Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland (27602 Views)

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Jose Mourinho Falls At Wembley As England Loses To Spain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by Manfromlasvegas(m): 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
Basicend:
Just like AJ after loss to the fat Mexican at Las Vegas. . Just like Kamaru Usman after loss to Edwards. .

Izzy has never been the same after that loss to Alex Perreirra. . He won the rematch but that was due to excessive sniping training and proper timing.

Izzy is gone. . So is Kamaru. . And Anthony Joshua is the most average amongst the three.

I dey tell u. When u start to lose upandan like this, that means you are gone
Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by Damian911: 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2023
Woodshot:
Them don beat renewed shege banza comot from his Ewedu Body...
For your envious and uncivilized mind you don comment undecided?
You need brain therapy cos your condition is spiralling out of control!
Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by Woodshot: 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2023
Damian911:
For your envious and uncivilized mind you don comment undecided?
You need brain therapy cos your condition is spiralling out of control!

Are you from England? Your English is top notch grin
Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by Damian911: 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2023
Woodshot:

Are you from England? Your English is top notch grin
undecided
Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by Woodshot: 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2023
Damian911:
undecided

Where you from ?
Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by Damian911: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2023
Woodshot:

Where you from ?
undecided
Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by Macdeey: 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2023
Some people go still blame Buhari cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by Semaj77(m): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2023
OneCandleAway:

So how did you feel when Leon gave usman that headshot ? I saw his soul leave his body.

Of course I felt bad , even for Adesanya I feel bad as well as they are both Nigerian born but I always had that fear that Adesanya would meet a better fighter sooner than later
Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by Treadway: 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2023
Konjiboii:
All na scam. Izzy go win this guy cleannnn them wan make more money for the next fight. Them dey set the stage for another grudge fight.
the guy beat Izzy clean clear. Even Dana White sef never 'experred' it. He has cracked the code to beating Izzy. Romero almost did it too, but Izzy won that fight cos he landed way too many leg kicks. The key to beating Izzy is simple. Stay on him and stay in his face. Don't give Izzy space. That was what most other fighters kept doing wrong, and fighting a dude as tall (long reach both hands and legs) and as fast/skilled as Izzy means he will basically make you a playing and punching bag and just pick you apart. He gets to control and dictate the fight when you give him space. Strickland was in his face from start to end, and that is why he was able to utterly dominate the fight, landing clean shots at will, and Izzy just couldn't do jack about it, cos others he has fought typically are always trying to play technical, play it safe and just basically afraid of getting hit by Izzy and they all make the mistake of giving him space. Gastelum also stayed in his face and showed Izzy pepper in their fight. I dare say Izzy won that fight based on height and reach advantage. Kelvin Gastelum was a warrior in that fight as short as he be, he stayed on Izzy till he burned out. I expect more fighters who have observed this to replicate it and be in his face putting pressure on him. Sure enough that if they do, Izzy reign don end be that.

3 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by chukkystar(m): 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2023
NwaIdeato:

Lol imagine the lazy excuse you guys are spinning to console yourselves, Izzy lost fair and square, stop the absurd strawman theories already. There's the type of beating you put on someone and you know it's all for the gamblers and showmans bet, then there's the beating you inflict on your opponent that you know it's personal, Izzy got his brakes beat, the pummeling he got was real and full of passion from Strikeland.
I don't watch UFC so why would I be making excuses up. Just like WWE the owners don't interfere with how fighters fight just the results. Go and check Strikeland had many other fighters in front of Him to have a go at Izzy but they picked Him for obvious reasons. Izzy will be fine, He has payed His dues and lost only 3 Fights in His UFC career. Before He was signed to UFC, he was in Japan and He would fight 3-4 fighters on the same day, it was all to raise His hype for His bigger fights. That's why UFC cashed on His rivalry with Pereira and fast tracked Him to fight Izzy

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by easyelliot(m): 8:04pm On Sep 10, 2023
dawnomike:
Israel's performance was a disappointment to say the least.

I think he needs to bulk up a little, he has struggled against similar type fighters, and he was too passive. Hopefully in the rematch he will come back with the anger as he did against Pierera
Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by dawnomike(m): 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2023
easyelliot:

I think he needs to bulk up a little, he has struggled against similar type fighters, and he was too passive. Hopefully in the rematch he will come back with the anger as he did against Pierera
I hope so too. I also feel he is too playful. He needs to get more serious with his career
Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by DonroxyII: 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2023
OneCandleAway:

You know I feel either easy didn't train well cuz he thought it's easy fight. We all knew izzy has higher iq than Sean and 90% places bets on izzy. Or betting has affected mma and izzy was told to lose and paid.
grin .... Welcome to Business World cheesy
Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by easyelliot(m): 11:44pm On Sep 10, 2023
dawnomike:
I hope so too. I also feel he is too playful. He needs to get more serious with his career

Exactly, too much talking, dancing and parading
Middleweight is a very tough division filled with hungry and not well known but very good fighters

He and Usman need to get their fire back
Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by kingthreat(m): 4:21am On Sep 11, 2023
Blitzking:
Most likely a fixed match

This is very unfair. Is it only Adesanya that can beat everybody? Strickland was better, let him have his glory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by Laughnow419: 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
Money Mayweather never lost! He's the only true Champion I know till date!..Mohammed Ali lost, Mike Tyson lost, Fury lost e.t.c. But he's the only Champion that never lost a fight!

U probably don't know anything about boxing. Comparing Floyd to Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali is like comparing tecno pop 2 to iphone 14.
If you want to compare messi u use Ronaldo. Only a mumu will compare Messi or Ronaldo to Musa because he scored two goals in the world cup.

How can you compare floyd to a knockout machine like Mike Tyson.
Floyd wins are mainly by referee decision unlike Mike Tyson that his first 17 matches were all knockout majority in first rounds. Some in 30-40 seconds. There is one in 7 seconds.
In Ali or Tysons time they go 18 rounds many people gassed out to death then, in Floyd's time is 10 rounds.

In Ali and Tyson time they don't do this weight division that is why you'll see mike fighting taller guys knocking them out in seconds. Hitting them unconscious.
U can never see floyd Mayweather matched with Tyson fury because of weight devision.

George foreman fought 5 boxers in one time and won all of them in one day. That same George foreman was stopped by Ali in his 40-0 record.
Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by SMARTMOTORS(m): 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2023
Oga division or no division, wieght or not ..we are talking about who losed and who didn't in which ever division they're fighting. Did the person lose or not.Halaand and Mbape were kids when Ronaldo and Messi started winning Barlon d or and UCL yet today they are being rate and nominated along side same Messi and Ronaldo for the world best....if you like call it weight or division all I know is that during their fighting career in what ever division they all lost..and Mayweather never losed one fight simple!
Laughnow419:

U probably don't know anything about boxing. Comparing Floyd to Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali is like comparing tecno pop 2 to iphone 14.
If you want to compare messi u use Ronaldo. Only a mumu will compare Messi or Ronaldo to Musa because he scored two goals in the world cup.

How can you compare floyd to a knockout machine like Mike Tyson.
Floyd wins are mainly by referee decision unlike Mike Tyson that his first 17 matches were all knockout majority in first rounds. Some in 30-40 seconds. There is one in 7 seconds.
In Ali or Tysons time they go 18 rounds many people gassed out to death then, in Floyd's time is 10 rounds.

In Ali and Tyson time they don't do this weight division that is why you'll see mike fighting taller guys knocking them out in seconds. Hitting them unconscious.
U can never see floyd Mayweather matched with Tyson fury because of weight devision.

George foreman fought 5 boxers in one time and won all of them in one day. That same George foreman was stopped by Ali in his 40-0 record.

Re: Israel Adesanya Loses To Sean Strickland by Laughnow419: 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
Oga division or no division, wieght or not ..we are talking about who losed and who didn't in which ever division they're fighting. Did the person lose or not.Halaand and Mbape were kids when Ronaldo and Messi started winning Barlon d or and UCL yet today they are being rate and nominated along side same Messi and Ronaldo for the world best....if you like call it weight or division all I know is that during their fighting career in what ever division they all lost..and Mayweather never losed one fight simple!

Oga u don't watch boxing you watch football argue football.

Is just like you being deceived that a 200mp Samsung 23ultra will do better than a 16mp nikon p900 or Canon camera because it is 200mp and 200mp is higher than 16mp. I laugh u. Someone is trying to explain to you that is not matter of 200mp is matter of camera lens you say you don't care 200 is higher than 20 period... grin
Samsung s23 ultra is 200mp nikon p900 is 16mp but go and watch their camera comparison on YouTube.

Or you saying an 80000mah phone powerbank is higher than a 50000mah inverter battery because of the mah number grin someone is explaining to you to look at the watt hour you say 80000mah is higher than 50000mah you don't care. grin

I laugh u in Swahili language grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" / Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Named The Manchester United Player Of The Year / AFCON 2021: Super Eagles Qualify For Knockout Stages (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.