Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave (42352 Views)

Akeredolu Extends Medical Leave Indefinitely, Aiyedatiwa to remain Ag Ondo Gov / Akeredolu Embarks On Medical Leave, Hands Over To Deputy / Protest Rocks RMAFC Office Over Encroachment Into Official Duties Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by OndoFirstBorn(m): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2023
••• Resumes Official Duties Immediately

Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, CON, has returned to the country from his medical vacation.

Governor Akeredolu returned to the country on Thursday, September 7, 2023.

Upon his return, Mr. Governor convened a meeting with key stakeholders from Ondo State in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State, where he landed.

Stakeholders present at the meeting included members of the State House of Assembly, led by the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Oladiji Olamide; Members of the State Executive Council, led by the Deputy Governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa; National Assembly members; led by Senator Jide Ipinsagba; and Members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) State Working Committee, led by the Chairman, Engr. Ade Adetimehin.

Other were: Youth groups, led by the Ondo APC Youth Leader, Comrade Olawande Ayo Wisdom; Former Local Government Chairmen, led by Hon. Augustine Ogbesetore; and members of the Foundation of Wives of Ondo State Officials (FOWOSO).

The wife of the Governor, Chief Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, also joined the Governor to receive the FOWOSO members.

During the meeting, Governor Akeredolu formally handed over his resumption letter to the Speaker of the House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Olamide, and also provided a copy to the Deputy Governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa, who was in attendance.

Governor Akeredolu said:”I came back yesterday, and as you know, it was a long journey. I decided that I must meet with you today. God has answered our prayers, and we give Him all the glory."

"I can assure you that our return is to the glory of God and the prayers of all of you here, and those who wished us well, I thank you very much. God has done what the majority of our people wanted. Majority of our people here knelt down and prayed for our return, and we have returned.

“So, because we had to land here in Ibadan first, I said I have to meet with House of Assembly members here. We are here, and we are back. I am back, and by the grace of God, I will be alive to complete for my full tenure in office.

“I want to tell you that I am back, and I will resume work immediately. This is my letter of resumption."

The Speaker, speaking on behalf of the lawmakers, expressed gratitude for the safe return of the Governor, stating that the Governor’s return to the country is a prayer answered.

Governor Akeredolu, while meeting with members of the State Executive Council, informed them that he had presented his letter of resumption to the Speaker of the State House of Assembly.

He thanked the Executive Council members for their prayers and the good work they had carried out while he was away on medical vacation.

The Governor emphasised:”We are now back, and we give God all the glory. I have to let members of the House of Assembly know first that we have returned. As of today, I’m back as Governor of Ondo State. We thank God that I am alive and here. It’s your prayers that have kept us here. The office of the Governor has resumed full work."

Governor Akeredolu also held meetings with members of the National Assembly, including Senator representing Ondo North, Senator Jide Ipinsagba; Members of the House of Representatives representing Owo/Ose, Hon. Timehin Adelegbe; Ilaje/Ese-Odo, Hon. Donald Ojogo, Idanre/Ifedore, Hon. Festus Akingbaso; Okitipupa/Irele, Hon. Jimi Odimayo and Akoko South West/South East, Hon. Gboyega Adefarati.

The Governor thanked the people of Ondo State for their ceaseless prayers and support during his recovery process.

He assured the people of his administration’s unwavering commitment to the progress and development of the state.

Richard Olatunde
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
September 8, 2023.
https://www.facebook.com/100044230756186/posts/pfbid02hsx1c34zV1onQNWNJFEjmRZgZaYGznAmRUZFXXApkHdLHweSiaGoRJ3MrPpV2JsWl/?app=fbl

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by TemplarLandry: 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2023
cool I'm so happy to see him hale and hearty.

I dedicate “Welcome Back” by Mase to Aketi.
Great jam!

132 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by OndoFirstBorn(m): 5:39pm On Sep 08, 2023
More Photos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by accordadoga29(f): 5:39pm On Sep 08, 2023
Eeyah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by TemplarLandry: 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2023
Gloryyy!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by inoki247: 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2023
Mak this man go rest....

Nothing u bring come nothing u go carry go...

Health first before anything...

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by Xscape1993(m): 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2023
Wishing him all the best.

18 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by treesun: 5:42pm On Sep 08, 2023
OndoFirstBorn:
GOV AKEREDOLU RETURNS FROM MEDICAL VACATION, MEETS STAKEHOLDERS

Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, CON, has returned to the country from his medical vacation.

Upon his return, Mr. Governor convened a meeting with key stakeholders from Ondo State in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State, where he landed.

Stakeholders present at the meeting included members of the State House of Assembly, led by the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Oladiji Olamide; Members of the State Executive Council, led by the Deputy Governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa; National Assembly members; led by Senator Jide Ipinsagba; and Members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) State Working Committee, led by the Chairman, Engr. Ade Adetimehin.

Other were: Youth groups, led by the Ondo APC Youth Leader, Comrade Olawande Ayo Wisdom; Former Local Government Chairmen, led by Hon. Augustine Ogbesetore; and members of the Foundation of Wives of Ondo State Officials (FOWOSO).

The wife of the Governor, Chief Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, also joined the Governor to receive the FOWOSO members.

During the meeting, Governor Akeredolu formally handed over his resumption letter to the Speaker of the House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Olamide, and also provided a copy to the Deputy Governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa, who was in attendance.

Governor Akeredolu said:”I came back yesterday, and as you know, it was a long journey. I decided that I must meet with you today. God has answered our prayers, and we give Him all the glory."

"I can assure you that our return is to the glory of God and the prayers of all of you here, and those who wished us well, I thank you very much. God has done what the majority of our people wanted. Majority of our people here knelt down and prayed for our return, and we have returned.

“So, because we had to land here in Ibadan first, I said I have to meet with House of Assembly members here. We are here, and we are back. I am back, and by the grace of God, I will be alive to complete for my full tenure in office.

“I want to tell you that I am back, and I will resume work immediately. This is my letter of resumption."

The Speaker, speaking on behalf of the lawmakers, expressed gratitude for the safe return of the Governor, stating that the Governor’s return to the country is a prayer answered.

Governor Akeredolu, while meeting with members of the State Executive Council, informed them that he had presented his letter of resumption to the Speaker of the State House of Assembly.

He thanked the Executive Council members for their prayers and the good work they had carried out while he was away on medical vacation.

The Governor emphasised:”We are now back, and we give God all the glory. I have to let members of the House of Assembly know first that we have returned. As of today, I’m back as Governor of Ondo State. We thank God that I am alive and here. It’s your prayers that have kept us here. The office of the Governor has resumed full work."

Governor Akeredolu also held meetings with members of the National Assembly, including Senator representing Ondo North, Senator Jide Ipinsagba; Members of the House of Representatives representing Owo/Ose, Hon. Timehin Adelegbe; Ilaje/Ese-Odo, Hon. Donald Ojogo, Idanre/Ifedore, Hon. Festus Akingbaso; Okitipupa/Irele, Hon. Jimi Odimayo and Akoko South West/South East, Hon. Gboyega Adefarati.

The Governor thanked the people of Ondo State for their ceaseless prayers and support during his recovery process.

He assured the people of his administration’s unwavering commitment to the progress and development of the state.

Richard Olatunde
September 8, 2023.

📸 Olawale Abolade

Africa and holding on to power at all cost. Forgeting Life is key, emilagba. Thank God he is back, but not strong to continue now!

8 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by b3llo(m): 5:43pm On Sep 08, 2023
Welcome back Aketi

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by GanagiBitrus: 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2023
This life!
Some people celebrating with him will be inwardly disappointed that his return has dashed their hopes of taking over his position & other new appointments.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by DMerciful(m): 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2023
Better for him to take care of his health for additional 3 months. He should not be in a hurry to join the fray
OndoFirstBorn:
GOV AKEREDOLU RETURNS FROM MEDICAL VACATION, MEETS STAKEHOLDERS

Richard Olatunde
September 8, 2023.

https://www.facebook.com/100044230756186/posts/pfbid02hsx1c34zV1onQNWNJFEjmRZgZaYGznAmRUZFXXApkHdLHweSiaGoRJ3MrPpV2JsWl/?app=fbl

3 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by ican2020: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2023
May God heal him completely IJN

3 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by oluwaseyi0: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
Why do Africans cling to power in the face of failing health, Akeredolu doesn't seems mentally, physically and healthwise ready to resume governorship role

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by Taxon0my: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
LEARN (A.I ART AND ANIMATION) AND MAKE MORE MONEY ONLINE.
AI art (Artificial Intelligence art) is a form of digital art created or enhanced with AI tools. A.I videos are human-like, they are far better than cartoons as they look and perfom like real human/Animals.
A.I art works with tools ( it doesn't require knowledge of programming, painting or drawing skills)
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT:
* Helps in Marketing ( Video ads)
* Content Creator ( like YouTube and Tiktok) etc
* Enhance Teaching Materials
* Comic Book Creator

HOW YOU CAN MAKE MONEY WITH IT:
* Freelance Services (it's highly demanded)
* create and sell video contents
* Promote Your brands
* Have a YouTube channel and focus on a nice niche .
* Advertise for Print on Demand video.
* Atimes sacrifice your time, create promotional videos for big brands, approach them with, I bet you, about 90% of them would compensate you.
* With A.I art skills, you are already an artist. Just think about wall arts
* Create Children books
* As the knowledge is not yet saturated, you can teach others and make money also .
The course consists of 16 detailed videos and they are not heavy. Also, children can learn this.
Price is slashed to N4,500.
There's certificate

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2023
Halleluyah!!!
We thank God for his life.
Welcome back Alakunrin Arakunrin. ❤️

kayusely70:
My brother it is "Arakunrin" not "Alakunrin"!!!!!!!
Thank you Chief Kayusely.
Appreciate that.
We are brushing up our Yoruba in recent times.

Btw,
We no be bro o.
We.are simply WE.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by Kennyfancy(m): 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2023
Lk
Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by Shawl001(m): 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2023
Thank God for his health.

Longlife sir.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by robinfemi: 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2023
White Bear don reduce cheesy
Head is shining more than before grin

Glory be to God.

I think he need rest for a while "garagara dey affect health o"

6 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by illicit(m): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2023
Hope no be say e wan move Ondo state capital go Ibadan

6 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by atobs4real(m): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2023
Welcome Sir.
More good health Sir.
Welcome back

But not too fit, please just go and relax.
Life is good......

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
He Looks unhealthy. Wouldn't it be wise he dedicate his time and attend to his health? Why is he in a hurry to resume? He looks very frail and old.

7 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by ecolime(m): 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
Glory be to God.

He still looks sick cry

May God perfect his health.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by adioolayi(m): 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
What's the status of the Deputy Governor

Power don sweet am
..e no wan go back to being Deputy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by Akerele44(m): 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
treesun:

Africa and holding on to power at all cost. Forgeting Life is key, emilagba. Thank God he is back, but not strong to continue now!

How did u know hes not strong to continue?
Na u they control him health ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by wwwihy: 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
Praise God

67 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by 1950Mack: 6:22pm On Sep 08, 2023
grin his enemies go be like...

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by jeromestarks: 6:22pm On Sep 08, 2023
I can see him praying.
Jesus Christ is Lord. Even Mohammed (SAW) knew that.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by Calabar1stSon: 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2023
He can't handover when there's still more to loot from.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Resumes Official Duties As He Returns From Medical Leave by jeromestarks: 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2023
1950Mack:
grin his enemies go be like...
More like his deputy. If you know what I mean.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ize-lyamu, Oshiomole In Igueben-Uromi For APC Campaign [Photos] / Lekki: ASCAB Identified The Barracks Of Soldiers Who Shot Protesters - Falana / Supreme Court Justices And Their Retirement Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.