Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain (2520 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Seen Buying Roasted Plantain In Lagos (Video) / 2023: Photos Of Tinubu Plantain Chips / Governor Sanwo-Olu Buying Roasted Plantain (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by DyshApp: 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
No doubt, beans and fried plantain, popularly referred to as 'dodo', is one delicious meal every average Nigerian loves to eat. The combination of these foods is one that leaves you longing for more.

However, the feeling of sweetness or how delicious a meal is doesn't make it healthy for you.

When food is properly combined, every organ in the body enjoys it. However, if food Is wrongly combined, some health abnormalities arise. The liver is often the first hit, and in some cases, it could lead to death or serious Illnesses.

Pius, a popular tweeter user with the Twitter handle @prof_plus, had, through his tweeter page, explained why the combination of fried plantain and beans may not be healthy.

According to him, cooking food like beans with unripe plantain has no problems; he said this combination, in fact, is a perfect combo which makes digestion easy.

However, the same plantain, when it ripes, becomes the fruit, he added.

"So, Fire turns the plantains' sweetness, known as fructose, to acidity. Not just acidic, but it's highly acidic. When fruits are damaged by fire, they become poison to the body. Who suffers? The Liver!"

"Here is the problem. Beans take between five to seven hours to digest properly and leave the stomach. While ripe plantains take just three hours."

Find out what Doctors say about the implications of ripe plantain and beans and what this delicious poison do to the body on the Dysh app:https://dyshus.com/articles

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by Jewessgratitud3: 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
For so many years now it has been a staple in many homes in Nigeria, nothing don happen. Abeg leave story.

My best combo!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by Isokotolopia: 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2023
Na lie ooo, from 1985 been eating it and nothing dey happen

9 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
OP na you sabi oo...

As for me, bread, beans and plantain combo will never depart from my stomach.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by lazkizz(m): 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2023
madam put 16 plantain inside my big bowl of hot beans I want to die today .

Rubbish na onyinbo cook and oats no be posion , continue suffering form your colonial masters.

let's not even talk of garri today. the European makes our diets looks like posion while glorifying their junks .

No wonder 84% of them are Obeyised.

21 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by brain54(m): 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
All die na die my bloda…

What’s life with out beans and soft dodo? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by talented321: 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2023
I want to eat beans and plantain now, when i'm done with my loud..

4 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by Little21: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2023
I will definitely be dead without it😭.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by Googledotcom: 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
If we listen to most health practitioners abi food nutritionist, many people will starve to death.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by epondudu: 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
Op..... grin
Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by VinnyBaba: 9:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
This Post/Advice is for OBidients, who are always Well to do
and have means of eating Good Food.😊😎

Unlike APC Agbadorian DingBats, who feed on RUBBISH! embarassed cry

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by shox(m): 12:42am On Sep 16, 2023
Op is a mad man

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by DyingFetus: 3:26am On Sep 16, 2023
Who beans and plantain epp

Na this one be real deal , e fit hold you for a year

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by MrAgbako: 4:16am On Sep 16, 2023
U dey mad o.
U no just see anybody tell you.

Dodo and beans wey be my favorite. I dey knack the food with egg, and meat combination 😂
Anybody wey say make I leave am amadiogha go fire their yansh o. 😂

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by Raskimonojendor: 4:24am On Sep 16, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
For so many years now it has been a staple in most homes in Nigeria, nothing don happen. Abeg, leave story.

My best combo!
Even in British Nigerians, American Nigerians, e.t.c homes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by Ladyclara002(f): 6:53am On Sep 16, 2023
Forget sha,that meal is very sweet

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by Gadafii: 7:21am On Sep 16, 2023
I can eat beans with any other attaché like bread, yam, plantain, pap, etc everyday of my life, twice on a rainy Saturday morning

I never see or meet who like brand reach me

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by Tallesty1(m): 8:26am On Sep 16, 2023
lazkizz:
madam put 16 plantain inside my big bowl of hot beans I want to die today .

Rubbish na onyinbo cook and oats no be posion , continue suffering form your colonial masters.

let's not even talk of garri today. the European makes our diets looks like posion while glorifying their junks .

No wonder 84% of them are Obeyised.
The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
The French drink excessive amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is what kills you.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by cbaba: 8:27am On Sep 16, 2023
Fruits turn to acid after heating....hahaha

Olodo...oya ...which acid?

Fruit itself no get acid??

Make I even go cook am chop sef

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by Starboytwo(m): 8:31am On Sep 16, 2023
Little21:
I will definitely be dead without it😭.
I'm about to enter inside coma cuz no beans and dodo in my system for the last 48 hours.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by Little21: 11:11am On Sep 16, 2023
Starboytwo:
I'm about to enter inside coma cuz no beans and dodo in my system for the last 48 hours.
Eya.. Pele😂😭
Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by wonder233: 11:47am On Sep 16, 2023
Everyone rushing to mock the post and post taunting comments, hail their ancestors and blame the white man, ignore the message altogether without even the littlest of attempts to investigate further ...at the end of the day, stew in collective ignorance.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by NSNO(m): 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2023
DyingFetus:
Who beans and plantain epp

Na this one be real deal , e fit hold you for a year
This breast looks cancerous, abi na eye dey pain me undecided
Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by DyshApp: 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2023
wonder233:
Everyone rushing to mock the post and post taunting comments, hail their ancestors and blame the white man, ignore the message altogether without even the littlest of attempts to investigate further ...at the end of the day, stew in collective ignorance.

The truth is that you can never be too careful there are a lot of meals that are not healthy but you can still try to be healthy by either reducing these meals or cutting it off but because most people are already used to it, it becomes hard to cut off unless there's a health problem that's why they call it delicious poison
Re: Why You Shouldn't Eat Beans And Plantain by alexpumpin: 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2023
It depends on individual body systems.
I stopped eating beans and plantain years back because it takes an average of 8 hours before it digest in my stomach and most times resulted in gastric. It is not healthy for me

(1) (Reply)

News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri / Warning Alert In Lagos: Evacuate, Heavy Floods Coming! / Imo State Is Mrs (dr) Viola Onwuliri Anti Mrs (dr) Ada Okwuonu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.