Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

BREAKING: Lagos Assembly Wants Yoruba Language In Blue Line Train Instructions - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Lagos Assembly Wants Yoruba Language In Blue Line Train Instructions (755 Views)

President Tinubu & Sanwo-Olu Inaugurate Lagos Red Line Train / Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) / Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Lagos Assembly Wants Yoruba Language In Blue Line Train Instructions by paramakina202: 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
LegendHero:

Bro, I just told you they are using English and Yoruba.

But if they eventually decide to use Yoruba alone, it is also welcome. Anyone that don’t understand Yoruba should check the train public screen, you will see where to get down and where to stop.

Turkey is different from Yorubaland. We don’t give a F how Turkey chose to do with their lives, if they like they can broadcast it in Arabic or even Latin. It’s none of our business.

You did not stop at the bolded you added this below.
LegendHero:

They are using English and Yoruba.

And if they decide they want to only use Yoruba too, that is fine. Lagos is Yorubaland and if you don’t understand Yoruba, either get an interpreter or pack your bag and go back to where you won’t need to speak Yoruba.

If I am in China and their rail service is being conducted in Chinese, I no need to fight them to make sure it’s done in English. I either go back home or look at the train symbol to see the next station.
Re: BREAKING: Lagos Assembly Wants Yoruba Language In Blue Line Train Instructions by LegendHero(m): 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2023
paramakina202:

You did not stop at the bolded you added this below.

Yes, I added it.

What is tribalism in wanting to make use of your language on your own land? Does your own tribalism mean wiping out indigenous people culture like Americans did to the red Indians?

What is wrong with this country in the name of one Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Lagos Assembly Wants Yoruba Language In Blue Line Train Instructions by paramakina202: 8:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
LegendHero:

Yes, I added it.

What is tribalism in wanting to make use of your language on your own land? Does your own tribalism mean wiping out indigenous people culture like Americans did to the red Indians?

What is wrong with this country in the name of one Nigeria?

Even in my first comment was ı against using your language?Use whatever.
Re: BREAKING: Lagos Assembly Wants Yoruba Language In Blue Line Train Instructions by DenreleDave(m): 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
paramakina202:

Lagos is Yorubaland no doubt and are at liberty to even use only Yoruba language but what about non Yoruba speakers that lives in Lagos?
In Turkey they they communicate with Turkish and English languages being a tourist destination.Leave primitive bigotry and trbalism alone and do what is best for business.

Must ú lie all the time. Where did u see that it's only Yoruba?
Re: BREAKING: Lagos Assembly Wants Yoruba Language In Blue Line Train Instructions by zaria133: 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2023
To generate cool names from websites, begin by exploring online domain name generators. Enter keywords or themes related to your project, and these tools will suggest unique and catchy domain names. You can also browse creative naming websites, crowdsourcing platforms, or use a thesaurus to brainstorm cool and memorable options.
https://coolnamesfinder.com/
Re: BREAKING: Lagos Assembly Wants Yoruba Language In Blue Line Train Instructions by Sugartainment: 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2023
hammerFC:

I SPEAK YORUBA BUT IT DONT MAKE ME YORUBA.

THEY SHOULD SPREAD THE LANGUAGE SO EVERYBODY WILL LEARN IT, THEN , WHEN THEY ARE TALKING, WE WILL ALL KNOW WHAT THEY ARE SAYING.

HOWEVER, WHEN WE SPEAK OUR OWN, THEM NO GO HEAR.

FOOLS! grin

You are mugu!
Every Yoruba town has indigenous dialect that yorubas who are not indigenous to that land will not understand.
For example, ibarapa dialect is different from Iwo dialect, owo dialect, osogbo dialect, offa dialect.
What is spoken in Lagos as Yoruba language is the "edekiri'' language Yoruba forefathers formed among the children of oduduwa so that they can communicate and trade each other, a language of unity and oneness... Ijebu dialect is different Ikare dialect... Make your findings you will discover that yorubas are thousands ahead of you. #knowthyself #omooduduwa #chosen #Dna

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Forum Warns Wike Against Actions Inimical To Party, Region’s Interests / Aaron Greenspan Just Filed A Motion In The Ongoing FOIA / Tribunal Verdict Has Vindicated Me – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.