Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria (17931 Views)

Get To Know The Deep Secrets Of Successful Business Magnates They Won't Expose / Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million / Rising Influence Of Fintech Big Threat To Banks, Says Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by HorlaMystic: 9:16am On Sep 12, 2023
Nice
Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Afonja2000: 9:16am On Sep 12, 2023
Mostly Yorubas
Yoruba amaka

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by MrPristine: 9:17am On Sep 12, 2023
Awesome, Nigerians are really trying even though we operate in a very different environment and there is little or no government support.
Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by mkoabiola: 9:18am On Sep 12, 2023
Young Chap doing great things

Kudos to d youths

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Biggjoe2606(m): 9:19am On Sep 12, 2023
Brains

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Freeko4: 9:25am On Sep 12, 2023
Nice
Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Omoawoke2(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2023
I hope to get my name on that list too.

My Yoruba brothers shaking everywhere

Later some dumbass people will say they are the ones developing southwest or say Yorubas are lazy, misguided foolish dumbass people

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by BloomingDale(f): 9:29am On Sep 12, 2023
I tried most of those for savings and transactions but paired it down to OPay, VFD and Bamboo (for stocks). Bamboo should try a tiered system where the more you invest each month, the lesser the fees you have to pay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Tradepunter2: 9:29am On Sep 12, 2023
Very good.... Now we need tech in none financial sectors..... Especially in agriculture

6 Likes

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by seunjungle1(m): 9:31am On Sep 12, 2023
Must you shake this table?
You na DanWahala.

HKAlegacy:
Yorubas get brain abeg
Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Malroux: 9:32am On Sep 12, 2023
helinues:
Na so..

Media industry shaping loading...

cheesy
Hello buddy, do you want to work as a journalist?
Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Abeycityng(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2023
HERE is another FinTech company I will like to INTRODUCE to EVERYONE reading my position.

Have you heard😲? you can now get newly sealed galaxy AO4E with 28,235 + NiN in AJAH lasgidi territory and many more affordable series can be gotten basically on pay small small bases (EasyBuy)... Feel free to check on GREENAP using o7o17336o6😊😊 πŸ‘ *REFERRAL-REWARD: pls Make sure you have OPAY to receive your 5k INSTANT reward commission for every customer you refer to us..Thank you guys β™₯️
Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by oneman2k7: 9:34am On Sep 12, 2023
Omoluabi atata. Some children of hate will still beat their chest and dissaprove.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Kerefi: 9:35am On Sep 12, 2023
The way this Odun Eweniyi is gradually being the face of piggy vest is impressive. The idea was by Somto ifezue who is the current CEO. He's so private that Odun is taking his shine. No one remembers Joshua or Somto when talking about Piggy vest when in fact they brought the idea and Odun Eweniyi was a co founder. Never ever be a private person. Google piggy vest and all you see is Odun Eweniyi. The other guys are hardly seen.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Omoawoke2(m): 9:37am On Sep 12, 2023
Pakute:
And 2by2 people go dey beat chest say "we control the economy", abeg, Where una wan put Fintech?.
Put all the 2Γ—2 in the country together, dem no reach half of the value of one fintech in this list. Ordinary traders go dey open mouth to dey make noise ontop buying and selling, mostly fake goods. Many times Government dey lock their 2by2 shops for days and na dem go start to dey cry and beg beg Govt, becos the 2by2 no dey important to State Govt, na the local government sef dey take dem dey chop anyhow. No Govt dey carry fintech dey play, na beg dem dey beg Fintech.

It is lack of education. Ask them to princeoflagos to mention markets he knows, as far as he is concerned, if it is not okrika or spareparts, then no be market

6 Likes

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Skillsnigeria: 9:39am On Sep 12, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by franchasofficia: 9:41am On Sep 12, 2023
There are some more you probably omitted or didn't take notice of.

Klasha

Patricia

Itex/Payvice

Let me stop here cool
Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Rahkman: 9:43am On Sep 12, 2023
Pakute:
And 2by2 people go dey beat chest say "we control the economy", abeg, Where una wan put Fintech?.
Put all the 2Γ—2 in the country together, dem no reach half of the value of one fintech in this list. Ordinary traders go dey open mouth to dey make noise ontop buying and selling, mostly fake goods. Many times Government dey lock their 2by2 shops for days and na dem go start to dey cry and beg beg Govt, becos the 2by2 no dey important to State Govt, na the local government sef dey take dem dey chop anyhow. No Govt dey carry fintech dey play, na beg dem dey beg Fintech.
yes 2by2 control ur markets control the economy and are currently buying all ur lucrative lands in lagos

2 Likes

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by miniziter(m): 9:44am On Sep 12, 2023
Why putting my number one moniepoint that far?
Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by franchasofficia: 9:44am On Sep 12, 2023
Kerefi:
The way this Odun Eweniyi is gradually being the face of piggy vest is impressive. The idea was by Somto ifezue who is the current CEO. He's so private that Odun is taking his shine. No one remembers Joshua or Somto when talking about Piggy vest when in fact they brought the idea and Odun Eweniyi was a co founder. Never ever be a private person. Google piggy vest and all you see is Odun Eweniyi. The other guys are hardly seen.
Most Igbos are shrewd business oriented people. Reason you will see an Igbo billionaire still in one small shop cracking jokes with customers and neighbors but if you hear his net worth, you will scream.

One good thing about Yorubas is they are very good in packaging business ideas to look bigger than it actually is. This helps them to attract foreign investors in the form of Angel investors. All you need is good positioning, good knowledge of programming and a nice course in a reputable university abroad, then have an great idea, kickstart it no matter how small, and then pitch it on some foreign angel investors platforms and watch investors come on board with raw dollar investment.

This is what most smart young Yorubas are harnessing and I expected Seun founder of Nairaland to have cashed in on this long time ago, but seems he is very satisfied with his Nairaland success which is good.

There are many of us Igbos like Somto cool

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by winterfell007(m): 9:46am On Sep 12, 2023
The Yorubas are dominant in the fintech space, thanks to the Lagos advantage but the Igbos are really pushing their weight considerably. In all sha, Southerners are really the driving force of technology in Nigeria, but the northerners are usually the policy makers.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by franchasofficia: 9:47am On Sep 12, 2023
Pakute:
2by2 people are the reason most of the fintechs are springing up. The problem most of you have is ignorance.

Lebanese people are known all over the world for being the pillar of grocery sales business, and they have produced hundreds of billionaires through that venture and have caved a niche for themselves globally.

The same way Igbos have caved a niche in commodity trading and pety trading all over the world, and we are very proud of such feat cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Kerefi: 9:48am On Sep 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
Most Igbos are shrewd business oriented people. Reason you will see an Igbo billionaire still in one small shop cracking jokes with customers and neighbors but if you hear his net worth, you will scream.

One good thing about Yorubas is they are very good in packaging business ideas to look bigger than it actually is.

There are many of us Igbos like Somto cool

That's bad of Somto. He's the CEO , he's was the one who brought the idea. Odun Eweniyi should not be the face of the brand to his exclusion. Very bad of him. Very soon history will forget him. He needs to do a lot of pr and branding. When you hear of flutter wave, you think of Agboola. When you hear of Piggy vest, it should be Somto. He's the originator of the idea and CEO for god's sake.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Elliotwaveforec: 9:49am On Sep 12, 2023
95% of top Yoruba achievers up there bear Yoruba names completely! No Johns and Sikirus.

Go indigenous and prosper! Stop giving your children English and Arabic names. Think!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by sukkot: 9:54am On Sep 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
2by2 people are the reason most of the fintechs are springing up. The problem most of you have is ignorance.

Lebanese people are known all over the world for being the pillar of grocery sales business, and they have produced hundreds of billionaires through that venture and have caved a niche [/b]for themselves globally.

The same way Igbos [b]have caved a niche
in commodity trading and pety trading all over the world, and we are very proud of such feat cool
you CAVED a niche ? inukwa. just negodu

2 Likes

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by franchasofficia: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2023
Kerefi:

That's bad of Somto. He's the CEO , he's was the one who brought the idea. Odun Eweniyi should not be the face of the brand to his exclusion. Very bad of him. Very soon history will forget him. He needs to do a lot of pr and branding. When you hear of flutter wave, you think of Agboola. When you hear of Piggy vest, it should be Somto. He's the originator of the idea and CEO for god's sake.
In business, you must accept some realities. We all are gifted in different skills.

Somto might not be so talented in brand promotion and marketing, there is nothing bad in taking a back seat and allowing someone more competent in that aspect to take the lead, what matters is you know your worth and stake in the business and you are getting it.

I am doing similar thing in some of my new businesses, the persons fronting as the brand owners aren't the main stakeholders but for the fact that they have good knowledge in brand promotion and in running those type of business made me and other stakeholders to take back seat and allow them be the image makers of the business. The most important thing is let the business grow

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by franchasofficia: 9:56am On Sep 12, 2023
sukkot:
you CAVED a niche ? inukwa. just negodu
You know its typo and you know the right word, so fix it grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Appletek: 9:57am On Sep 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
There are some more you probably omitted or didn't take notice of.

Klasha

Patricia

Itex/Payvice

Let me stop here cool

Curate your own list

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by skj1377(m): 9:57am On Sep 12, 2023
Globacom has GKALA and Mtn has MOMO. 70% of those companies will be rendered unnecessary once these companies get their products mainstream. Remember every one has a phone and a sim.

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by Appletek: 9:58am On Sep 12, 2023
Ikennaford:
Rubbish

That's how your children will be wailing and have nothing to show when others are progressing.
Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by skj1377(m): 9:59am On Sep 12, 2023
GKALA and MOMO work with your phone and sim so mtn and Glo become your bank.
Re: Top 30 Fintech Magnates Of Nigeria by winterfell007(m): 9:59am On Sep 12, 2023
Kerefi:
Honestly, I am even surprised myself. If you read the history of Piggvest, you'll know that Somto and Joshua are the brains behind Piggyvest, Eweniyi was later drafted in to join the team. All of them were class mates in the university back then. I guess Somto and Joshua have no qualms with Odun being the face of piggyvest. They both enjoy their private life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Services That Is Making Me Over $300 Weekly On Fiverr With 20minute Work / Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up / What Business Can I Start At The University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.