Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today (10737 Views)

Jim Nwobodo Marries Patricia After Dumping PDP For APC Today(pic / PDP May Snatch National Assembly Leadership, Kwankwaso Warns APC / Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by Unblockable: 1:01am On Nov 01, 2013
BY SONI DANIEL, REGIONAL EDITOR, NORTH & HENRY UMORU
The protracted disagreement between the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party and the Governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, may see the latter moving over to the opposition All Progressive Congress, APC, today.
The APC had on October 16, 2013, indicated interest in welcoming Nyako into its fold when the North East National Vice Chairman, Umar Duhu, visited the governor in Yola, the state capital.
The governor, on his own, did not mince words about his love and admiration for the APC, when he described its governors and programmes in glowing terms and praised the leadership of the party for its dynamism.
At the ceremony in his office, the APC said that they had the approval of the APC National Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, to formally invite him to the party with the presentation of the traditional kolanut, which the governor gladly accepted.
Apparently to concretise his triumphant entry into the APC, a strong Presidential APC team led by former Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and the National Chairman of APC, Chief Bisi Akande, is visiting Yola, the Adamawa State capital to meet with Nyako and other top officials of the administration.
Other members of the team likely to receice Nyako into the APC’s fold are Governors of Lagos, Ekiti, Imo and their Borno counterpart.
Former Governor of Borno State, Ali Modi Sheriff and the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Nuhu Ribadu, are also expected on the APC train to Yola, where an important statement about the political future of the governor and his supporters is likely to be made.
Although there is an unconfirmed report that the seven aggrieved governors of the APC and other key members are planning to defect to the APC, it is still not clear whether they will change their minds and pitch tent with the ruling party.
One of the G7 governors, Babangida Aliyu, of Niger State, who was reported to have dumped the other six governors, denied ever changing his mind, claiming that as the leader of the group, he could not have deserted them in the middle of their political negotiations.
Gov. Nyako
Vanguard learnt that it might be a matter of time for the ‘rebel’ governors to defect to the APC or any other opposition party ahead of the 2015 polls.
The seeming division among the G7 is when they should leave the PDP and to which party they should go so as to remain politically relevant after 2015.
While many have opted for the APC, others are rooting for the formation of a brand new party to be able to galvanise their collective interest as equals.
A top source close to Nyako confirmed to Vanguard last night that the governor was likely to agree to join the APC during the visit of the party big wigs to Yola.
In a related development, Vice President Mohammed Namadi Sambo yesterday admitted that the November 16 Anambra State Governorship election will be a strong battle for the Peoples Democratic Party.
The Vice President said, “ I want to remind you that we have a strong battle and we will win this battle by God’s grace. I seize this opportunity to urge all members of PDP to come back and let us join hands in the interest of our party to deliver Anambra State.”
“All members that are aggrieved, in a family, there will always be a certain quarrel, but there will be a point where we will all come together.
“Please I am seizing this opportunity to invite all of us to come back and join hand together and if we do that, I have no doubt that with the caliber of people in Anambra state, we will win that election.
Meanwhile, PDP national Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur while inaugurating the Namadi Sambo led 66- member National Campaign Committee for Anambra State urged the Vice President to go and win the election for PDP, even as he told the People of Anambra State to vote the message and not the messenger, adding that there was no provision for independent candidate in Nigeria which explains why the party was sponsoring a candidate.
But the inauguration was shunned by Senate President David Mark, Speaker, House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal; former Vice President Alex Ekwueme; Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu; Deputy Speaker, Emeka Ihedioha; all the PDP Governors from South East; Governors Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State; Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta; Jonah Jang of Plateau; and Ibrahim Shema of Katsina.
Also as members who were absent at the inauguration ceremony which took place at the National Executive Committee, NEC meeting hall, Wadata Plaza, national Secretariat of the party, were all the ministers from South East; only Senators Hope Uzodinma and Margery Okadigbo of all the Senators from South East attended, just as former governors Sam Egwu and Ikedi Ohakim were also absent. Also absent were Chief of Staff to the President, Chief Mike Oghiadhome; Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, Chief Arthur Eze; senator Ken Nnamani, Chief Ch

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by Unblockable: 1:01am On Nov 01, 2013
Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by BabaEleko(m): 2:36am On Nov 01, 2013
APC moving forward!

2 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by jeffizy(m): 2:55am On Nov 01, 2013
Presenting KOLANUT in YOLA(NORTH)

Lol!!!

Let's know when the 'Aso-ebi' is ready o.

APC to the top!

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by Nobody: 3:04am On Nov 01, 2013
GEJ is lost.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by damoskiy(m): 3:45am On Nov 01, 2013
Nigeria my beloved country with a lot of political prostitutes

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by RoyalRoy(m): 3:55am On Nov 01, 2013
It is A very big and wild jungle out there in the Nigerian political hemisphere.

No permanent friends. No permanent enemies where only the strongest and smartest survives.
And the weakest are relegated to the bottom of the ladder to go and wait foe the next friendly ladder to take them back up.

[size=16pt]May the strongest survive!!! [/size]
Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 01, 2013
"i will go, i will go....." we are tired of hearing this. you have been told severally and for the umpteenth time GO we dont need you or any G7 governor for that matter.

16 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by egift(m): 7:38am On Nov 01, 2013
Who told PDP that they have a place in November election? The battle is between APC, APGA and LP.

4 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by dridowu: 8:06am On Nov 01, 2013
Minus 1 = Plus 1.
Nigeria Politics very intersting
for d anambra feedeefee will get the highest shocker of dr life by the time they loss gallantly
Ngige is the Man

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:07am On Nov 01, 2013
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by favouredseed(f): 8:19am On Nov 01, 2013
Nyako is commiting "political Suicide" watch n see. Pple are tired of his govt. I am sure dis is a very good news to Adamawa PDP cos he has been a minus for PDP over there. He is d top most under performer, notin happening in d state, notin to commission, just a govt for his friends n family to chop dats all. SMH

6 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by opalu: 8:30am On Nov 01, 2013
Too much talks, we need action.
Let the 2 main parties have equal strengths so they don't take d masses fø̲̣̣я̅ a ride.
Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by luvinhubby(m): 8:39am On Nov 01, 2013
What was he waiting for before?

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 01, 2013
egift: Who told PDP that they have a place in November election? The battle is between APC, APGA and LP.

Hai! LP? I never knew of that party! May be not in the North.
Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by Lateef9961(m): 9:01am On Nov 01, 2013
Wu cares
Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 01, 2013
Hehe,Nyako is the weakest link among the G-7 govs,heavily unpopular unlike kwankasso and lamido......decamping to APC changes nothing since the people who made the party tick, boni haruna and co have returned back to the PDP

4 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by TechWalker007: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2013
Baba_Eleko: APC moving forward!

See why I said APC is total fraud!

You should be weeping that Nyako is decamping to APC if you were a true progressive.

Nyako is one of the worse and most corrupt governors in Nigeria and the so called "progressives" are celebrating his defect to their party?

Progressives indeed!

4 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by 3ace(m): 9:21am On Nov 01, 2013
And tomorrow he goes back to PDP when things are no longer rosy for him in APC. So much for fighting for the interest of the people.

2 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by Brimmie(m): 9:45am On Nov 01, 2013
Oya Oya Join The Winning Team Yo!!

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by LMAyedun(m): 9:53am On Nov 01, 2013
R I P to his political career.

3 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by spade: 9:54am On Nov 01, 2013
Oh wow. How cute. Look at APC ever so willing to slurp on PDP's vomit.

And they like to parade themselves as the progressives with a difference.

Feeling funky with second-hand 'okirika clothes'.

They're all the same at the end of the day.

Crooks.

3 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by everyday: 9:57am On Nov 01, 2013
Those indian people sef.They should be made too pay.Indian people are just too problematic
Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by everyday: 9:58am On Nov 01, 2013
If he defects from PDP will they lose the presidential elections
Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by Lilimax(f): 10:02am On Nov 01, 2013
everyday: Those indian people sef.They should be made too pay.Indian people are just too problematic
You're on the wrong thread smiley
Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by WHIZBRO(m): 10:03am On Nov 01, 2013
My country people, no let them fool u, all of them be the same thing..... Apc, Pdp, dpp, Apga....

*waiting for sincere 9gerian to come and tell us how Jonathan is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria and how Tinubu is responsible for our underdevelopment.... Man must wack *we understand*

4 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by fkaz(m): 10:04am On Nov 01, 2013
everyday: If he defects from PDP will they lose the presidential elections

80% sure that PDP will loose the state, if APC eventually have 23 governor in their fold, then i will say PDP is a goner.
PDP need those governor. Those governor are the once who rig election for any presidential aspirant.
Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by nerodenero: 10:06am On Nov 01, 2013
PDP keeps failing and APC keeps waxing stronger. Seems the prediction of PDP's extinction is gradually coming pass. If you ask me, I'd say the end is near for PDP.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by favouredseed(f): 10:19am On Nov 01, 2013
fkaz:

80% sure that PDP will loose the state

Wake up ! Cos dis Marks d beginiing of d end of APC in d state, I bet u with Nyako decamping, e go hard APC to even win a ward not to even talk of LG then d entire state. He is going very unpopular daily due to under performance. Have u ever been to dat state or met anybody who is from dat state? Cos if u have, u wil be 99% sure dat Nyako's govt is no longer popular. He won d last election because of PDP n notin else

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by Noblechyk: 10:21am On Nov 01, 2013
Recycling of political criminals.
Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by nbright: 10:37am On Nov 01, 2013
Boni Haruna won't be too happy, Marwa won't be too Happy.. I don't see it working in APC's favour..
Re: PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today by fkaz(m): 10:46am On Nov 01, 2013
favoured-seed:

Wake up ! Cos dis Marks d beginiing of d end of APC in d state, I bet u with Nyako decamping, e go hard APC to even win a ward not to even talk of LG then d entire state. He is going very unpopular daily due to under performance. Have u ever been to dat state or met anybody who is from dat state? Cos if u have, u wil be 99% sure dat Nyako's govt is no longer popular. He won d last election because of PDP n notin else

Hahahahahahaha grin how many state in nigeria can you point out and say 70% of the indigenes are happy with the performance of their governor? His underperformance will not stop him from winning election. Don't underestimate the power of a governor, despite the presence of police, army, top politicians, PDP board chair(tony anenih), minister for works, senator all in support of PDP. They were unable to win APC in the last by-election in Esan LG, Oshomole defeat them. Obasanjo was unable to win his ward because he was not in good term with the state gov. Obj beg Atiku in 2003 because all the gov were in support of atiku. Nyako will deliver adamawa state to anybody he like, your vote and my vote don't count in general election. Highest you will go to court.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Exceptional Academic Records Of Nnamdi Kanu / Fashola And Lai Mohammed At Presidential Quarterly Business Forum / ''I Am At War With Kwankwaso Over N300 Billion Debt - Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.