Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Parenting Daughters In This Ever Evolving Digital World - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parenting Daughters In This Ever Evolving Digital World (299 Views)

Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami And Her Blue Eyes Daughters In New Photoshoot / Mother And Her 2 Teenage Twin Daughters Pregnant For One Man (photos) / Parents Crying At The Double Wedding Of Their Twin Daughters In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parenting Daughters In This Ever Evolving Digital World by Draslo(m): 9:50pm On Sep 10, 2023
I am unmarried and have no kids. You may assume because of this I don't know what I'm saying. Fine. Your call.

This is not a shot at any gender. This is simply an observation of the declination of societal morals into the abyss of no return.
From the beginning of time, man has always had to protect women, this instituted family which grew into society. The breakdown of this institution (family) is why morals have gone to the gutters. Normal levels, people dey spoil. Humans have always delved inside the crevices of the walls that breach debauchery way back as stories of Sodom and Gomorrah. It is because morals have to be protected that the story was told.
This issue of getting naked in front of a camera or making a video recording of any sexual activity, how can it be curbed? My Telegram app is awash with many 18+ groups that post leaks such as the current ones making waves in our local cyberspace. These groups opened me into a world I never knew existed. I knew Americans were doing Onlyfans but then again it's America. In our very own country applications such as Bigo Live and Buzzcast have turned your innocent daughters into immoral entities and they're making money doing it.
I'm now genuinely scared of how to raise a daughter when I have one. Raising a son is just as scary but when society actively tells your daughter to sexualize herself as soon as possible, what do you do? Many kids under the age of 15 have seen sextapes of celebrities who are supposedly their idols. How do they unlearn this?

1 Like

Re: Parenting Daughters In This Ever Evolving Digital World by Kobojunkie: 11:47pm On Sep 10, 2023
Draslo:
I am unmarried and have no kids. You may assume because of this I don't know what I'm saying. Fine. Your call.
This is not a shot at any gender. This is simply an observation of the declination of societal morals into the abyss of no return.
From the beginning of time, man has always had to protect women, this instituted family which grew into society. The breakdown of this institution (family) is why morals have gone to the gutters. Normal levels, people dey spoil. Humans have always delved inside the crevices of the walls that breach debauchery way back as stories of Sodom and Gomorrah. It is because morals have to be protected that the story was told.
This issue of getting naked in front of a camera or making a video recording of any sexual activity, how can it be curbed?
■ My Telegram app is awash with many 18+ groups that post leaks such as the current ones making waves in our local cyberspace. These groups opened me into a world I never knew existed. I knew Americans were doing Onlyfans but then again it's America. In our very own country applications such as Bigo Live and Buzzcast have turned your innocent daughters into immoral entities and they're making money doing it.
I'm now genuinely scared of how to raise a daughter when I have one. Raising a son is just as scary but when society actively tells your daughter to sexualize herself as soon as possible, what do you do? Many kids under the age of 15 have seen sextapes of celebrities who are supposedly their idols. How do they unlearn this?
1. With this mentality, you will definitely have a hard time being a good and mature parent to your brood. undecided

2. So you wish to curb the freedoms of adults and that in your mind is how you go about raising responsible children? undecided

3. You freely patronize these groups but are afraid of seeing your own kid become one of them. Lol... kai grin

1 Like

Re: Parenting Daughters In This Ever Evolving Digital World by Draslo(m): 1:36am On Sep 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. With this mentality, you will definitely have a hard time being a good and mature parent to your brood. undecided

2. So you wish to curb the freedoms of adults and that in your mind is how you go about raising responsible children? undecided

3. You freely patronize these groups but are afraid of seeing your own kid become one of them. Lol... kai grin
Truth is often hard to swallow or embrace

1 Like

Re: Parenting Daughters In This Ever Evolving Digital World by Kobojunkie: 1:38am On Sep 11, 2023
Draslo:
■ Truth is often hard to swallow or embrace
What truth would that be? undecided
Re: Parenting Daughters In This Ever Evolving Digital World by Draslo(m): 8:37am On Sep 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What truth would that be? undecided
That we're spiralling out of control. Most of us are terrible role models
Re: Parenting Daughters In This Ever Evolving Digital World by Kobojunkie: 1:24pm On Sep 11, 2023
Draslo:
■ That we're spiralling out of control. Most of us are terrible role models
You do know it isn't like there is a gun to your head as far as having kids, right? You can live your life without that. undecided
Re: Parenting Daughters In This Ever Evolving Digital World by zed7: 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
Looking back, I respect my parents for raising us right, it's very difficult raising kids right, most especially now, when everything has gone to the dogs in this modern world.

How to help your children avoid becoming gay and trans, avoid mingling with fraudsters and hôës is a herculean task.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help! Bedc Bringing 3 Bills! / Clean Deep Freezer For Sale / 29 Years Of God’s Faithfulness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.