Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Memories Of Your First Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Memories Of Your First Car (6822 Views)

Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. / How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? / Advice On First Car To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memories Of Your First Car by benatex(m): 8:34am On Jul 05, 2012
mine was lamborghini murcielago.bought it 3yrs ago.d tin cost o,cnt say d price
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by kilimanjaro(m): 9:04am On Jul 05, 2012
My first car was stolen! I can never forget that day. It was stolen in front of REGENT SCHOOL, OPPOSITE YORUBA MOSQUE, MAITAMA, ABUJA on the 28th Dec 2010. How i love that car!
The car was my second house.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:06am On Jul 05, 2012
Mine was a 2001 Honda civic I bought in 2007. Loved that car ehhhh and saved for nearly a year to buy it grin (hahaha)Sold it after a year cos I needed t use it just to learn how to drive. Went the "tear-rubber" way soon after! smiley
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by yungboss(m): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2012
r231:

That was bck in 95

I can't even count how many cars i have driven till date but i thank God grin
r231, do you know how i can get a 1995 bmw e36 m3?
My first car was a 1996 merc c220, sluggish from the go but fast at the top end...
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:20am On Jul 05, 2012
My First Car was an Ox-Blood 1986 Honda accord Sedan..

That Car was a beauty I tell you.. Both to drive and behold. She was my birthday gift from my Dad for my (sweet) 16th Birthday..

Her acceleration was one of a kind.. Her power mirrors (to fold it) still trips me till tomorrow..

I had mad fun with her..

1 Collision accident (that wasnt my fault cheesy)

2 non-collision incidents that resulted in her windscreen being broken.

1 high speed spin out

I lost my virginity in that vehicle.. Its a surprise I didnt concieve my first child in her..

Miss her so bad, wish I never sold her...
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 05, 2012
Just got mine a about a month ago.. Honda Civic 2006 grin... Fery fery fassssttttttttttttttttttt!!!
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by kcreal(f): 9:28am On Jul 05, 2012
Never had one, so I'm off.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by hardbody: 9:40am On Jul 05, 2012
My first car was a 1982 Mercedes Benz which i personally went to Cotonou and paid for (together with an agend that will ferry it back to Lagos)after like weeks of reserach into cars. cummulatively, i had serviced that car for less than 10times till date. I had driven and parked it for more than one year, then i commenced teh refurbishment of virtually all aspects of the car except the body. When concluded, i gave it out to a cousin who still loans it to me to drive down to the villa and use it there when perhaps i fly into teh eastern parts. Fond memories, i am wanting to buy another Benz 82 as a vintage car, all these guys taht are into car sales, Fhemmy and co, any one for grabs?
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Biggyd2: 10:13am On Jul 05, 2012
People I am not a professional writer but I just want to use this medium to say a big thank you to me MOTOKA.

Mine is a Honda Halla
Lovely car
Been there with me through thick and thing

Remember then how I used to wash and clean it
Never believed that any could do it better than me
Not even the best car wash in this whole wide world!
I couldn’t even believe that there was any other car better than my lovely Red Halla

My Honda saw many cities and states in Nigeria as it accompanied me on my journeys.
The state of Nigerian roads persistently battered my poor motoka, but it still remained faithful to me.

With the years rolling by, my beautiful lady (as it then was) became me old man
It was so so sad when me motoka started experiencing the old age sickness
But I stood by it just like it did for me
Even when most of the car doctors attending to it subtly told me to “euthanase” my old man, I gently told them that the idea is non-negotiable.

All through my old man’s sickness, its soul has been still strong
I only have to touch and speak to him in that special language that only the both of us understand, and it answers me immediately when I switch on the ignition
And if after doing 2KM it suddenly gets a heart attack (happens often these days), I will just call Ejiro his Dr. to revive him

Many cars have come and gone after him but it is soooo difficult giving up on this man
I have noticed also that his doctors have started running away each time I take him over to their office for routine check up
I always wonder why

I am using this write up to thank my old man for all his services but I have just have to realize that your bones are really feeble now and I do have to retire you.
I will always love you dear Honda

MY MOTOKA IS A MOTAKA!!!

4 Likes

Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Uten9z(m): 10:45am On Jul 05, 2012
wink it most be mercedez
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by pafestula(m): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2012
Mine is my leggedise Benz...V10 with nice ankle shoe with better sole or scandal of slippers... Later God upgraded me to V6 2001 C Class...in da year 2007 den my V10 and ankel shoe and slippers whatever rest! And the C Class na Igwe...low fuel efficient and too fast powered by 6 speed automatic noni....and corner negotiations superb and balance too gbaski...I love d ride jokes apart....Been EOD, Been Camry cannot stand my C class 2001 V6 in any ramification...ask google for my clarification incase of any doubt! Still using it..
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by BusHouse(m): 11:05am On Jul 05, 2012
mitofag: My first car was a leggedez benz and I still use it till now, never breaks down, no insurance, never complains, not too expensive to maintain,and kept diabetes away.
LWKMD.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by BusHouse(m): 11:32am On Jul 05, 2012
Mine was a peugeot 504 sr salon motor Car. I bought the motor car "tear rubber" in 1987 from pan kaduna. The "motor" served me so well for 21 years. You wount believe i had to bump & escape through the barricade of highway robbers with this "motor". I reluctantly sold the "motor" due to presure from my & children. Who named it " Agba she kpèlè". The "motor" car was always loyal.*I hope we all know the difference between a car(ride) & a motor?*
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by ochiaha1(m): 11:37am On Jul 05, 2012
My first car was an Audi 80 1993 model.

The car had very good fuel consumption efficiency, low maintenance cost and could swim very well in waters, Mercedes Benz and other cars got drowned in wink
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by steffans(m): 11:42am On Jul 05, 2012
kilimanjaro: My first car was stolen! I can never forget that day. It was stolen in front of REGENT SCHOOL, OPPOSITE YORUBA MOSQUE, MAITAMA, ABUJA on the 28th Dec 2010. How i love that car!
The car was my second house.

is dat d name of d car?smh
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by ochiaha1(m): 11:44am On Jul 05, 2012
BusHouse: Mine was a peugeot 504 sr salon motor Car. I bought the motor car "tear rubber" in 1987 from pan kaduna. The "motor" served me so well for 21 years. You wount believe i had to bump & escape through the barricade of highway robbers with this "motor". I reluctantly sold the "motor" due to presure from my & children. Who named it " Agba she kpèlè". The "motor" car was always loyal.*I hope we all know the difference between a car(ride) & a motor?*

grin grin grin LWKMD
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
Nissan 94 model bought it in 2007 used it for 3yrs. Fuel economy is perfect. The car rugged die. It did not give any problem. Not once except normal oil change.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by ayojango(m): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
meetgaya:
may God upgrade u to real benz

Formatic one too
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by kisibo: 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
[quote author=Biggyd2]People I am not a professional writer but I just want to use this medium to say a big thank you to me MOTOKA.

Mine is a Honda Halla
Lovely car

I couldn’t even believe that there was any other car better than my lovely Red Halla

My Honda saw many cities and states in Nigeria as it accompanied me on my journeys.
The state of Nigerian roads persistently battered my poor motoka, but it still remained faithful to me.

Even when most of the car doctors attending to it subtly told me to “euthanase” my old man, I gently told them that the idea is non-negotiable.

I only have to touch and speak to him in that special language that only the both of us understand, and it answers me immediately when I switch on the ignition
And if after doing 2KM it suddenly gets a heart attack (happens often these days), I will just call Ejiro his Dr. to revive him

Many cars have come and gone after him but it is soooo difficult
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by DIG1: 12:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
My was honda halla, bought in 2008, afta starving myself from ɑ̤̥̈̊ meagre salary all in d name of saving τ̅☺ buy a car, learnt so much abt automobile through ¶† though. No be small thing τ̅☺ drive motor when u no get money. Sold ¶† afta 2yrs
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by DIG1: 12:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
Mine was honda halla, bought in 2008, afta starving myself from ɑ̤̥̈̊ meagre salary all in d name of saving τ̅☺ buy a car, learnt so much abt automobile through ¶† though. No be small thing τ̅☺ drive motor when u no get money. Sold ¶† afta 2yrs
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by kisibo: 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
ochi-aha:

grin grin grin LWKMD

Ahahahaha...couldnt stop laughing ahahahahaha....you must be a funny man.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by dammytosh: 12:41pm On Jul 05, 2012
Biggyd2: People I am not a professional writer but I just want to use this medium to say a big thank you to me MOTOKA.

Mine is a Honda Halla
Lovely car

Many cars have come and gone after him but it is soooo difficult giving up on this man
I have noticed also that his doctors have started running away each time I take him over to their office for routine check up
I always wonder why

I am using this write up to thank my old man for all his services but I have just have to realize that your bones are really feeble now and I do have to retire you.
I will always love you dear Honda

MY MOTOKA IS A MOTAKA!!!

9ice write up on your motoka. I love this.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by kilimanjaro(m): 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2012
steffans:

is dat d name of d car?smh
Did the OP ask for the name of the car? He said - share the memories.....
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Biggyd2: 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
dammytosh:

9ice write up on your motoka. I love this.

Thanks, thanks. Just went out to wink at my old man. The man still dey do me yori yori grin grin grin
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Korrection(m): 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
Bought my first car when i was in school...Vento volkswagen...come see swag.....I was called Vento in school cos i was probably the only one using it at that time when Audi was just everywhere....i loved the car until i towed it from Asaba to Mechanic workshop in Benin due to radiator problems....now using cheroeke liberty jeep..2007...thinking to get another one...Thank God
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by airlord: 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
My first car, a 96 model Honda accord which i bought for £400 as a student and drove from leicester to Loughborough with non functioning brake and trafficator lights resulting in enough road rage along the way. Fixed my baby with another £200 to get MOT and we had a swell time rocking leicestershire together for about 2 years before i sold her off for almost what i bought her...Did it in a front seat for the first time in you and some fond memories of happennings in ur back seat too .
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by edoyad(m): 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
My first Car was actually my Dad's Car, Since I was the only one driving it then, the general consensus was that it was effectively mine. It was a Green Benz 230E(Regular), I miss that Car. When I was leaving home my Mother staged a Coup and relieved me of that War horse. Now it's parked in my brother's House, dirty and dying away. I see her any time I go to visit him and capture some her essence(she has a unique smell).I remember driving family members every where in that Car. I learnt to drive in her. My feather weight Honda aint got nothing on her.
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by kisibo: 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2012
Biggyd2:

Thanks, thanks. Just went out to wink at my old man. The man still dey do me yori yori grin grin grin

sir, can we see the pic of your MOTOKA..can't wait for that?
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Biggyd2: 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2012
Biggyd2: ^^^

My MOTOKA in his glory. Couldn't resist taking him out again today. In my eyes he still looks as beautiful as the first day we met each other.

If that is an 86 Accord, then you have one heck of a beautifully crafted piece of machinery!!
Re: Memories Of Your First Car by Biggyd2: 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

If that is an 86 Accord, then you have one heck of a beautifully crafted piece of machinery!!

"91. Still lovely anyways. Thanks bro. And I am surely going to Halla this Honda this weekend!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Custom Duty For Lexus RX 350 / Know More About Your Brake / Is It A Crime To Drive Right Hand Cars In Nigeria: ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.