Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

My Farming Experiment: Nigerians Now Eating Purely Fertilizers Disguised As Food - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Farming Experiment: Nigerians Now Eating Purely Fertilizers Disguised As Food (260 Views)

Strange Insects Attack Crops In Kano - Farmers Cry Out, As Food Shortage Looms / My Noiler Birds Poultry Experiment (AMO Noilers) / The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Farming Experiment: Nigerians Now Eating Purely Fertilizers Disguised As Food by real777(m): 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2023
Why you should go into farming even if small?

So I was testing some common crops in my garden and what I find out was unbelievable. Millions of naira in the bank account wouldn't give you quality food in our so called food market which are now a den of junkyard food stuff. You buy fresh tomatoes and it can barely last 24 hours on shelve. I remember growing my own tomato, it stayed a month plus without refrigerator.

I will be using beans as example on top of the chart of my experiment.

So I planted this small size beans locally called "uloka" without fertiliser.

Two to three months later, I started harvesting and immidiately tried under sun typical of several hours during hot sun.

Nothing like stones, weevil and chap that is so prevalent in market beans.

I believe it is during bagging they mix it up purposely with stones, gravel, granite and 5 different varieties of beans to make additional profit amongst others.

Cooking

Now this is the part that wowed me. I parboiled for 3 to 5 minutes thinking the water will turn from white to thick darkened or brownish water plus strong repulsive smell with all the associated debris as noticed on market beans. It turns out looking slightly like a morbid white water and normal beans aroma.

After cooking same way like the commercial beans, the difference was clear as crystal with no trace of bland taste and smell. Those that ate it can be likened to those folks that could differentiate our Lord's Jesus wine from that of the sellers. It makes eating beans an everyday delight. There are many things that contribute to short life expectancy in Nigeria, drinking and eating junks is one of them.

Na this country young boys and old men dey drink "agbo" and man power just to stay 5 hours fucking their spirit away on top olosho and olosho girlfriend...some even do it to their olosho wives and you think it is normal? Well not my business sha but if wahala come, those around you will suffer for your choice when you are gone.

Most Nigerians are living dead bodies waiting to pass their problems to innocent kids. You see a two year old child already using classes, having high blood pressure, renal failure, etc. because in most cases, the parents or ancestors simply pass this stuff to their children. That's why is good you solve your medical and spiritual issues before impregnating a girl or a woman. Same applies to the female folks

If I tell you what people do to cat fish (reared in pond) to have it grow faster and spend less, many of you will stop eating catfish barbecue.

I am tempted to say that those in the south of Nigeria with all the stupid textbooks in their brain are just too lazy to embrace farming either in commercial or in their backyard.

Something must kill a man crew will not disappoint me.

Those that have ears, let them hear

2 Likes

Re: My Farming Experiment: Nigerians Now Eating Purely Fertilizers Disguised As Food by Wodu89: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2023
I once worked in a poultry and the water we used for their feeding we had to wash the drinkers from time to time and also change/add more water during the day. My dear, after a while the entire finger prints of both my hands erased completely without trace from the aftermath of using the chemicals. The hands got puffed up like I was injured even though I wasn't. But guess what, the eggs were always super bae big. It took around 3-6 weeks for my hands to regain my fingerprints after I left the job

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Essential Oils, Seeds, Nuts, Herbs, Spices, Roots / Tractor For Sale / Agricultural Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.