Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? (225 Views)

"RCCG Stands By You" - Pastor Adeboye Backs Israel / Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? / Christianity Where Is Your Soul? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by Racoon(m): 1:59am On Sep 10, 2023
Good morning Christain Brethren.

Let's bring back those nostalgic feelings of how these servants of God, Churches, Faith-Based Organisations, blessed our lives back then till date.

Great Shout out to Gideon T. whom the good Lord placed in my life pathway to direct me aright in this journey of faith. I will forever remember Trenchard Hall University of Ibadan - the journey started here. Thank you brethren and Church. Now let's roll;

-1). Rev.Dr.Paul Jinadu( New Covenant Church - NCC Samonda).

-2). Rev. Dr. G.F Uyor( God Will Do It Ministry( Bodija - Ibadan).

-3). Rev. Dr Moses Aransiola( Gethsmany Chapel, Ibadan - Oyo State).

-4). Bishop Margret Idahosa( Church of God Mission, Benin, Benin - City).

-5). The Good Women Singing Group of Christ Apostle Church( CAC - Agbala Itura, Old Ife Road, Ibadan Oyo State) of the famed "Odun Nlo Sopin" hit-track

-6). Pastor Olubi Johnson and Wife( "Church On The Air", Scripture Pasture Christain Centre- Sango Ibadan, Owner of Lifeforte International School, Bodija, Apete ).

-7). Rev. Dr. Badejo( Glory Tabernacle( Bodija Estate ).

-8 ). Rev( Prof.) Paul Emeka( Assembly of God Church Okpotu - Ebonyi State ).

-9). Rev. Dr. Nuhu Kure ( Throne Room Ministeries, Kaduna).

-10). Evangelist Gbile Akani ( Peace House Gboko, Markurdi - Benue State ).

-11). Bishop( Mrs ) Adeleke( Wife to Retired Colenel Adeleke with Ministry around Ikotun - Lagos ).

-12). Rev. Dr Okezie( Former ECWA General Secretary ).

-13). Rev. Jide Orire( Save and Serve Church Eleyele Ibadan ).

-14). Rev. Dr. Frank Idogo( Assembly of God Church - Mokola Ibadan, Oyo State).

-15). Rev. Phillip Masinga( Oasis of Love Church, Jos ).

-16). Bishop Amaechi( Amazing Love Assembly, Trans- Ekulu, Enugu).

-17). Rev( Prof.) Babatunde Faronbi( Gethsemane Ministry, Sango-Eleyele Expressway, Ibadan).

-18). Rev. Dr. Ibeneme( Faith Clinic - UCH Ibadan, Oyo State ).

-19). Rev. Jimmy Swagger( Jimmy Swagger Ministry, Germany ).

-20). Rev. Dr. Creflo Dollar ( Creflo Dollar Ministery, USA).

-21). BIBLE HELPS Tracts ( Edmonton Canada, ).

-22). Evangelist Panam Percy Paul ( Panam Music World - Jos Plateau State).

-23). Grace and Truth Tract Publication Groups, (Kaduna Junction, Kaduna ).

-24). Maranatha Music. Producers of Great Uplifting Christain Gospel Music of the 1970 - 90s era especially. "One Name - Yahwey Is For US......"( Maranatha's 16 Songs of Joyful Boasting).

-25). Dr Asemota/ Dr Kayode Iyun( Founding Fathers of NCCMDS/CMDA in LUTH and National.

-26). Bishop Francis Wale Oke( Sword of The Spirit Ministry- Ibadan, Oyo State ). etc.

Please what has become of these ministers, ministries, Christian literatures, etc? Kindly highlight the itemised content and discussed accordingly( with pictures or Web weblinks for further followup information).
nlfpmod

Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by Racoon(m): 2:00am On Sep 10, 2023
THE CHURCH’S ONE FOUNDATION( EEPHESIANS 4 : 5 – 6 ) : SACRED SONGS AND SOLOS( SSS - 228 ).

I). The Church’s one foundation is Jesus Christ the Lord,
She is His new creation by water and blood,
From Heaven He and sought her, To be His Holy bride,
With His own blood He bought her, And for her life He died.

II). Elect from every nation, Yet one o'er all the earth,
Her carter of salvation, One Lord, One Faith, One Birth,
One Holy Name she blesses, Partakes One Holy Food,
And to One Hope she presses, With every grace endued.

III). Though with a scornful wonder, Men see her sore oppresses,
By schisms rent asunder, By heresies distress,
Yet saints their watch are keeping, Their cry goes up, “How long”?,
And soon the night of weeping, Shall be the morn of song.

IV). Mid toil and tribulation, And tumults of her war,
She waits the consummation, Of peace for evermore, Till with the vision glorious, Her longing eyes are blest,
And the great Church victorious, Shall be the Church at rest.

V). Yet she on earth hath Union, With God the three in One,
And mystic sweet communion, With those whose is won,
Oh happy ones and Holy, Lord, give us grace, That we,
Like them, The meek and lowly, On high may dwell with Thee.
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by Racoon(m): 2:07am On Sep 10, 2023
-9). Rev. Dr. Nuhu Kure ( Throne Room Ministeries, Kaduna).
Kaduna peeps abeg make una help us.
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by Kingosytex(m): 2:11am On Sep 10, 2023
Men are doing their best in the expansion of God's kingdom and I salute their efforts, it isn't easy.
I have this special attachment to Pst. Chris, how he teaches the Word is just something else___may be na him phonetics dey sweet me shaa cheesy
The Church is marching on and the gates of hell shall not prevail.
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by Kobojunkie: 2:24am On Sep 10, 2023
Kingosytex:
Men are doing their best in the expansion of God's kingdom and I salute their efforts, it isn't easy.
I have this special attachment to Pst. Chris, how he teaches the Word is just something else___may be na him phonetics dey sweet me shaa cheesy
Every word out of even that one's mouth are lies, not a single ounce of God's Truth.
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by Racoon(m): 5:12am On Sep 10, 2023
Good morning people. Let's hear opinions please. nlfpmod
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by helinues: 5:49am On Sep 10, 2023
Religion in general na scam.

We have been saying this for years but people no wan listen.

We were given free gifted senses for a reason, why waiting for one old fairy tale book or one dog of men to tell me right from wrong?

1 Like

Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by helinues: 5:51am On Sep 10, 2023
Kingosytex:

Majority of the acclaimed Nigeria pastor only heard the sound of generator, God did not call them at all not to talk about missed calling them

1 Like

Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:13am On Sep 10, 2023
True Christianity lost its values after the death of Christ's apostles that's what Jesus meant when he said "While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left" Matthew 13:25 considering the devastating effect of Satan's agents after the death of his apostles Jesus asked: "when the Son of man arrives, will he really find this faith on the earth?” Luke 18:8b
And so it occurred! Christianity vanished after the death of Christ's apostles as Satan began attacking anyone who tries to recall what Jesus taught {Revelations 12:17} men succumbed to intimidation and Satan's agents were able to mold what most people knew today thinking that was what Jesus commissioned.

But Jesus has returned in the year 1914 and he has been working tirelessly to restructure his group so they can round up what he started in the first century, this group has successfully erased all the contradictions sponsored by Satan and his agents in their teachings so that they're no doing the work Jesus commissioned zealously and industriously throughout the world today.
Due to their diligence the true God began calling them by another group name that separates them from all other religions claiming CHRISTIANS with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines they are globally recognized today as Jehovah's Witnesses! Isaiah 65:15 smiley
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by MrsTwrite(f): 6:36am On Sep 10, 2023
There's a church I came across, when I heard the teachings of that man, I said to myself that this is the hidden truth. The man is indeed gifted, his teachings are so different.
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by AmandaPrecious(f): 7:22am On Sep 10, 2023
If only Nigerians devoted the same amount of energy and time they stupidly expend on unfounded superstitious beliefs and worship of ghosts to the growth and development of this country....
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by Ramon92: 7:31am On Sep 10, 2023
The evolution and continued evolution of Christianity confirms the fact that it's fake at its very core and unsustainable in the long run as evidenced by real life happenings. The fact that it's supposed to be a constant but is rather evolving shows it's no different from any other political ideologies over the centuries.

The teachings and writings of all those mentioned above has its origins from thinkers who studied and understood the human mind/nature and this knowledge was used for power, control and survival by only a few who reasoned outside the box. The effect is the systemic blunting of human minds and reasoning capacity over the years/generations.

Humans are now mindless creatures after losing touch with reality with these empty Christian teachings putting their hope on so called men of God and fantasies they preach.

Take Africa for instance and relating it to the present LGBT movement - challenging the basis of life. The same God of old who pronounced homosexuality as a capital sin and only recognised two sexes now saying a man is no longer defined as someone with a peniis, etc.. What has changed? I'm sure those preachers listed above will definitely object but the current thing is that Jesus is rainbow.

The Christian foundation is like one parable in the bible, a house built on the sand. It'll crumble and wash away eventually and the evolution will end up cancerous (very obvious) as the waves of reason, logic and real spirituality blows stronger..
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:33am On Sep 10, 2023
AmandaPrecious:
If only Nigerians devoted the same amount of energy and time they stupidly expend on unfounded superstitious beliefs and worship of ghosts to the growth and development of this country....
Why not let that start with you? smiley

The only way forward is there but wickedness in the hearts of people will not allow them to look towards that direction.

It's possible for Nigeria to become a Paradise within just 24 hours but will Nigerians welcome such a thing? NO!

Let's all agree to pay everyone the same amount from the president to the man sweeping the road and let's see if Nigeria will not become number country in the whole world. But most of you will object saying that's not how so and so country did it forgetting that it's the heart condition of those living in a place that will determine the type of government they will have.
No matter what you people think say or do religion is not your problem rather it's greed couple with selfishness.
If all of us are to be paid the same salary the tension will subside within just 24 hours and what will be left will be to take good care of ourselves as brothers and sisters but when you want to earn millions in a month so that your brother who is earning 30,000 could be your slave then forget about betterment thing will never go well the condition will continue to get worse by the day! undecided
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by AmandaPrecious(f): 7:57am On Sep 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Why not let that start with you? smiley

The only way forward is there but wickedness in the hearts of people will not allow them to look towards that direction.

It's possible for Nigeria to become a Paradise within just 24 hours but will Nigerians welcome such a thing? NO!

Let's all agree to pay everyone the same amount from the president to the man sweeping the road and let's see if Nigeria will not become number country in the whole world. But most of you will object saying that's not how so and so country did it forgetting that it's the heart condition of those living in a place that will determine the type of government they will have.
No matter what you people think say or do religion is not your problem rather it's greed couple with selfishness.
If all of us are to be paid the same salary the tension will subside within just 24 hours and what will be left will be to take good care of ourselves as brothers and sisters but when you want to earn millions in a month so that your brother who is earning 30,000 could be your slave then forget about betterment thing will never go well the condition will continue to get worse by the day! undecided

.....Are you done?

If you're done, turn around and take the exit. I won't waste my time and effort discussing with a renowned fanatic like you.
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by Ramon92: 8:20am On Sep 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
True Christianity lost its values after the death of Christ's apostles that's what Jesus meant when he said "While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left" Matthew 13:25 considering the devastating effect of Satan's agents after the death of his apostles Jesus asked: "when the Son of man arrives, will he really find this faith on the earth?” Luke 18:8b
And so it occurred! Christianity vanished after the death of Christ's apostles as Satan began attacking anyone who tries to recall what Jesus taught {Revelations 12:17} men succumbed to intimidation and Satan's agents were able to mold what most people knew today thinking that was what Jesus commissioned.

But Jesus has returned in the year 1914 and he has been working tirelessly to restructure his group so they can round up what he started in the first century, this group has successfully erased all the contradictions sponsored by Satan and his agents in their teachings so that they're no doing the work Jesus commissioned zealously and industriously throughout the world today.
Due to their diligence the true God began calling them by another group name that separates them from all other religions claiming CHRISTIANS with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines they are globally recognized today as Jehovah's Witnesses! Isaiah 65:15 smiley
I guess Jesus coming back in 1914 to restructure what his dad built 2000 years prior and is still trying to in 2023 says it all. 😁
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by paxonel(m): 8:24am On Sep 10, 2023
I can say that, the evolution is rather a very gradual process and we have a very long way to go especially in Africa, in terms of understanding what the church should stand for.

Europian churches have made significant progress over the years and are very much stable. But Africans, due to our dogmatic traditions that have infused into our church teachings, we have made our churches stagnant, hence our society as well.

Anyway, kudos to all the churches mentioned above by the op. They have played their roles towards a better evolving church in the future
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2023
AmandaPrecious:

.....Are you done?
If you're done, turn around and take the exit. I won't waste my time and effort discussing with a renowned fanatic like you.

So for everyone to earn equal amount is fanatism to you shey?
OK o! smiley
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:09pm On Sep 10, 2023
Ramon92:
I guess Jesus coming back in 1914 to restructure what his dad built 2000 years prior and is still trying to in 2023 says it all. 😁
Well he has restored pure worship what is left now is extermination of those opposing his rulership! Luke 19:27
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by AmandaPrecious(f): 4:08pm On Sep 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So for everyone to earn equal amount is fanatism to you shey?
OK o! smiley

I know you well enough to understand that engaging you in any sort of argument will be an exercise in futility. No be today. Stop acting dumb.
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2023
AmandaPrecious:

I know you well enough to understand that engaging you in any sort of argument will be an exercise in futility. No be today. Stop acting dumb.

OK go ahead and stop them! smiley
Re: Evolving Christianity: Where Does The Church/faith Stands Today? by AmandaPrecious(f): 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

OK go ahead and stop them! smiley

Stop pestering me, child. Go play in traffic.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why Pastors Children Sometimes Behave Badly / God Will Touch Your Heart : A Recipe For Stupidity / Why Should I Attend Any Cross Over Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.