Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,137 members, 7,867,291 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:31 PM

Farouk Abdulmutallab; Saint Or Demon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Abdulmutallab; Saint Or Demon (546 Views)

Osama Bin Laden Is Alive - Abdulmutallab / New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab / Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: This Is His Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Farouk Abdulmutallab; Saint Or Demon by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 16, 2011
Hi peeps, I was having this discussion with someone today about Farouk's act and she (a christian) likened him to Saint Paul who innocently persecuted christians thinking and believing it was the right thing he was doing. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not and has never been a fan of this dude (farouk) and has never supported his actions, but there is something he said that touched me; "the american government may have found me guilty, but before Allah, I'm innocent" This is someone justifying his attempted killing of innocent people, and before his God, he is doing the right thing. Even if he was released a million times, he would continue what he is doing, fighting the Holy war(Jihad). This is why I say that the American government with it's vast area of intelligence, running into billions of dollars has gotten it wrong in it's approach against islamic radicals . They should not be fought with air strikes, drones or missiles but they can be tackled in a positive way with words. How? This radicalism is in them, in the soul and they are ready to die for it so talking to them on why islam is a religion of peace not violence is the way out. Back to the dicussion on Farouk, what do you think of him saint or satan, angel or demon, hero or zero

(1) (Reply)

How Anambra Is Forging Ahead / Nigerians, Try This! / EDIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.