Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? (3376 Views)

Abuja In A Sorry State. What Wike Must Do To Revamp Nigerian Capital / Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by mycar: 6:38am On Sep 08, 2023
APC in their desperation has rewrote the constitution and it will cause chaos when they claim to have erred in their judgment in future.
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by HausaIgboYoruba: 6:46am On Sep 08, 2023
SUNDAYSIO:
Since 1991 we all know Abuja is the federal capital territory, if Abuja is also a state let the judiciary show us where Abuja was treated like other states under our constitution
There’s no language corruption cannot speak, I can’t believe this is happening in twenty first century unbelievable.

We now have 37 states in Nigeria any teacher that fail my children for answering that I will sue the teacher to Court of appeal Abuja let that judge explain

Wike is no longer FCT minister rather a Governor of Abuja.
since Abuja resident are Master Class and Super human, what is their race called?

1 Like

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by PortHarcourtcit(m): 7:21am On Sep 08, 2023
SUNDAYSIO:
Since 1991 we all know Abuja is the federal capital territory, if Abuja is also a state let the judiciary show us where Abuja was treated like other states under our constitution
There’s no language corruption cannot speak, I can’t believe this is happening in twenty first century unbelievable.

We now have 37 states in Nigeria any teacher that fail my children for answering that I will sue the teacher to Court of appeal Abuja let that judge explain

yes dear, deal with it dear, please cry, wail and hug a transformer patapata... Hullabaloo said so...😭😭😭

1 Like

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Davicl: 7:23am On Sep 08, 2023
plaindealer:
One thing I know for sure is if the so-called Igbo youths posting ignorant and unintelligent nonsense all over the internet are the future of Igbo land, then igboland is in serious trouble.

This is just too sad and disheartening.

With the way Yoruba youth are mining the skull and other human organs in Yoruba land don't you think 🤔 there's no future in your land ? As in very soon there might be no human being left huh

You should be more worried 😟 in that ...I mean no harm just a question
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by jahsharon: 7:24am On Sep 08, 2023
SUNDAYSIO:

The Capital is Gwagwalada.

Any other question?

If you concentrate on your life, maybe you would not beg for food like those before you

1 Like

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by PortHarcourtcit(m): 7:29am On Sep 08, 2023
MorataFC:
Education is key.
After it was shown unto you in Nigeria's constitution that Abuja will treated as if it were of the states of the federation and you are still showing your ignorance to the people. Smh
headless mobs don't learn, they don't have head... The only thing that is paramount to them is destruction...

2 Likes

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by AdaojoTheUrchin: 7:40am On Sep 08, 2023
plaindealer:
One thing I know for sure is if the so-called Igbo youths posting ignorant and unintelligent nonsense all over the internet are the future of Igbo land, then igboland is in serious trouble.

This is just too sad and disheartening.

And your own future as yoruba agbero thugs, ballot box snatchers and voter intimidators is not threatening?
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by kokoA(m): 7:43am On Sep 08, 2023
Why must your one vote in whatever state you live in be valued less than that of your cousin living in Abuja? He/she is more Nigerian than you I guess.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Iamanoited: 8:09am On Sep 08, 2023
ABUJA IS FCT AND NOT A STATE. STOP INTERPRETING NO SENSE.

2 Likes

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Legalaffairs(m): 8:16am On Sep 08, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Keep wallowing in your puddle of ignorance.

You actually made a puddle of ignorance a home. No wonder you noticed who wallowed his way out. Stay tight in your home dingbat.
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by aremubabs: 8:23am On Sep 08, 2023
Christistruth03:
Bunch of Bad loosers
As if nobody ever lost an Election in Nigeria before

Thank God they didn't even win

They are such a Neo-Nazi Lynch Mob that entire Ethnic Groups could have gone missing by now

They are now attacking Judges because they lost their Case that never had any leg to stand on

My major issue with them is their recklessness.

They want to print shirts with defamatory statements on them. Many of them would be arrested and forgotten in jail. They probably don't know that there is something called criminal defamation.

I have never seen such a lawless group in my life.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Legalaffairs(m): 8:23am On Sep 08, 2023
HausaIgboYoruba:
since Abuja resident are Master Class and Super human, what is their race called?

Until you fly BAT back to Lagoon or Okokomiko to call the shots for the country. , I will not tell you that we are talking of jurisdiction not race.. Abuja remains the brain, the head, the eye and the ears and the nose of this skeletal and dysfunctional entity called a Corn-Tree. Uchu
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Ttipsy(f): 9:06am On Sep 08, 2023
FCT

FCT
Is different from Abuja

Abuja is the capital of Nigeria just because it’s in FCT doesn’t mean it’s a state oo

I think FCT should be called a state then Abuja incorporated from it
Just like Washington DC and Maryland state in the US
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Lama70(m): 9:11am On Sep 08, 2023
Bleiz:
Federal Capital Territory is not equal to Abuja.

Federal Capital Territory is made up of 6 LGAs. 1. Abuja Municipal Area Council (the seat of power)
2. Abaji
3. Kwali
4. Kuje
5. Bwari
6. Gwagwalada

Local government elections are conducted to fill elective offices within these 6 LGs. The last election was conducted in 2022.

Each of the aforementioned 6 LGs has a local government chairman.

My post is to inform you that Abuja alone, isn't the Federal Capital Territory as you wrongly mentioned.

You have schooled them. It's left for them to understand. Lagos State was capital of Nigeria one time with all the local governments as we have in Abuja today.

I am not a lawyer but I knew they were clutching at straws on that.

Don't call me out. I don't believe in any of these political parties or the politicians. I have a different view entirely on how the country should be administered.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by bobbyvalentino(m): 9:23am On Sep 08, 2023
Dei Dei
SUNDAYSIO:

2 Likes

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by 9jatriot(m): 9:30am On Sep 08, 2023
Aah ha, when they change this one to 8 planets na?

That means they have removed that ninth one?

Rolings:

Calm down
Don't let people assume loss of election means loss of your senses.
If you went to secondary school in the 90s our geography teacher tell us there are 9 planets in our solar system.
But in 2023......that is wrong.
Our solar system has 8 planets as it was discovered that Pluto originally thought to be a planet is just a ball of ice .....was our geography teacher wrong? Hell no

So you are forgiven for thinking like you did.
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by BreconHills(m): 10:17am On Sep 08, 2023
SUNDAYSIO:

English and logic are the problems here.

Under the constitution it says " shall be treated as a state" in certain circumstances. Voting and election is on of such circumstances. It is still a special territory BUT with equal rights as states in particular circumstances.

Law does not create ridiculous circumstances.

Going to the 25% in Abuja people. It means that the candidate of a party winning 90% of Abuja and no where else becomes president of the FRN.

This is clearly a ridiculous situation as the objective of the Constitution is to ensure that Nigeria's president is not a tribal champion - this is the reason for the 2/3 spread requirement.

Those people looking to the supreme court to say you must win 25% in Abuja to be President are heading for tears as the supreme court had ALREADY ruled on that section of the Constitution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Benwallt(m): 10:24am On Sep 08, 2023
SUNDAYSIO:

Una too dumb sha.

Let me ask you. What makes Abuja special?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Dengoh(m): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2023
If you have decided to be foolish, there's little or nothing we can do. Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by bdon12: 11:57am On Sep 08, 2023
Truly abuja is not a state.Bt anyway d deed has been done . President tinubu is solidly control of judiciary jst like buhari too anyway.
So i wholeheartedly accept that a former drug kingpin is my president.
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by bdon12: 11:58am On Sep 08, 2023
MorataFC:
Education is key.
After it was shown unto you in Nigeria's constitution that Abuja will be treated as if it were one of the states of the federation and you are still showing your ignorance to the people. Smh
So u feel u more educated than others abi?my friend quiet,this is a complete rape of judiciary.
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by yarimo(m): 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2023
Nigeria it self is a state
SUNDAYSIO:

3 Likes

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Flangelo12: 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Gwadalada. sad

Na that song 🎵?
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Karlifate: 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2023
Bleiz:

Federal Capital Territory is made up of 6 LGAs. 1. Abuja Municipal Area Council (the seat of power)
2. Abaji
3. Kwali
4. Kuje
5. Bwari
6. Gwagwalada

Local government elections are conducted to fill elective offices within these 6 LGs. The last election was conducted in 2022.

My post is to inform you that Abuja alone, isn't the Federal Capital Territory as you wrongly mentioned.

No mind the ph00lish OP.

He should pay you for educating him willingly on what he couldn't learn throughout his schooling years.

3 Likes

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by SIONKPO1(m): 1:12pm On Sep 08, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Keep wallowing in your puddle of ignorance.
Someone made a point and asked a question,if you don't know keep shut
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Occurstaem(m): 1:22pm On Sep 08, 2023
SUNDAYSIO:

Read what the Nigeria Constitution says about Abuja.

It agrees that Abuja is not a state but in the context of Presidential election, it would be treated as/like a state.

Work more on your language comprehension, especially on the two words below:
As

1 Like

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by jamesversion: 2:02pm On Sep 08, 2023
HausaIgboYoruba:

Caucasnegroes. grin grin
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by jamesversion: 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2023
Bleiz:

2. Abaji
3. Kwali
4. Kuje
5. Bwari
6. Gwagwalada

yes, that musician was right when he sang "i enter from Abuja to Gwagwalada".

Politicking is over, its time for governance.

2 Likes

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Phantom233: 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2023
MorataFC:
Education is key.
After it was shown unto you in Nigeria's constitution that Abuja will be treated as if it were one of the states of the federation and you are still showing your ignorance to the people. Smh
English teacher, if I asked you to pretend "as if" you were a thief does that implies that you are a thief? Though everything about the druggie is controversial but Nigerian constitution is designed in a way that gives room for corruption to prevail. How can the president appoints the INEC chair, Chief judges etc. then you expect them to work against him in an extremely Corrupt country like Nigeria?
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by westlius(m): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
Abuja Gwagalada
Even BNXN sing am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Nigerian Oil Cabal / The Noblezone “prophesy” For 2015 Elections / Nigeria’s Elegant & Beautiful Incoming First Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.