Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion (13848 Views)

Nigeria’s Total Public Debt Jumps By 15.64% To ₦33.107 Trillion – DMO / Investment In Nigeria Rises By 75% In Q1, 2021 / 13.5m Nigerians Voted Without PVC In 2015 – 75% In States Won By Buhari - Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion by lexy2014: 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kukutente23:

You're making projections for Saudi now?
Anyway, I think it's Saudi that have over £500bn in sovereign wealth funds so I doubt your doom theory has a remote possibility of coming to pass.

[b]You see, it's about vision and prudent management of resources. [/b]Saudi set up their sovereign fund in 1971 which has known grown to that amount today while when NOI floated the idea of sovereign funds in 2011, some govs said NO!!

Brilliant. You hit d nail on d head regarding vision and prudent management of resources. The guy u responded to nairalanda1 doesn't understand such things. As far as he is concerned, just remove subsisdy and tax more then nigeria will be developed. Am not sure where he gets his theories from

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion by lexy2014: 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2023
AntiWailer:

“The government was borrowing to pay for subsidy and that subsidy was steadily increasing. If you convert it to dollars, it won’t be so much, but because naira has depreciated, by the time you do the multiplication, it will increase significantly in naira terms.”

Another reasons why subsidy must go no matter the pain..

How was govt borrowing to fund fuel subsisdy?

Was fuel subsidy the only thing govt was borrowing for?

What benefit accrued to Nigeria since the removal of subsisdy on kerosene and diesel?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion by just2endowed: 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kukutente23:

Actually, it's 4% not 3%
But my point is not the reliability of NBS or not. My point is the claim that Nigeria depends on oil largely for revenue. That's what NBS is disputing.
They might be wrong. This won't be the first time. But given the margin they gave, it is obvious a substantial part of our revenue comes from non-oil

I was asking the 3% or 4% part. Do you believe the stats?
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion by nairalanda1(m): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kukutente23:

You're making projections for Saudi now?
Anyway, I think it's Saudi that have over £500bn in sovereign wealth funds so I doubt your doom theory has a remote possibility of coming to pass.
You see, it's about vision and prudent management of resources. Saudi set up their sovereign fund in 1971 which has known grown to that amount today while when NOI floated the idea of sovereign funds in 2011, some govs said NO!!

lexy2014:

Brilliant. You hit d nail on d head regarding vision and prudent management of resources. The guy u responded to nairalanda1 doesn't understand such things. As far as he is concerned, just remove subsisdy and tax more then nigeria will be developed. Am not sure where he gets his theories from

Yes, I agree with both of you that we have had bad leadership, and have messed up

But my end goal for Nigeria is for us to be like China, which has trillions. Not Saudi. Saudi is useless without oil.

I want Nigeria to become an industrial nation. An industrial producer nation, with a diversified economy. Not a Saudi Arabia.

(And anyway, Saudi produces ten to twelve times as much oil as we do, with just 40 million people)

Nigeria must industrialize. Or we remain the IMF's poodle.

Nigeria must become an industrial nation that exports. Simple. Does APC, PDP, or LP have that agenda? No.

I'm not answering any more quotes from the two of you. Your comments show you do not understand me, or are at where I am at. All you two want to do is call me an APC supporter. I can;'t debate that. Goodbye.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion by lexy2014: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yes, I agree with both of you that we have had bad leadership, and have messed up

But my end goal for Nigeria is for us to be like China, which has trillions. Not Saudi. Saudi is useless without oil.

I want Nigeria to become an industrial nation. An industrial producer nation, with a diversified economy. Not a Saudi Arabia.

(And anyway, Saudi produces ten to twelve times as much oil as we do, with just 40 million people)

Nigeria must industrialize. Or we remain the IMF's poodle.

Nigeria must become an industrial nation that exports. Simple. Does APC, PDP, or LP have that agenda? No.

I'm not answering any more quotes from the two of you. Your comments show you do not understand me, or are at where I am at. All you two want to do is call me an APC supporter. I can;'t debate that. Goodbye.

What has APC, PDP or LP agenda got to do with your theories that are mostly unfounded?

Can you show me where I called u or wanted to call u APC supporter?

Let's start from there
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion by Kukutente23: 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2023
just2endowed:

I was asking the 3% or 4% part. Do you believe the stats?
The argument that even if you for only two hours you're employed makes it possible though I doubt how they arrive at such
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion by paskal16: 11:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
What is the Ebola chronie doing about it ?
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion by worksmart(m): 2:21am On Sep 16, 2023
Time for Nigerians to apologise to PMB.

Tinubu has shown us what clueless , corrupt governance really is. angry

Why won't Our debt go up when Tinubu increased our debt, so he can loot the CBN. After all his forst actions was to take loans of $500m and $800m.

Reason inocent CBN governor Emefiele is still being detained is because he refuse to be corrupted.
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion by bluefilm: 6:45am On Sep 16, 2023
gaby:
Na so....

We are hitting the ground crawling and sinking gradually...

You are so funny.

Do you happen to be a comedian by any chance?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion by gaby(m): 8:41am On Sep 16, 2023
bluefilm:

You are so funny.

Do you happen to be a comedian by any chance?

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion by Tito24: 5:05am On Sep 21, 2023
Achor1111:
Jagaban is doing well.
Dumb defenders, will defend this one too
he's still the president whether he's doing well or not
Elupee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? / 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President / Abia Government Says It's Not Against Peter Obi's Visit To Aba For Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.