Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash (1291 Views)

Bokom Haram: Governor Zulum Shielded From Gunshots / Nigerians React As MC Oluomo Is Stabbed At APC Lagos Rally. Lands In Hospital / Imo APC Factions Clash At APC National Convention In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by searchng4love: 11:10am On Sep 13, 2023
Residents flee from gunshots as MC Oluomo, Agbede road transport factions clash in Abuja

An event at the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) secretariat in Abuja turned violent on Tuesday, causing residents to flee amidst the sounds of gunshots.

Two rival factions of the union clashed fiercely amid a simmering leadership crisis that has lasted for over a year since Lagos kingpin and state chairman of the NURTW, Musiliu Akinsanya popularly known as MC Oluomo, rebelled against the national leadership of the union.

One Tajudeen Badru Agbede mobilised thugs from Lagos state to the secretariat of the union located at Garki 2 and attacked the national officers including the current president, Tajudeen Baruwa

The attack seems to be part of plans by Mr Akinsanya who has recently rejoined the NURTW, abandoning the Lagos State Parks and Garages Committee (LASPARK) that he chaired with the help of the state government, to reclaim his national stature within the union.

The attack group took control of the national secretariat and forced the officers out of their premises. Curiously, the officers of the State Security Services (SSS) and the Nigeria Police Force, deployed to maintain order and prevent violence, seemed to have transformed into passive spectators, standing on the sidelines as chaos reigned. Their inaction added an unsettling dimension to the already chaotic scene.

MC Oluomo was suspended for a series of allegations in 2022, including insubordination. Although he was later pardoned, his refusal to apologise to his seniors, in accordance with the unionโ€™s protocols, resulted in the dissolution of his executive cabinet by the national leadership. As Tajudeen Baruwaโ€™s tenure neared its end, MC Oluomo made a calculated move to support Agbede in his bid to lead the interim caretaker committee that would oversee the union until the next election.

It is expected that Mr Agbede will re-absorb Mr Akinsanya into the union and protect the empire that he unilaterally rules with the backing of state authorities in Lagos, often disregarding national-level coordination and obligations.

As tensions flared, the Baruwa camp rallied its youthful members in an attempt to retake control of the secretariat from the Agbede faction. However, their efforts were thwarted by the intervention of the earlier passive security agents who resorted to firing warning shots to disperse the angry mob. This escalation of force by the police further exacerbated the volatile atmosphere.

Days prior to this tumultuous event, MC Oluomo had released a video announcing his return to the NURTW, citing his disagreements with the Baruwa leadership as the reason for his earlier departure. The fallout from this clash now leaves the union and its leadership in a precarious state, with questions surrounding its future direction and stability in the wake of this explosive confrontation

2 Likes

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by PrinceOfLagos: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2023
Lawless country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by searchng4love: 11:15am On Sep 13, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Lawless country

Why?
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by Cantonese: 11:19am On Sep 13, 2023
Very terrible.

In Lagos, agberos boast that they own Lagos and that they can do whatever they choose and get away with it. Not long ago, one boasted that he could choose any lady that he wanted, claiming that the money is there.

Agberos reign with terror in every part of the country. Nowhere is spared.

Allowing agberos to thrive is tantamount to allowed chaos everywhere. These unions should be completely disbanded and the members forced to either purchase their own buses or stay at home jobless.

Ambode would have made it work in Lagos, but for his political disagreements with his ogas, who did not allow him return.

Government has a very major role in the business of transportation, either at the states or federal government. Lagos state government made a good move with rail transportation and reduction in transport fare at all levels.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by TongueTwista(m): 11:21am On Sep 13, 2023
Tinubu has finally brought his touts to our city to rubbish the bit of sanity we had left.

Next thing, I'll drive into Wuse market and find Seunmsg by the entrance, harassing bolt drivers over parking tickets.

Na to just move go my Kaduna crib . Not in for all this nonsense!

8 Likes

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by searchng4love: 11:22am On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:
Tinubu has finally brought his touts to our city to rubbish the bit of sanity we had left.

Next thing, I'll drive into Wuse market and find Seunmsg by the entrance, harassing bolt drivers over parking tickets.

Better relocate to panteka
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by Bendeco2020: 11:26am On Sep 13, 2023
They will see shege in Abj, they should prepare to be moving around with military men for protection.

Abuja is dominated by Igbos and Northerners, not yoruba land.

I trust Igbo traders to cut their cone heads if they do any how. Hausa bike men kills them normally in lagos, they will suyanise them in mass here.

9 Likes

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by TongueTwista(m): 11:27am On Sep 13, 2023
searchng4love:

Better relocate to panteka

I have no business in any of the Pantekas, whether in Niger state, Kaduna or here in Abuja. So I have no reasons to be going there.

Your attempt at sarcasm is puerile and nauseating.

2 Likes

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by Fejoku: 11:28am On Sep 13, 2023
Yorubas have moved their agberoism and terrorism from Lagos to Abuja. Abuja was once peaceful before the god of agberos was rigged in as president. Now, his boys have moved into Abuja to terrorise it. I hope it won't escalate more than this.

4 Likes

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by Bendeco2020: 11:29am On Sep 13, 2023
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by Ofunaofu: 11:30am On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:

So you mean seunmsg is the agbero in charge of wuse market entrance

6 Likes

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by TongueTwista(m): 11:42am On Sep 13, 2023
Ofunaofu:

So you mean seunmsg is the agbero in charge of wuse market entrance

Over the last three months, the transport arm of AMAC which has it office located just a small walk from the Wuse market exit gate, has seen a worrisome influx of Yorubas and they've succeeded in dominating daily affairs within the axis, harassing even private vehicle owners, simply because they're uneducated enough to believe every Toyota corolla or small Camry or small Honda Civic is running bolt services, as is the case in Lagos.

Sometime last month, I cleared just after the traffic light by the Wuse market junction so I could properly attend to a phone call and one dark looking Omoale with tobacco stained teeth rushed to my door, trying to force it open, even when it was obvious I had engaged the central lock mechanism. I had to wind down a bit to enquire as to the reason for the unruly behaviour, and the animal was breathing into my air condition in Yoruba and bad English, telling me I had to open the door so he comes in to take me into their office for parking there to pick a passenger.

I was so livid! Not only was I upset by the usual Wuse traffic junction noise and dust, his mouth odour was an unbearable anomaly. And his stupendous audacity to be yanking at my door handle made me feel like putting him to sleep with a punch. I just swallowed hard, ignored him and wound back up. So there'll be no surprise if the Seun guy features in the list of NURTW elements to be relocated to Abuja.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by seunmsg(m): 11:48am On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:

Over the last three months, the transport arm of AMAC which has it office located just a small walk from the Wuse market exit gate, has seen a worrisome influx of Yorubas and they've succeeded in dominating daily affairs within the axis, harassing even private vehicle owners, simply because they're uneducated enough to believe every Toyota corolla or small Camry or small Honda Civic is running bolt services, as is the case in Lagos.

Sometime last month, I cleared just after the traffic light by the Wuse market junction so I could properly attend to a phone call and one dark looking Omoale with tobacco stained teeth rushed to my door, trying to force it open, even when it was obvious I had engaged the central lock mechanism. I had to wind down a bit to enquire as to the reason for the unruly behaviour, and the animal was breathing into my air condition in Yoruba and bad English, telling me I had to open the door so he comes in to take me into their office for parking there to pick a passenger.

I was so livid! Not only was I upset by the usual Wuse traffic junction noise and dust, his mouth odour was an unbearable anomaly. And his stupendous audacity to be yanking at my door handle made me feel like putting him to sleep with a punch. I just swallowed hard, ignored him and wound back up. So there'll be no surprise if the Seun guy features in the list of NURTW elements to be relocated to Abuja.

What an interesting story. When are you posting the part 2?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by mymadam(m): 11:58am On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:
.... Na to just move go my Kaduna crib . Not in for all this nonsense!
Please don't go, please stay. Na beg I dey beg o ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by TongueTwista(m): 11:59am On Sep 13, 2023
seunmsg:

What an interesting story. When are you posting the part 2?

Trust me, I have enough of such experiences to create a tv series. I explore every city I reside in, even if just for a year.

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by TongueTwista(m): 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
mymadam:

Please don't go, please stay. Na beg I dey beg o ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ ๐Ÿ˜‚

No beg me๐Ÿ˜ข!
I have to leave.

Not only do we have to put up with Tinubu's touts in Abuja, Wike is now adding his Obio-Akpor and Eleme misfits in the mix๐Ÿ˜‚.

By this time next year, Abuja is going to be the headquarters of agberos.

3 Likes

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by Jostoman: 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
The part one strategy has ended by using agbede to collect power from baruwa,

Part two strategy have just started with the move to remove both Agbede and baruwa loyalist from their chairman position and install him men before next election when agbede himself will be relegated.

Wetin even concern me with Agbero matter self
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2023
Tinubu is the one causing problem in Nigeria by certifying a thug as nurtw as national chairman.No wonder Lagos State parks and garages committee has been disbanded and replaced with NURTW.Another southwest bandits will soon emerge

DSS will turn a blind eye.

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by KillahPriest: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2023
This is very shameful. Abuja has finally been reduced to ghetto status like Lagos undecided
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by Jostoman: 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
Revolution2022:
Tinubu is the one causing problem in Nigeria by certifying a thug as nurtw as national chairman.No wonder Lagos State parks and garages committee has been disbanded and replaced with NURTW.Another southwest bandits will soon emerge
So you think it is MC that is controlling security agent to fight all these battle for him? Na power from above now.

2 Likes

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by KillahPriest: 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:

this is what we have been suffering in Lagos for years cry It's a very pathetic situation
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by OneCandleAway(f): 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:

The think about abuja is people try to respect themselves because you don't know ow who you're talking to. Imagine an agbero coming to talk shit to one governors child or ministers child. Abuja residents should really speak up or they will import lagos agberos to abuja to be collecting money
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by TongueTwista(m): 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2023
OneCandleAway:

The think about abuja is people try to respect themselves because you don't know ow who you're talking to. Imagine an agbero coming to talk shit to one governors child or ministers child. Abuja residents should really speak up or they will import lagos agberos to abuja to be collecting money

Lagos touts are already in Abuja.

Garki market entrance. Wuse market axis. Gudu junction. Banex junction. Jabi motor park. Mabushi interchange that connects to Wuse express. Galadimawa roundabout. Games village roundabout. Jahi 1 junction. And a handful of other places.

And the good thing about Abuja residents as you've rightly spelt out, they're not in the habit of plenty "owomida" noise. Already, a keke rider stabbed a Yoruba ticket agent at Dogon Gada junction weeks ago. Next thing you'll hear, abokis will start shooting and stabbing Yoruba touts randomly.

Na just small provocation remain!

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by OneCandleAway(f): 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:

Garki market entrance. Wuse market axis. Gudu junction. Banex junction. Jabi motor park. Mabushi interchange that connects to Wuse express. Galadimawa roundabout. Games village roundabout. Jahi 1 junction. And a handful of other places.

And the good thing about Abuja residents as you've rightly spelt out, they're not in the habit of plenty "owomida" noise. Already, a keke rider stabbed a Yoruba ticket agent at Dogon Gada junction weeks ago. Next thing you'll hear, abokis will start shooting and stabbing Yoruba touts randomly.

I mean look at those hausa they chose honest work despite the poor background. Okada riding, selling fruit, mai ruwa, keke nape, e.t.c to make a living. They are not like lazy yoruba touts at every bus stop collecting money. They think they can intimidate the hausa the way they do in lagos? Hausa that their leaders defend the poor okada and keke men unlike southern leaders. ..
Abuja people should really find a way to do something. And Abuja is known for cheap transport fare because no unnecessary levy is bring paid unlike lagos. These agbero will increase the money for transportation

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by aderadio1: 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
OneCandleAway:

I mean look at those hausa they chose honest work despite the poor background. Okada riding, selling fruit, mai ruwa, keke nape, e.t.c to make a living. They are not like lazy yoruba touts at every bus stop collecting money. They think they can intimidate the hausa the way they do in lagos? Hausa that their leaders defend the poor okada and keke men unlike southern leaders. ..
Abuja people should really find a way to do something. And Abuja is known for cheap transport fare because no unnecessary levy is bring paid unlike lagos. These agbero will increase the money for transportation
Nothing will happen, we control the two cities that matter in Nigeria for the next eight years. Hausa will bow when SC validate our mandate.
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by TongueTwista(m): 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Lol.

Abuja residents don't bother making noise over things like this. Just leave the "along" taxi drivers and keke guys to handle the touts.

If VIO and Abuja Police can respect themselves enough on express roads, who be Tinubu touts? Those gbagyi guys will stab-stab their necks and stomachs in this city, and the funny part is, no single Aboki is going to be arrested for it.

Apo mechanic village, Gudu materials market and Dei-dei market have long been dominated by the Hausas and Igbos. They've coexisted peacefully and done their spare parts businesses with no qualms. Yorubas are suddenly diluting the mix and the atmosphere is already changing.

There was a huge fight inside the building materials section of the gudu market quite recently, between a hausa shop owner and a Yoruba businessman who recently moved to the environment. The latter went out to call his fellow "Omoluabis" to go and fight inside Gudu. The kind of beatings they all collected was enough to put Floyd Mayweather and Anthony Joshua in coma. Market association even suspended the bastard Yoruba man for bringing external bodies into the disagreement instead of taking his complains to the administrative body.

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by Wisereborn: 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
The power Tinubu's government have given to MC Oluomo, I hope they will not cry Igbos when he uses it against them undecided

Bookmark this page ooo
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by aderadio1: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:

Why did you not write your epistle when Bihari was incharge and fulanis were recking havoc everywhere?
Jagaban is the master. After Abuja, onitcha will follow.
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by EmirofAfonjaz: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
Sophisticated SW politics ...

Gathering of worthless people that have desecrated the seat of power with Agbero nomenclature.

The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.. grin

Shameless pigs and piglets...spits cool
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by EmirofAfonjaz: 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
They will die in Onitsha. cool

aderadio1:
Why did you not write your epistle when Bihari was incharge and fulanis were recking havoc everywhere?
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by TongueTwista(m): 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
aderadio1:

Buhari respected himself in this city. Every single President who's ever sat in Aso rock since 1999 has been careful enough to handle Abuja residents with caution. I'm not saying it to waste words, you can find out for yourself.

Your Iragbiji drug lord will do himself much good to behave well. The secrets of all Nigerian politicians are buried between Abuja and Angwa-Rimi in Kaduna. So this your empty noise counts for nothing.
Re: Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash by Christistruth00: 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
Mc Oluomo faction is not involved in the Abuja fight at all

Stop fake News

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hug Love From The Crowd To Peter Obi As He Commissions Labour Party House / It's Yoruba Time To Be Attacked By Headless Mob. / Should The EFCC Screen All Political Candidates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.