Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,709 members, 7,851,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:49 PM

The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban (11566 Views)

Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M / Soludo Debunks Claims That Peter Obi’s $20M Investment in Anambra Is Worth $100M / Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by RoadMozart(m): 9:01am On Sep 13, 2023
My Dad is Hausa
My mum is Yoruba
My Woman is Igbo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by gidgiddy: 9:01am On Sep 13, 2023
FSU:
I met a Nigerian couple today. As soon as I engaged them I felt something was different with the wife. I asked where they were originally from in NG. The man replied with "Imo", and the wife with "Taraba". I almost screamed in shock. That was my first time ever of seeing or talking to anyone from Taraba.

The diversity of NG is truly amazing and worthy of appreciation. Only if the evil politicians and their equally evil hangers-on can be retired.

Which brings me to the question of the day. How many states of NG have you physically interacted with people from?

I have been to and interacted with people from all 17 southern states, and with people from Kogi, Kwara, Adamawa (just one person😀😀😀), Jigawa, Kano, Bornu, Niger, and Kaduna. I have been to Abuja but never interacted with a native, as also with people from the remaining 11 northern states. I'm just imagining how somebody from Zamfara thinks, talks, or look like.

God bless Nigeria minus the evil politicians and their brainwashed supporters.

You mean the same diversity that claimed 3 million lives? The same diversity that has resulted in being world poverty capital? Nigeria should have disintegrated long ago

3 Likes

Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by illicit(m): 9:01am On Sep 13, 2023
I met an Adamawan for the first time during my NYSC

A Kilban
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by chieveboy(m): 9:02am On Sep 13, 2023
limeta:
Even with all that Nigeria was molded by a racist white man and his racist chick
The curse is massive.

So how do you want to avoid working with the elder brother of racism which is tribalism in not using it to create another enclave?
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by kingreign(m): 9:02am On Sep 13, 2023
I've been to almost all states if Nigeria except Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara states.
I was born in Lagos, Raised in North Central, Schooled in Yola (bachelors degree) and Uyo (masters degree).

My dad (RIP) a yoruba man was married my mom an Ibibio woman from Uyo. I also a yoruba man, is married an ibibio woman from Uyo.

2 Likes

Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by Faposky95: 9:03am On Sep 13, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
grin
them go soon drag you. Children of Hate
They believe in ONE messiah that want to save only, when is in power grin

Even Children of hate love.!!!!!
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by Ttipsy(f): 9:07am On Sep 13, 2023
Yh we celebrate tribalism and religious extremism in the north

Jokers
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by Goalnaldo(m): 9:11am On Sep 13, 2023
I once had this obsession to knack a girl from each state of the country but I never hammer. So far the ones I met are imo, akwa ibom, Enugu, Anambra, cross River, Abia, kogi, Benue and Delta

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by wpadmin: 9:15am On Sep 13, 2023
Olat4421:
u still no get sense shame on u. U still bring up ethnic insult contradicting entirely to what d op is trying to point out. See what politician has successfully turn some people to

You are right. Let us pretend that all is well until the next election.
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by sslcrypt: 9:19am On Sep 13, 2023
Praxis758:
Nigeria is not big in landmass, but diverse in ethnicity.

Each of Alaska, North & South Dakota and Montana are bigger than Nigeria in size.

Are you for real? North and south Dakota, the agricultural belt of USA? Alaska very likely but as for those other two not sure.
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by seborrhic: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2023
FSU:
I met a Nigerian couple today. As soon as I engaged them I felt something was different with the wife. I asked where they were originally from in NG. The man replied with "Imo", and the wife with "Taraba". I almost screamed in shock. That was my first time ever of seeing or talking to anyone from Taraba.

The diversity of NG is truly amazing and worthy of appreciation. Only if the evil politicians and their equally evil hangers-on can be retired.

Which brings me to the question of the day. How many states of NG have you physically interacted with people from?

I have been to and interacted with people from all 17 southern states, and with people from Kogi, Kwara, Adamawa (just one person😀😀😀), Jigawa, Kano, Bornu, Niger, and Kaduna. I have been to Abuja but never interacted with a native, as also with people from the remaining 11 northern states. I'm just imagining how somebody from Zamfara thinks, talks, or look like.

My brother,just the picture of that gate alone brought back nostalgia of my stay in the North,not even Taraba but what you would consider a pure Muslim state.
I remember entering the North by 11pm and still able to get a cab to our final destination,total strangers entering that Northern state for the first time,an hour and half away on a stretch of lonely but good roads.
I remember traversing states like Zamfara, Katsina,Kaduna,then Sokoto and how intrigued and fascinated I was with the aforementioned states.
The locals were surprisingly accommodating and friendly.Going to the various markets was fun and a joy with their foods and even getting to see their own varieties of food ingredients one was used to.
Surprising too,you find at least one of your tribesman or woman selling in those markets,everyone concerned with just doing business.
This was during the YarAdua then GEJ era.
No fear of anything and no contempt for you,just interest and friendship.
I will always say it,Buhari is the WORST thing that ever happened to Nigeria in ALL aspects.
If not for Buhari,one of my plans has always been to spend a full month in the North,staying in at least 5 states for a week or at the worst going back to that lovely state of Zamfara and Katsina, interacting with the people and visiting those places one used to frequent then,but alas,the fear is too much a burden to overcome.
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:26am On Sep 13, 2023
I AM AN IGBO MAN, MARRIED TO A YORUBA WOMAN. GOD PUNISH OUR POLITICIANS FOR DIVIDING US.

4 Likes

Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by wpadmin: 9:26am On Sep 13, 2023
You no go ever see any thread during elections to try calm the tension down. Nothing.

During elections, political parties will use this platform to stir up tension. After the tribal bashing and elections end, one old account on Nairaland will come out to post about unity.

Seun allows it because common, money must be made.

3 Likes

Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by Yankee101: 9:27am On Sep 13, 2023
It’s unfortunate we don’t realize it

It’s a very very very big advantage

The United States is milking it
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by Ahigbo1: 9:28am On Sep 13, 2023
Ozommadu:
Op you forgot to mention c.ursed agbado boys that were recently recruited here for defending this wicked government??

Yes oo, they recruited your fellow country people and they're defending them on nairaland...na man dey do man

We know their ringleader here. He eats and sleeps in Nairaland
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by jojothaiv(m): 9:30am On Sep 13, 2023
Mightymanna:
The North from the Extreme End of Sokoto and Kebbi to Borno And Adamawa State seems the same people the same culture and only slight different. In fact it will be very difficult to differentiate them because they speak the same language (Hausa) bear the same names and dress the same, myopic southerners always assume all the people are Hausa or Fulani and Muslims.
That's why traveling is such an underrated form of education.

We have Kanuri, Nupe, Jukuns, Angas, Birow, Beri-Beri and many more up north and there are Christians, Traditionalists among them.

Till date, I've never seen a more religious tolerant region like the southern part of Kebbi, Zuru, Fakai etc boast of atleast two different religious beliefs in most household.

3 Likes

Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by SmartyPants(m): 9:32am On Sep 13, 2023
FSU:

What is amazing about the diversity? We are all just flesh and blood born and bred a little differently but with the same common aspirations and desires for a good life. There is nothing special about meeting someone from Taraba or any other place - I thought you would have argued that you learned something new.

1 Like

Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by efe21: 9:33am On Sep 13, 2023
RoadMozart:
My Dad is Hausa
My mum is Yoruba
My Woman is Igbo
You are NIGERIA my brother grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by Starboytwo(m): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2023
I always wonder how my people wey dey Yobe Damaturu, Jigawa Dutse etc go dey...
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by wanted222(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2023
Nigeria has a long way to go see a city gate entrance like one local government village

meanwhile this is the city gate of KISUMU one of the least developed cities in kenya

Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by membranus: 9:44am On Sep 13, 2023
b3llo:
Am a Waja wth mix of Bolewa

Itumo?
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by Aberry(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2023
The animal my trap killed this morning, is it safe to eat this kind of animal?

Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by emorse(m): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2023
MasterShifu010:
Start by asking yourself how many Nigerian languages apart from yours can you speak ?
How many languages does one need to speak to appreciate and celebrate diversity?
Isn't that the essence of the word in the first place?
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by emorse(m): 9:48am On Sep 13, 2023
SmartyPants:

What is amazing about the diversity? We are all just flesh and blood born and bred a little differently but with the same common aspirations and desires for a good life. There is nothing special about meeting someone from Taraba or any other place - I thought you would have argued that you learned something new.
But one can learn from meeting and interacting with others na.
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by SmartyPants(m): 10:09am On Sep 13, 2023
emorse:

But one can learn from meeting and interacting with others na.

Certainly - but doesn't look like he did. Rather he was simply amazed that he met someone from Taraba...as if that is supposed to be significant in and of itself.
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by ukpahu(m): 10:16am On Sep 13, 2023
FSU:

Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by ukpahu(m): 10:16am On Sep 13, 2023
[quote author=ukpahu post=125763226][/quote] see the road
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by ukpahu(m): 10:17am On Sep 13, 2023
[quote author=ukpahu post=125763226][/quote] see Nigeria road
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by BobbieZion(m): 10:24am On Sep 13, 2023
Praxis758:
Nigeria is not big in landmass, but diverse in ethnicity.

Each of Alaska, North & South Dakota and Montana are bigger than Nigeria in size.

The only state bigger than Nigeria is Alaska.
Alaska, Texas, California in size then Montana.
Get your facts right.
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by BobbieZion(m): 10:30am On Sep 13, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Our Politicians employing Divide & Rule tactics have made us never to speak with one voice, by dividing us along Ethnic & Religious lines.

&Fear of Insecurity has also prevented many Nigerians from visiting many interesting places in this Country.

It is not the politicians that are dividing us..
The average Nigerian wether from North or South, Christian or Muslim are highly segregatory and nepotistic.

Some are taught at home, while some are taught by religion.
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by GanagiBitrus: 10:44am On Sep 13, 2023
BobbieZion:

It is not the politicians that are dividing us..
The average Nigerian wether from North or South, Christian or Muslim are highly segregatory and nepotistic.

Some are taught at home, while some are taught by religion.

I so much believe in Leadership. Once we get it right at the Top, other things will fall in place.
A Good Leader that will rise above Ethnic/Religious bias will unite this country.
Re: The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban by meedoLock(m): 10:46am On Sep 13, 2023
I don't know whether this is worth celebrated or not, because it had never yielded any progress in Nigeria. Our diverse in culture and tribe should have been a blessing worth emulation,unfortunately that's not our reality.

I was once of taught that Nigeria will be great, this is not because I solely believed in that statement, but because that's how I met it in the lips of our elder people while growing up.

Looking at the structure holistically from inception till now has opened my eyes the more, hence we can not hypothetically Excell as a nation because while some are dragging up the weight of development in all ramifications, some are concurrently dragging it down at a uniform rate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Adopts Direct Primary, Set To Reclaim Edo From PDP / Buhari Tells Traditional Leaders: Encourage Your Subjects To Go And Farm / 2022: Buhari’s New Year Message (Full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.