Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking (22315 Views)

Fashola: Chike Ibezim Is Complicit, To Be Arraigned In Court - Police / Fashola: Chike Ibezim Is In Our Custody, He Has A Case To Answer - Police / Okoye Blessing Nwakaego Jailed 3 Years For Cyberstalking Eniola Badmus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Dennisochampa: 12:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
Blitzerz:

National security of america or of nigeria?
Stop living in movies.

Thats why you should read the post properly.

They simply arrested the brother of who posted information on twitter.

They dont have the supposed culprit.
... They arrested the brother of who made the post....

But the person that was arrested..... The post was made with or from his phone..... Abi I no Sabi read again

From my deductions, if the person that was arrested is deemed not guilty, then it means his brother used his phone to make the post....... Am I wrong?

1 Like

Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Blitzerz: 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2023
Dennisochampa:
... They arrested the brother of who made the post....

But the person that was arrested..... The post was made with or from his phone..... Abi I no Sabi read again

From my deductions, if the person that was arrested is deemed not guilty, then it means his brother used his phone to make the post....... Am I wrong?
Lets even assume they are not lying.

So a phone is now liable by law ?
How do you people reason out these things?
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Dennisochampa: 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
Blitzerz:

Lets even assume they are not lying.

So a phone is now liable by law ?
How do you people reason out these things?
.... A phone on its own? Nah..

Owner of the phone.... 90 percent of the time...

User of the phone as at the time the crime was commited...... 98 percent of the time.....

1 Like

Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Kukutenla: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2023
BENEAMATA:
There is freedom of speech and there are consequences for defamatory utterances .so , should the authorities free the writer and " arrest " the world wide web that is the domain of the so called Reportera the entity ? Okay , einstein , you just crack an age long mystery , let's arrest all firearms and leave the shooters in every gun related shooting .Genius .

And it's not the military regime in Nigeria presently as you've equated them that built Guantanamo bay , that's under the watch of the American democracy .I am not disappointed that many of you didn't see that publication as a massive threat to national security , hence the reason why you resort to whattaboutism ( sowoore nko ? )
Now , from what you wrote above , i hope you have not been rubbing cream and dressing up every morning in front of a mirror while a Dim-witted zombie stare back at you copying every move .
The website has owners and operators who will be liable for what is published on it. Last i checked, the guy in question is one of the brothers of the owners of the site. The police is claiming this particular guy's phone was used to publish the story. Is that not crap?
I don't know what brought guantanamo into this. Guantanamo is a military prison built fire enemy combatants not civilians. You lots mix things up easily.
The dim-witted Zombies as I earlier said are those who praised those who claimed Diezani had a diamond bra but call for the head of those to accused fashola of writing judgements.
Both have national security implications. If you're among those who pick and choose those who should be dealt with for publishing damaging news about others, then you don't need to look to far for the dim-witted Zombies anymore
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Kukutenla: 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
obembet:

On Monday
You didn't get my question. For how long has he been with the police before this upcoming arraignment?
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by tsdarkside(m): 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
Blitzerz:

Stop yarning unnecessary shalaye
You cant get ip address from twitter backend.

Rest

any computer has a ip address....
even smartphones....
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Kukutenla: 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2023
ninetiethcrown7:

That’s not left for me to prove without the facts, but based on what has been reported, they have linked him to the media outlet reportera as a stakeholder.

But you just said it, the post was allegedly sent from his phone, isn’t that liability. Now the onus is on him to prove that he did not send that post or his phone was stolen etc.
Exactly!! So do you detain someone for weeks and charge him to court based on circumstantial evidence? You already said he can simply say he didn't send the post but left his phone with an acquaintance who used his phone. That absolves him off guilt almost immediately.
Meanwhile, the owners and publishers of the news site are known and the cop is not going after them but harassing a possible bystander
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by tsdarkside(m): 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

Exactly!! So do you detain someone for weeks and charge him to court based on circumstantial evidence? You already said he can simply say he didn't send the post but left his phone with an acquaintance who used his phone. That absolves him off guilt almost immediately.
Meanwhile, the owners and publishers of the news site are known and the cop is not going after them but harassing a possible bystander

go explain for him to the police....
we nigerians on nairaland dont care....

1 Like

Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Ayoade19(m): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
All these untrained journalists. Perhaps, citizen journalists. The omission of the word 'allegedly' put this guy in trouble.
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voV_wu-vx1c
The Nigerian Police has today paraded Chike Ibezim for cyberstalking and defamatory statements against a former Works Minister, Babatunde Fashola.

The Police said the defamatory statements against the former Lagos State Governor, sent through the X platform (formerly twitter), was traced to the phone number of the younger Ibezim.

Fashola had sued Reportera and two others for alleging he was writing judgement on behalf of the Judges at the PEPT.

Reportera is owned by Chike's brother, Nnamdi.

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7827114/fashola-chike-ibezim-custody-he#125549843

1 Like

Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Okwyjesus(m): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voV_wu-vx1c
The Nigerian Police has today paraded Chike Ibezim for cyberstalking and defamatory statements against a former Works Minister, Babatunde Fashola.

The Police said the defamatory statements against the former Lagos State Governor, sent through the X platform (formerly twitter), was traced to the phone number of the younger Ibezim.

Fashola had sued Reportera and two others for alleging he was writing judgement on behalf of the Judges at the PEPT.

Reportera is owned by Chike's brother, Nnamdi.

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7827114/fashola-chike-ibezim-custody-he#125549843

So they follow social media and nothing is done till today for those who attacked innocent voters in Labour including those who threaten an ethnic groups
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Ontus: 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2023
🌝 we go see shege..
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by damkin24(m): 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2023
Zonefree:
There's no difference between democracy in Nigeria and military rule in Niger republic and Gabon.
Just look at this werey with mumu comment

1 Like

Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by pedel: 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
The guy broke the law. It has nothing to do with Fashola. Cyberstalking is not a civil case; it’s a criminal offence.
These bloggers are not journalists. They need to understand that you are responsible for whatever you post online.
Imagine someone saying you are into drug trafficking and gun running online without any evidence.
If you want a civilised society don’t advocate for a crime to be overlooked.
God bless you.

ican2020:
Babatunde Fashola you are too big to be dragging this small boy and I know he has offended you , please forgive him and let him go

Forget those pained souls urging you to go

And you small boy learn to respect your elders and control your tongue and comments

1 Like

Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Musauzor(m): 3:38pm On Sep 09, 2023
Mumu people. Abeg make una leave the young man joor. Bandits and terrorists are killing innocent people all over the country, the best you can do is to arrest and parade an innocent man for useless cyber stalking. Fashola and other APC leaders who cyber bullied President Jonathan in 2014/2015, who arrested them?
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by AMI3(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2023
pharmagba:

That is a wrong assumption, borne out of tribalism
Look at the magnitude of insult hailed at President Tinubu in the last weeks, yet not for once did he respond

Who taught Nigerians how to insult their leaders? If u can be honest to urself.

What did APC miscreants didn't do during GEJ regime and who was the brain behind it? If you are an honest person. U will tell urself the truth not because of tribe but for the sake posterity.

If APC miscreants were respectful I believe all these could have bounce back.

I won't blame u but my little advice is that becareful how u support evil.

I don't support people tarnishing other people image because of polity.

The only problem is that our law is very week because of corruption.
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by ImperialYoruba: 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2023
ican2020:
Babatunde Fashola you are too big to be dragging this small boy and I know he has offended you , please forgive him and let him go

Forget those pained souls urging you to go

And you small boy learn to respect your elders and control your tongue and comments

The small boy offended Nigerian public with his fabrications. Nigerians demand his punishment. We need to start weeding out bad eggs and a cleansing of the public space.

3 Likes

Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by BENEAMATA: 6:18pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

The website has owners and operators who will be liable for what is published on it. Last i checked, the guy in question is one of the brothers of the owners of the site. The police is claiming this particular guy's phone was used to publish the story. Is that not crap?
I don't know what brought guantanamo into this. Guantanamo is a military prison built fire enemy combatants not civilians. You lots mix things up easily.
The dim-witted Zombies as I earlier said are those who praised those who claimed Diezani had a diamond bra but call for the head of those to accused fashola of writing judgements.
Both have national security implications. If you're among those who pick and choose those who should be dealt with for publishing damaging news about others, then you don't need to look to far for the dim-witted Zombies anymore
The police earlier stated clearly in their previous statement on this issue that the arrested chike ibezim is complicit , aside his now at large brother , the primary suspect . So now are you privy to the full investigation to know the suspect level of involvement or otherwise or don't primary suspects in various crimes have accomplices ?
And again , bringing up diezani matter is pure whattaboutery and expose your bias for a character that nearly plunged Nigeria into chaos with weighty allegations of executive meddlings into a case that can make or break a country . Now an alleged accomplice in an action that is a threat to national security is being held till thorough investigation is done , you came out to paint the administration as a dictatorship , and when we reminded you that it's not our democracy that built and maintains Guantanamo bay , you're now telling us no american has ever been a guest there . Really dude ?
Well , the matter is simple , let the brother do the opposite of." Wonder bra " Deziani and make himself available to the authorities instead of crawling inside some hole like a sewer rat scum since his hands are clean like the former petroleum minister . Fashola writing judgement for judges ! Arrant nonsense .

2 Likes

Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Blitzerz: 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2023
tsdarkside:

any computer has a ip address....
even smartphones....
Ip addy is not static.
And it gets registered on the backend of the site being visited.

Not in alausa.

End of story
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Blitzerz: 6:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
Dennisochampa:
.... A phone on its own? Nah..

Owner of the phone.... 90 percent of the time...

User of the phone as at the time the crime was commited...... 98 percent of the time.....

How do you prove user of phone from "supposed" twitter backend (that u dont have access to)?
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by tsdarkside(m): 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
Blitzerz:

Ip addy is not static.
And it gets registered on the backend of the site being visited.

Not in alausa.

End of story

goverments can force sites to release infos from their servers to them....
if they want to find you,they will find you....

2 Likes

Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by goaldynboy: 7:09pm On Sep 09, 2023
aQUINandmore:
Good for him.
Please, the police should insert a six inches needle into his penis hole cry

I love you tinubu baby kiss

AllenSpencer:
He should be quickly prosecuted and killed

This goes to show that all you supporters of drug baron are depraved luna.tics and barb.arians!!
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Shantyken(m): 7:16pm On Sep 09, 2023
mycar:

How many polling agent lost their lives?
The reason we spent billions to prepare for the election is to avoid loss of life and improve the integrity of the process and also to reduce the cost of running for an elective position.
if the result are transmitted to the IREV from the polling units, there'll be no need for any polling unit agent as the voters will ensure that the results are submitted before leaving the polling unit, don't you like it like that or are you an agent of chaos and election manipulations?

If you accuse someone of rape, shouldn't the person avail himself for a DNA test? will the person say that i should not be investigated because if you, you may find an evidence that will indict me?

This attitude of ours is what is encouraging criminality, criminals see the world as a jungle now, no conscience at all. No moral, just make sure you are not caught by all means. This country is doomed if care is not taken.

And LP did not bring to the notice of tribunal that because of election inec conducted their polling agents died.

Bro truth is obi/LP claims election was rigged and their votes suppressed but couldn't say or mention which units, wards, LGAs and states that occur with simple arithmetic of +/-. Take it or leave if not for PDP presence in the north obi no for see tinubu back.
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Dennisochampa: 7:18pm On Sep 09, 2023
Blitzerz:

How do you prove user of phone from "supposed" twitter backend (that u dont have access to)?
.... We are going back to the issue of national security debate sir... If it's a matter of national security, I'm pretty sure Twitter will grant the government access to their database....

But let's assume that's not the case.... So answer this, how did they get to know or trace the actual phone that the tweet was made from undecided
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by aQUINandmore: 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2023
goaldynboy:

This goes to show that all you supporters of drug baron are depraved luna.tics and barb.arians!!
alright kid, you've been noticed
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by ninetiethcrown7(m): 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

I agree with you to the point of unlawful detainment but that’s where it ends.

He cannot simply state he was innocent without providing evidence to that effect which is tendered in court. Police have finished investigation and they are of the opinion that he is liable, court is only next solution.

Lastly, they have already established his connection to the outlet so I don’t know why that is still an issue.
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Johel(m): 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2023
richie240:
Are u now implying that prison is the best therapy to cure ndi-obidients' madness??
cool

Dey play.
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Kukutenla: 8:41pm On Sep 09, 2023
ninetiethcrown7:

I agree with you to the point of unlawful detainment but that’s where it ends.

He cannot simply state he was innocent without providing evidence to that effect which is tendered in court. Police have finished investigation and they are of the opinion that he is liable, court is only next solution.

Lastly, they have already established his connection to the outlet so I don’t know why that is still an issue.
Connection?!! As what? The publisher or editor or host?
His only Connection is being a brother to the site publisher!! Does being related to a criminal make one liable for his crimes? The guy in question doesn't work for reportera in any guise!!
Sowore is still roaming free!!
There's one law for the weak and another for the connected in this our "demoncrazy"
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by ninetiethcrown7(m): 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kukutenla:

Connection?!! As what? The publisher or editor or host?
His only Connection is being a brother to the site publisher!! Does being related to a criminal make one liable for his crimes? The guy in question doesn't work for reportera in any guise!!
Sowore is still roaming free!!
There's one law for the weak and another for the connected in this our "demoncrazy"

Like I said all the facts on this are not available so I wouldn’t say more than what has been reported.

Also, Sahara reporters are not the main source of the allegations, it was reportera and I believe they would have credited them before posting.

As you should know defamation cases are mainly tied to the original source and not secondary sources. The issue I would see Sahara reporter shaving is if they didn’t credit reportera on it.
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by damoobaba: 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
mycar:
Making the guy popular day by day, Is what was read not the same thing with the APC Lawyers line of argument? they simply adopted all the thing defense law wrote word by word.
How can you tell a party to provide evidence of the results in areas that election did not hold instead of asking the INEC to provide their evidence that election held in those areas.
Blurred images were provided for some poling units which they clearly mentioned and instead of court to mandate the INEC to provide the real result of those places, they decided to turn their blind on it saying that INEC is not supposed to help his prosecutor with any material that will help his case.

MAKING THE GUY POPULAR, Una never learn any lesson. A whole GREAT BRITAIN tried their best to ensure Nnamdi Kanu is released, bro dude is still languishing in Prison. You simply dont know what is called GOVERNMENT. You think all Nigerian Presidents are like Goodluck Jonathan, this guy go tey for cell.
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by Kukutenla: 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
ninetiethcrown7:

Like I said all the facts on this are not available so I wouldn’t say more than what has been reported.

Also, Sahara reporters are not the main source of the allegations, it was reportera and I believe they would have credited them before posting.

As you should know defamation cases are mainly tied to the original source and not secondary sources. The issue I would see Sahara reporter shaving is if they didn’t credit reportera on it.
Noted for future reference
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by webizone(m): 10:08pm On Sep 09, 2023
You guys supporting this will pay for the crimes of your unknown relatives.
Re: Police Parades Chike Ibezim Arrested For Cyberstalking by mycar: 10:34pm On Sep 09, 2023
Shantyken:

And LP did not bring to the notice of tribunal that because of election inec conducted their polling agents died.

Bro truth is obi/LP claims election was rigged and their votes suppressed but couldn't say or mention which units, wards, LGAs and states that occur with simple arithmetic of +/-. Take it or leave if not for PDP presence in the north obi no for see tinubu back.
Stop this nonsense, You can lie but not to yourself, at times, I wonder how you guys sleep at night. over 18 thousand uploaded polling unit result sheets were blurred of which according to INEC are replica of what the actual polling unit result sheets are. That one was not enough evidence for the tribunal, those result sheets were well labelled with the polling unit names, local government and states. still they are asking of which polling name?
I don't really have any time to explain anything to any agbado dimwit because I know how tacky and evil you guys look outside.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Sets Up Four-man Panel On Diezani / Reps’ Speakership: Why Dogara, Gbajabiamila May Not Get Members Backing / Resign Now, Labour Unions Tell Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.