Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri (3084 Views)

Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? / Major Nzeogwu Broadcast On January 15th 1966 Military Coup / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by nairalanda1(m): 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2023
Reflect7:

Oh please forget this nonsense.

Any person who storms elected civilian leaders’ houses to shoot them is a SICK, EVIL, DEMENTED BEAST AND PSYCHOPATH.

These bastards started all the problems we have today in Nigeria.

The reason they shot them instead of arresting and trying them in court was because they had no evidence of all the corruption they were claiming was taking place. It was just narcissistic Igbos unable to accept non Igbo leaders at the helm. Simple and short.

Your so called patriot Nzeogwu did not see any corrupt IGBO leaders worth shooting since Igbo leaders were all angels.

Only Yoruba and Hausa leaders were corrupt.

Abeg make we hear something.

(Before I start, I am not here to play Igbos vs Yorubas , or here to fight any tribal war. If you think I am, you think wrong).

Well, there was corruption in the South East and tribalism then (note, I don't exclude any tribe, and I am not arguing for Ibos as you seem to think.).

Second, I'm not a fan of the 1966 coup. Like I said, Nzeogwu was very unwise, as were the other 4 majors. Anyone involved with that coup was wrong, evil and misguided. Keep that in mind.

THird, Nzeogwu's area of operation was in the North. Unless he was a magician, there was no way he would have been able to go south to kill Igbo leaders.

There was supposed to be someone who was responsible for the Eastern sector, who messed up, and failed in his duty (and caused the mass issues that everually led to the Pogroms and the July Coup and the civil war, among other things).

Infact Nzeogwu, in his final interview in 1967 stated quite boldly that they were supposed to wipe out the Igbo political class, but the guy in charge of the SE sector messed up and did not execute the coup.

EVEN THEN, that does not change the fact that the coup was treason, wrong and misguided. Simple. This is not about whose tribe suffered more or what. The coup was WRONG from the word go.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by nairalanda1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Its easy to blame everything on one man but if the country was not pretending to be united, that wouldn't have caused what followed.

The Igbos, Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani were never meant to be in the same country, it was a terrible idea. Even till now, its still a terrible idea to be together.

Well, with due respect, Somalia shows that having an ethnically 'pure' country does not necessarily guarantee peace and progress. Having an Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba country won't guarantee that each country would have peace and prosperity...or would be united. (The concept of a united Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo land is even a recent thing. Go back even 300 years ago, and Hausaland was made up of several kingdoms, Yourba land had an empire...of sorts...which was already showing signs of disintegration by the 19th century, and Igbo land was not a united territory.).

At the end, most countries are 'mismashes' (even china which I used to think was monocultural, until I read about the minority tribes in that country, then Tibet, then Xinjiang). Best way to develop a country is to make sure it exports manufactured goods and servicies....and Nigeria's problem has always been that we export raw materials and share the money

It is in how the money is shared that issues start.

Change the basis of our economy from resource dependency to manufacturing, and we could eventually have a peaceful split like the Czechs and Slovaks did...if we want.

(You even forgot about the minority tribes.).
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by ValarDoharis: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2023
Europe saw that building towers of babel as countries inhibits development and thats why, while they were uniting Africans into countries as large as possible in order to exploit their resources, they were balkanizing themselves to nationalities.

No wonder European countries are averagely not bigger than Delta State
nairalanda1:

Well, with due respect, Somalia shows that having an ethnically 'pure' country does not necessarily guarantee peace and progress. Having an Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba country won't guarantee that each country would have peace and prosperity...or would be united. (The concept of a united Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo land is even a recent thing. Go back even 300 years ago, and Hausaland was made up of several kingdoms, Yourba land had an empire...of sorts...which was already showing signs of disintegration by the 19th century, and Igbo land was not a united territory.).

At the end, most countries are 'mismashes' (even china which I used to think was monocultural, until I read about the minority tribes in that country, then Tibet, then Xinjiang). Best way to develop a country is to make sure it exports manufactured goods and servicies....and Nigeria's problem has always been that we export raw materials and share the money

It is in how the money is shared that issues start.

Change the basis of our economy from resource dependency to manufacturing, and we could eventually have a peaceful split like the Czechs and Slovaks did...if we want.

(You even forgot about the minority tribes.).
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by nairalanda1(m): 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Europe saw that building towers of babel as countries inhibits development and thats why, while they were uniting Africans into countries as large as possible in order to exploit their resources, they were balkanizing themselves to nationalities.

No wonder European countries are averagely not bigger than Delta State

Speaking of most European countries, most of them are amalglams.

France in the 18th century used to have a lot of other native languages...Breton, Norman, Corsican (Napoleon was actually a Corsican, not a frenchman) and so forth(Infact a government commision in the late 18th century found out that most Frenchmen did not even speak French self..lol). Spain too (Catalan and Basque are the two major minority, as well as Gallicia), the UK (Nuff said...), Belgium, Italy (yes, Italy...for many years many Italians spoke their native languages first, Italian last, even today there are minority languages, including German in the far north!), Germany and so forth.

They just imposed their system on us. (And if they had left us alone, there would have been many African countries like Europe today)

2 Likes

Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by ValarDoharis: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2023
My point is they saw the wisdom in not having 250 languages in one country. They try to make it as monoethnic as possible!

Having three major ethnic groups of almost equal strength will always be a disaster especially if they're not enlightened to suppress tribalism
nairalanda1:

Speaking of most European countries, most of them are amalglams.

France in the 18th century used to have a lot of other native languages...Breton, Norman, Corsican (Napoleon was actually a Corsican, not a frenchman) and so forth(Infact a government commision in the late 18th century found out that most Frenchmen did not even speak French self..lol). Spain too (Catalan and Basque are the two major minority, as well as Gallicia), the UK (Nuff said...), Belgium, Italy (yes, Italy...for many years many Italians spoke their native languages first, Italian last, even today there are minority languages, including German in the far north!), Germany and so forth.

They just imposed their system on us. (And if they had left us alone, there would have been many African countries like Europe today)
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by Christistruth00: 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2023
Racoon:
FALSE narrative! Even Major Adewale Ademoyega acknowledged that General Ironsi was supposed to be shot. Yes! He escaped because a mole aroused him - Most like Lt Col Yakubu Pam's wife according to Max Siollun's chronicle of the that unfortunate Coup( OIL POLITICS AND VIOLENCE: THE NIGERIAN MILITARY COUP CULTURE, 1966 - 1976). Meanwhile,

Fake News

Gen Ironsi was Part of the Coup

Was his takeover of Power Constitutional?

No!!

1 Like

Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by slam7000(m): 4:26pm On Sep 14, 2023
Racoon:
According to the Igbophobic Reno Omokri, late Major Patrick Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu is a detribalised Nigerian while Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna involved in the same killing spree coup of January 15 1966 coup is a ethnic bigot. Why not stay in one place so that the thunder that will fire will not miss target?

Reno Omokri is a bigot, devilish and liar. The same Nzeowu whose video is on YouTube talking about how he killed Ahmadu Bello and how Bello was hiding sheltered by his wives. How they dragged him out and killed him. Reno is irremediably evil and sick. He must blame the Igbos across the Niger one way or the other.

Phuck Reno and his bloodline. Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by Bringbackmandat: 4:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
tishbite42:

no no no
the first republic was heaven on earth
compare to what we have now.
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by raumdeuter: 4:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
nairalanda1:

Infact Nzeogwu, in his final interview in 1967 stated quite boldly that they were supposed to wipe out the Igbo political class, but the guy in charge of the SE sector messed up and did not execute the coup.

EVEN THEN, that does not change the fact that the coup was treason, wrong and misguided. Simple. This is not about whose tribe suffered more or what. The coup was WRONG from the word go.

There were 4 regions. 2 Headed by non Ibos(Bello and Akintola) 2 headed by Ibos (Okpara and Osadebey) guess the 2 who escaped

There was an Hausa Prime Minister and an Ibo President guess the one who escaped

Of all the ministers somehow coincidentally all the Ibos escaped

Read the account below on Jaja Wachukwu "Do not be afraid, Sir. We have come to protect you for being an honest Government Minister" - Any Guess why he was a "honest Govt minister"?

1 Like

Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by nairalanda1(m): 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
raumdeuter:

There were 4 regions. 2 Headed by non Ibos(Bello and Akintola) 2 headed by Ibos (Okpara and Osadebey) guess the 2 who escaped

There was an Hausa Prime Minister and an Ibo President guess the one who escaped

Of all the ministers somehow coincidentally all the Ibos escaped

Read the account below on Jaja Wachukwu

Yes, and even then, there were no Igbos in leadership in the North, where Nzeogwu did nost of his operating in.

Plus, for me, the coup was wrong man, I'm not here to defend any tribe or defend the coup.

1 Like

Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by Bringbackmandat: 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2023
nairalanda1:

There was a lot of corruption, a lot of discontent and huge security problems (see the Tiv crisis of 1960, and 1964, and operation Wetie in 1965), PLUS most of the country lived in poverty. And our economy was still heavily dependent on resources...which meant that when prices dropped, we would have to take loans ....trap set.

The coup did not help matters, anyway.
just compare with Nigeria of today
Infrastructure zero
Security zero
Economy zero
Dollar to naira, the worst so far
Poverty -130 million in poverty.
Price of commodities - the highest ever
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
nairalanda1:
All in all, Nzeogwu had no business taking part in or organizing a coup. Same goes for the other 5 majors.

Yes, the first republic government was a mess, and the Prime Minister, despite being not corrupt, was somehow not capable of reining it in. But the coup of Jan 15 1966 did not make things better, instead it unleashed a tsunami that lasted 4 years and took millions of lives...and we are still dealing with the after effects today.

If you are pissed with the government, resign, and join a party or form one. If Nzeogwu had done that, millions dead now would have been alive.

Maybe Nzeogwu was not a psycopath, and yes, he was a very patriotic Nigerian, and acted in what he thought was the best interest of Nigeria, but even then, his action, and the actions of the others, was foolish.

And yes, God knows, I am not happy with the mess we have had in leadership in this country.

You are right on the money.

That coup was totally unnecessary and we are still suffering the consequences.
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by nairalanda1(m): 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
just compare with Nigeria of tody.
Infrastructure zero
Security zero
Economy zero

And coup won't make it better.

Doing the hard work of democracy would make it better.

But then, you can disagree with me. All I know is, we are still paying for the 1966 coup.
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by Switruth: 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
Dey don born seun before and during the war? Seun u dey do like who no get sense.
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by DenreleDave(m): 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
grin grin grin grin
saintkel:
At d end of dis thread, it will be Igbo vs Yoruba bashing loading......d Hausas will sit back n watch how 2 silly tribe will bash each other till d end
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by DenreleDave(m): 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
PHIPEX:
Seun's opinion perfectly depicts why tribalism is so high on Nairaland.

He sits behind and enjoy the tribalistic nature of Nairaland and the anti-Igbo sentiment.

Yen yen yen

Stop crying as if u r the victim on this platform.. Both igbos and yorubas are targets of each other..

Must ú always chest bt and claim victim later on

Haabbaaaa. Be honest na
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by sacajawea: 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2023
hahn:
I saw a thread on X where Seun claimed Major Nzeogwu was a psychopath and Reno had to correct him

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1702241241000181965?t=sVasUFCj5-BCvDu8af-bxw&s=19
When was this..
Can't se the tweet, it's deleted

I ask this because, he said something like this some months earlier.. I want to know if it wa that old tweet or he is still Repeating is this old reasoning
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by Reflect7: 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2023
ValarDoharis:
My point is they saw the wisdom in not having 250 languages in one country. They try to make it as monoethnic as possible!

Having three major ethnic groups of almost equal strength will always be a disaster especially if they're not enlightened to suppress tribalism

There are 6,000 languages on Earth. Half of them are in Africa.

We have no choice but to live in multi ethnic nations. The 54 African nations are regarded as small and unviable apart from a few countries. How much more when they are broken up into 3,000 countries!
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by Reflect7: 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
just compare with Nigeria of today
Infrastructure zero
Security zero
Economy zero

Stop talking rubbish.

What infrastructure do you think you had in the 1960s?

You think the British colonialists built infrastructure?

Our FIRST power plant was KAINJI dam, commissioned in 1964.

Do you know almost everyone was illiterate in the 1960s?

Bicycle was the middle class mode of transportation in the 60s.

A footpath led to your village back then, not a motorable road.

Malnutrition was rife as well.

Most of you could not survive in 1960s Nigeria.
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by yommen: 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2023
Purvan:
If Biafra had manpower and soldiers , nigeria would have been done

While nigeria are importing guns , this is a local made Biafran gun

One shot from this , you're gone to bye land

This is still crude na. No difference to shakabulla wey yoba hunters dey use. Na still the same bullet.
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by yommen: 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2023
Odin13:

Say a Yoruba twister…

Lol on how Ademoyega a Yoruba man gave an athletic a military Igbo man the beating of his life ..

Next story joor

This people can never be serious

Weren't they both solders? Anything could have happened. Guilt might not have allowed your Igbo man to raise his hands to fight back. Does he mean the Igbos have no conscience?
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by paramakina202: 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ask Reno what made Major Ifeajuna a tribalist and while Major Nzeogwu is a patriot.
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by JOemmy(m): 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2023
hammerFC:
SEUN OSEWA CAN NEVER GET SENSE.

A TRIBAL BIGGOT AT THAT....

SEE AS RENO DON TAKE AM SHINE.

That guy is actually the architect of all the sickening bigotry that goes on daily on this forum.
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by hammerFC: 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
JOemmy:

That guy is actually the architect of all the sickening bigotry that goes on daily on this forum.

I KNOW... I HAVE BEEN SAYING IT.
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by deeoh(m): 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
hahn:
I saw a thread on X where Seun claimed Major Nzeogwu was a psychopath and Reno had to correct him

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/170224124100018196p5?t=sVasUFCj5-BCvDu8af-bxw&s=19
How does what he, Seun, relate to Omokri's comments on tribalism. Person wey kill his subordinates for disobeying, that's definitely a psychopath who failed to understand the value of life.
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by hahn(m): 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
sacajawea:

When was this..
Can't se the tweet, it's deleted

I ask this because, he said something like this some months earlier.. I want to know if it wa that old tweet or he is still Repeating is this old reasoning

You are right though. It was actually deleted but I guess it is a recent post

Modified

It is a recent post. Seun must had had Reno delete it or something
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by sacajawea: 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
hahn:

You are right though. It was actually deleted but I guess it is a recent post

Modified

It is a recent post. Seun must had had Reno delete it or something
Why would reno delete it?? That means he made serious mistakes in the tweet... (the screenshot here is limited, doesn't show full text)

Also, why is he is still Repeating this his views about Nzeogwu? I'm curious to know why he keeps saying this if Indeed this particular conversation is new
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by ResourceMan(m): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
seunmsg:
I've tried severally to educate a lot of people about the the role played by Ifeajuna in the coup but the false lie that Nzeogwu led the coup is so entrenched. Ifeajuna actually led the coup and he was also responsible for the failure of the coup. Nzeogwu and Ademoyega were brilliant guys who simply wanted a revolution similar to the Cuban revolution and an end to the corruption of the political class. Ifeajuna on the other hand was an egoistic beast and tribal bigot who pretended to want a similar revolution but secretly had a different plan to entrench an Igbo political ruling class on the country. His bigotry led to the ethnicization of the killings and the eventual failure of the coup.

Wale Ademoyega was so mad at him that when he met him in Calabar prison, he gave him the beating of his life.

I Am Surprised You Know So Much About That Unfortunate Coup. I Always Saw You As A Tribal Warlord.
Ifeajuna Was A Senzelezs, 1d1ot1c, Tribalistic Psychopath. While Kaduna Nzeogwu And Ademoyega Were Doing A Great Job In The North. ifeajuna Went To The East And Failed To Kill Any Igbo Political Leader. Ifeajuna Was The major Reason The Coup became A Tribal/Igbo Coup. Even Northern Civilians And Soldiers Were Pleased With The Killings Of The Sultan And Northern Politicians, But Things Took A Drastic Change When they Realized Ifeajuna Has Messed Everything Up.
Even Nnamdi Azikiwe Was And Ironsi Were Not Supposed To be Spared.
Re: Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri by chrisooblog: 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2023
Facts! Nzeogwu was a Che Guevara type of romantic revolutionary unfortunately he naively trusted Ifeajuna who hijacked the coup especially in the SW. Unfortunately the suspicious behaviour of SE elites like Azikiwe who was conveniently not in the country and failure to eliminate key Igbo leaders and officers gave the coup its ethnic colouration.

seunmsg:
I've tried severally to educate a lot of people about the the role played by Ifeajuna in the coup but the false lie that Nzeogwu led the coup is so entrenched. Ifeajuna actually led the coup and he was also responsible for the failure of the coup. Nzeogwu and Ademoyega were brilliant guys who simply wanted a revolution similar to the Cuban revolution and an end to the corruption of the political class. Ifeajuna on the other hand was an egoistic beast and tribal bigot who pretended to want a similar revolution but secretly had a different plan to entrench an Igbo political ruling class on the country. His bigotry led to the ethnicization of the killings and the eventual failure of the coup.

Wale Ademoyega was so mad at him that when he met him in Calabar prison, he gave him the beating of his life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obidient Movement Collapses As Corruption, Sex Scandals Rock Peter Obi's Camp / I Pledge To Nigeria My Country / Nigeria The Happiest Place On The Planet- World Poll Verified It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.