Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE (1966 Views)

TECNO, Honor And Others Voted Best Phones At The Mobile World Congress MWC2023 / Live Pictures From TECNO Debut At The Mobile World Congress (MWC2023) Barcelona / Meet The Man Who Invented The Internet For Free, Now He Is Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Reflect7: 7:32am On Sep 14, 2023
A black son of Africa invented the MOBILE PHONE all of you use today, while assuming it was a white man who invented it.

The mobile phone is just ONE of numerous inventions by blacks, such as refrigerators, light bulbs, blood banks, flushing toilets, touch-tone telephones, automatic gear shifts, traffic lights, and many others, falsely attributed to white people.

Meet the Black Inventor Who Created the First Digital Cell Phone

JESSE EUGENE RUSSEL

Many people attribute the invention of the smartphone to Europeans, but in fact, the first digital cell phone was invented by an African American man named Jesse Eugene Russell.

Russell was born on April 26, 1948, in Nashville, Tennessee. His family lived in a very poor and socially deprived part of Nashville. Fortunately, he got the opportunity to attend a summer education program at Fisk University and he did exceptional. Then, he moved on to study electrical engineering at Tennesse State University. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE). In 1973, Russell went further in his academic achievements to obtain a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) from Standford University.

While Russell was working as an engineer at AT&T-Bell Laboratories in 1988, he created the concept for the wireless digital phone and communication. At the time, mobile devices were mainly used in vehicles, so Russell designed a cell phone that could transmit signals between handsets and cell phone towers. Doing so would make mobile phones more handy and also more affordable. In a statement, Russell once said, "Most of the time people are not in their cars. I said, 'Well that seems like an easy problem to solve, right? Why don't we just take the phones out of the car and put them on the people.'"

Russell is responsible for other innovations in the field of wireless communications systems. He also created a company based in New Jersey called incNETWORKS Inc, a broadband wireless communication system that focuses on 4G broadband wireless communications technologies, networks and services.

https://www.blackhistory.com/2019/11/jesse-eugene-russell-black-inventor-who-created-digital-cell-phone.html#:~:text=Many%20people%20attribute%20the%20invention,socially%20deprived%20part%20of%20Nashville.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by TemplarLandry: 7:38am On Sep 14, 2023
There's nothing like ā€œblackā€ or ā€œwhiteā€ man.
You simply say an African or African American man.

What y'all erroneously call ā€œwhiteā€ is actually Caucasian or ā€œPinkā€.

4 Likes

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Reflect7: 7:46am On Sep 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:

Story.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Westerhoffe(m): 8:05am On Sep 14, 2023
I once listened to a white lady saying they copied most of these inventions from the blacksā€¦ now I am convinced she was right.

3 Likes

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Quintessence44: 8:13am On Sep 14, 2023
This should be front page. cool
Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by chatinent: 8:25am On Sep 14, 2023
I know this from day one. Most of the inventions were from blacks or the blueprints but the jealous whites who claimed a white Jesus died for the sins of the black changed everything so they keep looking supreme over the blacks.

They want Africa to always be in ruins so that unity will be a passlock no one will ever have its password. Evident of what they allow in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Flangelo12: 10:24am On Sep 14, 2023
Only a dunce would believe this.

2 Likes

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by thesicilian: 11:01am On Sep 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:

Wait until a crime is involved then you'll know whether you're black or white

2 Likes

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Starboytwo(m): 11:21am On Sep 14, 2023
Westerhoffe:
I once listened to a white lady saying they copied most of these inventions from the blacksā€¦ now I am convinced she was right.
which black, Abeg, no dey console yourself.

1 Like

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by ednut1(m): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2023
Westerhoffe:
yes they copied gun and cannon from us while our ancestors were using bow and arrow. They copied ships from us while our ancestors were using canoe, they copied airplanes from us while we used mop sticks to fly, they copied space crafts from us too. Reduce the colos

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by ednut1(m): 11:35am On Sep 14, 2023
All these black historians and lies ehn. That was how they said Philip Emeagwali created computers šŸ¤£

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Domistar5(f): 11:38am On Sep 14, 2023
ednut1:
All these black historians and lies ehn. That was how they said Philip Emeagwali created computers šŸ¤£

Philip Emeageali didn't create a computer. He actually invented the Fastest Computer.

2 Likes

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by BlackAdam65: 11:51am On Sep 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:

race is completely useless

2 Likes

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by ednut1(m): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
Domistar5:

Philip Emeageali didn't create a computer. He actually invented the Fastest Computer.
https://saharareporters.com/2010/10/18/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-his-way-fame

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Quintessence44: 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2023
ednut1:
yes they copied gun and cannon from us while our ancestors were using bow and arrow. They copied ships from us while our ancestors were using canoe, they copied airplanes from us while we used mop sticks to fly, they copied space crafts from us too. Reduce the colos

You are an ignorant fool with zero knowledge of your history. You donā€™t even know who ā€œyour ancestorsā€ are. Better go and study your history and learn how your ancestors CIVILISED THE WORLD. Ignorant mumu.

Funny how in America, a little black kid knows that Africans discovered the Americas thousands of years before Colombus, based on archeological discoveries and historical accounts, while an AFRICAN DUNCE AND AIR HEAD like you thinks his ancestors only had canoe.

Hopeless dummy.

2 Likes

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Purvan(m): 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2023
ednut1:

Agbadorian

1 Like

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Quintessence44: 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
Flangelo12:
Only a dunce would believe this.

What is your problem?

Is your brainwashed to feel inferior head unable to accept black ingenuity?

Pitiful creature.

1 Like

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by ednut1(m): 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
Quintessence44:

You are an ignorant fool with zero knowledge of your history. You donā€™t even know who ā€œyour ancestorsā€ are. Better go and study your history and learn how your ancestors CIVILISED THE WORLD. Ignorant mumu.

Funny how in America, a little black kid knows that Africans discovered the Americas thousands of years before Colombus, based on archeological discoveries and historical accounts, while an AFRICAN DUNCE AND AIR HEAD like you thinks his ancestors only had canoe.

Hopeless dummy.
discovered America The people who lived there like the Aztecs, inuits etc didnā€™t discover it Who do una this kind thing šŸ¤£

5 Likes

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Westerhoffe(m): 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
ednut1:

Starboytwo:
which black, Abeg, no dey console yourself.

I'm being serious hereā€¦
Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by ednut1(m): 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
Westerhoffe:

I'm being serious hereā€¦
the things I mentioned. Did they copy it from us Answer
Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Westerhoffe(m): 12:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
ednut1:
the things I mentioned. Did they copy it from us Answer

And I didn't see where I stated the quoted aforementionedā€¦
Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by ednut1(m): 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
Westerhoffe:

And I didn't see where I stated the quoted aforementionedā€¦
the assertion is false. Although there are many black American inventors whose white masters stole or patented their inventions. But truth is before they met black peoples that have been creating and inventing things. The British / Americans were able to conquer most of the world with superior technology like guns, canons, gun ships, cargo ships then later warships, fighter jets, atomic bombs, drones etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Eriggs: 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2023
ednut1:
Lol šŸ˜ƒ

1 Like

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Eriggs: 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2023
Funny šŸ˜

1 Like

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by kolawolemonsuru: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
Mugu
Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by izonborn098(m): 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2023
Really?
Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by ambitiouschap17: 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
Don't bring this A.A shit here.

2 Likes

Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by OKUCHI11(m): 4:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
I nor tell you say Black people useless... Small thing dem don turn am to tribal war
Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Quintessence44: 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
ambitiouschap17:
Don't bring this A.A shit here.

African Americans invented MANY MANY THINGS.

And we will talk about them.

If you canā€™t stand it, go and eat cow shiit.
Re: A Black Man Invented The Mobile Phone. Meet Him HERE by Flangelo12: 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
Quintessence44:

You stupid dummy with no brain.

Are you actually disputing the FACT that a black man invented the cellphone?

Why donā€™t you present contrary information based on research instead of this self hating vomit you are typing?

Itā€™s no oneā€™s fault that you are drowned in racial inferiority complex.

Shut up you maggot.

Nobody, I insist no single person can lay claim to inventing the mobile phone.

You think such innovations are carried out by a single scientist in a laboratory?

Dumbass, some of us have sojourned and worked institutes and we know how these things work.

In any case, I remember perhaps 6 years ago, I watched a full length documentary on the evolution of the cellphone from its humble beginnings on a KLM flight.

You guys are too wrapped in your own inferiority that you don't even know some fights make you look daft.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Videos For My Phone: / Been Browsn 4 Free Since Yesterday! / Zain's Best Customers: Good News!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.