Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges (2147 Views)

Profile Of The Supreme Court Judges That Will Determine Obi, Atiku, Tinubu Fate / Supreme Court Judges That Will Decide Atiku, Obi’s Appeal Against Tinubu / There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by mycar: 7:03am On Sep 07, 2023
With what happened yesterday, I think appeal court in their wisdom played safe knowing fully well that their decisions, either for or against the defendant will have little or no impact in the case since the case will still end up in the supreme court and while the case is in the supreme court, they will still depend on the same government for their security and you know how the judges were dealt with by the the Buhari administration.
The judges that can sack a sitting president and get away with it are the supreme court judges and not the appeal court judges.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by opamoses1: 7:05am On Sep 07, 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by iammo(m): 7:07am On Sep 07, 2023
cool

Tribunal which is the appealate court is the court with power to sack a president based on Election matter

Supreme Court Judges would only sit to determine if the Appeal court made a mistake with their Judgement or not

Their job is to either upheld the Appeal court judgement or not

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by Everfrank(m): 7:07am On Sep 07, 2023
Stop propagating false hope. It's over. Wherever they go it won't change.
1. Abuja residents are not special above the rest of us.
2. INEC has the right to transmit election result the way they deem fit.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by REDshouse(m): 7:08am On Sep 07, 2023
Ariwo ola is waiting

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by haffaze777(m): 7:12am On Sep 07, 2023
Oyo man,eye o man is waiting for you, remember Oyo is where Yoruba derives from.

Lastly thunda fire pandora criminal and all his criminal followers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by mycar: 7:14am On Sep 07, 2023
iammo:
cool

Tribunal which is the appealate court is the court with power to sack a president based on Election matter

Supreme Court Judges would only sit to determine if the Appeal court made a mistake with their Judgement or not

What happens if the supreme court upturns the judgement?

2 Likes

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by iammo(m): 7:15am On Sep 07, 2023
haffaze777:
Oyo man,eye o man is waiting for you, remember Oyo is where Yoruba derives from.

Lastly thunda fire pandora criminal and all his criminal followers

grin

ASE!!! To your last Prayer

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by iammo(m): 7:16am On Sep 07, 2023
mycar:

The reason for the upturn would determine the next line of action and the court order to be given

1 Like

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by mycar: 7:21am On Sep 07, 2023
Everfrank:
They only used the part they are comfortable with on Abuja resident, it's ok, they gave their own interpretation but what about transmission of results, that side was not even treated at all to uphold the integrity of the process. If the transfer of the result was carried out as promised, there won't be much need for this and that has dealt blow on our electoral system as nothing can be done to redeem it again since INEC is at the liberty to do whatever they like at the expense of the voters.
That particular one is for the country at large because, nothing lasts forever. This judgement can always backfire

1 Like

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by mycar: 7:22am On Sep 07, 2023
iammo:

The reason for the upturn would determine the next line of action and the court order to be given
That's what I'm saying, only the supreme court has the power to disable the president

2 Likes

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by iamtardey: 7:28am On Sep 07, 2023
Team Ako’i jagaban will love to hear from them too
Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by Chochovini: 7:33am On Sep 07, 2023
Everfrank:
. Just listen to yourself. “The right to transmit election results the WAY THEY DEEM FIT“ right? Even if at the end of the day there was a “GLITCH“ that they (Inec) could not give clear explanation about, right? I see.

1 Like

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by proff010: 7:35am On Sep 07, 2023
Supreme court ko supremacy ni. I guys should be preparing for 2031.
Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by Chochovini: 7:40am On Sep 07, 2023
mycar:

. Then there would be a ray of hope for a sound Judgement. Not like the wishy- washy judgement of yesterday at the tribunal.

2 Likes

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by OlujobaSamuel: 7:40am On Sep 07, 2023
Chochovini:
. Just listen to yourself. “The right to transmit election results the WAY THEY DEEM FIT“ right? Even if at the end of the day there was a “GLITCH“ that they (Inec) could not give clear explanation about, right? I see.
According to the electoral act, result transmission is at inec discretion.
And the tribunal held that the petitioner did not state where and how the mode of transmission affected their result as announced.
So irrespective of the mode, the question would be, what was your result from the PU, what was the result allocated to you when announced

7 Likes

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by Ontus: 7:42am On Sep 07, 2023
LP case lacked merit this simple means that there was not enough evidence to back up there case. Thanks to INEC, INEC did not provide any form of assistance as to providing relevant data. I don't expect INEC to release info that will prove they rigged the election in favor of one person.
Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by DMerciful(m): 7:51am On Sep 07, 2023
Once a Supreme Court sacks you, you cant appeal.

Why are you arguing against simple logic?
iammo:
cool

1 Like

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by iammo(m): 7:53am On Sep 07, 2023
DMerciful:

The sack must come from an high court, appeal court ... Supreme Court is to ractify or affirm decision of lower courts

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by helinues: 8:02am On Sep 07, 2023
Where is the location of that delusional land?
Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by Spy360(m): 8:26am On Sep 07, 2023
mycar:
With what happened yesterday, I think appeal court in their wisdom played safe knowing fully well that their decisions, either for or against the defendant will have little or no impact in the case since the case will still end up in the supreme court and while the case is in the supreme court, they will still depend on the same government for their security and you know how the judges were delt with by the the Buhari administration.
The judges that can sack a sitting president and get away with it is the supreme court judges and not the appeal court judges.

From the embarrassment I noticed in the faces of the judges this is correct observation.
Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by bewisemasses: 8:38am On Sep 07, 2023
The ruling of the supreme court is centered on assessing the judgment of the tribunal. Whilst I support anything to remove bad govt, it seems based on law, Obi and Atiku had a case but just cudnt prove it enough to order a rerun. Its 90% the same conclusion the S. C will arrive at. My prayer is one day, Nigerians will br bold enuff to stand against these thieving, tribal fuelling, wicked and demonic politicians. My one cent
Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by TheOldGods: 8:38am On Sep 07, 2023
mycar:
With what happened yesterday, I think appeal court in their wisdom played safe knowing fully well that their decisions, either for or against the defendant will have little or no impact in the case since the case will still end up in the supreme court and while the case is in the supreme court, they will still depend on the same government for their security and you know how the judges were delt with by the the Buhari administration.
The judges that can sack a sitting president and get away with it is the supreme court judges and not the appeal court judges.

This was the same thing I said oo. Apeal pleated it so safe, imagine sacking tinubu now while he can go supreme. Dem go hear am
Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by CSTRR: 8:38am On Sep 07, 2023
Everfrank:
Then that means Abuja citizens can sue to have their own governor and number of senators like any other state.

Wike was not elected by Abuja citizens to be their governor.

The natives would begin this very soon, I hope.
Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by TheOldGods: 8:39am On Sep 07, 2023
iammo:

The sack must come from an high court, appeal court ... Supreme Court is to ractify or affirm decision of lower courts
that's a lie. Supreme court can afirm or nullify a previous judgement from apeal

1 Like

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by iammo(m): 8:41am On Sep 07, 2023
TheOldGods:
that's a lie. Supreme court can afirm or nullify a previous judgement from apeal

So what is the lie

Me : Supreme Court is to ractify or affirm decision of lower courts

You ; Supreme court can afirm or nullify a previous judgement from apeal

1 Like

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by joyandfaith: 8:42am On Sep 07, 2023
mycar:
Not in Nigeria. Most of these judges are corrupt. They don't have the liver.

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by joyandfaith: 8:43am On Sep 07, 2023
CSTRR:

Then that means Abuja citizens can sue to have their own governor and number of senators like any other state.

Wike was not elected by Abuja citizens to be their governor.

The natives would begin this very soon, I hope.

That is the implication.
Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by Donaldoni: 8:45am On Sep 07, 2023
Pigs....... never give up. No! Until their heads are completely crushed cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by Rebelutionary: 8:47am On Sep 07, 2023
Chochovini:
You didn't see anything! If you saw, you will know that all this rigmarole on this has been dealt with on this platform even before the tribunals pronouncement. Yes INEC is empowered by LAW to transmit results HOWEVER they deem fit! Instead of dwelling on this, think solution because if you like argue till you lose your breath the law is the LAW...glitch and all! Solution is tell your lawmakers to push for an amendment but of course you won't but will rather choose the path of gaslighting everyone who differs from you.

1 Like

Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by Rebelutionary: 8:47am On Sep 07, 2023
iammo:

So what is the lie

Me : Supreme Court is to ractify or affirm decision of lower courts

You ; Supreme court can afirm or nullify a previous judgement from apeal
No lie! Semantics!
Re: Judges That Can Sack A Sitting President Are Only The Supreme Court Judges by aQUINandmore: 8:49am On Sep 07, 2023
DMerciful:

i love how calm you are now, will you still continue looking for the stolen mandate?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

TSM Campaigns In Okene Market For Ododo While Dino,Nathasha,Gov Adeleke & Saraki / Dino Melaye Refused To Mobilise His Party Agents... He Cashed Out Big Time. / We Don't Have Time, Wrap It Up - Passersby Urged A Suicidal Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.