Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,658 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu (6012 Views)

Wilfred Machage Is Dead! (Kenya Ambassador To Nigeria Dies At 65) / Cama 2020 Act – My Position By Hon. Aniekan Umanah / Hustle For Ministerial Position By Prince Paul Ikonne; Hypocrisy At Its Peak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by Racoon(m): 2:54am On Sep 07, 2023
In the last eight years in Nigeria, many households were already being financially distressed. The final and irrevocable commitment of men and women in many families was severely threatened due to the economic situation in Nigeria.

Alcoholism, child abuse, hatred, and a thousand other things that are certainly wrong were happening on daily basis because of financial pressures mounted on individuals whose responsibility involves taking care of future generations.

The adventurously expectant life of many Nigerians which classified them globally as deeply religious had dwindled. No matter the packaging, we still find depression, despair, shame and guilt in the faces of many Nigerians.

This notwithstanding, some still believe strongly that the government or her policies cannot deprive them of their lustful pleasure (lust of the flesh), legitimate pleasure not to talk of lasting pleasure. According to this class of Nigerians, they would always drive their car, do their weekend shopping no matter the price of petrol.

Of recent, the Federal Government has advised Nigerians to embrace the use of bicycles as an alternative means of commuting. This is not only because of the environmental and health benefits but also as relief to the hard times under the yoke of fuel subsidy removal.

The precaution to be taken here is that so far, many families in Nigeria exhaust their income just on feeding alone. Many families are not worried because of where to build, invest or trade but how to keep body and soul together. The matter has become worrisome as there is no end in sight. Life’s plagues are tough to endure – painful to the core. But it becomes unbearable when there is a human factor to it.

It’s easy to find across the country a deep economic discontent among people in every walk of life. Even though we should be enjoying the highest standard of living the world has ever known but we still have poverty and not many agencies are trying to do something about it. Many are dissatisfied. People want more and more things. We want more, more and more.

There is no gainsaying the fact that every good driver changes the gear when the sound of the vehicle is high. But this is not for Nigerian politicians. And that is why there is a widening political unrest in Africa. That is why the struggle to enthrone a New Nigeria is strong. In a country where the Oil Marketers believe that the Government pays Subsidy on Petrol and the price of a liter rose from ₦200 to ₦700 is purely oppressive and wicked.

Not only that but also prices of goods keep soaring. Dealers, businessmen talk about new prices and last market price every day. Commercial drivers bicker and quarrel among themselves due to scarcity of passengers. The Open Market, hustling scenario tends to be the survival of the fittest. [/i]k

[i]Men on duty at Police Check-Points display anger and melancholy in their mode of extortion. Market women groan and lament about unwarranted transport expenses. Elderly men and women who cannot trek long distances bemoan and cry in pain; calling names. Some of them are conversely supposed to be in government payroll. Many hawkers appear tattered and forlorn due to low patronage.

Implicitly, the movement for taking back Nigeria cannot be more committed than now. Human capacity building is the hardest and greatest of all investments. The National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP) was introduced in 2001 by the government. Lagos State Government followed up with the Millennium Goals by bringing in KEKE tricycles for youth empowerment.

Today, most of the graduates who embarked on the initiative for survival are finding life hard. Remittance and savings cannot go together for those on Hire Purchase as the tricycles overtakes ₦2 million.

Coincidentally, it’s quoted that; “The Past does not merely tell us of what happened yesterday. It also illuminates what happens today.” (Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie) Nigerians are worried by the conspiracy that Nigeria is loaned out with her citizens as collateral. Weird as it may seem, many Nigerians are under panic. The prevailing circumstances make them to doubt the possibility of an answer to their prayers whether to God or to the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal. Must Nigerians be in fear?

Covertly, we do not need to dread, panic over an insensitive or oppressive government. Hidden grudges and bitterness are ruining the effectiveness of our struggle even the physical health of many Nigerians.

Dr. S. I. McMillen, in None of These Diseases, says, “The moment I start hating a man, I become his slave. I cannot enjoy my work anymore, because he even controls my thoughts. My resentment produces too many stress hormones in my body and I become fatigued after a few hours work. The work I formerly enjoyed is now drudgery. Even vacations cease to give me pleasure. The man I hate hounds me wherever I go. I cannot escape his tyrannical grasp on my mind.”

In addition, if you are married, think back to when you first met your husband or wife and fell in love. Stay excited about your relationships; engage each other and ignite each other’s imagination with a wide range of life’s topics.

According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), “In 2019, 1 in every 8 people, or 970 million people around the world were living with a mental disorder, with anxiety and depressive disorders being the most common”. It defines “mental disorder as characterized by a clinically significant disturbance in an individual’s cognition, emotional regulation or behaviour. It is usually associated with distress or impairment in important areas of functioning”.

Finally, we should take good care of our well-being. Human beings rarely change. Even if they change, it’s usually divinely inspired and for a purpose. If one has been a drug addict, a drug peddler or a drug baron; the hardened heart that peddles, sells or markets substances that poison the soul, injure the mind, wound the body just to make money (evil money) cannot change overnight. Besides, it takes a wicked heart to love money and desperately desire to accumulate wealth by any means.

Nigerians must be patient even resilient. Time is ticking. When the time comes, what has been our wish will manifest. Every Nigerian should think of safety first.

Toochukwu wrote from Awka, Anambra State
https://guardian.ng/opinion/nigerians-in-a-financially-precarious-position/

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by Racoon(m): 2:56am On Sep 07, 2023
In the last eight years in Nigeria, many households were already being financially distressed. The final and irrevocable commitment of men and women in many families was severely threatened due to the economic situation in Nigeria.

The precaution to be taken here is that so far, many families in Nigeria exhaust their income just on feeding alone. Many families are not worried because of where to build, invest or trade but how to keep body and soul together.

The matter has become worrisome as there is no end in sight. Life’s plagues are tough to endure – painful to the core. But it becomes unbearable when there is a human factor to it.
From Change to Next Level and then Renewed Hope, it has been no any sign of light @ the end of the tunnel with Nigeria @ 63 years of forced but failed nationhood.

As for the "it will favour me and my family crew" may sound conscience, mother nature, and providence vindicate you. But if otherwise, may the pain, anguish, hopelessness, despairment, and wickedness you wrought upon a this nation never elude you.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by Racoon(m): 3:05am On Sep 07, 2023
The adventurously expectant life of many Nigerians which classified them globally as deeply religious had dwindled. No matter the packaging, we still find depression, despair, shame and guilt in the faces of many Nigerians.

But this is not for Nigerian politicians. And that is why there is a widening political unrest in Africa. That is why the struggle to enthrone a New Nigeria is strong. In a country where the Oil Marketers believe that the Government pays Subsidy on Petrol and the price of a liter rose from ₦200 to ₦700 is purely oppressive and wicked.
"The cost of the decisions we took or failed to take yesterday is coming back to bite us hard today and threatening to pull down the already fragile economy. With dwindling oil output and export, we are currently facing a double whammy: we export little oil and spend the little income to import petroleum products because we do not refine at home.

Things got so bad at a stage that we did not have enough crude to exchange for products, so we mortgaged future oil production in order to import petrol for today. We are digging one hole after the other to fill the other holes we have dug everywhere. It is difficult to understand how we do things here and expect positive outcomes."

"Is Nigeria Truly Under A Spell?" By Simon Kolawole
https://www.thecable.ng/is-nigeria-truly-under-a-spell/amp

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by Racoon(m): 3:33am On Sep 07, 2023
Nigerians are worried, many Nigerians are under panic.The prevailing circumstances make them to doubt the possibility of an answer to their prayers whether to God or to the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal. Must Nigerians be in fear?
"Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position." https://guardian.ng/opinion/nigerians-in-a-financially-precarious-position/

"Is Nigeria Truly Under A Spell?" By Simon Kolawole
https://www.thecable.ng/is-nigeria-truly-under-a-spell/amp

Meanwhile,
"Naira Will Bounce Back, Stronger Than Dollar Soon" - Pastor Adeboye
https://punchng.com/economy-nairall-bounce-back-stronger-than-dollar-soon-says-adeboye/

"For faith without works is dead....." cc: Reno Omokri

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by TemplarLandry: 3:40am On Sep 07, 2023
grin

34 Likes

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by TemplarLandry: 3:40am On Sep 07, 2023
Dem go cry tire. 🤣

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by iCauseTrouble: 4:55am On Sep 07, 2023
angry
Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by utenwuson: 4:56am On Sep 07, 2023
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by bigdammyj: 4:56am On Sep 07, 2023
Noted.
Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by Yankee101: 4:57am On Sep 07, 2023
Everyone who supported apc from buhari to Tinubu, I hope they have a different economy

I apologize to those who didn’t vote for this but are in it and were rigged out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by linkers: 4:57am On Sep 07, 2023
Agbodi economics
Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by Yankee101: 4:58am On Sep 07, 2023
Apc supportes to explain tire

www.muriajaka.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by emmabest2000(m): 4:59am On Sep 07, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Dem go cry tire. 🤣

First time you miss first to comment

As your network fails you na so things will fail those that pay you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by Raskimonojendor: 4:59am On Sep 07, 2023
Renewed wailing by Racoon.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by MVLOX(m): 5:01am On Sep 07, 2023
This is no longer news na
Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by Bestinstinct(m): 5:04am On Sep 07, 2023
Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by FourQu: 5:07am On Sep 07, 2023
Hehehe grin my people should hang on to their seatbelts wink

Tha Drug Lord is fully in control cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by Chigozie321: 5:09am On Sep 07, 2023
Nigeria shall be great again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by nairalanda1(m): 5:22am On Sep 07, 2023
JudelucanTV:
Financially Precarious Position?? Yet people dey drop mad houses for Abuja.
Abuja is the most planned City in Africa | I can't believe this is Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1pu5u1hdwo

Wealth inequity.

Also, a lot of people in Abuja live in wretched housing, not the big boys house you see.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by lexy2014: 5:23am On Sep 07, 2023
Racoon:
https://guardian.ng/opinion/nigerians-in-a-financially-precarious-position/

dont worry. Tinubu has gone to India to bring $14billion. when he comes back, he will share it for everybody
Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by Shattuck(m): 5:31am On Sep 07, 2023
Apc folks thinking that obi supporters are personally affected or pained selfishly by this verdict are the biggest fools in the world, for me as an ardent obi supporter, I supported him for the sake of Nigeria, the only time I am pained is when I see the reckless looting and embezzlement of our collective wealth by our leaders and their friends and family, when I am being mocked the these apc's e-rats it doesn't even affect me because I know they aren't even eating from the table where the national wealth is being embezzled, they all look so stupid in that moment.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by DesChyko: 5:35am On Sep 07, 2023
In the words of Oku Nwamama

Ihe akpu huuru ghoo garri. Ihe ahu o shiri ike

It has not been easy for us dependents. Anybody billing parents in September does not have fear of God 🥲
Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by azikiweironsi(m): 6:00am On Sep 07, 2023
Balderdash.
With all the conspiracy theories from the Primary election to the Presidential election the man continue to move without looking at the hails of stones thrown at him.
Isn't it wonderful ?
Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by Grace001: 6:04am On Sep 07, 2023
Useless government of destiny wasters.

8 years of nothing to show for it.
Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by GYBABA(m): 6:09am On Sep 07, 2023
Before opening this thread, I already suspected it was Racoon behind it. I like some of the articles he shares by other people which points out reality in Nigeria that some people act like doesn't exist but he's always posting being pessimistic posting the bad stuffs. Try dey post good news some times too & which juju you dey always use to hit front page sef?
Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by BadEnglish(m): 6:24am On Sep 07, 2023
Racoon:
From Change to Next Level and then Renewed Hope, it has been no any sign of light @ the end of the tunnel with Nigeria @ 63 years of forced but failed nationhood.

As for the "it will favour me and my family crew" may sound conscience, mother nature, and providence vindicate you. But if otherwise, may the pain, anguish, hopelessness, despairment, and wickedness you wrought upon a this nation never elude you.
Will you shut the Bleep up! Go look for something to do lazy !diot
Re: Nigerians In A Financially Precarious Position By Obiotika Wilfred Toochukwu by magzey: 6:26am On Sep 07, 2023
Can you see ? Tinubu is working grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Uzodinma / Kidnapping - A truly Nigerian phenomenom as Yoruba youths join the party / Police Arraign Two Airport Staff For Stealing Governor Akpabio’s Cash Haul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.