Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

The Yoke Of Christ: What It Is And How To Wear It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Yoke Of Christ: What It Is And How To Wear It (199 Views)

Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? / Finished Works Of Christ: What It Means. / The Event Between Satan And Christ: What Readers Do Not Understand In Luke 4:8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Yoke Of Christ: What It Is And How To Wear It by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 06, 2023
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Matthew 11:28‭-‬30 NIV

So it is affirmed that there's this light burden that comes with accepting and following Christ.
Do you know what it is?
Do you want to find out?

Gain more understanding with this YouTube Short:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0jNFYHTNuY?si=2GH1S7lbBbSbxLiB
Re: The Yoke Of Christ: What It Is And How To Wear It by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2023
Yoke of burden means the stick used in ancient times to make two animals work together in a farm so when Jesus talks about his yoke he was referring to himself working with you side by side bearing the same yoke.
Animals used for this type of task must be equal in strength so that one will not override the other due to being stronger.
So Jesus is saying that if you're working side by side with him he will work according to your strength so that you don't become exhausted he will make the job easier for you.

To fully grasp this illustration you need to know the job Jesus commissioned that requires the participation of imperfect humans like you and i!

1 Like

Re: The Yoke Of Christ: What It Is And How To Wear It by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2023
GLHHub:
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Matthew 11:28‭-‬30 NIV
So it is affirmed that there's this light burden that comes with accepting and following Christ. Do you know what it is? Do you want to find out?
The Law/agreement/Covenant/Contract is a yoke and a burden those who are under it must bear. To bear the burden of the yoke means to submit to and obey the terms and conditions of the Law. undecided

Jesus Christ is God's Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God, and God's mandate to all those who will live under the burden of the said yoke is that they submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of said Law in order to benefit of the promises of the Kingdom of God.
Re: The Yoke Of Christ: What It Is And How To Wear It by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The Law/agreement/Covenant/Contract is a yoke and a burden those who are under it must bear. To bear the burden of the yoke means to submit to and obey the terms and conditions of the Law. undecided

Jesus Christ is God's Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God, and God's mandate to all those who will live under the burden of the said yoke is that they submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of said Law in order to benefit of the promises of the Kingdom of God.

Yh...
Agreed to much of these. smiley
Re: The Yoke Of Christ: What It Is And How To Wear It by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 08, 2023
Callback...
Re: The Yoke Of Christ: What It Is And How To Wear It by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
Callback....

(1) (Reply)

10 Unmistakable Characteristics Of A Fool According To The Bible. / Is Our Self-worth Truly Based On What People Think Of Us? / What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.