Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,135 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? (22192 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / Youths Chase Away Preacher For Disturbing Their Sleep In Alagbado, Lagos (Video) / Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by BoldBrainz(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2023
Church is simply boring.
I comfortably sleep during sermons and I have no regrets.
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by DJInfluence: 10:40am On Sep 10, 2023
When service is boring person to sleep.
Or when person feel relaxed and at peace.
Or after spending 70% of your week time in traffic.
Or after spending so much time at home with a nagging partner
Reasons plenty...
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by JuicyStar: 10:41am On Sep 10, 2023
Na demon dey knock their head. If na telemondo or premier league dem they watch them no go sleep.
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by flokii: 10:41am On Sep 10, 2023
Your village people dey on fan to be blowing your caricature with them there in the village every sundays.. they don't want you to break free from bondage cheesy
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by pinkguy(m): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2023
It's a feeling of been save and all your sin forgive in the present of your lord,it's make you feel like infant baby
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Chibuzoripob: 10:42am On Sep 10, 2023
sad wic Evil Spirit? Some people wske up at 3£4 znd prepare to leave out to church. Some eill watch film till early morning, some from club house to church, some engaged in marathon s*x b4 they come to church. How they won't sleep?
TemplarLandry:
There's an evil spirit behind it. For we are not ignorant of the devices of the enemy.
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by iamtardey: 10:48am On Sep 10, 2023
Na small doze I just doze nahh angry
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by LeyeWrites: 10:50am On Sep 10, 2023
How do you sleep in Cele?

It's close to impossible.
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by omooba969(m): 10:50am On Sep 10, 2023
Shaev7:

That evil is called Asmodeus!
You must exorcise it.

You even know the name of an evil spirit. undecided

Wahala! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2023
Unclean souls will definitely sleep in church
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by omooba969(m): 10:55am On Sep 10, 2023
LeyeWrites:
How do you sleep in Cele?

It's close to impossible.

It's impossible with the different types of yansh you see bouncing under the white garments. grin
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Checkwell: 11:04am On Sep 10, 2023
Na only those people wey dey come Nairaland to beg money wey dey sleep for church!
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by 100smile(m): 11:07am On Sep 10, 2023
Honestly, na devil dey do him work. Even with the loud speaker and all the noise, person go still dose like say he dey on drug
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Lama70(m): 11:07am On Sep 10, 2023
Wainey:
lolz, u should listen to urself.

The devil also goes to church

That must be serious, and a great cause for concern, especially if they can still operate unchecked in the house of God.
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by firearcher: 11:08am On Sep 10, 2023
Spiritual attack. Someone doesn't want you there
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by charlsecy(m): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2023
Why do you sleep in church? For me, this question hardly makes any specific sense. Some religious folks would like to argue it's the Devil that makes you asleep during sermon or church service. This is a big lie.

The reason people sleep during church service is not different from the reasons people sleep elsewhere.

They sleep during church service because they are sick, tired, the sermon is long (or [actually boring] depending on the calibre of the speaker) and they have been seated for a long time, the fan or air-conditioner makes it conducive to sleep. They can also sleep if they are not interested in the service, or actively involved in the programmes.

People sleep in their shops, does that mean they are not serious with their business? People fall asleep while watching movies, people sleep during conferences, people fall asleep during class, while reading for a promotional exam; so why make sleeping during a church service a bigger deal than it really is?

JuicyStar, flokii, IconicR, 100smile, Wainey, TemplarLandry, malvisguy212, Azazyel, benuejosh, Justiceleague1, marvellous2222, Shaev7, Hotfreezing
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by LeyeWrites: 11:15am On Sep 10, 2023
omooba969:

It's impossible with the different types of yansh you see bouncing under the white garments. grin
I'm telling you.

And the music.

The story telling during sermon

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Jesslove(f): 11:17am On Sep 10, 2023
I was sleeping in the church suddenly I hear,,,,"stand up", so I stood up everyone clapped.pastor said who else can give 1Million😭😭😭😭😭
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by rickleye: 11:17am On Sep 10, 2023
The same applies also at times when you are having a haircut or at school.
When you are awake - your body responds to stimuli so your mind is active but your body is restricted which eventually calms the mind and the mind says since we are not moving we must be trying to sleep….
Hence why some churches will inject a lot of let’s stand and later let’s sit. Let’s dance etc. the sleep usually occurs during the sermon- why preachers have to engage the congregation and give long winding sermons.
At school - if the teacher is teaching some abstract thing the mind is fruitless and says not comprehend and engages is disturbing h the glass and or passing notes.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by kendrick9(m): 11:24am On Sep 10, 2023
One of em reasons I stopped going to church
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Ontus: 11:28am On Sep 10, 2023
TemplarLandry:
There's an evil spirit behind it. For we are not ignorant of the devices of the enemy.

Nothing like that!!

Same thing happens in biology classes.

If the sermon rakes longer than supposed you are bound to fall asleep.

We all saw how our lawyers slept off during the recently announced judgement
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by lascos912(m): 11:31am On Sep 10, 2023
that fan in church lasan
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Mhizzard(m): 11:34am On Sep 10, 2023
Nothing cause it than you find the preaching boring
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by BeigJawnson(m): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2023
Wainey:
As for me, I just don't know, I just feel sleepy whenever my legs get to church

To me I find it hard most times, sleeping in the church. Maybe becos I do go to church fasting on Sundays...
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Anny69: 11:37am On Sep 10, 2023
seandurse:
Tiredness and boredom plus your body and soul know that's not where you're suppose to be, you're just forcing it on them
😂😂Agreed.
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by captaininiobong(m): 11:38am On Sep 10, 2023
Boring sermons.
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Tyktoker: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2023
What does he say that is interesting, to sin less as a christian?
malvisguy212:
if you find yourself sleeping in church, then your spiritual life with God is not genuine....some may not be sleeping in church, but their minds is switched off.....some may argue , when the preacher is too slow in speaking. but pastor kumuyi of deeper life is slow in speaking but interesting to listen too.
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by nedekid: 11:43am On Sep 10, 2023
Op, I think say na only me.
Omo, that is one of the reasons I do not go to church. See my case is extreme. It is as if inside church is sleeping tablet. I sleep so hard I will drool, almost fall from the chair sef. Ie when preaching starts. Lol.
If I have to go eg for an occasion involving entering church, my kids assign who to seat next to me to pinch me once I start snoring. Lol.
Another place this happens too is the cinema. If they force me to take them. Omo one will seat next to me oh, if not na snore go disturb other cinema goers. grin
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by onlyboyson(m): 11:43am On Sep 10, 2023
E get one kin aroma wey dey go around the church like conjoining of perfume
2: that 🎤 microphone sound get one chips wey be say if e dey sound d thin go dey do you like u take sleeping pills 😂the funny thing be say e go make u open mouth of which your are not doing at home
3: dull sermon
4:poor choristers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can A Christian Friend Who Still Masturbates Come Out Of It? ( Please Help ) / 2019: "Buhari Will Use, Dump Tinubu, God Wants Saraki" – Primate Ayodele / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.