Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo (9177 Views)

Fayemi: I Will Tackle Insecurity, Unemployment, Epileptic Power Supply, Others / Recall Of Nigerian Born UK Member Of Parliament-a Democracy That Works / 2019: "Do Not Reinforce Failure" - Obasanjo. Nigerians React. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 16, 2023
Pain grin tinubus win is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:05am On Sep 16, 2023
Jideji:
undecided
Sentiment aside, we are yet to get it right. The only thing we are very successful at is politics
Get a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only
pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/Reyqd4BWRt8SzEpF9
FEARGOD INVESTMENT LIMITED.
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by Funflipper: 4:19am On Sep 16, 2023
happney65:

You use your phone to use the internet today
Massive employment was caused by the telecommunications industry which was brought by Obasanjo himself for the first time in Nigeria

A minister of telecommunications under Abacha once said telephone isn't for the poor isn't it?

The only President that increased minimum wage thrice. The first 3500 in 1999. The Nigerian middle class grew massively under him

You can accuse him of being an election rigger and a dictator. But he did excellently well Economy wise.

Nobody,I repeat Nobody can or has done 1/3 of what he did ever since he left government in 2007

Rather corruption grew massively under him. What you call growth is nothing but pure corruption at its highest level. There is no more money to steal and throw around like before, that is why Nigerias are crying of hardship today.
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by bigbigger8(m): 5:06am On Sep 16, 2023
Obasanjo should be ashamed of himself making comments like thism. The root of d recurring insecurity we HV today in Nigeria started under his watch when he gave free reign to Northern Governors in some States to operate Sharia law as against was was allowed for other State. Under his watch too we d beginings of the Boko Haram we see today,Niger Delta Militancy,political killings and so many wicked things. Don't know if it's old age that is worrying him,but he should know when to talk and when to close his mouth. He is indeed the Father of insecurity in Nigeria!
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by mukthar2000(m): 6:47am On Sep 16, 2023
You are one of those petty people who think the progress and success of another takes from you. You try to overshadow everyone around you, before you and after you. You are the prototypical “Mr. Know it all”. You’ve never said “I don’t know” on any topic, ever. Of course this means you surround yourself with idiots who will agree with you on anything and need you for financial gain and you need them for your insatiable ego. This your attitude is a reflection of the country. It is not certain which came first, your attitude seeping into the country’s psyche or the country accepting your irresponsible behavior for so long.

I had told you I wasn’t going to run in 2011 but you manipulated me to run; that was my mistake. Losing was a blessing. As usual you wanted me to run for your self-serving purpose to perpetuate your name in the political realm and as the liar that you are, you later denied that it was you who wanted me to run in 2011.
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by galadima77(m): 6:47am On Sep 16, 2023
Nigeria will get better. And remarkably so. Quote me in 2 years
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by Bodexinvest: 7:22am On Sep 16, 2023
Thats the bitter truth.
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by phemmyfour: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2023
Acekidc4:
Obasanjo is indirectly Calling himself a Failure cos all those things he mentioned happened during his Tenure too🤔 Pot calling Kettle black!! Shioor!!
It is much now compared to what was obtainable in his tenure
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by FireUpNow(m): 7:47am On Sep 16, 2023
Acekidc4:

No Sir, those issues are always Present!!
God bless you so much for your frankness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by freemanq(m): 7:48am On Sep 16, 2023
Nice one but you should have done better when you had opportunity to serve the country for good 8 years
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by olisaEze(m): 8:09am On Sep 16, 2023
yemmit90:

Which economy are you talking about please? Is like some of you were still very small during his administration that made you think the hardship Nigerians are passing through started today.

The same OBJ that spent over 15 Trillions naira on electricity generation with nothing to show for it? The same Obj that the price of fuel triple during his time in power? How much were the price of goods and services before and after he left office? What is the quality of naira to dollar before and after he left office? Was he not the same man who remove history as subject from secondary school curriculum so that you won't remember his evil acts?

The problem of we youths of these days is that, we always think the past is better than today because we lack reading culture. The only difference between then and now is modernisation. Unlike today that majority of people would rather come to the cities and be jobless, alot of people back then stayed in their respective towns and villages and grow most of their foods by themselves. Their wants and needs are limited, and they were always satisfied with little they have. They have less reason to complain because most of them don't own cars or spent much on transportation. You hardly see youth lavishing away money in clubs like today. I could remember back then, almost all middle class and professionals own backyard gardens or farms where they grow basis stuffs for their family. How many people you can see doing that today.

You obviously were a kid when OBJ was a democratically elected president in '99, because all these things you wrote up there are just barefaced lies! Probably what u heard from all those beer parlor analysts and newspaper vendor parliamentarians!😂😂
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by Counterfeit: 8:09am On Sep 16, 2023
Please write in English, good, passable English.

lazkizz:
countries were known say America Democrat na scam don the find best alternative for their regional govt be military or communism
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by Lacash: 8:52am On Sep 16, 2023
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/democracy-that-nurtures-insecurity-unemployment-is-a-failure-obasanjo/
This old man should just rest cos he’s also as clueless as Buhari. He is a bad looser….Mtcheeew
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by Acekidc4(m): 9:04am On Sep 16, 2023
phemmyfour:
It is much now compared to what was obtainable in his tenure

Yes i know, but atleast it was present in his Tenure!!
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by Acekidc4(m): 9:18am On Sep 16, 2023
poseidon12:

Keep quiet.

Am i Lying 🤨🤔
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by astonished: 9:23am On Sep 16, 2023
When Nigerians cannot find anything tangible to point as an achievement of Obasanjo, they result to telecom, as if the infrastructure is built by the useless man.

Telecommunications, companies or investors all over the world look out for country they can invest to expand their business for more profit, the same Glo Nigeria is in Ghana and other African countries,

MTN as that time comes to Nigeria with all their equipment, infrastructure to expand their business and make away billions of dollars as a profit from us. How is that Obasanjo's wonder of the world that some people praise him for.

If anybody apart from him is in government that time, we'll still have telecom by now

happney65:

Massive employment was caused by the telecommunications industry which was brought by Obasanjo himself for the first time in Nigeria

A minister of telecommunications under Abacha once said telephone isn't for the poor isn't it?

The only President that increased minimum wage thrice. The first 3500 in 1999. The Nigerian middle class grew massively under him

You can accuse him of being an election rigger and a dictator. But he did excellently well Economy wise.

Nobody,I repeat Nobody can or has done 1/3 of what he did ever since he left government in 2007
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by Musauzor(m): 9:33am On Sep 16, 2023
While Obasanjo was in the saddle, a 50kg bag of rice was #3,500, flight from Lagos to Abuja was ##12,000 . There was no terrorism. There was no banditry. Unemployment was low. Then contrast it with what the demonic party APC has done to Nigerians since 2015 and some tribal fools are here supportting the Ebola

1 Like

Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by Hanndye: 9:59am On Sep 16, 2023
Derailment of democracy started with Fashola's hard hand (and his 'tag-alongs'), not to talk of Tinubu's corruption and other APC's atrocities.
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by Faposky95: 10:24am On Sep 16, 2023
Jideji:
undecided
Sentiment aside, we are yet to get it right. The only thing we are very successful at is politics
Get a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only
pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/Reyqd4BWRt8SzEpF9

....of Propaganda
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by tishbite42: 9:26pm On Sep 16, 2023
deji17:
OBJ should be invited for questioning by DSS
E be like sey u want make Army overthrow Tinubu
No mumu reach OBJ side
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by obyno82: 4:53am On Sep 17, 2023
JagabanB:

I am biased because u searched and searched google and realized what I'm saying is the truth abi?
U didn't dispute any other thing I said apart from the refineries which OBJ used his hands to end completely abi?
Talk about bias next time.
Oga you are biased.
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by JagabanB: 10:31am On Sep 17, 2023
obyno82:

Oga you are biased.
Who crashed Nîgeriàn Airways without paying the staffs?
Who revoked the sale of ALSCON to a group of Nigerians and ordered the sale of same to Russians who made far lesser offer and made the offer in Russian language?
Who crashed railways?
Who crashed ajaokuta steel mines?
Biased people are people who will defèñd Iîes because the Iîes supports them.
That's exactly what u are doing.
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by obyno82: 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2023
JagabanB:

Who crashed Nîgeriàn Airways without paying the staffs?
Who revoked the sale of ALSCON to a group of Nigerians and ordered the sale of same to Russians who made far lesser offer and made the offer in Russian language?
Who crashed railways?
Who crashed ajaokuta steel mines?
Biased people are people who will defèñd Iîes because the Iîes supports them.
That's exactly what u are doing.

Nigerian Airways was clearly insolvent and bankrupt so it was not his fault. Railways was already moribund at that time and he didn't crash it. Ajaokuta was slated for privatisation he didn't crash anything. You are clearly biaised with hatred against the man, but face it his regime made Nigeria to experience growth.
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by JagabanB: 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2023
obyno82:

Nigerian Airways was clearly insolvent and bankrupt so it was not his fault. Railways was already moribund at that time and he didn't crash it. Ajaokuta was slated for privatisation he didn't crash anything. You are clearly biaised with hatred against the man, but face it his regime made Nigeria to experience growth.
So why blame Buhari and co for things crashing since those things were bound to crash in the first place?
U see why the country never grows?
Everything was crashing and bound for crashing under OBJ and because he supported PitObi in the last election, he is right and everything he damaged was not his fault.
What about selling ALSCON to a Russian company who wrote their proposal in Russian language and made a far lesser offer compared to the Nîgeriàn group that actually won the bid?
I guess u will make another biased excuse?
When I see folks like u, I know the country is hopeIess.
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by obyno82: 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2023
JagabanB:

So why blame Buhari and co for things crashing since those things were bound to crash in the first place?
U see why the country never grows?
Everything was crashing and bound for crashing under OBJ and because he supported PitObi in the last election, he is right and everything he damaged was not his fault.
What about selling ALSCON to a Russian company who wrote their proposal in Russian language and made a far lesser offer compared to the Nîgeriàn group that actually won the bid?
I guess u will make another biased excuse?
When I see folks like u, I know the country is hopeIess.

Tell me what Buhari crashed? Is it not the economy he flashed in general. Oga stop all this hare and bias, it is people like you that make me feel this country has no hope, you prefer to play Ostrich and show bias in your analysis.
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by JagabanB: 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2023
obyno82:

Tell me what Buhari crashed? Is it not the economy he flashed in general. Oga stop all this hare and bias, it is people like you that make me feel this country has no hope, you prefer to play Ostrich and show bias in your analysis.
People like u are the actual problem of the country.
We are poor today because OBJ crashed what should have grown the society instead of adding to it.
You celebrate a man for crîtîcîziñg exactly same thing he did because he supported a candidate u wanted in power.
That's what bias is all about, nothing else.
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by Makunahatata: 11:57pm On Sep 21, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:
Stinking agbado miscreants will avoid this thread like a plague. Stupid idiots!!!
Cc: Seun Mynd44 Nlfpmod lalasticlala
Rule 2 & Rule 3
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by obyno82: 4:06am On Nov 07, 2023
JagabanB:

People like u are the actual problem of the country.
We are poor today because OBJ crashed what should have grown the society instead of adding to it.
You celebrate a man for crîtîcîziñg exactly same thing he did because he supported a candidate u wanted in power.
That's what bias is all about, nothing else.

How did Obj crash the society? Your bias is very obvious because this is not a sensible response.
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by JagabanB: 8:20am On Nov 07, 2023
obyno82:

How did Obj crash the society? Your bias is very obvious because this is not a sensible response.
my statement says he crashed what would have grown the society, u lack comprehension skills and u are giving me a mention?
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by jude79(m): 10:25am On Nov 07, 2023
happney65:

Tell them, tell agbadorians, they lack human reasoning, he doesn't know that the phone he's using to insult obasanjo, and the access to information he is enjoying today was as a result of Same obasanjo, the consolidated modern banking he's enjoying today was as a result of obasanjo, millions of jobs were created under obj, while millions of jobs were lost under bubu and Ebola, yet agbadorians are here to assault obasanjo, the model of slavery and zombeism agbadorians exhibit is legendary.

1 Like

Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by obyno82: 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2023
JagabanB:

my statement says he crashed what would have grown the society, u lack comprehension skills and u are giving me a mention?

You don't have sense that is the main thing.
Re: Democracy That Nurtures Insecurity, Unemployment Is A Failure – Obasanjo by JagabanB: 11:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
obyno82:

You don't have sense that is the main thing.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Coming from someone supporting Obi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senators, Representatives And Academic Qualifications. / Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 / I Made A Mistake In National Id Card Registration Can I Change It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.