Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% (25219 Views)

Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble / Ecobank Writes Firstbank Over Otudeko / Emefiele: Oba Otudeko Rebuffed My Pleas On First Bank Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by FreeStuffsNG: 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
Otudeko Buys N87.8bn Shares to Become Largest First Bank Shareholder with 14 Percent

*Battle for control intensifies

As the battle for the control of First Bank of Nigeria Holdings Plc intensifies, Oba Otudeko’s Honeywell Group last Thursday bought 4,770,269,843 shares of the firm in a cross deal worth N87.8 billion.

These shares which Otudeko bought at N19 per unit are the largest volume of First Bank shares traded in a single day since 2012, when the stock exchange started publishing data. The acquisitions take his shareholding to 14 percent of the bank’s outstanding market value.

A “disclosure of shareholding” sent to the Company Secretary, FBN Holdings Plc and dated July 7, 2023, by Honeywell Group Limited stated: “We write on behalf of Barbican Capital Limited, an affiliate of Honeywell Group Limited and refer to the provisions of Sections 119 and 120 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act 2020 (as amended).

“In addition to the previously disclosed interests by Honeywell Group Limited’s affiliates, kindly take this as notification that, as at 7th July 2023, Barbican Capital Limited has acquired an aggregate of 4,770,269,843 shares in FBN Holdings Plc. Kindly accept the assurances of our highest regards. Yours faithfully, Yewande Giwa Head, Governance & Sustainability.”

On the same day, FBN Holdings Plc acknowledged Honeywell Group Limited’s acquisitions. In a letter signed by Adewale Arogundade, Acting Company Secretary, it stated: “This is to inform the public and our stakeholders that the Company received a notification dated July 7, 2023 from Honeywell Group Limited that its affiliate, Barbican Capital Limited has acquired an aggregate of 4,770,269,843 units of shares from the Company’s issued share capital of 35,895,292,791, as at the above referenced date. Based on the foregoing, the equity stake of Barbican Capital Limited in the Company is 13.3%.”

Otudeko, who was chairman of First Bank until 2019, is making a swift comeback to become the single largest shareholder of the bank.Billionaire Femi Otedola became the bank’s single largest shareholder in 2021 after a tussle with Hassan Odukale who was also vying for control of the bank after a leadership gap emerged from Otudeko’s exit.

“Otudeko is flush with cash from the sale of Honeywell and is buying back the bank’s shares through entities linked to him,” a source familiar with the matter said.With Otudeko now leading the battle for the control of First Bank of Nigeria Holdings Plc with 14 percent shareholding, Otedola drops to second with nine percent shareholding. Hassan Odukale and Mike Adenuga are joint third, each with seven percent shareholding. Saheed Arisekola is fourth with five percent shareholding.

Honeywell Group’s Barbican Capital Limited was incorporated on the 9th of March 2023 – RC 6900918. Persons with significant control of the firm are Otudeko’s children – Oyeleye Foluke of Oladipo Diya Street, Abacha Estate, 2nd Avenue, Ikoyi, Lagos and Otudeko Obafemi Adedamola of Mekunwen Street, Ikoyi, Lagos.The 4,770,269,843 shares bought were moved from 26 different accounts. They are Dogonyaro Investments Limited, Home Securities Limited, Skyview Estates Limited, Thames Investments & Sec Ltd, ESBI(WA) Limited, Fistful Securities Limited, Zanfara Packages, Row Park Limited, Edenvale Limited, Mansion House Limited, Bethlehem Properties Limited, Musa Haruna Foods, Yazidu Zakari Ventures Limited, Thornbull Securities Limited, Moore House Limited, Impressario Limited, Mahmoud Alheri Limited, Timothy Banfield Limited, The WhitBread Limited and Penrose Securities Limited.Flour Mills, Nigeria’s biggest miller by market value, snapped up Otudeko’s Honeywell Flour Mills Plc last year in a deal worth N82 billion.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/07/08/otudeko-buys-n87-8bn-shares-to-become-largest-first-bank-shareholder-with-14-percent

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by FreeStuffsNG: 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
Money talks. This was the same man Mr Emefiele, then CBN Governor, humiliated and sacked as the Chairman of FBN Plc. when he insisted that the MD, Mr Adeduntan must turn in his resignation letter.
Dr. Oba Otudeko just revenged with massive success wink
Check my signature for free stuffs!

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by TemplarLandry: 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2023
cool

2 Likes

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by SmartPolician: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
Where these people dey get money?

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by FreeStuffsNG: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2023
SmartPolician:
Money is everywhere in Nigeria but you focus on the negatives, curse the land which in turn withholds its blessings from you. In this land, if you are not winning, you are losing. You are losing does not mean that other Nigerians are losing.

It is not a coincidence that the region that keeps raising uncouth youths and unpatriotic elements who curse Nigeria are losing perenially everywhere home and abroad. They always lose all las las unless they start blessing Nigeria. It is a settled fact; you curse Nigeria, Nigeria curses you back!

Nigerians making it big legitimately don't waste their time on Nairaland and Social media cursing their land, cyberbullying and insulting people upandan wink Get one thing right about success: FOCUS

140 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by aieromon(m): 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
Game is not over yet.

Some of the majority shareholders of FBN Holdings Plc are said to be joining forces to fight off Oba Otudeko from reclaiming control of the bank holding company.

Reports reaching Nairametrics suggest the decision to join forces against Oba Otudeko is in response to the declaration of a 13.3% stake in the bank.

The shareholders are reported to be concerned about the consequences of having Oba Otedeko back in control of the bank in any capacity, following the debacle he had with the central bank two years ago.

Otudeko’s forced exit from the bank paved the way for other shareholders such as Otedola and Odukale to cement their stake in the bank with all major shareholders appointing directors on the board of the bank and the holding company.

The billionaire owner of Globacom, Mike Adenuga, and the family of Arisekola are also major shareholders of the bank all with board representation.

Nairametrics understands that the major shareholders of the bank jointly own about 28% of the shares of the bank as of December 2022.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/07/08/exclusive-fbnh-majority-shareholders-to-join-forces-against-otudeko-in-battle-for-soul-of-the-bank/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by SmartPolician: 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Money is everywhere in Nigeria but you focus on the negatives, curse the land which in turn withholds its blessings from you.

Nigerians making it big legitimately don't waste their time on Nairaland and Social media cyberbullying and insulting people upandan wink Get one thing right about success: FOCUS

Oga, I work online 24/7. Come on Nairaland to relax whenever I need a break. That comment you made should go back to you.

You moved from selling yeye app to promoting an ex-druglord whose true identity is shrouded in secrecy and fraud.

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by CodeTemplar: 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2023
See the kind news BMC top commanders are clinging unto for achievement.

Can farmers farm yet without being taxed by the underground govt of bandits?

5 Likes

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2023
Battle Royal ... Money men be like they are playing Chess. Good thing they still trust the Nigeria economy. Like one of my Oga said "Don't spend your seeds trying to impress people spending their harvest. "

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by nedu666: 3:49pm On Jul 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Money talks. This was the same man Mr Emefiele, then CBN Governor, humiliated and sacked as the Chairman of FBN Plc. when he insisted that the MS, Mr Adeduntan must turn in his resignation letter.
Dr. Oba Otudeko just revenged with massive success wink

Yes the same man who abused his position that saw fbn rack up 427 billion in non performing loans. That granted a non collateralized $400 million loan. The guy defaulted and told fbn kiss my black ass. Fbn was first bank to pay N1 dividend, biggest profit, no 1 in the industry. Today fbn is paying 50k a share, when zenith and gtb are paying N3. Access and uba is paying N1. Today fbn is no 5 after zenith, gtb, access and uba.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by Mercy2006(f): 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2023
Silent billionaires all over the place!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by olaboy33(m): 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2023
Big men playing chess.
Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by datola: 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2023
Oba fought to take back his rightful position in First Bank.

9 Likes

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by BigDawsNet: 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2023
How do I buy my own pls...

I need to buy seriously

I'm willing to start with $2m

3 Likes

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by Millimann: 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2023
Where dem dey see this money? shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2023
Na so I loose guard MTN shares that year...

1 Like

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by Brendaniel: 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2023
I remember this man in the days of Jonathan and Airtel, now a southerner Tinubu is in office, he is back....

Anyway, His shares will favour me and my family...

14 Likes

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by Houseofglam7(f): 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
😫

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by Iseoluwani: 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2023
I refuse to be poor

7 Likes

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by vibbb: 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2023
Wow, this is massive (14% wow) Congratulations to Oba Otudeko - I wonder how people with so much money sleep at night. I shall never be poor - Kabiesi should hold on till I override him as the new owner very soon.

2 Likes

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by Believeintruth: 3:57pm On Jul 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Money is everywhere in Nigeria but you focus on the negatives, curse the land which in turn withholds its blessings from you. In this land, if you are not winning, you are losing. You are losing does not mean that other Nigerians are losing.

It is not a coincidence that the region that keeps raising uncouth youths and unpatriotic elements who curse Nigeria are losing perenially everywhere home and abroad. They will lose all las las unless they start blessing Nigeria. It is a settled fact; you curse Nigeria, Nigeria curses you back!

Nigerians making it big legitimately don't waste their time on Nairaland and Social media cyberbullying and insulting people upandan wink Get one thing right about success: FOCUS

If you have seen the money, you would not be here advertising your failed free stuffs business.

19 Likes

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by goslowgoslow(m): 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
Thank God say nor be Igbo man we for no rest on this Forum today.

12 Likes

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by oluwaseyi0: 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2023
kl
Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by sukkot: 4:02pm On Jul 08, 2023
meanwhile first bank havent paid interest on my fixed deposit since march
Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by emperor4love(m): 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

It is not a coincidence that the region that keeps raising uncouth youths and unpatriotic elements who curse Nigeria are losing perenially everywhere home and abroad. They will lose all las las unless they start blessing Nigeria. It is a settled fact; you curse Nigeria, Nigeria curses you back!

oga no b to de curse land nd all dis ur yanning, most of this ppl get hands nd do underground stuff,to meet governors nd politicians u tink is easy,if u hv access to government, life will be easy bro ...some work smart more than him but in all fortune there is a crime,na who get heart go get money, liv it like dis

2 Likes

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by nedu666: 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
Brendaniel:
I remember this man in the days Jonathan and Airtel, now a southerner Tinubu is in office, he is back....

Anyway, His shares will favour me and my family...

His exit had nothing to do with him being a southerner but need to save the bank. These guys were taking and giving loans with no collateral and people were defaulting on loans anyhow

7 Likes

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by BlueRayDick: 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2023
This man was reported to be owing first bank at a point na. How come person wey dey owe bank sotey the loan was transferred to AMCON now holds the major shares in the same bank ?

This story no clear o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2023
Normal, his tenure as boardman memeber of the BANK is older than the EXISTENCE of the BANK itself grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by kenchop: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2023
ABEG SHUT UP SYCOPHANT.

FreeStuffsNG:

6 Likes

Re: Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% by olarent: 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2023
I tire ooo
SmartPolician:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Faces Further Decline On Continued Dollar Scarcity / Lagos Government Seizes Goods Displayed By Traders Along Highway (Pics, Video) / NCC React To Sales Of 9mobile To Anointed Bidder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.