Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) (31686 Views)

A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos / Danfo That Almost Fell From Third-Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photo) / Car Burns On 3rd Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by faithfull18(f): 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2023
shevon:
There is something about that Otedola bridge nobody is talking about. Why only that spot all the time?
It has something to do with the way the bridge was constructed.

2 Likes

Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by Appletek: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2023
LZAA:

And...
Your point is?

Can someone break it down, preferably in Igbo for this Nwa boyi here.
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by BigDawsNet: 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
The bridge need a review... There is a an Engineering upgrade that needs to be done on it

1 Like

Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by Scarrr: 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2023
LZAA:

And...
Your point is?
they are barbarians over there
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by tubolancer(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
Acekidc4:
See free Palliatives Scattered on the Floor 😲!! I trust Nigerians to do the needful 🀭🀭
It is not everything you must eat.
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by LZAA: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2023
Scarrr:
they are barbarians over there
Says the agbado manπŸ˜„
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by LZAA: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2023
Appletek:

Can someone break it down, preferably in Igbo for this Nwa boyi here.
undecided undecided
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by Graciousnaija: 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2023
What penalties are available for these overloaded trucks, driven by reckless drivers for destroying public infrastructure put in place through public tax? The owner of the truck, driver and the company involved should be fined!

1 Like

Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by Scarrr: 1:11pm On Sep 12, 2023
LZAA:

Says the agbado manπŸ˜„
you most likely dey live in the Sw ,far away from your barbarian tribe
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by nomolos92: 1:11pm On Sep 12, 2023
Dem never talk wetin dey that bridge
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 1:18pm On Sep 12, 2023
Jackson619007:
Bad road, bad engine, bad driver, one of this caused it, tho accident happens, hope no one died!!

I don't think it has anything to do with bad road, I know that stretch of road well and there is no pothole there...the drive was probably overspeeding despite the fact that it rained and the roads were slippery.

It's also possible that the truck had some mechanical faults eg brake failure, poor wheel alignment etc
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by fojjosh: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2023
As Ur name implies JEALOUS ANIMAL [/b]
JealousCobra:
,😎

[b]yoruba and fulani people and over load!
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by tfelicityk(m): 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2023
The road users should drive with care in this raining seasons.

Drive safe...
Do routine check on your vehicle before applying the road.
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by foleskay(m): 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2023
NAC1666:

When you decide to concentrate a particular place as port while neglecting other place places. What do you expect
By ur comment,u are ibo. Ur region is land locked and the river niger is not deep enough to contain large vessels. So ur idea is dead on arrival. Lagos is naturally a port city. With or without govt intervention it has a port
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by middlebelter(m): 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2023
I just pray the trunk and its content will be evacuated in good time. Otherwise, yesterday's traffic will be a joke when compared with the traffic this accident will cause.

@ LASTMA, please help us clear the traffic asap.

Thank you.
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by 1x2x3: 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
LZAA:

Spiritual?
Lols
I laugh in chinese
Poor maintenance culture,poor driving and bad weather before any Spiritual angle
People like you are the reason these salesmen known as "pastors" are rich
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

LOL no single pastor will get a penny if it's just me. I mentioned construction first but you ignored it.

There are many bridges older than that bridge which are also not maintained yet accidents aren't as frequent as you see on that bridge.

I mentioned "spiritual" because I know better what's on the other side. Spirituality has nothing to do with pastors, I'm not religious, pastors are. You think you are educated but westerners sometimes perform blood sacrifice/rituals on foundations of certain structures (this you may not be aware of) before building. I'm not sure how much you think you know.

1 Like

Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by JealousCobra(m): 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2023
fojjosh:
As Ur name implies JEALOUS ANIMAL [/b]

Agbero motor park, spotted!! 😎
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by LZAA: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2023
1x2x3:

LOL no single pastor will get a penny if it's just me. I mentioned construction first but you ignored it.

There are many bridges older than that bridge which are also not maintained yet accidents aren't as frequent as you see on that bridge.

I mentioned "spiritual" because I know better what's on the other side. Spirituality has nothing to do with pastors, I'm not religious, pastors are. You think you are educated but westerners sometimes perform blood sacrifice/rituals on foundations of certain structures (this you may not be aware of) before building. I'm not sure how much you think you know.
Has nought to do with education
Nothing spiritual about that bridge tho
We agree to disagree
CheersπŸ‘
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by LZAA: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2023
Scarrr:
you most likely dey live in the Sw ,far away from your barbarian tribe
Smh undecided
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by caandi: 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
This blood sucking bridge 😞
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by Myer(m): 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2023
Jackson619007:
Bad road, bad engine, bad driver, one of this caused it, tho accident happens, hope no one died!!

Well said.
It's been a while I passed there but I suspect it is a road-worthiness issue. That's the implication of the corruption in VIO and most institutions in Nigeria. The more reason we should pray for and also cooperate with this present administration.
Most of the trucks and vehicles on the road are accidents-waiting-to-happen yet they usually are issued these documents.

It's God that protects commuters in Nigeria, especially in Lagos.
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by DavSagacity(m): 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2023
U be potential thief.

That is Wheat offal. One of the Ingredients for making chicken feeds.

Acekidc4:
See free Palliatives Scattered on the Floor 😲!! I trust Nigerians to do the needful 🀭🀭
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by Scarrr: 4:06pm On Sep 12, 2023
LZAA:

Smh undecided
e reach to shake head fr your ppl trutru
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by LZAA: 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
Scarrr:
e reach to shake head fr your ppl trutru
undecided
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by Soknown: 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2023
shevon:
There is something about that Otedola bridge nobody is talking about. Why only that spot all the time?

There is nothing on the bridge, everything is on us as a people. From the government to the governed, there is a reigning nonchalance, lack of maintenance in every spheres of our daily living.

Yes, the design and construction of that bridge
leaves much to be desired. But, there are no adequate signage on that road that warns or prompts drivers of a dip at the middle of the bridge or the lenght and wind drag on the bridge.

Secondly, you found out that it is trucks that fall mostly on the bridge, then you ask yourself what is the maintenance routines of those trucks, is there a government enforced service routines of the trucks on our roads.

Thirdly, overloading. Most truck owners and drivers overload their trucks believing that once the truck is covered up, there's no problem. Meanwhile an overloaded vehicle will become unstable due to drag and apparent wind depending on its speed approaching the bridge.

Lastly, most truck drivers don't rest enough before their trips. Most are not qualified to drive trucks. Most of them are under the influence of substances and sleep deprived.

So what happens when all of these loopholes are well aligned? Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by Scarrr: 4:55pm On Sep 12, 2023
LZAA:

undecided
sorry.. u fit make research on how to change tribe ...
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by Seequadry(m): 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2023
Animal feeds....
Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by Jackson619007: 9:37am On Sep 13, 2023
Myer:

Well said.
It's been a while I passed there but I suspect it is a road-worthiness issue. That's the implication of the corruption in VIO and most institutions in Nigeria. The more reason we should pray for and also cooperate with this present administration.
Most of the trucks and vehicles on the road are accidents-waiting-to-happen yet they usually are issued these documents.

It's God that protects commuters in Nigeria, especially in Lagos.

Thanks for the approval.πŸ™

1 Like

Re: Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) by Jackson619007: 9:38am On Sep 13, 2023
Kobicove:

I don't think it has anything to do with bad road, I know that stretch of road well and there is no pothole there...the drive was probably overspeeding despite the fact that it rained and the roads were slippery.

It's also possible that the truck had some mechanical faults eg brake failure, poor wheel alignment etc

Yeah, those are probably one of the causes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Break Any Of These Traffic Laws In Nigeria, See The Fines You Will Pay – FRSC / A Nairalander Visit To The Moremi Statue Of Liberty.(With Pictures ) / Fatal Accident In Edo, Passengers Killed, Others Burnt. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.