Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. (2337 Views)

Tinubu Talking About Lagos Light Rail, BRT Lanes And PPP Models (Throwback) / Lagos Light Rail And The Problem Of Accountability - Businessday / Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by flokii: 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2023
obiekunie01:

"IF I WAKE UP TO THE SOUND OF WAR DRUMS BEATING BY AFONJO YARIBANZA MOOSEELEM,
I will go back to sleep knowing fully well that nothing will happen!" IBB

Colonel Iluyomade cleared your parents doubts at Ore when he and other gallant Yoruba soldiers sent them to their early graves for attempting to undermine the territorial integrity of South Western Nigeria..

Shey you read how Brig. General Benjamin Adekunle a.k.a Black Scorpion shot at anything and everything moving in your barren lands?.. just dey play with your life.

If you're not Yoruba, you can't know the damage Yorubas are capable of..

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by obiekunie01: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2023
flokii:

Colonel Iluyomade cleared your parents doubts at Ore when he and other gallant Yoruba soldiers sent them to their early graves for attempting to undermine the territorial integrity of South Western Nigeria..

Shey you read how Brig. General Benjamin Adekunle a.k.a Black Scorpion shot at anything and everything moving in your barren lands?.. just dey play with your life.

If you're not Yoruba, you can't know the damage Yorubas are capable of..

story for the gods!

anyways i never mentioned yorubas sha!

cause i have huge respect for yorubas.

all my comments are about yaribanzaaa yoloooba moooossleemm B.AAATSards uurrrrcchiinss like you!!

1 Like

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by flokii: 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
obiekunie01:

story for the gods!

anyways i never mentioned yorubas sha!

cause i have huge respect for yorubas.

all my comments are about yaribanzaaa yoloooba moooossleemm B.AAATSards uurrrrcchiinss like you!!

You wan chop beating for dream.. continue.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by anyilalaz: 9:35pm On Sep 11, 2023
This is one of the anti igbo propaganda. No true igbo son will make such statement. Everywhere all over the world when it comes to public space such as hospital, church, airport, train, emergency info, etc the national language and the local language come first and second as a means of communication then follow by other popular language.

There's an ATM around my neighborhood that has English and Chinese language as means of communication with the ATM. Chinese being that they have a large cluster of citizens from that country in my area.

Even in the East and North it is like that.

3 Likes

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by stacyadams: 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2023
obiekunie01:

degenerates everywhere!

see the comment from this effing B.A.T..sTARD UR.CH.IN!

BY UR USELESS LOGIC, GWAGYI SHOULD BE USED AS OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IN ABUJA.

ALL TRANSMISSIONS IN ABUJA RAILS SHOULD BE BROADCAST IN GWAGYI!

these sadwasteners are the most tribalist, USE.LESS set of people on earth!

USEL.ESS B..ATST.ARD .URCH.INS ALWAYS FORGOT LAGOS WAS FEDERAL CAPITAL FOR MANY YEARS THEREFORE BOASTS OF YEARS OF HUGE FEDERAL INVESTMENT!

all their attention is always on lagos - they forgot osun, ondo, oyo, and many other sadwaste states including KWARA are part of their shithole state!

grin. Sad waste cheesy grin
Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by obiekunie01: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2023
flokii:

You wan chop beating for dream.. continue.

cheesy cheesy

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by Timothy89(m): 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
if you're living in Yoruba land and you don't understand Yoruba, go back to where you will communicate and interact with your native tongue

fúck anyone living in Yoruba land that don't understand Yoruba, fúck you, fúck your mama and papa

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by ednut1(m): 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2023
Una no dey tire Opinion of few idiots does not represent a whole tribe
Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by Appletek: 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2023
Okwyjesus:

I think the leadership in Lagos is turning childish with this LAGOS IS YORUBALAND ISSUE.

Lagos is Yoruba land and that's simple true that don't need CAC registration.

But then it's cosmopolitan state.

Why use your indigenous language when the train is meant to serve all cosmopolitans.

You are lucky I am not the Governor.
I swear to the sagged breasts of Kanu's wife. If you don't have Yoruba tribal marks, you won't hawk gala in Lagos.

Every little thing, it is you Igbos always making foolish noise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by Appletek: 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2023
anyilalaz:
This is one of the anti igbo propaganda. No true igbo son will make such statement. Everywhere all over the world when it comes to public space such as hospital, church, airport, train, emergency info, etc the national language and the local language come first and second as a means of communication then follow by other popular language.

There's an ATM around my neighborhood that has English and Chinese language as means of communication with the ATM. Chinese being that they have a large cluster of citizens from that country in my area.

Even in the East and North it is like that.

Ifeanyi, shut up your dirty mouth.
You see your kinsmen talking nonsense on Twitter, you are calling it anti Igbo propaganda. Or seems madness is in your lineage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by tollyboy5(m): 12:03am On Sep 12, 2023
Okwyjesus:

I think the leadership in Lagos is turning childish with this LAGOS IS YORUBALAND ISSUE.

Lagos is Yoruba land and that's simple true that don't need CAC registration.

But then it's cosmopolitan state.

Why use your indigenous language when the train is meant to serve all cosmopolitans.
Lagos is not diverse through ethnic line. From Badagry to Ikorodu to Lagos island and Epe are Yoruba natives and Egun.
Whatever is done to promote the culture of these people will always come first. Lagos is not America.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by 9japride(m): 12:46am On Sep 12, 2023
Is it not better every region manage themselves with their resources?
The oil/gas from the south should be traded in their indigenous language. And it should be sold very expensive to none indigenes.
Just imagine if it were the south west that have the oil/gas, they will ensure other regions especially the south east slave for them.

1 Like

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by realestate99: 12:56am On Sep 12, 2023
obiekunie01:

DUMB ST.VPID COMMENT AS USSUAL!

If e pain you say igbos dey your toilet village, demand for the breakup of the country!

that way u can decide who enters your shithole land!

BUT SO LONG AS WE ARE ONE NIGERIA, YOU CAN DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IGBOS IN YOUR WASTELAND!

After all we didnt stop you from coming to our land! but you cant come cuase you cant compete!

FKKN B.AAA.TSSTARRDDD!
Lol!!! Only a mad man will go in the direction where people are running from, you and your people are technically refugees all over the world. Go to South West villages and see your people wasting away. Who is afraid of competing with you? Yorubas are controlling almost all important sectors of this country and boast of the most productive region for I.G.R.

I keep saying it, your people are the biggest beneficiary of one Nigeria, I can't wait for your likes to get your country and see your people hunt each other to extinction. You can never match up to the Yorubas in 200 years, Yoruba land houses the largest numbers of igbos outside Igbo land , that should alert your brain on how hopeless you are.

As late as 1950s when your people were still coming to Ogbeite market in Enugu naked, the Yorubas have been making their mark all over the world. You can just groan and Lament, you are a third class citizen in a third world country, double affliction.

7 Likes

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by Never4getU: 1:05am On Sep 12, 2023
EKONGKING:

English and Yoruba should run Repeatedly during station announcement .

No other language .

Igbo should go back to the east and put in place their own train where igbo language can be spoken repeatedly and stop meddling in our affair in our region. Lagos is a yoruba state in the southwest.

Typical pessimists.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by Never4getU: 1:19am On Sep 12, 2023
Coldie:
We igbos support anything the yorubas support.

But let's remove sentiments and tell ourselves the truth, northerners make bad decisions. Only thing making people not notice this is the fact that they have political power.

That's how the entire east both northeast and south east don't have any functional rail, Buhari went and was building rail from Katsina to Niger republic with loan, easterners were against it that Buhari should focus on integrating the whole Nigeria by rail dem dem from that side said Buhari should continue that it's the northern agenda. Them never build rail to Niger finish now borders are closed, and we must still pay that loan money.

Igbos were amongst the few who said it that Buhari was going to be a failure, people called them enemies of Nigeria, voted Buhari despite how clueless he was because they want to spite Igbo people, look at the Nigeria he left, if u ask what Buhari has done they will tell u he build road bridges rail, all those things are things China can do for u, what about those things China can't do for u like corruption, visa ban in Dubai, airline, inflation, currency exchange rate, subsidy, debts. Buhari failed wholefully in all. Tinubu own ministers are saying the last time Nigerian economy grew was during Jonathan era, the man that NIGERIANs wanted to kill igbo people for because they supported him.

If yorubas want the rail to be run using yoruba language we igbos support it, but let it be because they want to with valid reasons not because they want to rub it off on anybody or because people from a particular region told them to.

Blabbing as usual

In politics only interest is permanent and maximization of interest only but you people are terrible specie in our political landscape

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by ValarDoharis: 1:55am On Sep 12, 2023
Many Igbos in Lagos speak Yoruba wella so I don't think they'd oppose it. Anybody who is bilingual has advantage so why will Igbos in Lagos not wanna learn Yoruba?
DodadaKoKigbe:
Interesting. Somethings NEVER change.

1 Like

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by ValarDoharis: 1:57am On Sep 12, 2023
Its advantageous to be able to speak Igbo and Yoruba in Lagos and many Igbos are bilingual so why will they oppose it?
flokii:
Who is listening to those f00ls..

Yoruba language should run 24/7 on that train so whoever is visiting would know it's Yorubas doing. I think it's time to start deporting people from South West to their various regions of origin.
Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by Praxis758: 2:24am On Sep 12, 2023
The language should have be in Edo language since Lagos belongs to the Benins.
Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by aljharem(m): 2:35am On Sep 12, 2023
The language should be yoruba and English

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by anyilalaz: 7:23am On Sep 12, 2023
Appletek:

Ifeanyi, shut up your dirty mouth.
You see your kinsmen talking nonsense on Twitter, you are calling it anti Igbo propaganda. Or seems madness is in your lineage.

Samuel Langhorne Clemens, best known as Mark Twain once said: It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

I am far above that pettiness and tantrum son. Grow up SON.
Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by Appletek: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2023
anyilalaz:

Samuel Langhorne Clemens, best known as Mark Twain once said: It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

I am far above that pettiness and tantrum son. Grow up.

You're a worthless slave with no hope of redemption.
Just look at your place and see how the stupidity of people like you has destroyed your land.
You support evil by your kinsmen but now turn around to wonder why evil follows your linear. You are hopelessly stupid.

By the, it's not by Mark Twain it originated from the Bible. Proverbs 17:28, you python-worshipping accursed savage.

1 Like

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by ChiefJusticeFuc: 8:25am On Sep 12, 2023
Whatever Lagos conductors are using should be deployed.

Pidgin and Yoruba will suffice.

In their yeast, bus conductors use mainly Ibo.

Even in their airports , announcements are made in English and Ibo only

Why should they think they can determine what s Yoruba state adopt as communication language.

The Ibo will demand from others what he can never accept.

Useless people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by Chibuzoc(m): 8:48am On Sep 12, 2023
grin grin grin is Nigeria not a zoo like this wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy

Confused entity without an identity. Prove me wrong that nigeria is not a zoo
Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by DenreleDave(m): 8:49am On Sep 12, 2023
MrsTwrite:
The last twitter comment tho grin grin

You smiled right?.

If it were to be the other way, you will shout yorubas are very yẹn yẹn yen

It's fine sha......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by DenreleDave(m): 8:55am On Sep 12, 2023
Praxis758:
The language should have be in Edo language since Lagos belongs to the Benins.

Even ur wotlezzz ọba Of Benin 🇧🇯 Can't Speak such f00 ishnss

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hausas Support Use Of Yoruba In Lagos Light Rail, Igbos Oppose. by anyilalaz: 9:15pm On Sep 12, 2023
Appletek:

You're a worthless slave with no hope of redemption.
Just look at your place and see how the stupidity of people like you has destroyed your land.
You support evil by your kinsmen but now turn around to wonder why evil follows your linear. You are hopelessly stupid.

By the, it's not by Mark Twain it originated from the Bible. Proverbs 17:28, you python-worshipping accursed savage.

Grow up son, for the sake of your sanity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aba Is The First City In Nigeria To Have A Mayor In Modern Times / Alex Otti Appointments: We Have Grown Beyond Tribal Bigotry In Abia State. / Seyi Law Under Attack For Calling Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Son Of A Returned Slave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.