Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti (18795 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Senate Minority Whip, Nwokocha (LP); Affirms Pdp's Akobundu / Plateau: Tribunal Affirms PDP's Caleb Mutfwang As Duly Elected Governor / From Guber to Senate, SDP to PDP, Natasha Akpoti Ambition Worries Kogites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by fergie001: 10:43am On Oct 31, 2023
The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja has upheld the sack of Abubakar Ohere of the APC, and re-affirmed Barr. Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan as the duly elected Senator representing Kogi Central Senatorial District.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC on February 28, declared APC's Ohere Sadiku Abubakar winner with 52132 votes ahead of the main challenger, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan (PDP) who scored 51763 votes.

Not satisfied with the development, the PDP candidate alleged the results were manipulated in favour of the APC candidate.

In a March 16 petition filed by Akpoti-Uduaghan & PDP, the Petitioners held that:

“the 1st Petitioner, Natasha Hadiza Akpoti – Uduaghan be declared winner and issued a Certificate of Return as the duly elected candidate at the Kogi Central Senatorial District election, having scored the highest number of lawful votes cast at the election held on the 25th and 26th February 2023, and, satisfied the provisions of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) and Electoral Act, 2022”.

“The 3rd Respondent (INEC) declared and returned the 1st Respondent (Ohere) winner of the Kogi Central Senatorial District election, and, the Petitioners state that the 1st Respondent was not duly elected and/or duly returned as the winner of the aforesaid election; having not scored the majority of the lawful votes cast at the election.

“The Petitioners state that the ground for presenting the Petition is that:

“i. The 1st Respondent, OHERE SADIKU ABUBAKAR, was not duly elected by majority of the lawful votes cast at the election.

“The Petitioners state that the 1st Petitioner scored the highest number of lawful votes cast at the Kogi Central Senatorial District election and ought to have been declared winner and returned elected by the 3rd Respondent.

“The Petitioners state that the 2nd Respondent was wrongly declared the winner of the said election and its candidate, the 1st Respondent was unduly and wrongfully returned as the Senator-elect for Kogi Central Senatorial District by the 3rd Respondent."

The tribunal on 6th September, nullified the victory of Senator Ohere of the APC and affirmed Natasha Hadiza as duly elected after scoring majority of lawful votes.

The tribunal Chairman, Justice Kemakolam Anthony Orjiako, who read the unanimous judgment of the three-man panel, said polling results were inflated in 9 polling units of Ajaokuta LGA in favour of Ohere, while the polling results for Akpoti-Uduaghan was intentionally reduced in the same 9 polling units by the INEC ward collation officers.

Orjiako also explained that 3 other polling unit results were deliberately not recorded for Akpoti-Uduaghan in the same LGA.

The tribunal said that Akpoti-Uduaghan polled 1073 votes in the 9 polling units of Ajaokuta LGA against the 77 that was recorded by the ward collation officers, while the figure of the APC candidate, Ohere, was inflated to 1553 against the actual figure of 1031.

“The tribunal is also convinced that the petitioner’s 996 votes in polling units 009, 046 and O49 polling units of Ganaja village of Ajaokuta LGA was deliberately not recorded at the ward collation centre,” it held.

The tribunal averred that [u]it is not the duty of collation officers to reject results submitted by the presiding officers from polling units in an election that followed the electoral guidelines substantially.[u]

“The issues raised by the petitioner is hereby resolved in favour of the petitioners and after making the proper correction, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan (PDP) having polled 54,074 against Abubakar Ohere (APC), who polled 51,291, is hereby declared the authentic winner."

The tribunal subsequently ordered INEC to withdraw the certificate of returns issued to Ohere and issue same to Akpoti-Uduaghan.

Justice Orjiako also berated INEC for conniving with officials of the 2nd Respondent (APC) to subvert the will of the people and ordered the 3rd Respondent to N500000 to the 1st Petitioner.

Unsurprisingly aggrieved with the tribunal judgement, Ohere, APC & INEC approached the final Court in these matters, praying the tribunal judgement be set aside and he (Ohere) be so returned.

In consolidated appeals, CA/ABJ/EP/SEN/KG/35/2023 & CA/ABJ/EP/SEN/KG/57/2023, the Appeal Court upheld the decision of the tribunal and affirmed the PDP Candidate as duly-elected.

Akpoti-Uduaghan who hails from Obeiba-Ihima in Okehi LGA is the first female Senator in Kogi State.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by RichardRexs(m): 10:44am On Oct 31, 2023
Congratulations Natasha. A big victory over Yahaya Bello senatorial zone.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by Truths9ja: 10:44am On Oct 31, 2023
To God be the Glory, barrister Akpoti won the battle . Meanwhile, Kogi Senator kneeling down to a governor in Kogi State, Yahaya Bello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKhLy-xtQ7Q

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by Xxxxtentacion2: 10:47am On Oct 31, 2023
Apc will lose kogi state... . Insha allah...

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by rectitude(m): 10:49am On Oct 31, 2023
It's like the house of cards has started falling apart for the current Governor of Kogi state in his quest for a successor. This may as well further give a hint on how the forthcoming Kogi gubernatorial elections will go.
Power may be going out of the hands of the Governor as it seem.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by mcmukoko12(m): 10:49am On Oct 31, 2023
Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by 3ice9ce: 10:49am On Oct 31, 2023
RichardRexs:
Congratulations Natasha. A big victory over Yahaya Bello senatorial zone.

They are from the same Senatorial zone.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by 99thEnemy(m): 10:50am On Oct 31, 2023
grin

Kogi yan yan. grin
Natasha Akpoti yan yan. grin
Appeal court yan yan. grin

Someone play me Oti Yan Yan by Slim Joe . grin

Shout out to: @TizzyAbel

#¶IRU cool
Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by Biwava: 10:50am On Oct 31, 2023
The election will be a serious one

6 Likes

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by damble: 10:50am On Oct 31, 2023
Toor
Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by hisexcellency34: 10:50am On Oct 31, 2023
This will make Yahaya Bello cry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by Addme: 10:50am On Oct 31, 2023
Congrats Natasha,it was a big fight to finish. You deserve it.
Just make sure you reciprocate the love your people have shown you by proper legislation and assistance where needed.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by Reelmii: 10:50am On Oct 31, 2023
Ok
Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by crossfm: 10:51am On Oct 31, 2023
Hehehe.

Bello in the mud grin grin.

The governor with all his intimidation and blocking of roads during elections, still failed to take this one.

This woman is truly strong and her people are behind her.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by jattopeter(m): 10:52am On Oct 31, 2023
Honestly thats my home Town. People voted for her Massively but the Power within wanted to change the will of the people. I can boldly say its now We have Senator , Enough of Sending I support people to go and represent us .This is victory for Ebira as a whole.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by 07kjb: 10:52am On Oct 31, 2023
When you have Igbo judges preciding over issues,they are 70% not biased

IGBOS ARE best breeds in NIGERIA no matter the negative PROPAGANDA against them

19 Likes

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by happney65: 10:52am On Oct 31, 2023
Oju ti ti bello like this. grin

Bello has a personal beef with that woman. Maybe he wants to straff her and she no gree or something cos wetin the guy do to that woman during electioneering is unimaginable.

At the end of the day, she's going to resume in the House tommorow and there is nothing Bello can do about it

Over to Natasha to deliver well to her District. If she doesnt and decides to do like an Oloribuku,she will be booted out too

cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by Emyzoloye5(m): 10:53am On Oct 31, 2023
Yeye bello in the mud😂

7 Likes

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by BadMaster: 10:53am On Oct 31, 2023
Congratulations to her. This is justice in its true form.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by Obakoolex(m): 10:54am On Oct 31, 2023
Beautiful senator tongue

8 Likes

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by Cantonese: 10:54am On Oct 31, 2023
Congratulations Natasha Akpoti.
Ne us to get Bello and his group away from Kogi state. The state has not seen proper development.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by ogododo: 10:54am On Oct 31, 2023
[quote author=fergie001 post=126713761][/quote]

Kongatulations.
Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by TheDemola: 10:55am On Oct 31, 2023
Bello slowly going off.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by Coolsat(m): 10:56am On Oct 31, 2023
Congrats to her but this won't happen with governorship election

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by Fiscus105(m): 10:56am On Oct 31, 2023
The Prado jeep! Oga only smell it while madam would be the one to eat the goodies.

Yeye bello must disgrace the way Okorohausa disgraced.

9 Likes

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by israelmao(m): 10:56am On Oct 31, 2023
Dino should work with this woman in order to garner support for his victory,no matter what people say about Dino I still prefer him to Bello or his nominee 100%.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by McDoe(m): 10:57am On Oct 31, 2023
Congratulations to Natasha. This is a clear indication of what is to come in a few days time.

Yahaya Bello's arrogance and pride since becoming governor of the state is embarrassing.

God gives power but can also remove such power. If you doubt, read the scriptural account of Samuel and Saul in 2Kings

7 Likes

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by OZIOGU1: 10:57am On Oct 31, 2023
Congratulations Baby Natasha, this is a well deserved victory,,,i remenber casting my vote for you, i traveled home for the first time since 2003 just to vote for for you, i am happy my day is made, now we can can conveniently work for ODODO victory insha Allah.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by Lifted07: 10:58am On Oct 31, 2023
She's beautiful!🥰

1 Like

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by OZIOGU1: 11:00am On Oct 31, 2023
jattopeter:
Honestly thats my home Town. People voted for her Massively but the Power within wanted to change the will of the people. I can boldly say its now We have Senator , Enough of Sending I support people to go and represent us .This is victory for Ebira as a whole.

Exactly bro, i traveled home to vote for her, the last time i voted was in 2003, i was so pained, but i knew she will get her mandate back, she is a dugged fighter

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti by fergie001: 11:02am On Oct 31, 2023
Lifted07:
She's beautiful!🥰
Mum is Ukrainian....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC To Summon Okonjo-Iweala Over Arms Deal / NBA, Others Condemn Ricky Tarfa’s Arrest By EFCC / FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.