Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble (19031 Views)

Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% / Emefiele: Oba Otudeko Rebuffed My Pleas On First Bank Crisis / Femi Otedola's First Automobile As A Kid In Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by aminulive: 12:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
It's no longer news that First Bank shares have been on a downward trajectory with shareholders losing billions since the battle for control of the one-time troubled bank ensued.

A report by Enigeria News which chronicled the history of a series of battles between billionaires struggling to have control of the bank since 2019 when the management tsunami that saw the ousting of Oba Otudeko’s alleged proxy, Ibukun Awosika, occurred in what was known to many as a careful operation allegedly spearheaded by the now disgraced and suspended former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele also revealed other sensitive issues that almost sank First Bank despite its classification as a Systemic Important Bank (SIB).

However, in his recent comeback which is still under contention, Otudeko on June 2023 after acquiring the largest share in First Bank in a cross-deal valued at N87.8 billion became the highest individual shareholder in the bank, a move that has become the biggest nightmare of his fellow billionaire Femi Otedola.

The shares that Otudeko bought at N19 per unit are said to be the largest volume of First Bank shares traded in a single day since 2012 when the stock exchange started publishing data, according to a report by Arise News.

The move was considered to be too good to be true, as shareholders were thrown to discomfort over the validity of the trades as they strongly held the view that no single shareholder hitherto officially owned as many shares, and just like World War II, the battle between Otedola and Otudeko ensued ever since.

Although in a recent Annual General Meeting which is still being contested in court, Femi Otedola was appointed a director by some shareholders of the bank; his ragging battle with Otudeko continues to rub off negatively on innocent shareholders of First Bank who daily decry rising losses after several billion went down the drain following the recent collapse of FBN shares in the stock market.

According to ENigeria Newspaper, the stock market performance of FBN Holdings has not been encouraging lately. This is as the company’s share fell to N19.80 kobo, from N21.5 kobo per share.

It was also learned that the total market valuation of FBN Holdings fell to N710.72 billion from N771.74 billion earlier reported a few months back.

Consequently, recent data again suggests that the impact of the raging battle between Otedola and Otudeko continues to wreak havoc as First Bank Shares plunged further with shareholders now losing another whopping sum of over N80.76bn.

This is as Shares of First Bank dropped from N18.80 on August 18 to N16.55 on August 25, causing shareholders to lose N2.25 for every single share held.

For instance, on Monday, August 21, FBNH shares began trading at N18.80 with a market capitalization of N674.83bn but it plunged to N16.55 per share, triggering a fall in market capitalization to N594.1bn.

The drop led to a loss of N80.76bn, making FBNH shareholders the 6th biggest losers in the reviewed period based on a percentage drop in share prices.

It is important to note that the bank has suffered its first blow since Otedola was elected on August 15 at the company’s AGM despite an interim injunction blocking the FBNH from holding its AGM.  Otudeko has the largest majority shares held by an individual in FBNH with 13.3 percent of the company’s issued share capital of 35,895,292,791.

Otedola occupies the second place with 7.57 percent of the company’s issued share capital. Meanwhile, in the first half of 2023, FBNH declared N 187.2bn profit after tax and N383.28bn interest income.
https://politicsnigeria.com/otudeko-vs-otedola-first-bank-shareholders-lose-n80-76bn-shares-crumble/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by budaatum: 1:36pm On Sep 14, 2023

1 Share

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by bennybuhari: 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2023
First Bank shouldn't be more than N5 per share

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by thaoriginator: 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
shocked

F u c k the stock market

1 Like

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by GreatrAnalyst: 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by Raskimonojendor: 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Billionaires ground. They should settle their differences amicably.

Otudeko (and Awosika) vs Otedola.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by Beazysledge: 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hope say bank no wan fold make I first comot my money

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Our shares......

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by SouthSouth1914: 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2023
Politics is the bane of mankind since inception! The rich will survive, the poor gets poorer!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by Skillsnigeria: 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by gaby(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
Even the country stock market na fulltime scam and comedy just like the FG and other sectors of the economy.

Who remembers that Fatso called Onyuike or whatever during her time at the helms of the NSE.

I don use my First and Zenith Bank share certificates wey she take scam people that year clean nyansh flush am for toilet.

Useless people.

No controls, regulation, foundation, nothing.

Everyone comes in to do whatever pleases them by any means crooked to cash out and they get hailed as smart and savvy businessmen.

Rogues who can't turn $1 to $5 in countries with proper regulatory and oversight functions.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by LegallyBlunt: 2:05pm On Sep 14, 2023
Who go hook me up to such sums na. See serious money getting 'lost'. Chai

1 Like

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by tommy589(m): 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2023
Other banks gains

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by Menclothing: 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2023
They should play their game outside the stock market or else all would loose including shareholders

1 Like

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by Cromagnon: 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2023
LegallyBlunt:
Who go hook me up to such sums na. See serious money getting 'lost'. Chai
stock exchange
Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by lwisee: 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ote.dola do spoiler
Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by theamazonguru(m): 2:11pm On Sep 14, 2023
When 2 elephants fight, it's the grass that will suffer.
Anyways, I believe beyond every reasonable doubts that once the dust settles, they will return to winning ways.

First Bank no be mush room bank.
They are synonymous to reliability and stability..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by JuanDeDios: 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2023
gaby:
Even the country stock market na fulltime scam and comedy just like the FG and other sectors of the economy.

Who remembers that Fatso called Onyuike or whatever during her time at the helms of the NSE.

I don use my First and Zenith Bank share certificates wey she take scam people that year clean nyansh flush am for toilet.

Useless people.

Everyone comes in to do whatever pleases them by any means crooked to cash out and they get hailed as smart and savvy businessmen.

Rogues who can't turn $1 to $5 in countries with proper regulatory and oversight functions.
Lol. So what do you have against Mrs Onyiuke? No be she crash stock market that year (2008) naa.
Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by christejames(m): 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hope my money is safe abi make I withdraw am? undecided
Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by Willie2015: 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2023
gaby:

Useless people.

U need to look beyond all these...
Follow the money...leave the politics...
D stock mkt is still a viable platform for wealth
for Naija...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by gaby(m): 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2023
JuanDeDios:

Lol. So what do you have against Mrs Onyiuke? No be she crash stock market that year (2008) naa.

Over pricing stocks for insider trading is a huge fraud, my brother.

They knew the books were in the negative if there were any books to begin with.

Scam scam scam.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by greatman247(m): 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2023
Best time to invest if you get sense but i hate Nigeria stock exchange

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by Mopolchi: 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
Which kind wahala be dis? Even di small dividend I dey use manage myself dis 2 big f00ls wan scatter am for me

5 Likes

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by JuanDeDios: 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
gaby:

Over pricing stocks for insider trading is a huge fraud, my brother.

They knew the books were in the negative if there were any books to begin with.

Scam scam scam.
You're right. Terrible things happened then and still happen. But SEC (then headed by Mallam Suleiman Ndanusa) probably failed us even more as the REGULATOR of NSE.
Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by SmartPolician: 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
When elephants fight, grasses suffer!

Sorry to all First Bank shareholders.
Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by specialmati(m): 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin monkey business nigeria stock market.i just remebered dangote sugar that year
Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by happney65: 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2023
gaby:

Useless people.

Ohh I remember her very very well..Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke. Tall and fat and you could barely hear WTF she was saying because of too much of fat . grin

Myself and my sister used to make jests of her. Later she was head of Transcorp or so. I think she was still head of the NSE during the global financial crises. Can't remember now

Thank you for remembering us. Omo, people don come and go for naija.. grin grin

Let me even google her sef if she still dey in government

3 Likes

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by FitCorper: 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
Corporate criminals

1 Like

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by Memberclub(m): 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
Damn! I wish I understood what this means.
Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by chaloskyx: 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2023
indeed you are deep thinkers thats why Nigeria is in this deep economic mess since you thinkers saw it fit to elect Buhari and BAT hope you are aware your deep thinkers have now made $1=N950 keep thinking Nigeria into oblivion o awon werey🤣🤣🤣
Omoawoke2:
These men should settle their differences

They are not obidients who fight with stupidity and rather burn down the whole house

They are Yoruba men, they are deep thinkers for goodness sake!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble by ppogba: 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
Menclothing:
They should play their game outside the stock market or else all would loose including shareholders

Unfortunately, the stock market is THE ONLY PLACE where that game can take place.

It is thru the market and no where else that you can acquire the shares.

That was why Tony Elumelu sweated like she goat the last time this same Otedola acquired the shares of Transcorp on the floor with a view to toppling him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Reasons You Should Make Up Your Mind About Joining Fiverr / Dangote Inaugurates Mega Cement Warehouse In Owerri / MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.