Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument (5566 Views)

Same Sex Marriage And The Flaw Of Our Argument / Indecent Dressing: Against The Argument Of Relativism / Argument: Are African Americans Their Own Ethnic Group? I Say Yes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Afam4eva(m): 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2011
I've had arguments with several people in the past. Some of them were easy to defeat, while other were very stubborn. I later learnt that it was common knowledge that Ekiti people are had to defeat when engaged in arguments and i now realised that those people that were adamant in the past were from Ekiti. Is there a reason for this?
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Rgp92: 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
Thats because you sucks at it.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Relax101(m): 8:08pm On Oct 17, 2011
Ekiti dialect na die.
I no even dey wait make person use am talk to me.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by mbatuku1: 9:16pm On Oct 17, 2011
For dream or for where?
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by born2boink(m): 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ekiti are very stubborn and love that my state sooooooooooooo much , Fayose,Fayemi and I may be the next and change my name from Adewale to Fawale
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by MissyB3(f): 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2011
I'm quite disappointed. I expected to see Ileke as the poster. Yeye girl! grin kiss
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Mobinga: 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2011
@OP Cmon son. This thread failed

Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by slimyem: 1:07pm On Oct 18, 2011
i agree.they are very stubborn people.they do not accept defeat easily.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2011
Don't know. I was in Ekiti State for the first time ever on saturday. All I saw was rocks, enormous rocks. Capisch!
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Afam4eva(m): 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2011
@ Mobinga
The thread failed yet you left a comment. Doesn't that make a failure?
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Bibol(f): 1:23pm On Oct 18, 2011
Of course we dont! After pounding yams everyday, why do you think we won't have the raw energy to argue. Ekiti ni ma ti ha jooooooooooor! grin smiley smiley
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2011
May God bless Ekiti people and our fathers that laid good foundation for us to follow. Ekiti people are knowledgeable, they know their right and they are ready at any time to claim it. Knows that winners dont quit and quitters dont win. Aba ri a agbe a oooooooooooo.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Funkymallam(m): 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2011
Where s Ileke? Talented @ arguement don turn commodity, Make una xport some na grin
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by litusista(f): 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2011
i am an ekiti lady, but that doesnt mean i have never lost an argument, wining an argument is not a function of where you come from,
though i agree pple say ekiti pple are quite stubborn
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by WhyAWhy(m): 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2011
If Nigeria were trading in "stubbornness", I think the processing plant will be sited in Ekiti, Just give it to them, they are second after none
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by lovejo(m): 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2011
As Ekitite, we accept our wrong doings, but if we are right we always stands on our points.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by seyibrown(f): 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2011
Laff wan kill me die!    grin  grin  grin Ekiti kete!
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by chatom143: 2:44pm On Oct 18, 2011
seconded.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by nasoeb: 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ekiti my nyash

people living in deep forest surrounded by mountains with dust brain.

what could be identifiable about them or make any sane person to quit arguing with them (assume to be defeat) if not for the fact that they spit on you when talking at you with their wide mouth.

what else could make those bush people been known in naija

they are too backwards and primitive when talking about states in naija from all aspect
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Tolulop001(f): 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2011
Mobinga:

@OP Cmon son. This thread failed

#epicFAIL ! ! !
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Finecat(m): 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2011
Very true, even if you agree with Ekiti person he/she still argues the reason behind your agreement.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by engrj(m): 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ekiti Nor dey try.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by nasoeb: 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2011
So dump thread. i cant stop laughing, ekiti ni ekaete ko

they have nothing to offer naija, just one of those states we feed
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by femi4: 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2011
Not always true, Its just that we don't like cheating and we don't settle for less. We crave for knowledge so as not to be deceived and we like to hold on to our beliefs.

WHERE IS ILEKE IDI This thread is not complete without her contribution, lol
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Afam4eva(m): 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2011
It's not like they don't lose an argument. They just never admit that they've lost the argument. Even if you present them with facts and figures, they'll keep arguing blindly.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by iyatrustee(f): 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2011
feeling proud to be an ekiti person right now! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Roland17(m): 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2011
If only winning arguments translates into development, there is no difference in terms of development between Bayelsa and Ekiti, "The winner of an argument is not necessarily telling the truth"
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by duduspace(m): 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2011
@OP

There are constructive arguments and then there are mindless rantings of idle people looking to while away the time. Which of the two are you referring to?
I am an Ekiti man and we don't spend our lifetime arguing so at some point we must have lost an argument.
If you mean that Ekiti people due to their high literacy rates are good at adopting a sound logical basis for their arguments then yu're very right, why the hell I should accept an illogical point of view beats me and would require some serious convincing and headbanging on the part of the person putting forth such a view.  grin grin
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by kemisuga(f): 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2011
May be u right! wink
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by BabaAra2(m): 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2011
I think Ekiti people are very inteligent and smart. They don't start argument without having enough points even if they know they are on the wrong side of the debate they still get holes out of their opponents.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Acidosis(m): 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2011
litusista:

i am an ekiti lady, but that doesnt mean i have never lost an argument, wining an argument is not a function of where you come from,
though i agree pple say ekiti pple are quite stubborn
sup babe, I think I know you.
@OP, is not about Ekiti people, its about temperance. Cholerics are great arguers and debaters; no one can be more biting or sarcastic.
Re: An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument by Yeske2(m): 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2011
Seun no dey try, na every yeye topic e dey put for front page? I tire for the guy sef.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tiv "Mamiwater" Masquerade of Benue State / ‘igbo Language May Go Extinct’ / African Culture Compared To European

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.