Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days (6523 Views)

Best Performing Governor On Infrastructure: Oke Umurhohwo Congratulates Okowa / Ganduje Is APC Best Performing Governor - Governors Forum’s Progressive Tracking / APC Governors Forum Rates Ganduje Best performing Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by garfield1: 11:25am On Sep 10, 2023
Babagana zulum: he was the best governor last year and continued from where he stopped.the palliatives the federal govt released,he added to it and quickly distributed across all nooks and crannies of borno.he had opened up more lgas that have been freed from Boko Haram,employed more workers,increased salaries,brought mass transit scheme,resettled idps back to their lga of origin,embarked on provision of amenities.

Alex otti; he has embarked on massive urban renewal projects in ABA and umuahia,reorganized the state workforce and put modalities for equitable distribution of palliatives.

Uba Sani: unlike El rufai,he has a kind heart and humane face,liberal in nature.he has started addressing insecurity in southern kaduna,reduced fees in the state owned institutions,increased salaries,reduced working hours,promoted workers abd embarked on massive employment.in order to attract FDI,he has partnered with Qatar,uae,shoprite, Google etc.his quest to make Kaduna a tech hub has seen him partner with Huawei.he also started massive revamping of the healthcare sector.

Kefas Agbu of taraba; I didn't give him a chance especially with the way he was imposed but he has started well by departing from the lacklustre nature of his predecessor by distributing palliatives to the grassroot,attracting FDI,employing more workers, increment of salaries.he has embarked on construction of projects across the state.

Prince otu of cross river: unlike his predecessor Ayade,he started we by auditing the state workforce, implementing delayed promotion benefits and arrears,renovate government institutions,repair roads,distribute palliatives,payment of gratuities.he has also started renovating several schools and health institutions.he has earmarked 10 bil grant for farmers,started plans to build an aviation school abd restructured the security architecture. Additionally, he has made plans to lease out or continue with some viable projects and industries that were started by his predecessor.

Mynd44
Nplfmod
Dominique
Obinoscopy
Fergie001
Vicdom
Quotasystem
Ojiofor
Bennycollins
Sionkpo
Casualobserver
Efewestern
Aiel123
Mymouth
Ekpeitit
Boldbrainz
Norwichsailor
Helinues
Afamed
Kyase
Yarimo
Penguin2

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by TemplarLandry: 11:26am On Sep 10, 2023
cool
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by JetApartment: 11:29am On Sep 10, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by igwebuike01: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2023
Second term governor like zulum should not be included

7 Likes

Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by jumper524(m): 11:51am On Sep 10, 2023
How about sanwooulu.
Dude is acting like there's a third tenure to contest for.
He should make top 3

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by BoldBrainz(m): 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2023
Uba Sani of Kaduna has really surprised me so far. I didn't exactly expect much from his government considering his predecessor's woeful performance in terms of security. But he has thus proven that the apple can sometimes be found far from the tree.

I am still very sceptical about Prince Bassey Otu. But if indeed he has seen fit to clear the backlog of gratuities left him by that Obudu clown, that's then a positive for his administration. Though I still maintain that he has been slow to settle into governance.

I have nothing but effusive commendations for the rest of the governors on your list. Mostly Babagana Zulum of Borno. One would have thought his second term would follow the usual path of securing his "retirement package" with the commonwealth of the people. Alas, he's still continuing his stellar performances. I sincerely love that man. Borno State struck gold this time.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by garfield1: 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Uba Sani of Kaduna has really surprised me so far. I didn't exactly expect much from his government considering his predecessor's woeful performance in terms of security. But he has thus proven that the apple can sometimes be found far from the tree.

I am still very sceptical about Prince Bassey Otu. But if indeed he has seen fit to clear the backlog of gratuities left him by that Obudu clown, that's then a positive for his administration. Though I still maintain that he has been slow to settle into governance.

I have nothing but effusive commendations for the rest of the governors on your list. Mostly Babagana Zulum of Borno. One would have thought his second term would follow the usual path of securing his "retirement package" with the commonwealth of the people. Alas, he's still continuing his stellar performances. I sincerely love that man. Borno State struck gold this time.

Nice.meanwhile youthful Cyril omini is doing well
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by BoldBrainz(m): 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2023
garfield1:

Nice.meanwhile youthful Cyril omini is doing well

Lol.
Of course Cyril James Omini has to do well. He's always had a good heart even before politics. He appeals to the young and the old. And at this rate, it's safe to say that his political career in Nigeria has just begun.
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by garfield1: 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Lol.
Of course Cyril James Omini has to do well. He's always had a good heart even before politics. He appeals to the young and the old. And at this rate, it's safe to say that his political career in Nigeria has just begun.

True but he prematurely wants to turn himself to the godfather of yakurr by determining nominees from yakurr.another person I like is John iferi
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by BoldBrainz(m): 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2023
garfield1:

True but he prematurely wants to turn himself to the godfather of yakurr by determining nominees from yakurr.another person I like is John iferi

CY has always had that domineering persona. He does his best to be the alpha in any set-up. I don't know whether to call it arrogance or tenacity. After he won the Mr Leboku crown in 2013, he went ahead to be a strong voice in the processes and outcomes of all the subsequent yearly contests. Same way he wormed himself into the Cross River politics machinery. So I won't be surprised if he's already starting to call shots at that level.

John Ifere is just another basic Nigerian politician. Expectations of him are at best, average.
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by Aiel123: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2023
Zulum and Kefas tops the list for me.
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by garfield1: 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2023
BoldBrainz:

CY has always had that domineering persona. He does his best to be the alpha in any set-up. I don't know whether to call it arrogance or tenacity. After he won the Mr Leboku crown in 2013, he went ahead to be a strong voice in the processes and outcomes of all the subsequent yearly contests. Same way he wormed himself into the Cross River politics machinery. So I won't be surprised if he's already starting to call shots at that level.

John Ifere is just another basic Nigerian politician. Expectations of him are at best, average.

You really know Cyril well.i hope he doesn't end up like prof John enoh.but I like him sha.ill love if he retires the old men like clement ebri,usani usani,obeten okorn,ofem nelson,akin rickets,bassey ewa etc. Obono obla is opposing him seriously within ugep while sen eteng Williams is more concerned about mkpani and yakurr 2
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by BoldBrainz(m): 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2023
garfield1:

You really know Cyril well.i hope he doesn't end up like prof John enoh.but I like him sha.ill love if he retires the old men like clement ebri,usani usani,obeten okorn,ofem nelson,akin rickets,bassey ewa etc. Obono obla is opposing him seriously within ugep while sen eteng Williams is more concerned about mkpani and yakurr 2

When you say "end up like Owan Enoh", you make it sound like the man is finished politically. He still has a few usable years left in him and he hasn't done bad for himself so far. Clement Ebri is a spent force. He more or less plays the elder statesman role right now. Obeten Okorn, Nelson Ofem, Usani Usani all have no political value in the overall scheme of things. I don't know if it's bad political calculations that have been the bane of Akin Ricket's career but he hasn't exactly achieved peak status so far, and doesn't look likely to.

As for Obono-obla, it is now he's understanding real politicsπŸ˜‚. It's not by enjoying presidential clout by virtue of an appointment. Young men are giving him political uppercuts at the grassroots, very reason he doesn't like CY. Already, Eteng Jonas is wiping the floor with his ass!
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by ChrisP92(m): 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2023
Wait oo. Where's benue gov? Nor b to criticise from outside oo. We have high expectations
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by HNICEARTH: 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2023
Objective list.

I dont know why we always applaud the distribution of palliatives. It's not something to be proud of. If anything, it shows just how much these leaders have plunged the country into abject multidimensional poverty.

Buhari's 8 yrs was centred around tradermoni, and some other give aways with one name or the other that I cant remember for now. Man still believes he has been the best thing to happen to Nigeria since Sliced bread, all because he was giving citizens 5k that never reached them.

I think our leaders can do better. Also we should hold them accountable with certain parameters that entails good governance. Certainly, not give aways. If we continue with this trajectory of palliatives , most nigerians will soon become beggars. We might get to a situation where citizens will prefer collecting 5k from government than asking for infrastructural upgrade.

Oh! Lest I forget, people now sell their votes for a pack of spaghetti. Funny and pitiful at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by garfield1: 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2023
BoldBrainz:

When you say "end up like Owan Enoh", you make it sound like the man is finished politically. He still has a few usable years left in him and he hasn't done bad for himself so far. Clement Ebri is a spent force. He more or less plays the elder statesman role right now. Obeten Okorn, Nelson Ofem, Usani Usani all have no political value in the overall scheme of things. I don't know if it's bad political calculations that have been the bane of Akin Ricket's career but he hasn't exactly achieved peak status so far, and doesn't look likely to.

As for Obono-obla, it is now he's understanding real politicsπŸ˜‚. It's not by enjoying presidential clout by virtue of an appointment. Young men are giving him political uppercuts at the grassroots, very reason he doesn't like CY. Already, Eteng Jonas is wiping the floor with his ass!

I meant prof enoh from idomi,ayade inlaw(owan Eno is our next gov).akin rickets problem is that he plays elitist or aristocratic politics detached from the grassroots like ndoma egba,Hilliard etta.obono obla is better,he has been delivering his wards.usani is still relevant,he always delivers the two wards of nko.
Cyril should not be dictating things when men like goddy Etta are still in ugep.ugep people haven't forgiven bassey eko for defeating Etta and also pdp in extension that is why they voted APC.i don't know why the rest of yakurr with 9 wards allow ugep with 4 wards to dominate yakurr politics.almost all chairmen,assembly members in constituency 1 are ugep.even bassey eko use to identify more with ugep during his time in reps.once Alex is tired of reps(2031),ugep will snatch it and I suspect Cyril,he is preparing himself.
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by garfield1: 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2023
ChrisP92:
Wait oo. Where's benue gov? Nor b to criticise from outside oo. We have high expectations

Average
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by Kepukepu: 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2023
garfield1:
Babagana zulum: he was the best governor last year and continued from where he stopped.the palliatives the federal govt released,he added to it and quickly distributed across all nooks and crannies of borno.he had opened up more lgas that have been freed from Boko Haram,employed more workers,increased salaries,brought mass transit scheme,resettled idps back to their lga of origin,embarked on provision of amenities.

Alex otti; he has embarked on massive urban renewal projects in ABA and umuahia,reorganized the state workforce and put modalities for equitable distribution of palliatives.

Uba Sani: unlike El rufai,he has a kind heart and humane face,liberal in nature.he has started addressing insecurity in southern kaduna,reduced fees in the state owned institutions,increased salaries,reduced working hours,promoted workers abd embarked on massive employment.in order to attract FDI,he has partnered with Qatar,uae,shoprite, Google etc.his quest to make Kaduna a tech hub has seen him partner with Huawei.he also started massive revamping of the healthcare sector.

Kefas Agbu of taraba; I didn't give him a chance especially with the way he was imposed but he has started well by departing from the lacklustre nature of his predecessor by distributing palliatives to the grassroot,attracting FDI,employing more workers, increment of salaries.he has embarked on construction of projects across the state.

Prince otu of cross river: unlike his predecessor Ayade,he started we by auditing the state workforce, implementing delayed promotion benefits and arrears,renovate government institutions,repair roads,distribute palliatives,payment of gratuities.he has also started renovating several schools and health institutions.he has earmarked 10 bil grant for farmers,started plans to build an aviation school abd restructured the security architecture. Additionally, he has made plans to lease out or continue with some viable projects and industries that were started by his predecessor.

Mynd44
Nplfmod
Dominique
Obinoscopy
Fergie001
Vicdom
Quotasystem
Ojiofor
Bennycollins
Sionkpo
Casualobserver
Efewestern
Aiel123
Mymouth
Ekpeitit
Boldbrainz
Norwichsailor
Helinues
Afamed
Kyase
Yarimo
Penguin2
I agree
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by BoldBrainz(m): 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2023
garfield1:

I meant prof enoh from idomi,ayade inlaw(owan Eno is our next gov).akin rickets problem is that he plays elitist or aristocratic politics detached from the grassroots like ndoma egba,Hilliard etta.obono obla is better,he has been delivering his wards.usani is still relevant,he always delivers the two wards of nko.
Cyril should not be dictating things when men like goddy Etta are still in ugep.ugep people haven't forgiven bassey eko for defeating Etta and also pdp in extension that is why they voted APC.i don't know why the rest of yakurr with 9 wards allow ugep with 4 wards to dominate yakurr politics.almost all chairmen,assembly members in constituency 1 are ugep.even bassey eko use to identify more with ugep during his time in reps.once Alex is tired of reps(2031),ugep will snatch it and I suspect Cyril,he is preparing himself.

πŸ˜‚.
Have you seen the state's civil service? It is largely dominated by Ugep people. Even the police and prisons have been diluted by Ugep people. And you're right, we're preparing CY for bigger things.

The Enoh you're talking about, is it the former Commissioner for Lands and Housing? He seems to be the only power horse Idomi has produced in recent times.

I don't even know what Goddy Ettah's problem is. Why won't he just sit in the State and show his mettle? He spends more time in Abuja than Cross River. And grassroot politics is not a game you can play in absentia. It's one of the major reasons young men like CY are starting to bury firm roots.
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by garfield1: 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2023
BoldBrainz:

πŸ˜‚.
Have you seen the state's civil service? It is largely dominated by Ugep people. Even the police and prisons have been diluted by Ugep people. And you're right, we're preparing CY for bigger things.

The Enoh you're talking about, is it the former Commissioner for Lands and Housing? He seems to be the only power horse Idomi has produced in recent times.

I don't even know what Goddy Ettah's problem is. Why won't he just sit in the State and show his mettle? He spends more time in Abuja than Cross River. And grassroot politics is not a game you can play in absentia. It's one of the major reasons young men like CY are starting to bury firm roots.

No particular group dominate the civil service but obudu people dominate the lucrative posts.i know ugep dominate paramilitary esp police.
The only people rivaling ugep are nko people.with Williams,mkpani can match them.ekori that should match them are too quiet and non partisan
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by Kingray10: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2023
When it come to this kind things Sheriff is always missing... cry cry
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by OAFMods: 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2023
But Otti is above average ba ?
The same Otti governing Abia n sacking people up n down with nothing to show but gutter

garfield1:

Average
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by OAFMods: 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2023
Tell us 2 things Otti did to make the list ?
Upon all the wasting littering every junction in Aba

Kepukepu:
I agree
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by mhmsadyq(m): 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2023
I can't remember Uba doing anything about salaries.
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by Kyase(m): 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2023
garfield1:

Mynd44
Nplfmod
Dominique
Obinoscopy
Fergie001
Vicdom
Quotasystem
Ojiofor
Bennycollins
Sionkpo
Casualobserver
Efewestern
Aiel123
Mymouth
Ekpeitit
Boldbrainz
Norwichsailor
Helinues
Afamed
Kyase
Yarimo
Penguin2

100%

Whereas father alia still dey celebrate e vicotry, only Makurdi street e dey fix
Rubbish
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by BoldBrainz(m): 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2023
Kyase:

100%

Whereas father alia still dey celebrate e vicotry, only Makurdi street e dey fix
Rubbish

I don't even know what's wrong with Father Hyacinth Alia. While others have settled into governance and already commissioning projects, Hyacinth is busy chasing Ortom from pillar to post with stupid press statements everywhere. Even if you want to probe your predecessor, hand records of his crimes to the relevant authorities and face the masses who elected you. Being a man of the cloth, one would have expected him to fare better than our average politicians.
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by Kyase(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I don't even know what's wrong with Father Hyacinth Alia. While others have settled into governance and already commissioning projects, Hyacinth is busy chasing Ortom from pillar to post with stupid press statements everywhere. Even if you want to probe your predecessor, hand records of his crimes to the relevant authorities and face the masses who elected you. Being a man of the cloth, one would have expected him to fare better than our average politicians.

The man is already disappointing
All Rev Father that govern Benue did exceptionally well, he shouldn't be the first to mess up.
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by kokoA(m): 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2023
The Kefas guy is quite popular, I've heard news about Taraba state this few months than the number I heard a mention of the state the entire eight years of the last guy. The Rev. Father guy in Benue seem to be confused at the moment. Zulum is in a class of his own. Alex Otto is worth a mention.
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by Tallesty1(m): 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2023
jumper524:
How about sanwooulu.
He should make top 3
Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by Ezmans: 5:01pm On Sep 10, 2023
jumper524:
How about sanwooulu.
He should make top 3
he has turn Lagos upside down, no street light again, insecurity everywhere, flood everywhere

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by Midasdave(m): 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2023
Where you put EKITI STATE GOVERNMENT?
Re: Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days by garfield1: 11:19am On Sep 11, 2023
Midasdave:
Where you put EKITI STATE GOVERNMENT?

Average

(1) (Reply)

Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi / PHOTOS: 5 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The SW. / See What El Rufai Posted After Army Killed 3 Of Zakzaky's Children Last Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.