Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US (22008 Views)

Davido Performs With Chris Brown At Barclays Centre / Michael Blackson Calls Out 19-year-old Girl Who Wants To Have Sex With Him / Davido Congratulates Tiwa Savage As She Sells Out O2 Indigo. See Her Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by Basic123: 8:39am On Sep 09, 2023
ezechi242:

Stop this nonsense ...the Igbo's loves Yoruba artist just like some reasonable Yoruba's loves Igbo artists.

Its only the Yoruba Muslims who are at the bottom of the food chain in the west that are all over the place causing caios, even to the detriment of their own Yoruba brothers.
As a Christian who is a yoruba by tribe.
If you like we Christian yoruba soo much,you will not hate Awolowo and call Osinbajo fake demonic pastor. You will not even reject Awolowo Christian-christian ticket of 1979 and 1983. YOU HATE YORUBAS FIRST,BEFORE YOU STARTED HATING OUR MUSLIM BROTHERS.

You people are evil!..stupid OSU folks

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by SPAMBOX7: 8:45am On Sep 09, 2023
Corrinthians:
Do the math and check out how much this guy raked in. Boy o boy. cool
Multiply times 19k.
Money wey deh this music no be chise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by IbileIfe: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2023
Awesome!
I am happy for Asake, aka Mister Money.
Asake is actually more original than Burna Boy and WizKid.
Lagos Island bred guys and babes are proudly original in all we do everywhere we go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by Satazaa: 8:51am On Sep 09, 2023
ezechi242:

Stop this nonsense ...the Igbo's loves Yoruba artist just like some reasonable Yoruba's loves Igbo artists.

Its only the Yoruba Muslims who are at the bottom of the food chain in the west that are all over the place causing caios, even to the detriment of their own Yoruba brothers.
world biggest fool that you are, the Asake whom the world is now worshipping is what? A Yoruba Muslim

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by MrBroke(m): 8:55am On Sep 09, 2023
yommen:

$45 Money for what is that na? Nothing less than $5M will be generated from sales of tickets alone.
Sponsorship go still dey o, including VIP seats Cost of ticket still further varies depending on the part of the arena you are seating.

I was just understating

1 Like

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by Papayaayasager(m): 9:04am On Sep 09, 2023
Nice one Asake...but Burna Boy is the king of sell out shows,
He has this electrifying stage performance no dull moments,
And I kind of like the way Nigerian Afrobeats singers are carrying Black sheriff along

Last time he performed at the 16th headies Award in the US, that is really commendable.
Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by eyinjuege: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2023
I love Asake. kiss
He's my most relatable artiste.
I just like the guy, his vibes.
Gbomolo cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by Chetas81(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2023
AFRICAN CITIZEN LOVE MODERNIZATION, BUT FAILED MAKE IT HAPPEN, DON'T YOU THINK AFRICAN CITIZEN, DON'T BELIEVED IN ADVANCE , BECAUSE OF THE LEADERSHIP BATTLE
Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by membranus: 9:16am On Sep 09, 2023
simfrost90210:

What are you even saying?🧐🙄🤔

The thing sef baffled me.
Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by Frank688915: 9:19am On Sep 09, 2023
ezechi242:

keep quiet, how many times we told you ossus that nothing like Yoruba muslim in sw, for your information both Olamide and Asake are Muslims but you hardly know..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by membranus: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2023
Papayaayasager:
And I kind of like the way Nigerian Afrobeats singers are carrying Black sheriff alone,

Last time he performed at the 16th headies Award in the US, that is really commendable.

The sell out shows that his American music producers and promoters are yanking out the greater percentage of his revenues for themselves. Burna boy is getting the fame, but they ( PDiddy &co) are getting the money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by Ajsmart(m): 9:29am On Sep 09, 2023
The issue with people like you is that you’re inherently trying to size yourself up or compete with others. That’s the wrong mindset! The main ingredient to success is to invest your absolute best into your chosen craft and focus on development. The moment you develop a mindset of “I MUST be better than that guy” you’ve lost the battle already!

IboHausaYoruba:
This is the umpteenth time for all the artist in other regions especially south east to stand and form a formidable front, let's help and promote the talents as Yorubas are doing to their own, we can all see how they are progressing in music. We have all it takes too, just that we are not loud enough. not jealous of them but I feel we can match them if not better than them sef.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by Originalsly: 9:41am On Sep 09, 2023
bigadler:

And some are busy hating cos he loves to use his God-given language (Yoruba) to sign his own songs... Meanwhile those singing in queens English can't sell out Eko Hotel grin

This life, just be yourself, what's meant for you won't pass you.

I'm with you 100%. Too many believed too long that one had to fake "Yankee/British" to make waves abroad. Pidgin?... and make it abroad? Davido crushed that myth opened the door with Fall .... WizKid rushed in with Essence .... and Rema got hauled center stage under the spotlight by Gomez with Calm Down.... all with pidgin. Where are the Queens English singers?

@ topic ..... only big artists perform at Barclay's Center. It's on my route home ... had to divert because traffic was really jammed there last night. There is no NBA basketball game nor hockey on so I was wondering if it was Jaz-Z or hip hop 50th show. Now finding out here on NL it was Asake! I believe he was underrated ... they never expected such a hugh turn out and never sent enough traffic control agents! Even in NBA games ... the traffic doesn't be jammed like it was last night ... I even had to detour. Awake has arrived .... without the Queen's tongue.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by owolabi5: 9:52am On Sep 09, 2023
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by trytillmake(m): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2023
IboHausaYoruba:
This is the umpteenth time for all the artist in other regions especially south east to stand and form a formidable front, let's help and promote the talents as Yorubas are doing to their own, we can all see how they are progressing in music. We have all it takes too, just that we are not loud enough. not jealous of them but I feel we can match them if not better than them sef.
Oga do yr own don't let tribalism finish u, Asake is good hence him blow not cause he's Yoruba

3 Likes

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by Fujiyama: 10:21am On Sep 09, 2023
undecided

He isn't a good vocalist.
Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by wallrichy: 10:34am On Sep 09, 2023
Omg! U too dey VEX......Why? Too para unnecessarily.......oboy, take that chilling pill, infact take overdose of it abeg.....it's not so lonely at the top as long as your name is Ololade Mr Money Ginger........have a swell weekend.....

minakom:
We run things, we entertain, we are peaceful, intelligent, accommodating, globally accepted, yet some alaigbo children will wail and cry because their religious war crooner lost an election. Jealousy is living in their brain and I assure you they'll soon get sense. Awon oloriburuku
Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by minakom: 10:37am On Sep 09, 2023
wallrichy:
Omg! U too dey VEX......Why? Too para unnecessarily.......oboy, take that chilling pill, infact take overdose of it abeg.....it's not so lonely at the top as long as your name is Ololade Mr Money Ginger........have a swell weekend.....

Boss, no vex abeg. E just be as things be. This people don spoil things mhen

1 Like

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by simfrost90210: 10:43am On Sep 09, 2023
membranus:

The thing sef baffled me.

He later said it's the lyrics of a song he knows!

1 Like

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by Papayaayasager(m): 10:44am On Sep 09, 2023
membranus:

The sell out shows that his American music producers and promoters are yanking out the greater percentage of his revenues for themselves. Burna boy is getting the fame, but they ( PDiddy &co) are getting the money.

Asake is not left out too in the scam bro, his record label (YBNL) and their partner International Label and distribution company, Empire are also yanking out the greater percentage of Asake's revenues for themselves,

Olamide is really making money out of Asake, all what Asake want is the fame for now to later find his way like other Afrobeats singers e.g Wizkid & EME records, Tiwa Savage and Mavins, etc.

But what I really meant by king of sell out shows is that Burna Boy stage performance is top notch very entertaining and electrifying his shows are banging,

But Asake's show are kind of boring to me he doesn't know how engage the audience and his energy on stage is kind of low.

1 Like

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by isan(m): 11:55am On Sep 09, 2023
Asake , olamide , wizkid , bella shmurda are all Muslim
ezechi242:

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by bobbiiee: 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
NEXT RATED
This category is a voting category for the most promising act in the year under review.

LegendHero:
I remember last year Sept when I went to this guy show in ATL in a very small hall, baba don blow but e never overblow like this. People just feel am that time but that love is not this much yet.

19k capacity no be beans. That’s huge.

Imagine just being given “Next Rated” by headies but yet man is more famous and selling shows almost just or more as the top 3 A-list artist.

Ololade mi Asake. Jah bless you
Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by Rilwayne001: 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
This guy and Burna don relegate Davido. grin
Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by allabig(m): 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2023
Starking1000000:

No day lie

Did you check for Worldwide?
Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by 4evayours: 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
The guy is musically doing well, and talented.

1 Like

Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by leanonme82: 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2023
Papayaayasager:
And I kind of like the way Nigerian Afrobeats singers are carrying Black sheriff along

Black sheriff is a talented superstar dt needs every music lovers’ assistance to shine and be heard.

Hopefully ghanians will see him at these shows and come out for his performances when he headlines his own shows. There are plenty ghanians in America. He deserves it for such amazing talent. Kingpromise too.
Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by ezechi242: 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2023
Frank688915:
keep quiet, how many times we told you ossus that nothing like Yoruba muslim in sw, for your information both Olamide and Asake are Muslims but you hardly know..

Shut up....when I say Yoruba Muslim, I don't mean the foolish and poor ones like you....if asake was as stupid as the agbdo supporters he would still be wondering all over ojuelegba
Re: Asake sells out 19,000-Seater Barclays Centre in US by Obagreatdatoye(m): 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2023
bigadler:
And some are busy hating cos he loves to use his God-given language (Yoruba) to sign his own songs... Meanwhile those singing in queens English can't sell out Eko Hotel grin

In this life, just be yourself, what's meant for you won't pass you by.
Walahi...mofo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Carter Efe Has Hijacked My Song – Young Duu / Karen Igho Suffers From Cancer / Falz, Odunlade Adekola, Basketmouth & Don Jazzy Dressed As Women In Edited Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.