Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! (4349 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai / Ahmed Musa Ibeto, Niger Deputy Governor Ejected Out Of Government House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by monkeyleg: 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2011
Which Airport? that glorified motor-park that cost in excess of 40BN, and is still not finished?
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by doctokwus: 10:33pm On Oct 18, 2011
Left,right,centre,u see people not fit enough to rule their families lord it over us,they are brainless,clueless glorified thugs made worse by d fact that they have no desire to do good.Its not only Uduaghan;Orji in Abia,Silva in Bayelsa are particularly men who shd b millions of miles away frm d governorship of any state.They are fit for d deepest dungeons known and unknown to men;these are men unworthy of staying near where decent human beins live
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by Abagworo(m): 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2011
doctokwus:

Left,right,centre,u see people not fit enough to rule their families lord it over us,they are brainless,clueless glorified thugs made worse by d fact that they have no desire to do good.Its not only Uduaghan;Orji in Abia,Silva in Bayelsa are particularly men who shd b millions of miles away frm d governorship of any state.They are fit for d deepest dungeons known and unknown to men;these are men unworthy of staying near where decent human beins live

Thank you my brother.My prayer is for Timi Alaibe to win Bayelsa.Even though Timi has a whole lot of flaws, he has that zeal to make name in Bayelsa.Voting Silva Again will be the worst mistake ever by Bayelsans who have witnessed nothing positive since Alamiesiegha was set up and disgraced out.He remains a hero in Bayelsa till the next 100 years.As for Delta, I think they tried protesting the election rigging but Abia is total zero.I do not even know if there exists any election petition in Abia.
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by Demdem(m): 8:15am On Oct 19, 2011
Abagworo:

Thank you my brother.My prayer is for Timi Alaibe to win Bayelsa.Even though Timi has a whole lot of flaws, he has that zeal to make name in Bayelsa.[b]Voting Silva Again will be the worst mistake ever by Bayelsans who have witnessed nothing positive since Alamiesiegha was set up and disgraced out.[/b]He remains a hero in Bayelsa till the next 100 years.As for Delta, I think they tried protesting the election rigging but Abia is total zero.I do not even know if there exists any election petition in Abia.

Wait a minute. GEJ was also the governor of that state in-between>>>>>>>>
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by kels2much(m): 8:34am On Oct 19, 2011
Its such a pity dat a state so endowed is wallowing in shambles
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by gascoign1(m): 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2011
After reading all the comments,am happy for once that ppl are beginning to see the light,we Deltans had the chance to change the PDP but we allow touts like Ayeri and co to manipulate elections and INEC officials. In the same warri, uduaghan won the 3 local government with landslide. we could have changed things earlier instead of campaigning after election.

I live in Asaba AND I can tell that asaba is worst considering that fact that its the capital with just generator powered street lights and giant screen to show for,drainage system is zero,electricity is below zero and state hospitals are just mere structures,yet we celebrate this bastards when they do a single project, its a shame am a Deltan
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by IGBINI: 6:05am On Oct 20, 2011
Hello, beloved Deltans and Nigerians, I quite appreciate your comments concerning roads in our dear Delta State. It is a statement of fact that almost all roads in Nigeria are in very terrible state that can be rightly described as death traps but what is more important to mention here is that some of the major roads being complained about in Delta State are owned, built and expected to be regularly maintained by the Federal Government of Nigeria using Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA), NDDC, Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, the multinational oil companies, NNPC and other Joint Venture partners as part of their Corporate Social Responsibilities to Deltans where they derived their Wealth.

For the benefit of doubt, I wish to draw our attention to Part 1 of the 2nd Schedule of the Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria (EXCLUSIVE LEGISLATIVE LIST), Item 11, which states: “CONSTRUCTION, ALTERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF SUCH ROADS AS MAY BE DECLARED BY THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY TO BE FEDERAL TRUNK ROADS” shall be the exclusive responsibility of Federal Government of Nigeria. Examples of such roads in Delta State state are : AGBOR-EFFURUN, EKU-AMUKPE, NPA EXPRESSWAY, EFFURUN-DSC ROAD, ASABA-UGHELLI, BENIN-NPA and some of others linking our Communities.

As regard the roads constructed and expected to be regularly maintained by the Delta State Govt, we sincerely apologise to beloved Deltans and Nigerians for the very bad state of majority of these roads that have brought us pains and sorrows but I assure us that Gov. Uduaghan through Delta State Direct Labour Agency (DLA) and Ministry of Works, is determined more than ever before to put an end to this sad trend and to return to the good old days of the early 1970s where our beloved Uncle, Dr Samuel Ogbemudia (then military Governor of Bendel State) built world class roads like Enerhen Jnc-NPA, Upper and Lower Erejuwa Roads and others in Warri, in very challenging and very difficult swampy terrains but that are still in very good state and would last for another 30years and yet no single kobo has been injected into them for maintenance, This is the kind of Road Revolution Governor Uduaghan through Delta State Direct Labour Agency (DLA) under my humble leadership and collaborating with Delta State Ministry of Works, FERMA, NDDC, DESOPADEC and other reasonable and responsive Multinational Companies operating in Delta State.

It is very sad to see companies like NNPC, SHELL, CHEVRON-TEXACO and others allow roads leading to and conveying their employees and goods to and from their companies get to such deplorable state that have now also become death traps and easy hideout for people to attack and rob or kidnap their staff and members of the public. Where therefore lies their Corporate Social Responsibilities to their employees and our people and Delta State? They should please spare me the excuse that they pay their taxes to the Federal and Delta State Governments and therefore are not responsible anymore to Delta State.

May I state here that whereas Delta State Government is committed to rehabilitating our roads but DLA, has also resolved not to bow to pressure to carry out such rehabilitation works during this heavy raining seasons as this will only amount to waste and misappropriation of scare Public Funds and precious time. What we are doing right now across our Delta State is filling with Slag and Local Stones, some of the seriously failed section of some of our major link roads to make them only passable while the shallow potholes scattered all over but which are not so "critical" though inconveniencing, will be addressed holistically during dry season. By GOD's grace in few weeks from now, (Dry Season in November), when we intend to commence total Rehabilitation, Reconstruction and Construction of our roads using the best engineering practices.

Governor Uduaghan says, :Deltans have suffered enough, Deltans have lost their precious lives enough! Enough is Enough!" He believes and acknowledges strongly that provision of good and safe motorable roads is the Moral and Constitutional Rights of our People and not Privilege.

Finally, I appeal to Deltans to continue to draw our attention to Roads that Delta State Government is not paying attention to but more importantly, please kindly show us love by appreciating and publicizing any good step taken by government as that encourages us. Please beloved Deltans should also try to focus on Contractors that are awarded contracts and paid and yet they either deliver poor jobs or do not deliver at all but go about castigating government when they are no longer allowed to continue with their wrong ways. We must expose them not minding whether they are our fathers, mothers, husbands, wives, sisters, brothers, friends, etc.

Remember, we owe our nation's Heroes past, our generation and generation yet-unborn and GOD ALMIGHTY a Duty to do what is Right. We should also remember that no amount of money we steal while in Government or Public Service will be enough to guaranty us Peace and Security while we deprive millions of others BELOVED CITIZENS, good life or atleast, the basic needs of life. Many before us tried to steal public funds hoping it will guaranty a secured and prosperous future for their children while they are dead and gone, but today the fact we know is that most of their children are in worse situation today. Acquiring and amassing wealth is like chasing after the wind. It is all VANITY UPON VANITY. We came to this world, naked, we shall all go back naked and face GOD ALMIGHTY for judgement. Let us pause and reflect deeply and sincerely about our lives and our daily actions, for this moment may be our last.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL, GOD BLESS NIGERIA, GOD BLESS DELTA STATE. AMEN.

Comrade IGBINI ODAFE EMMANUEL (Engr)
Director General, Delta State Direct Labour Agency (DLA),
First and Only Nigerian to voluntarily submit to EFCC and ICPC for probe.
email : eigbini@yahoo.com
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by UYCO: 6:33am On Oct 20, 2011
Dear Comrade Igbini, you have found yourself at the wrong place, Uduaghan will not give you money to work.
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by efisher(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2011
Information reaching me has it that Shell has just fixed the failed portions close to its offices. What effort has the state government made so far?

What about the insecurity? Does the government need to wait for the dry season to fight crime?
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by IGBINI: 2:46am On Oct 21, 2011
SHELL DID NOT FIX this failed section by Eagle Roundabout leading in and out of its Ogunu-Warri Main Office Complex and its top Management/Expatriates Residential Quarters also at Ogunu-Warri. More disturbing is that fact that this failed section is also just beside its Perimeter Fence which is the reason I initially declined the Appeal from Governor Uduaghan to me, to carryout repair of this spot. The whole moral truth is that I personally led and worked with my team of Road Maintenance Engineers and Technicians in DLA to fix this failed spot since SHELL refused to act for reason best known its management.

We carried out this remedial work on Thursday September 22, 2011 and completed it on Saturday, September 24, 2011. In case of doubt, the full video recording of this operation is available. It was the same period DLA carried out similar works on the failed spots next to this, by Ajumuogha Roundabout and Kosini Junction by Airport Road. The next day, Sunday, September 25, 2011, as early as 6:30am and under heavy rain, my team and I moved to Airport Junction Roundabout where we reduced the size of the roundabout to ease traffic congestion on the very very busy Effurun-Warri F.G Road. We worked all through that day till about 8:30pm. This is also recorded on Video and the management of API Petrol Station and other petty traders by this roundabout can testify to this. These video recording are available and we challenge SHELL and or anyone, to prove us, otherwise.

What is most annoying is that while the few “masses” who rarely ply this SHELL-Ogunu Road stopped to wave at us in appreciation of our intervention, this VIP SHELL top management staff drove in their chauffeur-driven Limousines looking at us like idiots and few even splashed the smelling pool of water at the spot, on us. They treated us like animals. It was painful but we have to ignore them for the interest of the affected Deltans. It was even a concerned and caring sister of Delta State who bought us food from a FAST food joint nearby in appreciation. This is not because we had no money to provide food for ourselves but we gladly accepted hers because it was worth more than a billion naira from the likes of SHELL management.

For the record, DLA in the last two months under heavy rains, has also carried out some other minor remedial works on ENERHEN MOTEL Junction, ENERHEN BYPASS Road, Enerhen Road by Cocacola, Udu Rd; Orhuworun Road; Ovie Palace Road, Effurun; JEDDO, Ogume-Kwale Road; Old Lagos Road, Agbor; Udu-Ughelli highway, Ogborikoko by Poloko Market, Giwa Amu Street, Avenue by Idama Hotel, Warri; NNPC Bypass Road by Airport Road, Warri; Ughelli-Asaba F.G Road by Iyede Junction, Otowvodo Junction on Ughelli-Asaba F.G Road, Ezenei Road Asaba, Traffic Light Junction, Asaba, Old Awai Road Asaba and few others. All this are recorded on Video for anyone in doubt to see.

Frankly, it is my policy that we need not come talk about these minor repairs in the Media because they are just too minor operations undertaken just to make some of our major link roads passable and to reduce the level of pains on beloved road users. We have not commenced our constitutional mandate to Construct, Rehabilitate, Maintain and Reinstate roads built, owned and taken over from F.G by Delta State Government because we are in raining season and it will be professionally wrong to embark on quality road maintenance using ASPHALT as expected. If we do so, it will amount to deliberate and calculated waste and misappropriation of scare public funds and a waste of precious man-hours.

We sincerely appreciate the anger expressed by our beloved people of Delta State and the general public but we appeal for a little more patience until prayerful, we get into the dry season in few weeks from now, by the special and only grace of GOD ALMIGHTY, the Creator and Controller of the Universe. The ALMIGHTY GOD that has the sole power to change and determine the Seasons and Weather Conditions including the now dreaded Climate Change. We remain faithful in him that he will forgive us our sins and give us dry season soonest to allow Delta State Government move in with full force to commence the execution of her ROAD REVOLUTION AGENDA, 2012.

Once more, GOD BLESS YOU ALL, GOD BLESS DELTA STATE, GOD BLESS NIGERIA. AMEN.

Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by otokx(m): 4:21pm On Oct 21, 2011
@Igbini

nice information; don't think Uduaghan is as bad as people paint him.
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by monkeyleg: 5:20pm On Oct 21, 2011
@Otokx,

Uduaghan is far worse than what people potray him.

By the way should Mr Igini becoming on here to justify work that his department (assuming it is a goverment department) has been paid for. Does excellence need to be justified, if such a good job was being done, it would have been obvious to everyone. How many of us actually come on here seeking praise for the work we are paid for. This can only exist in a country that has no standards or morals to look up to.

Sorry Mr Igini, this is your job and we that tax payers of Delta state pay your salary and that of your master, and really if you both were under my direct employment, I would have sacked you both a long time ago, so please dont come on here deceiving vulnerable poor Deltans seeking cheap praise
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by seanet02: 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2011
The worst governor in the universe
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by ThinkRait: 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2011
All the drainage channels in Warri are blocked and there are no drainages in Asaba. So I wonder how we expect the roads to last.

I advise Engr. Igbini to mobilise his men (or get the appropriate govt agency) to clear all the drains in Warri.
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by ektbear: 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2011
I don't understand why this Engr Igbini is trying to push all the blame onto Shell.

Seems like he is looking for a scapegoat.

Unless Shell somehow suddenly became responsible for maintaining all the roads in Delta State
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by igboboy1(m): 12:23am On Oct 22, 2011
I weep for my home state, SHell has all but left Warri, No investments men, that place na ghost town even asaba wan come dey compete with warri for population,

Edjeba estate has been sold and they are selling pretty much all their assets in warri cos they want to focus offshore and in PH,

Ekpan, Jakpa, enerhen, airport road, okere, Udu are all a mess, WARRI NA WA
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by IGBINI: 7:11am On Oct 22, 2011
Hi, my beloved, thx for all your reactions.

MONEYLEG, please I am not seeking “Praises” because as far as I am concerned, since I took up this TOUGH ASSIGNMENT as D.G, Delta State Direct Labour Agency, (August 10, 2011) we have not carried out any work that can be linked to our Constitutional Mandate that will justify us going publicly to announce let alone celebrate as U try to make it look. Far, far from it.
I am a media friend for over a decade running now but I have decided to temporarily shy away from my media friends because there is not to be reported that DLA under my humble leadership has achieved in terms of road construction, rehabilitation, maintenance and reinstatement because of the rains. As a Masters Degree Holder in Engineering and my over 12 years working experience with elf petroleum nig. Ltd now Total Upstream, in oil and gas production dept, I cannot reduce myself to a embarrassing level of D.G of Potholes Patching Agency. That will be insulting me and my highly respected engineering profession and my hard earned engineering Degrees.
Let me state unequivocally that Delta State DLA is not Potholes Patching Agency (PPA) but an Agency created by LAW No. 1 of Delta State, 1999 by the Delta State House of Assembly with mandate to: (Rehabilitate, Construct, Reinstate, Maintain, and monitor the execution of roads construction in Delta State). To this end, I am very proud to announce that that DLA has assembly of very experienced and qualified Nigerian Professionals in the field of road construction/maintenance and maintenance of Heavy Duty Road Construction Equipment. We boast of three ASPHALT Production Plants of 350 tons/hr Production Capacity and Equipment. Since the inception of DLA in the year 2000, DLA has constructed many roads of acceptable engineering standard and carried out maintenance of some others. However, we are and remain indeed sincerely apologetic for our failure to deliver on our full Mandate as expected by LAW and beloved our people. On bended knees, we beg for your forgiveness. We shall sin no more.

However, I needed to respond to some of our comments inorder to provide us, (beloved Deltans and the general public) with vital information to correct lots of misinformation and some very regrettable and sad cases, deliberate distortion of facts by some of us, “opposition” political parties or groups even within the PDP itself.

I here only tried to place the facts on the table as it concerns further information given by our beloved (Mr/Mrs/Miss)EFISHER to the effect that “Information reaching me has it that Shell has just fixed the failed portions close to its offices. What effort has the state government made so far?”. Are Deltans not constitutionally entitled to Right to access to CORRECT INFORMATION regarding how their Commonwealth, Resources and Affairs are being managed by a few of us in government? Is it a crime for DLA to provide such information to our beloved people?

LET ME STATE AGAIN AND AGAIN, THAT SHELL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY NIG. LTD, DID NOT REPAIR THE FAILED SPOT ON EAGLE ROUNDABOUT, OGUNU-WARRI. Delta State Direct Labour Agency, did.

“CONSCIENCE IS AN OPEN WOUND, ONLY (MORAL) TRUTH CAN HEAL IT” – Mallam Uthman Dan Fodio.

Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by monkeyleg: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2011
Engr Dafe Igini,

I have npt questioned your qualification or experience, and I see no reason to. It is good that you have decide to communicate with the masses which you serve, and explain your position. However you must apprecaite the position of extremely dissapointed Deltans. It cannot be conceived that a state so Blessed and well funded every month, can be in a rottern state. It is BAD. At this stage of our development, we should not be talking about Patching of pot-holes, these things should just happen as a well run government should, but that is not the case. So please forgive our anger, if we find it somewhat insulting that fixing of pot-holes should make front page news.

By the way, your Oga is a Doctor, please can you comment on the state of the health sector in Delta state? So you see my friend, degrees and master count for nothing if you cannot put it into effective productive use. He may as well be selling APC in the local motor park chemist
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by Rhino5dm: 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2011
very annoying seeing a state sleeping on top billions of naira crying for help from shell. Though, not surprise with what that Engr is yapping , cos they do actually expect shell to cloth and feed them while stashing the collective wealth of Daltans away. Even Ibori is by far more visible in terms of development.

This is what you get when a state chooses to paying OBJ 2 billion naira monthly bribe in the bogus name of investment. Time will tell

@ Igbini or whatever
Why didn't you build roads and houses for Deltans while you are still at ELF? How convinient for you now to be heaping all your failures on shell,

ekt_bear:

I don't understand why this Engr Igbini is trying to push all the blame onto Shell.

Seems like he is looking for a scapegoat.

Unless Shell somehow suddenly became responsible for maintaining all the roads in Delta State
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by efisher(m): 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2011
Take a trip to nearby Benin City which has no Shell or Chevron and see what Oshiomhole has done there with his relatively meagre allocation within the same period. Not to mention what Amaechi is doing in PH. That is enough proof that Delta has become a victim of political ra.pe. Any governor with half a brain and a grain of concern should know better than to allow Warri deteriorate to its current state. Its a big shame on the governor and his team.
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by monkeyleg: 10:05am On Oct 23, 2011
@efisher,

even the governor knows he is a failure, but quite frankly doesnt give a damn. he openly boasts that he is wicked and people can have it that way. The man hasnt got what is takes to organise a drink-up in a beer palour let alone run a state that should have been relatively straightforward. Uduaghan and Ibori have been the main source of discontent in that state, and the sooner we see that back of them the better for every well meaning Deltan. let him just pack an go, all these his flat-screen tv, show-man politics is really pointless. I actually feel sorry for those good people who work within government and have to work under him
Re: There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! by Gbenge77(m): 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2011
Sorry about that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Australian Negotiator Insists Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika Sponsor Boko Haram - / It Is Either The Koran Or The Sword – ALIYU GWARZO / APC Ballot Papers Thrown Away In Akwa Ibom To Allow For PDPs Rigged Vote (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.