Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA (9473 Views)

Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu / Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu / Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by MissLeslie(m): 8:10am On Sep 14, 2023
YoungLionken:
You have no idea the huge and fat money those guys are making through there, especially the illegal ones; drugs and weapons specifically..

Naira Marley, Obi Cubana, E-Money, Mc-Oluomo, Skibii, to mention a few..

I don't know about you but I have deleted all Naira Marley's (the drug lord and teenagers' abuser) useless songs from my phone..

RIP Mohbad(your songs on repeat)💔...
U can hate anybody but never say what is not clear to you, can you swear that all this happen between them. Am not there fan, infact I don't listen to Nigeria hip noise call music.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by Kingozymandias(m): 8:13am On Sep 14, 2023
obyno82:

That is really not the issue. Which neighbouring countries are they referring to? Is it Benin or Togo or Chad. We all know Chad gets their shipping easily and cost effectively from Cameroon, if Nigeria were sincere and strategic ot wojld have been the development of Eastern ports to offer competitive services to Chad so that it will be cheaper using rail from PH and Calabar to Chad. It is sad that they have refused to expand d and dredge these ports to allow for shipping. It is rather too costly to ship from Lagos to Chad, already Niger is out of the equation, so which neighbouring country are they referring to?

You know how you Kafirs are ! Just lies upon lies 🤣🤣🤣
Propaganda is the way of Kafirs so I am sure this is all false

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by EdiskyHarry: 8:20am On Sep 14, 2023
Nice one from Lagos.
I wish my state government can learn from all these States.
Building, stadiums, worship centers, happy hour, 20 lanes road will never improve the lives of people in a State, but investing on things that will provide high rate of employment, produce wealth and improve the standard of living should be seen as the ultimate.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by JuanDeDios: 8:20am On Sep 14, 2023
YoungLionken:
You have no idea the huge and fat money those guys are making through there, especially the illegal ones; drugs and weapons specifically..

I don't know about you but I have deleted all Naira Marley's (the drug lord and teenagers' abuser) useless songs from my phone..

Abasi ke nyon! Lord have mercy! I hope Naira gets what he deserves if all this is true.
Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by adelekeolu(m): 8:21am On Sep 14, 2023
was it Nigerian government that develop the lekki deep seaport? when you keep celebrating people like obi against people like BOLA that had the vision of Lekki deep seaport, lekki free trade zone, eko Atlantic, Blue and red rail line and many others however, the doth circle nation is land lock but states like DELTA, RIVERS should replicates Bolas visions in their states
obyno82:

That is really not the issue. Which neighbouring countries are they referring to? Is it Benin or Togo or Chad. We all know Chad gets their shipping easily and cost effectively from Cameroon, if Nigeria were sincere and strategic ot wojld have been the development of Eastern ports to offer competitive services to Chad so that it will be cheaper using rail from PH and Calabar to Chad. It is sad that they have refused to expand d and dredge these ports to allow for shipping. It is rather too costly to ship from Lagos to Chad, already Niger is out of the equation, so which neighbouring country are they referring to?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by Alliswell248: 8:59am On Sep 14, 2023
NOC1:

Are you an importer?
For over 7 months now your goods don't stay more than 5 days in the port after the ship has docked. Processing is as fast as anything now, if you have an importer ask him.

You guys should stop saying what you don't know.

What do you expect from lazy People Party....mostly Ipob.
Enemy of Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by PHAYOL81: 9:18am On Sep 14, 2023
obyno82:

WITH this numerous advantages you cited for the establishment of EASTERN PORT (as you named it), why can't any of the eastern/Southernmost governors invested in one? Must it be FG to foot the whole bill?
THE SOUTH already have one approval for IBOM PORT established but since then, it's still this/that story. If you believe in its viability, invest in it. Stop demonizing the FG. LAGOS built Lekki port through PPP with FG having less than 20% investment in it but to you it must be FG responsibility when it comes to the EASTERN ports.
BY the way, FG has invested in ONNE port expansion and that's everything they've done on APAPA they inherited from the colonial era too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by obyno82: 10:23am On Sep 14, 2023
PHAYOL81:

WITH this numerous advantages you cited for the establishment of EASTERN PORT (as you named it), why can't any of the eastern/Southernmost governors invested in one? Must it be FG to foot the whole bill?
THE SOUTH already have one approval for IBOM PORT established but since then, it's still this/that story. If you believe in its viability, invest in it. Stop demonizing the FG. LAGOS built Lekki port through PPP with FG having less than 20% investment in it but to you it must be FG responsibility when it comes to the EASTERN ports.
BY the way, FG has invested in ONNE port expansion and that's everything they've done on APAPA they inherited from the colonial era too.

onne is not fit for large vessels, who told you that South east and South South governors have not tried lobbying? Ibaka deepsea port from the reliable information i got had been on the desk of Buhari for approval he kept playing them around but he hastily approved Lekki deep sea port.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by obyno82: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2023
adelekeolu:
was it Nigerian government that develop the lekki deep seaport? when you keep celebrating people like obi against people like BOLA that had the vision of Lekki deep seaport, lekki free trade zone, eko Atlantic, Blue and red rail line and many others however, the doth circle nation is land lock but states like DELTA, RIVERS should replicates Bolas visions in their states

Again you guys talk like kids and it is evident that you really don't know anything about Nigeria. Ibaka Deep sea port proposal had been on Buhari's desk throughout his 8 years he kept on foot dragging but now he quickly approved Lekki Deep sea port. See my guy there are a lot of things you do not know about this country, so when i see you guys talk i just laugh, because tribalism makes you people think skewed.
Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by PHAYOL81: 11:02am On Sep 14, 2023
obyno82:

onne is not fit for large vessels, who told you that South east and South South governors have not tried lobbying? Ibaka deepsea port from the reliable information i got had been on the desk of Buhari for approval he kept playing them around but he hastily approved Lekki deep sea port.

IS Ibom Deep Seaport not the one directed to be sited at Ibaka after the chinese investors courted demanded for better economical location?

danilho:
You guys will always find a way to blame FG for every failure of your state government. What happened to the one they got approval for.

DON'T mind them. They always find a way to blame others for their inefficiency. Pathetic lot.
IT will amaze to know that IBAKA was the same one later relocated to IBOM because the investors wanted more economical location. I was the one who mistakenly swaped the names of locations in previous post. They got approval for it but couldn't get it done.

obyno82:

That was sorted out, and the proposal was sent for FG approval and the president sat on it for 8 years.

NOTHING was sorted, check the internet. I mixed up the locations in my previous post. The project was the same. The govt picked IBAKA initially but investors demanded better location hence the arrival at IBOM. It got approval, but change in location degenerated to trouble between stakeholders and the investors were harrassed out of site.
AGAIN, it got approval!STOP DEMONIZING THE FG OVER PROPAGANDA.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by obyno82: 11:13am On Sep 14, 2023
PHAYOL81:

IS Ibom Deep Seaport not the one directed to be sited at Ibaka after the chinese investors courted demanded for better economical location?

That was sorted out, and the proposal was sent for FG approval and the president sat on it for 8 years.
Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by danilho(m): 11:45am On Sep 14, 2023
obyno82:

You guys will always find a way to blame FG for every failure of your state government. What happened to the one they got approval for.
Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by Obagreatdatoye(m): 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2023
YoungLionken:

Need full details... kindly post the completion of the story
Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by Ttipsy(f): 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2023
obyno82:

….
Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by lexy2014: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Good job. Ite si wa ju ipinle odua, lo jo wa loju

Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by lexy2014: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
NOC1:

Are you an importer?
For over 7 months now your goods don't stay more than 5 days in the port after the ship has docked. Processing is as fast as anything now, if you have an importer ask him.

You guys should stop saying what you don't know.

Then what is the man saying in d screenshot?

Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by NOC1(m): 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
lexy2014:

Then what is the man saying in the screenshot?
Did you bother to read the article, you would have seen the reason behind that.

Let me quote a paragraph for you.

"Adeniyi highlighted the framework as a significant step forward in sub-regional integration and trade facilitation efforts with peers from the neighbouring Benin Republic."

Most of you don't read, you guys make news from headline, it is too bad
Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by lexy2014: 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2023
NOC1:

Did you bother to read the article, you would have seen the reason behind that.

Let me quote a paragraph for you.

"Adeniyi highlighted the framework as a significant step forward in sub-regional integration and trade facilitation efforts with peers from the neighbouring Benin Republic."

Most of you don't read, you guys make news from headline, it is too bad

In the quote u shared, did it in anyway say that d use of Cotonou port is for the purpose of sub-regional integration or did it say that it will enhance sub-regional integration?

Are the purpose and consequence the same thing?
Re: Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA by Segzy19: 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
Ignorance is talking

Starships4u:
Dem never process Nigeria shipments dem dan de chook hand for another country own...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Approves State Of Emergency / The North Is Seriously Atikulating... Pictures / Terrorists Attack 16 Military Bases In 18 Months, Kill 800

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.