Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,079 members, 7,814,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? (3377 Views)

Abuja In A Sorry State. What Wike Must Do To Revamp Nigerian Capital / Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by pquaver(m): 3:35pm On Sep 08, 2023
ivandragon:
This ignorance needs to stop.

First off, Abuja is not a state, it is one of the Area councils in the Federal Capital Territory, others being Abaji, Kuje, Kwali, Gwagwalada & Bwari.

Second, it does not have an elected governor, only elected Council Chairmen.

Third, it is illogical to think that winning an election in the FCT would solely determine elections from 36 other constituent states even when the FCT is given the full status of a state.

Supporters of Labour Party who keep hammering on this are not helping matters & end up setting themselves up for ridicule.

NB: the administrative centre of the FCT is Abuja Municipal Area (Council) or more commonly referred to as 'Abuja'

As an igboman... I swear i am ashamed of obidients.. Such stark illiterates and they flaunt their ignorance to my bewilderment..
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by pquaver(m): 3:37pm On Sep 08, 2023
Ttipsy:
FCT

FCT
Is different from Abuja

Abuja is the capital of Nigeria just because it’s in FCT doesn’t mean it’s a state oo

I think FCT should be called a state then Abuja incorporated from it
Just like Washington DC and Maryland state in the US

Abuja is actually the capital of FCT.. Go and verify in the constitution
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by pquaver(m): 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2023
Occurstaem:

Read what the Nigeria Constitution says about Abuja.

It agrees that Abuja is not a state but in the context of Presidential election, it would be treated as/like a state.

Work more on your language comprehension, especially on the two words below:
As

Did he not do figures of speech (Lit in English) simile, metaphors, oxy slowpoke etc in school? All this illiterate.. Empty vessels make d loudest of noises
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Ttipsy(f): 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2023
pquaver:

Abuja is actually the capital of FCT.. Go and verify in the constitution
then that is total rubbish

Capital of FCT and capital of a country?

Abuja should be separated from FCT it will make more sense . Most pple even call Abuja a state
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by pquaver(m): 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2023
Ttipsy:
then that is total rubbish

Capital of FCT and capital of a country?

Abuja should be separated from FCT it will make more sense . Most pple even call Abuja a state

Argue with constitution
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Ttipsy(f): 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2023
pquaver:

Argue with constitution
confused constitution.

Is it not 1999 Mtchwww
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by emerged01(m): 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2023
SUNDAYSIO:
Since 1991 we all know Abuja is the federal capital territory, if Abuja is also a state let the judiciary show us where Abuja was treated like other states under our constitution
There’s no language corruption cannot speak, I can’t believe this is happening in twenty first century unbelievable.

We now have 37 states in Nigeria any teacher that fail my children for answering that I will sue the teacher to Court of appeal Abuja let that judge explain

Wike is no longer FCT minister rather a Governor of Abuja.

Law has technicalities. That's why sometimes a murderer get away with offence in court. Dont cry about it. That's law for you.
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by Crowdboom(m): 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2023
SUNDAYSIO:
Since 1991 we all know Abuja is the federal capital territory, if Abuja is also a state let the judiciary show us where Abuja was treated like other states under our constitution
There’s no language corruption cannot speak, I can’t believe this is happening in twenty first century unbelievable.

We now have 37 states in Nigeria any teacher that fail my children for answering that I will sue the teacher to Court of appeal Abuja let that judge explain

Ha! Ha!!
Stop diisgracing yourself.

What is capital of Kaduna?
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by KGBKremlin: 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2023
SUNDAYSIO:

The best and easy thing to do now is joining the team of Biafra republic online than crying about what's happening inside Nigeria.

You can see that you're not consider to be Nigerian, so stop the wailing.
Re: Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? by complexstuffs(m): 9:41pm On Sep 08, 2023
SUNDAYSIO:

I am an Abuja resident and I feel sorry for you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Its Official: Nigeria's 1st Direct Link To Alqaeda & Osama Bin Laden / A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth / Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.