Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,564 members, 7,850,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:04 AM

Kogi Central: Senator Ohere Heads To Appeal Court, Says 'we're Confident Of Vict - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Central: Senator Ohere Heads To Appeal Court, Says 'we're Confident Of Vict (206 Views)

Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti / Kogi Central Organises March For Bola Tinubu (Video, Pictures) / Natasha Akpoti Picks PDP Senatorial Ticket For Kogi Central (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Central: Senator Ohere Heads To Appeal Court, Says 'we're Confident Of Vict by Adeboye80: 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2023
Senator Sadiku Abubakar Ohere representing Kogi Central Senatorial District has expressed optimism that he is confident of victory, as he heads to Appeal Court.

Abubakar stated this in a statement he personally signed and made available to newsmen this evening.

The statement reads, “I received the judgement of the Tribunal with great shock.”

“Particularly worrisome is the aspect bordering on the Tribunal’s decision that as Respondent, I ought to have filed a cross-petition to be able to challenge votes in an election petition.”

“I feel strongly that, that decision is contrary to Paragraph 15 of the First Schedule to the Electoral Act, 2022. As a matter of fact, I presented before the Tribunal through my team of lawyers a decision of the Appellate Courts which held that a Respondent does not need to file a cross-petition to challenge votes in an election petition, if the ground for challenging the election is “majority of lawful votes”.

“While I am waiting for my team of lawyers to give me full details on the judgment, I urge all my supporters to be calm and peaceful as their mandate is not lost.”

“I verily know that I have option of Appeal to the Court of Appeal which I shall exercise after due consultation with my lawyers.”

“I am confident that we shall triumph at the next floor of justice by pointing to areas where we strongly disagree with the ruling. Your mandate shall be protected.”

“I urge my supporters not to be disturbed but to believe that we will get it right.”

Re: Kogi Central: Senator Ohere Heads To Appeal Court, Says 'we're Confident Of Vict by Opanka44(m): 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2023
Lawyers are cashing out big time this season.
Everyone is fighting for himself and family and not the masses.
I'm not being negative, But Nigeria can never be Better than it is right now. It can only get worse
Re: Kogi Central: Senator Ohere Heads To Appeal Court, Says 'we're Confident Of Vict by press9jatv: 10:26pm On Sep 06, 2023
Tribunal has declared Natasha Akpoti of PDP as winner of Kogi Central Senatorial District Election.
Total Score according to Tribunal:
APC: 51,291
PDP: 54,354

APC/Ohere to pay 500k fine to Natasha

Congratulations to the dogged fighter and great philanthropist, Barrister Natasha Akpoti. To God be the Glory for today’s victories. By the Special Grace of Almighty God, Barrister Natasha Akpoti will win massively in the Court of Appeal too. The voice of God is the voice of the people. To God be the Glory for the victories in today’s ruling. Ohere the clueless mandate thief will be heavily disgrace and shamed in the court of Appeal. His case will be dismissed for lacking merit in the court of Appeal

(1) (Reply)

Bravo To All Obidients Worldwide: The Fight For A Better Country Continues. / Clear Your Name Instead Of Going To Court, Ondo Professionals Tell Aiyedatiwa / Three Nigerians Named Beneficiaries Of American Techwomen Initiative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.