Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record (28779 Views)

Oshoala Scores And Ohale Scores An Own Goal As Barcelona Beat Alaves 4-0 / Odion Ighalo Usurps Zlatan Ibrahimovic To Equal 95-year Man Utd Record / Messi Scores 50th Career Free-kick, 44 For Barca & 6 For Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Geovanni412(m): 10:45am On Sep 08, 2023
AImiron:

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/lionel-messi-free-kick-argentina-ecuador/bltd911119eec6a80e3

Hmm...

Juninho's record is 77 freekick goals

Messi can break it with these Mls goalees and his new found happiness in Miami plus no one is contesting him taking them in Miami.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by AImiron: 10:56am On Sep 08, 2023
Geovanni412:

Hmm...

Juninho's record is 77 freekick goals

Messi can break it with these Mls goalees and his new found happiness in Miami plus no one is contesting him taking them in Miami.
Free kick ain’t easy to score, I don’t think he will able to catch up with the Great Juninho , but might finish as the second greatest free kick taker in history.

1 Like

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by mayor1814: 11:00am On Sep 08, 2023
Messi breaking and reaching records every day. Scripted FC will soon come online looking for theories and and conspiracy to conjure. grin

Considering d fact that free kick is harder to score than penalty kick. Messi always makes hard things in football look easy. When you know and accept Messi is the best football player ever, u are 100% convinced.

I laughed wen Tapnaldo was talking about the issue of rivalry with messi. Messi has never talked about any rivalry coz he knows he's in no rivalry with no one.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Emma09(m): 11:02am On Sep 08, 2023
what a G.O.A.T! and to think the guy played alongside the likes of Mikel, Taye Taiwo, Chinedu Ogbuke in 2005 youth world cup. Where are the likes of Mikel and co today? hmmmmmm. Continue to shine the G.O.A.T

2 Likes

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Numerouno94(m): 11:03am On Sep 08, 2023
OJEEMAH:
You can’t please them

No just worry yourself…..going forward, we go join them de scream “scripted.”

Abi ooo.Na them go explain tire.gringrin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by obembet(f): 11:04am On Sep 08, 2023
Alfred74:

Where is penaldo the penalty merchant on the list?
Oh I forgot freekick no be tap in grin grin grin grin

Envy and selfishness will make u cut off Rolando own.. and u know very well Rolando don pass 60 grin... U screenshot 56 and omitted king of footballers.

Heaven is not for u
Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Numerouno94(m): 11:07am On Sep 08, 2023
Jokerman:
20 yards freekick na him be outrageous... Lol
.. grin

I been think say na 30/35 Yards... Mtcheeww

U go explain tire.gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by OJEEMAH(m): 11:10am On Sep 08, 2023
Numerouno94:

Abi ooo.Na them go explain tire.gringrin
😂😂

How far na

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Numerouno94(m): 11:10am On Sep 08, 2023
aswani:

Thanks, I was surprised to hear Beckham had the record as Juninho used to score them for fun at Lyon and would have scored more for Brazil if he wasn't chanced by the superstars he played with.

Messi would have equally scored more free kick goals if he only he started playing free kicks early. Ronaldinho and co were the free kick takers during Messi's early days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by TheSuperX(m): 11:10am On Sep 08, 2023
Penaldo fans will still say that the freekick is scripted! 😂😂

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Numerouno94(m): 11:13am On Sep 08, 2023
Bigseven:
If not Ecuador, Haiti, and the rest what were you expecting??

Ecuador is the 12th best team in the world according to the FIFA rankings. They're also the sixth best South American team, with Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Brazil and Uruguay above them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Kukutenla: 11:14am On Sep 08, 2023
obembet:
Juninho – 76
Rolando nko
Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Numerouno94(m): 11:15am On Sep 08, 2023
obembet:
Juninho – 76

Is Pendu even in the top 10? Asking for a friend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by henchc(m): 11:15am On Sep 08, 2023
SCRIPTED!!!!!!!!
Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Numerouno94(m): 11:21am On Sep 08, 2023
OJEEMAH:
😂😂

How far na

Bro I dey fine oo. No vex say I no dey too halla u. Na tyt schedule. Omo, Messi jux they give us joy and bragging rights. Messi jux they press penaldogs neck.

How is my oga doing?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Numerouno94(m): 11:21am On Sep 08, 2023
Where them Scripted FC?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by OJEEMAH(m): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2023
Numerouno94:

Bro I dey fine oo. No vex say I no dey too halla u. Na tyt schedule. Omo, Messi jux they give us joy and bragging rights. Messi jux they press penaldogs neck.

How is my oga doing?
no wahala bro. I understand. Man must hustle na.

I de alright ooh….hope you are good?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by dyera(m): 11:25am On Sep 08, 2023
ihatebuhari:
I love you Messi

LA love you

Judging from your profile picture, I am guessing the reason you were absent from Nairaland for a long time is because you go pump your yansh.
Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Numerouno94(m): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2023
OJEEMAH:
no wahala bro. I understand. Man must hustle na.

I de alright ooh….hope you are good?

Yes bro, I'm gud, all thanks to God. How the hustling?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by anonymous1759(m): 11:36am On Sep 08, 2023
JooEeL:

As much as Im a Messi lover, I will never disrespect those legends.

It’s not disrespect it’s reality you can find all these players in Messi just take a pause and reflect.dribbles, penalties, free kicks , goals , ball control, killer pass just name it it’s not disrespect .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Geovanni412(m): 11:40am On Sep 08, 2023
AImiron:
Free kick ain’t easy to score, I don’t think he will able to catch up with the Great Juninho , but might finish as the second greatest free kick taker in history.

I think he will get to 70 freekick goals by this time next year

If Messi plays for the next five years at this level, he will break it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Alfred74: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2023
obembet:

Envy and selfishness will make u cut off Rolando own.. and u know very well Rolando don pass 60 grin... U screenshot 56 and omitted king of footballers.

Heaven is not for u

Did I struck a nerve?

You must be hurt so bad just because of one freekick messi the god of football scored,just one freekick you had to bring Juninho into the topic. The discussion wasn't even about who has the highest number of freekicks. You then had to shoot yourself in the foot forgetting that tapnado the tap in master is lagging begin king messi with freekick goals. I had to remind you,Now tell me thank you cheesy

Heaven no be for me right? Ok na.
You nko? Truth is you won't make it past Heavens gate cos your heart is as dark as the devils dungeon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by ViktorCash: 11:43am On Sep 08, 2023
sadWatched it. The keeper is trash. He should have saved it
Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by naijapikin2(m): 11:52am On Sep 08, 2023
Billy goat
Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Taich(m): 11:56am On Sep 08, 2023
anonymous1759:
Pele , maradona, cr7, delima, Zidane is = MESSI
This list is incomplete, one of my favourites Ronaldinho

2 Likes

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:56am On Sep 08, 2023
Timoleon:

Almost everyday?

This is Messi’s 20th season as a professional. 65 free kicks means an average of 3.25 per season. That’s far from almost everyday. Still a great record compared to other footballers though.
I also have an issue with the exaggeration in the headlines. From the picture provided by the OP, that’s not close to anywhere outrageous. If anything it’s a perfect position. Just in front of the box 18’s arc. I wonder how the likes of Roberto Carlos or Juninho would be hyped when the positions of their free kicks are take into consideration.
Reduce the time frame cus he became his teams free kicker taker in 2012.

Before 2012 the freekick duty belonged to other players in his club and country.
Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by AImiron: 11:58am On Sep 08, 2023
Geovanni412:

I think he will get to 70 freekick goals by this time next year

If Messi plays for the next five years at this level, he will break it

definitely he will score 70+. He’s going to retire in Barcelona. he can still play till 40+, any version of Messi is deadly

1 Like

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by AImiron: 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2023
Timoleon:

Almost everyday?

This is Messi’s 20th season as a professional. 65 free kicks means an average of 3.25 per season. That’s far from almost everyday. Still a great record compared to other footballers though.
I also have an issue with the exaggeration in the headlines. From the picture provided by the OP, that’s not close to anywhere outrageous. If anything it’s a perfect position. Just in front of the box 18’s arc. I wonder how the likes of Roberto Carlos or Juninho would be hyped when the positions of their free kicks are take into consideration.
I expect you to dig for the videos yourself and watch, i didn’t invent the headlines, that was how Goaldotcom reported it. I guess you know better than the professional journalists the videos plenty on X, if you don’t want YouTube to zap your data

1 Share

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by Timoleon(m): 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2023
It tells me that Messi is one of the greatest free kick takers of all time.
NACE13:

Dude, don't take my word as it is right there literally. "Almost everyday" means it is something he does regularly and not a big deal any more. He's equalled David Beckham's record and will surely surpass it. What does that tell you, huh?

2 Likes

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by AImiron: 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2023
ViktorCash:
sadWatched it. The keeper is trash. He should have saved it
Yes they are all trash, but if penado score against Estonia, they ain’t trash. Cry harder mf

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by AImiron: 12:04pm On Sep 08, 2023
Alfred74:

Did I struck a nerve?

You must be hurt so bad just because of one freekick messi the god of football scored,just one freekick you had to bring Juninho into the topic. The discussion wasn't even about who has the highest number of freekicks. You then had to shoot yourself in the foot forgetting that tapnado the tap in master is lagging begin king messi with freekick goals. I had to remind you,Now tell me thank you cheesy

Heaven no be for me right? Ok na.
You nko? Truth is you won't make it past Heavens gate cos your heart is as dark as the devils dungeon.
make una Dey ignore that minion, na una Dey give am sir to breathe person wey I don choke, I ignore him for a living, y’all should do the same, trust me it’s not worth your time.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record by AImiron: 12:08pm On Sep 08, 2023
Jokerman:
20 yards freekick na him be outrageous... Lol
.. grin

I been think say na 30/35 Yards... Mtcheeww
Mr era come to an end…. What a joke of a man 😂😂.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence / Kobe Bryant's Death: Investigators Seek Answers To Chopper Crash. / FG Prohibits Exclusivity Rights In Sports Broadcasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.