Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection (10734 Views)

Fuel Smuggling Persists In Borders Despite Subsidy Removal – Customs Boss / Darkness Looms As TCN Moves To Disconnect Defaulting Discos, Gencos / Breaking: Buhari Orders Customs Boss, AGF, 12 Others To Submit Hand Over Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by Morbeta11(m): 11:18am On Sep 09, 2023
Customs boss removes defaulting banks from duties collection

The Acting Comptroller-General (C-G) of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Mr. Adewale Adeniyi, has removed defaulting banks from the Customs Duty Collection System.

The National Public Relations Officer (NPRO) of the Service, Abdullahi Maiwada (CSC) disclosed this in a statement, in Abuja, yesterday.

Although the NCS did not give details of the affected banks, it was learnt that they included some very large first and second generation banks that have refused to remit duties collected on behalf of the Customs Service to the designated banks.

He stated: “The Acting Comptroller General of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Bashir Adewale Adeniyi, has taken decisive action in response to selected Authorized Dealer Banks failing to meet Service-Level Agreements (SLAs) related to Customs Duty and statutory charge remittances.

“This decision follows a thorough audit and due process, aligning with the NCS’s commitment to upholding transparency, accountability, and efficiency in revenue collection.”

Accord to him, the primary objective was to ensure the accurate and timely remittance of Customs duties and other essential funds for national development.

He said despite the deactivation of these banks, the Comptroller General has implemented measures to minimize disruptions for importers and stakeholders within the trading ecosystem.

According to him, the trading community has been assured that all pending assessments will undergo clearance processes in line with international best practices.

He stated further: “Importers who previously relied on the deactivated banks for duty payments are advised to utilize other Authorized Dealer Banks that comply with NCS regulations.

“Stakeholders encountering challenges with a particular bank are encouraged to use alternatives that function appropriately.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/customs-boss-removes-defaulting-banks-from-duties-collection/

1 Like

Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by WiszyFraud: 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2023
Did you know??

Primary, secondary and university education are all free for citizens in Morocco, Botswana, Tunisia, Mauritius, Algeria, Egypt and Libya.

shocked

14 Likes

Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by mastery876: 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2023
On what grounds kwanu? undecided
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by LegitWebsites: 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2023
grin
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by aQUINandmore: 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2023
I am dying to have helinues in my life.
Helinues, I love you from the depth of my heart.

Kisses baby kiss

3 Likes

Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by superlanny(m): 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
Everyone is always looking on how to shortchange the other in this hell hole. They have decided to swap partners in their quest to keep enjoying the national cake.

No agency in this country works like it should, what has customers done with all the duties it has been collecting? This arm is one of the most corrupt, if you know you know.
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by Coronavirus1: 3:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
Not bad why not mention the names of the bank if customs are not hiding something.

1 Like

Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by Joaness01: 3:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
They should tell us how they defaulted please...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGm18yGNNxI
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by Woodshot: 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
The customs needs reforms they're corrupt
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by saintjimos(m): 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
Mention the banks
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by AleAirHub(m): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2023
Please mention the name of the bank
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by mu2sa2: 3:17pm On Sep 09, 2023
Without naming the culprits! Are those banks expected to come and "settle"? Ah, Nigeria!
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by helinues: 3:17pm On Sep 09, 2023
aQUINandmore:

Kisses baby kiss

Say my regards to Iyami Eleko. Good riddance to the troller

Sebi Dem swear trolling for you. Inferiority complex making a guy with scrotum masquerading as a lady.

Embrace some shame nigga
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by Risingblue008(m): 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2023
abi Dem never give u ur share?
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by Hespee93: 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
aQUINandmore:

Kisses baby kiss

How many monica do you have?
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by Iamanoited: 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
SO THE BANKS ARE THIEVES.
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by Godswillu(m): 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
Wow
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by Fmghewzy(m): 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

Primary, secondary and university education are all free for citizens in Morocco, Botswana, Tunisia, Mauritius, Algeria, Egypt and Libya.

shocked

WiszyFraud stop lieing
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by GYBABA(m): 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2023
aQUINandmore:

Kisses baby kiss

With all & no due respect, you don't have sense smiley
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by Toosure70: 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2023
A country where leaders and followers are criminals
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by xperiencelove(m): 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

shocked

Another lie from Fraud
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by fachfouch: 1:52am On Sep 10, 2023
xperiencelove:

Another lie from Fraud

I can confirm for Tunisia, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria and Libya
Re: Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection by xperiencelove(m): 6:41am On Sep 10, 2023
fachfouch:

I can confirm for Tunisia, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria and Libya

Don't be deveived. BSc programme in Cairo University cost around 1200 – 2500 USD per session for their local students base on their course of study. Medicine and surgery students pays the highest.

Tuition fee is just part of the entire school fees, so a "tuition free" school does not mean every other fees are free.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Inflated Airport Contract By N11.5bn - PDP / Maryam Uwais Sues Leadership Newspaper, Demands N2 Billion / PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.