fixed?
water service?
Electricity?
do they provide free housing or subsidized housing to the poor.
These are what that council that got bankrupted do.

Maybe you'd be blame rather for not knowing anything.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Watcharena: 6:30am On Sep 06, 2023
The sanctions are seriously working

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by flexyrule(m): 6:31am On Sep 06, 2023
decatalyst:
Shebi Britain wants to stand alone and aloof ni, they will lick their wounds for a very long time.

Your economic is in shambles, with aging population, and unnecessary finance of proxy wars, yet you dey break away from EU without concrete economic roadmap πŸ˜†

It's a bad time to travel go school, tourism, work, and flex in UK. The taxes will be bigger than Olumo rock 🀣

UK citizens and the Jakpad population, the shege is coming, rumbling like a great storm.

Brace up, winter is coming 😁
Some of you people are worse than the de-vil.

Very quick to celebrate bad news.

No matter how bad the economy of the UK is, their citizens would always have a better life and inftracstruture than you, and an average Nigerian.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:33am On Sep 06, 2023
Such detailed accounting to know exactly how much deficit they are in.

When you do not do corrupt things, you will be able to render accounts without fear or hiding.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Douglad: 6:34am On Sep 06, 2023
Gerrard59:
When I saw the headline, I wondered wetin concern Britain's second biggest city's fiscal issues with ordinary Nigerians. Then, my instincts kicked in to say the thread was created by an Agbadorian.

As I thought, so was it: an Agbadorian doing his work. grin

At this point, it's very easy to know when a brainless good-for-nothing agbadorian wants to sow propaganda.

These animals will do anything to make blablubla look like the greatest thing since sliced bread.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Badassniggga(m): 6:38am On Sep 06, 2023
Miles300:
they are an exporting nation
lol really? What do they export? Oga they only tax their citizens heavy.

2 Likes

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Bishop4real: 6:39am On Sep 06, 2023
Yet, no one is calling them "zoo" or a "failed state". Britons will find a way to rally round the government in trying to find solutions But if it were to be Naija now, internet would have been on fire mostly ignited by Nigerians. A thousand & one reasons would have been blamed for the situation & a litany of "facts"
on why we can't survive it reeled out mostly by economic neophytes & emotionally bankrupt bitter souls. We are our problem, honestly

5 Likes

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by sonofsteven: 6:41am On Sep 06, 2023
godofuck231:
This is what happens when the government over taxes its citizens , a rise in tide lifts all boats , the uk government is over doing too much it need to step-down on actions and activities not necessarily for human existence

Great economist

You don finish dey attend the economic situation in Nigeria before una begin advice another country who doesn't give a Bleep or know you exist?? Just passing o

1 Like

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Douglad: 6:42am On Sep 06, 2023
dele1727:

shocked shocked shocked

I think many of us don't understand a thing or just choose to be plain stupid.....

The Uk has what it calls the waiting list....7.6millon people in the England are waiting to see the doctor....
In Wales 70,000 people are waiting to see the doctor for the past 18 Months...

The other day...doctors talk about Gambia paying $4000 to doctors....but they won't tell you that the cost of studying medicine in the Gambia is $4800 per year....

What is the cost of studying medicine in the UK? Β£9,000 pounds per year... people will go to ife or Lag or last for #25,000 per year and be asking to be paid the same with those that go to school with $4,800 and Β£9,000

What is the cost of housing? Or electricity or health insurance? Or transportation?
The only thing cheap in the uk is food and that is rising as well...
And when we talk of Minimum wage... what is the difference between the politicians and the Civil servants ? What most of them take home is far greater than their salary

Their system is no longer working...they now need new breds of Slaves....

You may curse APC and PDP or APGA....

But never curse Nigeria....when you compare countries do it holistically

You should be more concerned with Nigeria that has 0.4 doctors per 1000 persons than the UK with 3 doctors per 1000 persons.

There are very few countries that can use that your stats above to diss the UK and a shitty sub Saharan African country isn't one of them.
Una no reach πŸ˜‚

8 Likes

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Rolings: 6:43am On Sep 06, 2023
captainamiedi1:
But how is their currency still very strong? What do they sell? These whole thing I don't understand at all.

The biggest and greatest Colonial master of all times.

They colonised India Canada Australia (three of the world's fastest growing countries )

Since they still have a good hold on their former colonies ...... The pound have no choice than to be very strong

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by condralbedez: 6:43am On Sep 06, 2023
APC NL supporters will be so pleased to this news, that's their yardstick for argument.

4 Likes

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Angelfrost(m): 6:44am On Sep 06, 2023
VikingKing:
This is the type of news APC use in deceiving Nigerians into thinking that they should be content with their disastrous government.

DONT BE DECEIVED!! BRITAINS WORST IS STILL 10 TIMES BETTER THAN NIGERIAS BEST!!

You are not making sense at all...

It's okay to hate your country, but no need dragging her into international issues that have no bearing with her.

A city in Britain is bankrupt, yet you're all out defending Japa... Like, what's the correlation?!

4 Likes

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by bewla(m): 6:45am On Sep 06, 2023
fuckJones:
let us blame tinubu
And you say Nigeria is curse

Them they mad

Home is hommy
Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Chucks13: 6:47am On Sep 06, 2023
Where are those evil, no home training children called Obidients, I think Tinubu is the cause of Birmigham declaring bankruptcy? Oh sorry it is Nigeria oil subsidy that caused it?

Oh Tinubu is sick that is why Birmigham is bankrupted? Oya start your stupid and nonentities post blaming Tinubu for your failed destinies.

Useless no home training children awon omo irankiran omo pau bi ibon, awon eleri ibu omo ale gbogbo.
Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by diesel86: 6:49am On Sep 06, 2023
captainamiedi1:
But how is their currency still very strong? What do they sell? These whole thing I don't understand at all.

That is the Western Voodoo economics for you grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by bewla(m): 6:49am On Sep 06, 2023
Douglad:

You should be more concerned with Nigeria that has 0.4 doctors per 1000 persons than the UK with 3 doctors per 1000 persons.

There are very few countries that can use that your stats above to diss the UK and a shitty sub Saharan African country isn't one of them.
Una no reach πŸ˜‚
How little you are is only decide by your imagination

Am rich and Nigeria is still the best
What ever you say won't change my mentality

Am not going to be slave to any person who look down on me

So you can only cage your imagination or deal with the illusion the white have program us to look down on us

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by johnjose68: 6:51am On Sep 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Britain’s second-largest city effectively declares itself bankrupt amid $950 million equal pay claims

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/05/economy/birmingham-council-bankrupt-uk-gbr-intl/index.html

Japa people, how far
Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Karleb(m): 6:51am On Sep 06, 2023
Chucks13:
Where are those evil, no home training children called Obidients, I think Tinubu is the cause of Birmigham declaring bankruptcy? Oh sorry it is Nigeria oil subsidy that caused it?

Oh Tinubu is sick that is why Birmigham is bankrupted? Oya start your stupid and nonentities post blaming Tinubu for your failed destinies.

Useless no home training children awon omo irankiran omo pau bi ibon, awon eleri ibu omo ale gbogbo.

No wonder some of you don't amount to anything in life. So unbelievably bitter. You people don't love anything good.

Atleast Buhari was paying you guys 30k monthly. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by bewla(m): 6:51am On Sep 06, 2023
Chucks13:

Home is hommy

They term is to believe we are no match to them
Even rub it to our face
Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Douglad: 6:52am On Sep 06, 2023
bewla:
How little you are is only decide by your imagination

Am rich and Nigeria is still the best
What ever you say won't change my mentality

Am not going to be slave to any person who look down on me

So you can only cage your imagination or deal with the illusion the white have program us to look down on us

I don't give half a fΓ»ck if you're rich or not. I'm only talking about the stats you dropped.

If doctor per 1000 persons ratio is the metric you use to judge Britain's system, then it's safe to say Nigeria failed decades ago because we're significantly worse than they are in that regard.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Natural2Heal: 6:55am On Sep 06, 2023
FuckTheMod:

YOU'RE A CAREER LAZY BEGGAR
I don't know you too observe his constant post on nairaland seeking help all the time? Atleast he should pause for a while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by TheFacelessMan: 6:56am On Sep 06, 2023
Thank you for the detailed post educating the ignorant fellow.

I just want to comment that it is very likely that the tuition fee per year quoted for UK might be way higher.

Because the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine set fees for foreign students as Β£28,000 / year while home students were paying Β£7000. This was for Masters students. This was 2-3 years ago.

I can't confirm or refute the figures you quoted but I wouldn't be surprised if that's for home students.

dele1727:

shocked shocked shocked

I think many of us don't understand a thing or just choose to be plain stupid.....

The Uk has what it calls the waiting list....7.6millon people in the England are waiting to see the doctor....
In Wales 70,000 people are waiting to see the doctor for the past 18 Months...

The other day...doctors talk about Gambia paying $4000 to doctors....but they won't tell you that the cost of studying medicine in the Gambia is $4800 per year....

What is the cost of studying medicine in the UK? Β£9,000 pounds per year... people will go to ife or Lag or last for #25,000 per year and be asking to be paid the same with those that go to school with $4,800 and Β£9,000

What is the cost of housing? Or electricity or health insurance? Or transportation?
The only thing cheap in the uk is food and that is rising as well...
And when we talk of Minimum wage... what is the difference between the politicians and the Civil servants ? What most of them take home is far greater than their salary

Their system is no longer working...they now need new breds of Slaves....

You may curse APC and PDP or APGA....

But never curse Nigeria....when you compare countries do it holistically

2 Likes

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by SmartPolician: 6:58am On Sep 06, 2023
fuckJones:
let us blame tinubu

Please stop wasting spaces of Nairaland comments section if you have nothing reasonable to contribute.

Sometimes, you should read news and walk away without commenting.
Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Angelfrost(m): 6:59am On Sep 06, 2023
decatalyst:
Shebi Britain wants to stand alone and aloof ni, they will lick their wounds for a very long time.

Your economic is in shambles, with aging population, and unnecessary finance of proxy wars, yet you dey break away from EU without concrete economic roadmap πŸ˜†

It's a bad time to travel go school, tourism, :-Xwork, and flex in UK. The taxes will be bigger than Olumo rock 🀣

UK citizens and the Jakpad population, the shege is coming, rumbling like a great storm.

*Yawns*

Yeah right... Anything to make your life of mediocrity in Nigeria more manageable. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by TheOgaBoss: 6:59am On Sep 06, 2023
decatalyst:

It's a bad time to travel go school, tourism, work, and flex in UK. The taxes will be bigger than Olumo rock 🀣

even the eu bloc is not doing so well, Germany is struggling, the war in Ukraine is really taking its toll on them

2 Likes

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Phraences: 7:00am On Sep 06, 2023
decatalyst:

Wasn't UK surviving before joining EURO? And why did they leave EURO if they were thriving under it? Problems here and there.
Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Pacesetter123(m): 7:00am On Sep 06, 2023
fuckJones:
let us blame tinubu
🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Yankee101: 7:01am On Sep 06, 2023
If not for colonies and offshore banking for stolen wealth, that country should be bankrupt long ago together with France

www.muriajaka.com

2 Likes

Re: Birmingham City Council Declares Itself Bankrupt Amid $950m Pay Claims by Bfly: 7:03am On Sep 06, 2023
Africans and self-hate syndrome.
They are worrying about what is happening is UK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Teenager Kills Step-Mother In Lafia, Nasarawa, Cut Her Throat With Kitchen Knife / Damilola And Kareem Adeyeri Get 12-Year Jail term for Duping American Of $82,570 / Gunmen Kill Man Celebrating His Birthday In Lagos. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.