Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him (61669 Views)

Ex-president, Olusegun Obasanjo Orders Kings To Rise Up And Greet Him (VIDEO) / Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office / Kwam1 Ignores Ambode Who Stood Up To Greet Him At An Event. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by sylve11: 9:44am On Sep 16, 2023
pandoragirigory:
You think he came from the tribe where they wake their fathers with slaps and kicks

😆 🤣 😂 cool
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by illicit(m): 9:51am On Sep 16, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
who appointed them.
Do you know that ordinary governor removed the custodian emir of Kano?

Well, the last time I checked
Obasonjo is neither a governor nor a president
He is not even from Oyo state

So how can he appoint or disappoint them
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Dedeity: 9:52am On Sep 16, 2023
Pakute:
This man for dey enter Aso rock dey spank Margareth's ass if Obi had won.
Like Tinubu like his urchinns, always on drugs
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by AnanseK(m): 9:52am On Sep 16, 2023
So Obasanjo thinks he is still the President?
There is only one President in a country at any one time. He should stop intimidating the Royal Fathers. He is not a President , now.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Faposky95: 9:55am On Sep 16, 2023
chaberry:
A very powerful man ordering his errand boys

It's left for the true Yoruba here to second the statement......
Even Oyingbo dey stand up in respect......
But if na Ogun State, try am na.......!!!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by ObidenceNeckpre: 10:04am On Sep 16, 2023
Does this stop his mother from being an igbo. Phuuuul as president he said. Oponu
001Lotion:
The man they thought was Igbo grin
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Blackdisciple(m): 10:08am On Sep 16, 2023
tydi:
Very soon him go begin poo into oba palms 🤲
Or tell obas to hold his poo while he poos

Then you don know who this man is....
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:17am On Sep 16, 2023
Lama70:
This arrogant man has a poor sense of history. Has he forgotten the story of Oba Adeniran Adeyemi (1) and what transpired between him and a certain high ranking government official during the days of Western region?

It was reported that the government official visited and hosted Oyo traditional council to a meeting. During the meeting he told the said Alaafin to stand up and greet him and the king felt insulted. He thereafter cast a spell on the high-ranking government official which eventually led to his death. I have read that story several times. Maybe Obasanjo doesn't know, or he feels he's too powerful.

May history not repeat itself with him in Oyo state .

Lol. Obasanjo has had serious fights with first class Kings in the past. He once openly called the Awujale of ijebu land a lier. Obasanjo no be ordinary human being

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Bashirkareem31: 10:18am On Sep 16, 2023
accordadoga29:
Na now I come dey believe say this Obasanjo share blood with those waking up their parents with sidekicks. No wonder he supported the mandate thief.

He is not an Omoluabi.

Even Tinubu the CURRENT president bowed to greet Oba of Benin
Sorry,is that not Nnamdi kanu's reflection in the picture,holding the camera?
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Lordatkinson: 10:26am On Sep 16, 2023
This is what happened when you sold your right and position in the name of money.

Even after colonisation, our traditional rulers ought to have taken their rightful place in governance. Their failure to do so but rather preferred to be subordinates to the political class have caused them nothing but erosion of their pride and heritage
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Myer(m): 10:26am On Sep 16, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
undecided

You are showing your true colours here.

And what is my true color? Pray tell sir.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by martinm45: 10:43am On Sep 16, 2023
His excellency. After Yar adua, he is unarguably the best since 1999.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by rollywise(m): 11:03am On Sep 16, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Baba is clowning as usual. grin

Obj dobale-ing for the gbagura below and the olowu below.

This one must have read only the headline. You obviously didn't see where he said he respected the monarch even while in office. What point were you trying to make up there coz e no make sense🤷‍♂️
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Follak: 11:21am On Sep 16, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic0LdtudI-g

Watch moment former president Olusegun Obasanjo "orders" Oyo monarchs to stand up and honour him at a recent event in Iseyin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2023/09/15/obasanjo-orders-oyo-monarchs-to-stand-up-and-greet-him/amp/
I'm not a fan of Obasanjo but I support his opinion regarding this issue.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Honestfrend: 11:27am On Sep 16, 2023
OBJ
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by 49cents(m): 11:42am On Sep 16, 2023
After Tinubu bought then out last elections ..obasanjo must have lost all the respect he accorded these set of political obas in particular
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by soccerlite: 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Maybe the two you mentioned have charm more than him
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Lama70(m): 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Lol. Obasanjo has had serious fights with first class Kings in the past. He once openly called the Awujale of ijebu land a lier. Obasanjo no be ordinary human being

Ebora Owu himself. Lol
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Fujiyama: 12:16pm On Sep 16, 2023
Myer:

And what is my true color? Pray tell sir.

^^^

You sounded genuine on this thread below. Even though I strongly disagreed with your views, I heard you out. But it seems I read you wrong...

https://www.nairaland.com/post/125537115
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by one4GOD(f): 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic0LdtudI-g

Watch moment former president Olusegun Obasanjo "orders" Oyo monarchs to stand up and honour him at a recent event in Iseyin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2023/09/15/obasanjo-orders-oyo-monarchs-to-stand-up-and-greet-him/amp/
waoow they brought this level of shame on themselves. What do you expect when you have compromised your integrity on the altar of Ross Royce and ghana must go bags. Dem never see anything😄😄😄😄 tinubu will even cane their butts sef, what they have in their hands is no longer staff of office cos there is no more power in it what they have is staff bought on jumia and Ali express🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by ElValiente(m): 12:22pm On Sep 16, 2023
Obj for the culture. They can't relate. Money before respect for elders geng. grin
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by one4GOD(f): 12:22pm On Sep 16, 2023
pandoragirigory:
You think he came from the tribe where they wake their fathers with slaps and kicks
pls tell us which land this public shame happened at least the land you are referring dont pretend to be what they are not. Shame on any tribe that shy away from the truth but rather choose to suffer in silence all in the name of tribe, shame shame shame abeg
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by one4GOD(f): 12:26pm On Sep 16, 2023
accordadoga29:
Na now I come dey believe say this Obasanjo share blood with those waking up their parents with sidekicks. No wonder he supported the mandate thief.

He is not an Omoluabi.

Even Tinubu the CURRENT president bowed to greet Oba of Benin
shame on the tribe that are always afraid to say things the way it should be done all they are known for is hypocrisy and all that is coming into open now, unah no fit hide am again. The one u show here bowing to oba of benin is doing show nothing else. No tribe in this nation that I see with no sense of shame like the one you said Obasanjo is not, this tribe have already become the medicine of the world, just watch and see😏😏😏
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by DaveHarry(m): 12:33pm On Sep 16, 2023
All these irrelevant, irresponsible and valueless beings called monarchs. Monarchs my foot. Obasanjo even tried ordering them to only stand up, they should've run the entire length of the venue.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Myer(m): 12:56pm On Sep 16, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^

You sounded genuine on tht6gis thread below. Even though I strongly disagreed with your views, I heard you out. But it seems I read you wrong...

https://www.nairaland.com/post/125537115

I truly appreciate your kind of person. You seem very emotionally balanced.

The truth is it is difficult especially at this point in time judging by antecedents, precedents and recent incidents, not to be tribalustic towards the Igbos even for someone who considers themselves detribalised.

And if you're being honest, you will agree with this.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by KingOKON: 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

There is difference between Government official functions and paying homage to traditional rulers
Like he said Age and position determine everything
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Bringbackmandat: 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2023
illicit:

Well, the last time I checked
Obasonjo is neither a governor nor a president
He is not even from Oyo state

So how can he appoint or disappoint them
hahahaha, you don't know how the politics of this country is going. Do you think the governor will refuse if Obasanjo make a recommendation for their sack? Do you know that there are some appointments that tinubu is making now without knowing those individuals?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Unrated900(m): 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2023
He isn't dead yet
So rest ipob

quote author=Hikana post=125813486]Obasanjo will be greatly remembered [/quote]
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by illicit(m): 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
hahahaha, you don't know how the politics of this country is going. Do you think the governor will refuse if Obasanjo make a recommendation for their sack? Do you know that there are some appointments that tinubu is making now without knowing those individuals?

Now don't you think that will be self centered and counter productive

These are Kings of towns that have eminent personalities too
Does obasonjo own Yorubaland to enthrone and dethrone king for what he perceives as personal disrespect?

There are no law courts anymore?

What will be the reason for their dethronement?

About 20 Kings for one obasonjo who is senile
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Dennisochampa: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2023
idanone:
Obaseki can kick him out in 10 minute
..... Obaseki go kick out obj abi? That one na normal!!
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Bringbackmandat: 1:55pm On Sep 16, 2023
illicit:

Now don't you think that will be self centered and counter productive

These are Kings of towns that have eminent personalities too
Does obasonjo own Yorubaland to enthrone and dethrone king for what he perceives as personal disrespect?

There are no law courts anymore?

What will be the reason for their dethronement?

About 20 Kings for one obasonjo who is senile
law Court in this country
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Pacesetter123(m): 1:59pm On Sep 16, 2023
Papa still think say nah military barracks him dey?

Which kind jey jey command be dis?
Stand up! Sit down!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

#RiversRerun: Betty Apiafi Emerges Winner / Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London / Aisha Buhari Greets Wike: "As E Dey Pain Dem, E Sweet Us Well Well"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.