Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Nairaland Is Loosing It's Grip. Fix It Now Seun - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Is Loosing It's Grip. Fix It Now Seun (149 Views)

The Reason Nairaland Is Loosing Value / Am Loosing It / Nigeria Is Loosing Form. Thanks To Nipotism! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Is Loosing It's Grip. Fix It Now Seun by verybadmouth(m): 8:20am On Sep 11, 2023
Dear Seun,

I hope this message finds you well in the morning. I'd like to draw your attention to a concerning trend on your forum, Nairaland. It appears that there is a growing problem with illegitimate activities and misuse of the platform. Many individuals are using multiple aliases to deceive the public, while others including myself are employing these aliases for abusive purposes, including targeting respected leaders without any sense of remorse.

I would like to offer a suggestion for consideration. It would be beneficial to implement a mandatory requirement for all current users to update their registration information by providing their National Identification Number (NIN). Additionally, for new users, registration with their NIN should be made a prerequisite. This step could help in creating a more transparent and responsible online environment. It would enable you to identify and hold individuals accountable for their comments and actions.

While we do value the principles of a free society, it is equally important to exercise caution and respect when addressing one another, especially in an online community. I kindly urge you, Seun, to take prompt action in response to this concern. Your immediate attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Ade

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Loosing It's Grip. Fix It Now Seun by Slayar: 8:32am On Sep 11, 2023
I think it has gotten to this point honestly. If you knew Nairaland 15 yrs ago ,it is currently nothing like it's old self.

People like Akin Alabi, Jarus,Kobomart etc were made on this platform .Today it has been bastardized. No sensible posts or comments,everything is about tribe now.

Even if you create a post about balanced diet , you'll still see the irresponsible nuisances making it about tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Loosing It's Grip. Fix It Now Seun by cybersoldiers: 8:33am On Sep 11, 2023
verybadmouth:
Dear Seun,

I hope this message finds you well in the morning. I'd like to draw your attention to a concerning trend on your forum, Nairaland. It appears that there is a growing problem with illegitimate activities and misuse of the platform. Many individuals are using multiple aliases to deceive the public, while others including myself are employing these aliases for abusive purposes, including targeting respected leaders without any sense of remorse.

I would like to offer a suggestion for consideration. It would be beneficial to implement a mandatory requirement for all current users to update their registration information by providing their National Identification Number (NIN). Additionally, for new users, registration with their NIN should be made a prerequisite. This step could help in creating a more transparent and responsible online environment. It would enable you to identify and hold individuals accountable for their comments and actions.

While we do value the principles of a free society, it is equally important to exercise caution and respect when addressing one another, especially in an online community. I kindly urge you, Seun, to take prompt action in response to this concern. Your immediate attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Ade

Seun will never do this because he benefits from the bigotry and destabilization of Nigeria.

If he make id compulsory, he'll lose over 80% of Nairaland members and you'll be surprised to noticed that the actual number of members on Nairaland is not beyond 500k members.

You may wish to advice him to stop the tribal attacks, but again, he uses it to attract traffic to Nairaland. Again he won't listen to you because he's paid to destroy Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Loosing It's Grip. Fix It Now Seun by MSN1(m): 8:35am On Sep 11, 2023
verybadmouth:
Dear Seun,

Ade
Bro. U seem not to know the meaning of social media or internet.
It should and ought to be anonymous but must be tracked whenever there is any misdeed.
But ur point where people do more than the usual is very solid but I think an instant total ban would go a long way to solve Nairalanders misbehaviours.
Re: Nairaland Is Loosing It's Grip. Fix It Now Seun by Rebelutionary: 8:42am On Sep 11, 2023
verybadmouth:
Dear Seun,

I hope this message finds you well in the morning. I'd like to draw your attention to a concerning trend on your forum, Nairaland. It appears that there is a growing problem with illegitimate activities and misuse of the platform. Many individuals including myself are using multiple aliases to deceive the public, while others are employing these aliases for abusive purposes, including targeting respected leaders without any sense of remorse.

Ade
This your thread is the 5762nd thread calling on Seun to clean up the mess Nairaland is becoming but you know what NOTHING willbe done. Unufortunately, your thread will join the rest of the pile and this will continue.

When I saw that Nairaland hit the 3million mark, I just laugh. If a clean up is done, we probably come to a 1.5million mark but thats not the issue.

There are a tonne of other issues raised needing Seun's attention but it isnt addressed. Rather he will push it to his mods or some bot who either are incapable or incompetent in policing this platform. The same nonsense we see manifest in government who Seun will go to twitter to badmouth is what prevails right under his nose!

I don't want to believe that he profits from the mad chaos here but if that is the case, it is unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Loosing It's Grip. Fix It Now Seun by Pleniry(m): 8:44am On Sep 11, 2023
cybersoldiers:

Seun will never do this because he benefits from the bigotry and destabilization of Nigeria.

If he make id compulsory, he'll lose over 80% of Nairaland members and you'll be surprised to noticed that the actual number of members on Nairaland is not beyond 500k members.

You may wish to advice him to stop the tribal attacks, but again, he uses it to attract traffic to Nairaland. Again he won't listen to you because he's paid to destroy Nigeria.
You have said it all. Any attempt to implement these safety rules will reduce his members drastically and hence reducing his daily income.
Re: Nairaland Is Loosing It's Grip. Fix It Now Seun by Rebelutionary: 8:50am On Sep 11, 2023
MSN1:

Bro. U seem not to know the meaning of social media or internet.
It should and ought to be anonymous but must be tracked whenever there is any misdeed.
But ur point where people do more than the usual is very solid but I think an instant total ban would go a long way to solve Nairalanders misbehaviours.
I agree with you about the total instant ban on all account even the ones tied to a particular IP like Reddit does. U go tire to create accounts na by the time you do that to ALL Nairaland will be more sane. They will tell us to Report but that most times is a waste of time. If they won't ban people PERMANENTLY give us the option to block and unblock people so we choose whose content we see. You will be reading one wholesome and useful comment then the next and the next n next ruins that thread for you.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Loosing It's Grip. Fix It Now Seun by jaeyking(m): 8:55am On Sep 11, 2023
As long as the Islam group needs you to swear that Allah is God and Muhammad (SAW) is his prophet

but
The Christianity group has nothing like that

Speaks of how bias nairaland and it's mod are.

Well nairaland is just an anonymous media platform
Re: Nairaland Is Loosing It's Grip. Fix It Now Seun by TemmyWon(f): 9:58am On Sep 11, 2023
jaeyking:
As long as the Islam group needs you to swear that Allah is God and Muhammad (SAW) is his prophet

but
The Christianity group has nothing like that

Speaks of how bias nairaland and it's mod are.

Well nairaland is just an anonymous media platform
Islam group was not originally so until overzealous disbelieving and chronically imb_cilic people who are not fit to be called christians started harassing them on their own threads

(1) (Reply)

Loaded Petrol Tanker Burst Into Flames At A Fuel Station Around Orile, Lagos / No Nurse, No Doctor": Mad Woman Woman Gives Birth Handsome Baby Boy With Fair Sk / Oneih-kola Balogun Technology Centre (o-kbtc) Nears Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.