Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters (46722 Views)

Messi Returns To Argentina Squad After Three-Month Ban / Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina Squad For First Time Since World Cup / Messi, Aguero & Dybala In Argentina Squad To Face Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by BOYS2MEN: 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
Haba I suppose be white man ,wallahi!!!
AImiron:
Argentina players have arrived in La Paz, Bolivia, ahead of their second 2026 World Cup qualifier game and fans have noticed an unusual item being carried by Lionel Messi and his teammates.

The world champions opened their qualifying campaign with a 1-0 win over Ecuador thanks to Messi's second-half free kick.

The world champions need to be in the United States of America, Mexico, and Canada to defend the title they won in Qatar last year and a winning start was crucial.

However, Argentina's second game tonight (September 12) poses a significant challenge - not necessarily because of the opponents but because of the location and the conditions the visitors will face.

La Albiceleste stars travelled in their usual attire with water bottles and tea flasks, but their trip to Bolivia saw them carry along an extra item.

As spotted by AlbicelesteTalk, players were pictured arriving in La Paz with mini oxygen canisters.

Alexis Mac Allister, Cuti Romero, and Nicolas Otamendi were pictured with the devices in hand as they alighted from the team bus in La Paz

Bolivia adds an extra element of difficulty due to the high altitude of about 11,942 feet above sea level, which causes altitude sickness for those unaccustomed to the conditions.

The tubes are meant to help provide oxygen and aid acclimatisation for the players. As reposted by BR Football, Brazil's national team players required oxygen after their 0-0 draw in La Paz in 2017.

According to Web MD, altitude sickness is a group of symptoms that can occur when a person moves to a higher altitude very quickly, with severity ranging from mild to even life-threatening.

The symptoms can include headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, shortness of breath, sleeping problems, and even loss of appetite - all potentially debilitating for an active football player.

SOURCE
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by Faolaoluwape(m): 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
Hi i am professional Website developer i will create for you an attractive website free of cost

I will create free of cost website for your bussiness

if you are interested
Whatsapp : +2349066027527
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by ponishah: 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
Kingosytex:
That is what is called the real 'home advantage' cheesy
And where has it taken them
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by eepeepook: 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2023
They should’ve come months earlier or trained in Kenya to the same effect. It’s easy to label those things performance enhancers. Sha, make them no break people legs during the games. Na that one go worse pass.
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by Hanndye: 8:34pm On Sep 12, 2023
PrincessofDSS:

Then it’s not safe to fix a football match is such an environment knowing the situation on ground
Fairness is the rule of the game. They might not find it easy playing in other countries. Anyways, that's their own God-given advantage and Oyinbo don't have time dragging frivolity. It's all parts of the game. Na black man go dey drag like say their lives depend on it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by MrBroke(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
Kingosytex:
That is what is called the real 'home advantage' cheesy

The home advantage huge die. Messi worst international away match na against same Bolivia
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by Donaldoni: 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2023
Amayabor1:

You nor dey read? There is no probability. It is definitely caused by the high altitude.

My Atiku man. cheesy

How have you been coping since Atiku lost? shocked

Me and you curse each other tire last year over Tinubu and Atiku matter cheesy

I thank God, Tinubu is not ruling over your dead body today cool
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by Aboguede(m): 10:05pm On Sep 12, 2023
Amayabor1:

You nor dey read? There is no probability. It is definitely caused by the high altitude.

Look at the moniker then u will understand grin
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by Aboguede(m): 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2023
Send email. To me

Faolaoluwape:
Hi i am professional Website developer i will create for you an attractive website free of cost

I will create free of cost website for your bussiness

if you are interested
Whatsapp : +2349066027527
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by Aboguede(m): 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2023
No body dey here.

All una theory din fail again ooh
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by onajo2000(m): 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
Honoredeblazac:
Na rubber solution full that things Abeg. Oyibo go dey dey lie for us
You never reach high altitude before that why you dey talk like that
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by pquaver(m): 11:25pm On Sep 12, 2023
AImiron:
Argentina players have arrived in La Paz, Bolivia, ahead of their second 2026 World Cup qualifier game and fans have noticed an unusual item being carried by Lionel Messi and his teammates.

The world champions opened their qualifying campaign with a 1-0 win over Ecuador thanks to Messi's second-half free kick.

The world champions need to be in the United States of America, Mexico, and Canada to defend the title they won in Qatar last year and a winning start was crucial.

However, Argentina's second game tonight (September 12) poses a significant challenge - not necessarily because of the opponents but because of the location and the conditions the visitors will face.

La Albiceleste stars travelled in their usual attire with water bottles and tea flasks, but their trip to Bolivia saw them carry along an extra item.

As spotted by AlbicelesteTalk, players were pictured arriving in La Paz with mini oxygen canisters.

Alexis Mac Allister, Cuti Romero, and Nicolas Otamendi were pictured with the devices in hand as they alighted from the team bus in La Paz

Bolivia adds an extra element of difficulty due to the high altitude of about 11,942 feet above sea level, which causes altitude sickness for those unaccustomed to the conditions.

The tubes are meant to help provide oxygen and aid acclimatisation for the players. As reposted by BR Football, Brazil's national team players required oxygen after their 0-0 draw in La Paz in 2017.

According to Web MD, altitude sickness is a group of symptoms that can occur when a person moves to a higher altitude very quickly, with severity ranging from mild to even life-threatening.

The symptoms can include headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, shortness of breath, sleeping problems, and even loss of appetite - all potentially debilitating for an active football player.

SOURCE

And yet some dunces say south America football na beans.. Abeg i go like make portugal play friendly with bolivia in la paz. I want check something... If dem no collect woto woto.. I go denouce messi..

2 Likes

Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by Onlinebar: 11:29pm On Sep 12, 2023
Reminds me of some of the crazy places Shegz and Super Strikas team played in.........good old memories embarassed

1 Like

Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by Truthshotcrazy: 11:53pm On Sep 12, 2023
Hmm
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by Numerouno94(m): 12:53am On Sep 13, 2023
Padipadi:
Argentina must lose tonight

How market na?gringrin
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by Numerouno94(m): 12:54am On Sep 13, 2023
Slynation:
Sure say nobi to go carry Bolivia straight win... grin grin grin grin grin I remembered when Messi experienced fatigue and vomitted on the pitch due to high altitude...!!

My guy hope say u no try am? gringrin

1 Like

Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by Numerouno94(m): 12:59am On Sep 13, 2023
Haters expecting Bolivia to defeat Messi's led Argentina will b left disappointed yet again. Condolences to all Messi haters aka Penaldogs.

Almiron hw fr, hope u stream our game ba?
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by tophempire: 2:47am On Sep 13, 2023
cheesy watin make them draw before must not repeat again
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by MrBONE2(m): 3:51am On Sep 13, 2023
justdream:
U sure say nobe "gum" full that thing? All these players fit do anything for highness.

grin

Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by TheSuperX(m): 5:29am On Sep 13, 2023
Numerouno94:
Haters expecting Bolivia to defeat Messi's led Argentina will b left disappointed yet again. Condolences to all Messi haters aka Penaldogs.

Almiron hw fr, hope u stream our game ba?
Argentina trash them badly sha. 😂😂
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by bablon20(m): 7:43am On Sep 13, 2023
Na so Bolivia hot reach? Àbi why oxygen canister?
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by makaveli902: 10:11am On Sep 13, 2023
Caramia2020:
Nigerians are lucky.

Lucky as how, we have similar conditions in Plateau State.
Re: 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters by Slynation(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2023
Numerouno94:

My guy hope say u no try am? gringrin
Omo...I no later try am oO 🤣😂

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ronaldo Angrily Smashes Phone Of A Fan Filming Him After Man-U's Loss (Video) / Lionel Messi, His Wife And Children In Adorable Family Photo / Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.