Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,168 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father (81439 Views)

Inside Adedeji Adeleke's Private Jet (Video) / Adedeji Adeleke Buys A Private Jet (Bombardier Express Jet) / Davido Welcomes Chioma And Their Son, Ifeanyi Adedeji Adeleke Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by Karemarealty288(m): 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2023
‘His passport will be ready in 24hrs’ — immigration under fire for posting Davido’s dad during capturing

Comments ranging from the sarcastic to the acerbic, have continued to trail a post by the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) on X, the social media platform formerly called Twitter.

The post has to do with immigration officials in Osun state warmly welcoming and attending to Adedeji Adeleke, dad of superstar singer and afrobeats crooner, David Adeleke, who is popularly known by his stage name ‘Davido’.

“Earlier today, Elder Adedeji Adeleke (@davido’s dad) was at our Osun State Command (Passport Office) for his capturing. He was warmly received by Comptroller Bolu Bewaji,” the post reads, with high resolution images to boot.

Some X users have taken to the comment section of the tweet to ask why they or their dads do not get a similar treatment when they throng passport offices across the land to renew, apply for, or retrieve passports.

“Great! However, it is not fair how common Nigerians are treated most especially at the passport services centre in Lagos. I mean since May 16th 2023, when I had myself captured my passport is yet ready,” wrote Yomi Fawale @yomiyoyo26.

@chuks_etos wrote: “Davido’s dad in bracket. And this is actually an official handle”.

See a few other reactions to the tweet below:

The passport application, renewal or retrieval process in Nigeria is typically ponderous and chaotic, amid promises by successive administrations and immigration bosses to make it faster and less bureaucratic.

Promises to address booklet shortages have also remained just that.

In August, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, the new minister of interior, charged officials to ensure that Nigerians no longer queue endlessly for travel passports.

“The time of talks is gone. So, keep your talk. Let us discuss solutions,” Tunji-Ojo had said.

“Nigerians should not have to queue endlessly to get passports. No, this must stop. This is not the Nigeria of our dreams. I need to know the challenges the agency is facing.”

https://www.thecable.ng/so-your-officers-can-smile-knocks-as-osun-immigration-posts-davidos-dad-during-passport-capturing/amp

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by nicho450(m): 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2023
Welcome to Nigeria. If you know, you know.

186 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by minakom: 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2023
24 hrs when people have waited for 5 months, no passport. Una well done

234 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by darocha1: 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2023
As they say on the streetz "you go Xplain tire"

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by TemplarLandry: 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by Pepperdemisback: 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2023
When he and Davido were busy making money, na wetin una dey do?
Make money, e get why!

He is always smiling and moderately dressed, I love his simplicity!

Abeg, if my comment vex you, feel free to activate Lagoon mode!

208 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by MrAgbako: 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2023
LoL
These are notable people in the society nah.
All fingers are not equal.
All humans are not equal too.
Even among domestic animals like fowls there is pecking order and the strongest male cock in the neighborhood gets/rape all the hen.😂 While other cocks watch on 😂
Its same among lions and other animals too😂

All humans are not equal abeg and if anyone does not agree then argue with your keyboard

191 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by illicit(m): 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2023
All for the tips

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by EmmyDJourno: 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
Clowns in the Nigerian system
The black man has a long way to go
When I think of Tinubu, INEC and those judges I feel ashamed to be called a Nigerian😏

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by Nbote(m): 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
Of cos those who know their ways around get their passports done express while the rest would have to first schedule a capture date before waiting for months to get their passport

4 Likes

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by sofeo(m): 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
Alright.

We are getting there.
Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by ImoleNaija: 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2023
Poverty,,,, die! die! die!

The problem be say "If poverty is a sin, people go still commit am". angry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by inoki247: 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2023
Lol you dey expect all head to be equal when you no dey abroad....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2023
Pepperdemisback:
Make money, e get why!

When mentioning Davido please always endeavor to put Oko Chioma

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by Ustadah: 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2023
Nonsense. Stupid country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by sthecy(f): 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2023
I got mine in 3weeks

Just know people if you don’t have money in this life

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by BabaIbo: 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2023
Awon oloriburuku people, dem don use delay frustrate the traveling out morale out of me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by ican2020: 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
The holy book says money answers all things

You don’t have to be jealous about the business man cause the same thing happens all over the world

Money opens all doors and if you have real money you don’t have to go to any embassy to queue up and start praying that God should touch the officials

With good money countries will be begging you to come and become their citizen because they know what you are bringing to the table

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by bennybuhari: 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
One of the most corrupt agencies in Nigeria. The other one is Ikoyi Marriage Registry

10 Likes

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by beyondPen(m): 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
Pepperdemisback:
Make money, e get why!

I will help you correct it to stealing our money

7 Likes

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by 89green: 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
Pepperdemisback:
Make money, e get why!

I pity u and ur likes

17 Likes

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by Advancedman(m): 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by Iseoluwani: 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
took me 4months
Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by 89green: 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
SolomonGrundy:
U be mumu

He is a very big mumu

3 Likes

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by Macdeey: 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
grin

I came rushing to see immigration office on fire 🔥🔥🔥 but only to see TWO ordinary wailing comments grin cheesy grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by iammo(m): 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
As a billionaire
Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by akwesenana: 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
George Orwell's Animal Farm.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by Chetas81(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
SICK CITIZEN OCCUPIED NIGERIA
Re: Adedeji Adeleke — Immigration Under Fire For Posting Davido's Father by KingLion007(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
darocha1:
As they say on the streetz "you go Xplain tire"
No evidence

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gifty Of BBNaija Goes Nude On Instagram (Photo) / WWE World Heavyweight Champion Undertaker Embrace Islam / Photos From Kanu Nwankwo's Wife's 25th Birthday And Graduation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.