Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu (30409 Views)

Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? / Retailers: Why We Can't Sell BUA Cement At N3,500 / BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by Bobloco: 5:57am On Sep 16, 2023
The Chairman of BUA Group, Abdul-Samad Rabiu, says the company is set to reduce the price of cement in Nigeria.

He disclosed this on Friday while speaking to State House correspondents after meeting with President Bola Tinubu.

Rabiu said to support the efforts of the government to crash the price of the product, the company would add two new plants at the end of the year or early next year.

According to him, the plants to be commissioned by Tinubu, would bring BUA Cement’s total capacity to 17 million metric tons.

This, he said will enable the company to reduce the price of cement to about 3500 naira per bag.

He said: “Let me thank His Excellency Mr. President for graciously receiving me today. I came to intimate His Excellency on the affairs of our cement business. We have two new lines of 3 million tonnes each that we will be commissioned by the end of the year.

“So I came to intimate His Excellency and also to explain to him the efforts we’re making in trying to support again the efforts of the government in bringing down the price of cement.

With this 6 million tonnes that are commissioning by the end of the year. And by the way, His Excellency has agreed to come and commission the plants, sometimes in December or early January next year.

“So I explained to him and we want to support the efforts of the government in bringing down the price of cement. By the time these lines are commissioned, BUA Cement will to be producing about 17 million tonnes per annum. And with that, we intend to bring down the price of cement from its current level of N5000 or N5500 per bag to maybe N3000 to N3500 per bag.

“And we can only do that because we’re producing cement locally. 80% of the raw materials that we’re using to produce cement are in Nigeria. We want to support the government efforts in ensuring that the price of thess commodities are brought down.

“Incidentally, I also saw the Honorable Minister David Umahi, when I was with the with His Excellency, Mr. President, and we agreed to meet so what we’re going to do is by the time we commission these two lines is to announce to Nigerians that the price of cement is going to come down.”

https://dailytrust.com/bua-moves-to-crash-cement-price-to-n3500-after-meeting-tinubu/

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by oyebanji44: 6:02am On Sep 16, 2023
Nigerians know wella that people from divided camp will not like this good news..... grin grin

119 Likes 11 Shares

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by MrAgbako: 6:09am On Sep 16, 2023
Good move

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by wittywriter: 6:09am On Sep 16, 2023
Welcome development ...but why announce the intent rather than practically implement to announce .SMH.
Julius1995:
You are the only set of people in the world that celebrates, speculation, lies, promises, most of which do not materialize.

9gerian:
To ensure that the people are aware and demand same price when buying.

This is one of the positives of a Tinubu presidency. The man has the respect of all and sundry in driving positive change, if he chooses to.

Hopefully, he is not shielded from the reality on the streets by those surrounding him because that is the biggest problem of any serious minded leadership anywhere in the world- your inner circle.

As a leader, you must have various independent and alternative sources of garnering feedback, else the leader is done for!

You obviously didn't comprehend my mention going by the bolded.
Is BUA owned by BAT?.

9gerian:
Every single candidate has his perceived pros (positives) and cons (negatives).

To mention but a few:

Atiku is liberal and would allow a market driven economy as a Businessman that has shown capacity through his business ventures . His cons include the drama between him and his principal Obasanjo that has since impacted his image to an extent as being very corrupt over privatization. He remains vindicated by the courts though.

Tinubu is also a market inclined expert judging from his antecedents in Lagos. This was his biggest pros because we hear everyone that is important including locally in Nigeria and even Businessmen in India who quickly make pledges accordingly. It is why the stock exchange has been over performing since he became president. That is what I was referring to about the positives of a Tinubu presidency that can be exploited continuously if the ball is not dropped as I referenced his inner circle. However, Tinubu’s cons includes his perceived hold on who becomes governor in Lagos, which is seen purely as godfatherism. Others include the secrecy around some of his past and documents (which could also be a strategy to keep his opponents guessing while he marshals his way to consolidate his victory).

Peter Obi, has the goodwill of being seen as decent, frugal and not tainted with the level of corruption that the other 2 are suspected of (at least until they are both proven guilty). His pros also include his exploits in Anambra educational sector, and perhaps his youthful mien and energy. That he is Igbo is dicey as that could be a pros (good thing) for a much touted Igbo presidency that is somewhat overdue, or a cons when the politicians go their usual route of tribal sentiments using the past as a weapon (they all did this though). However, his major cons includes an unsung performance as governor of Anambra, which is a major one that should have been a pros. Hence it’s difficult for some people (including corporates) to completely place what to expect from Obi on the economic front, which is really the grey area with him.

This is why Tinubu appears and has so far proven to be the most positive choice for the economy as most investors locally and internationally continue to declare. Still not uhuru unless these positives tricks down to the grassroots. This is where the Bua declaration of price slash comes in (indicative of Tinubu’s influence as is now becoming common). We should welcome more of such corporate initiatives to soften the burden of the economy on the masses.

Finally, every scrutiny must remain balanced and neutral to be heard as political opponents will mostly be sentimental, which is within their rights as long as they do not resort to violence, bullying, intimidation or insults.

Shalom!

Wittyness

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by doffman: 6:11am On Sep 16, 2023
Dangote will now force to be considerate .

25 Likes

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by 22o62021: 6:15am On Sep 16, 2023
Dangote nko

7 Likes

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by MrAgbako: 6:17am On Sep 16, 2023
oyebanji44:
Nigerians know wella that people from divided camp will not like this good news..... grin grin

Those Igbos brains is fvcked up.
They hate tinubu
They hate dangote

Innoson is an "angel" 😂
Perhaps they would say tinubu should had visited innoson instead😂

Imagine people continually wailing because of the high price of cement and now that something had been done about it are still unhappy because tinubu was the man to get it right and not their failure Obi the Pandora thief 😂🏃

82 Likes 17 Shares

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by Jlow2: 6:31am On Sep 16, 2023
Let it be done first , because we know what apc promises looked like in the past 8years

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by whizzler: 6:33am On Sep 16, 2023
Bobloco:

The Chairman of BUA Group, Abdul-Samad Rabiu, says the company is set to reduce the price of cement in Nigeria.

He disclosed this on Friday while speaking ith State House correspondents after meeting with President Bola Tinubu.

Rabiu said to support the efforts of the government to crash the price of the product, the company would add two new plants at the end of the year or early next year.

According to him, the plants to be commissioned by Tinubu, would bring BUA Cement’s total capacity to 17 million metric tons.

This, he said will enable the company to reduce the price of cement to about 3500 naira per bag.

He said: “Let me thank His Excellency Mr. President for graciously receiving me today. I came to intimate His Excellency on the affairs of our cement business. We have two new lines of 3 million tonnes each that we will be commissioned by the end of the year.

“So I came to intimate His Excellency and also to explain to him the efforts we’re making in trying to support again the efforts of the government in bringing down the price of cement.

“With this 6 million tonnes that are commissioning by the end of the year. And by the way, His Excellency has agreed to come and commission the plants, sometimes in December or early January next year.

“So I explained to him and we want to support the efforts of the government in bringing down the price of cement. By the time these lines are commissioned, BUA Cement will to be producing about 17 million tonnes per annum. And with that, we intend to bring down the price of cement from its current level of N5000 or N5500 per bag to maybe N3000 to N3500 per bag.

“And we can only do that because we’re producing cement locally. 80% of the raw materials that we’re using to produce cement are in Nigeria. We want to support the government efforts in ensuring that the price of thess commodities are brought down.

“Incidentally, I also saw the Honorable Minister David Umahi, when I was with the with His Excellency, Mr. President, and we agreed to meet so what we’re going to do is by the time we commission these two lines is to announce to Nigerians that the price of cement is going to come down.”

https://dailytrust.com/bua-moves-to-crash-cement-price-to-n3500-after-meeting-tinubu/

Until then. How much will retailers sell?

6 Likes

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 16, 2023
We pray for the better of the country

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by Ladyclara002(f): 6:47am On Sep 16, 2023
whizzler:

Until then. How much will retailers sell?
Same question i wanted to ask
Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by slam7000(m): 6:52am On Sep 16, 2023
MrAgbako:

They hate tinubu
They hate dangote

Innoson is an "angel" 😂

Imagine people continually wailing because of the high price of cement and now that something had been done about it are still unhappy because tinubu was the man to get it right and not their failure Obi the Pandora thief 😂🏃

Cement prices are still high and above N5000. Nothing has been done about it and it’s not only obidients and Igbos that are not happy about the high price and inflation. It affects every Nigerian. You should be happy that those you hate are actually voicing out the same frustrations that affects you.

If the price crashes as stated in the story, I’m sure BUA chairman and Tinubu will be hailed. Bad politics and governance affect everyone and when things are done right, when there is fairness, transparency and accountability, you wouldn’t need a propagandist like Lai Mohammed.
Nigeria has been unfortunate with evil people, incompetence, corruption and horrible government. If things are done right, if the government is sincere even the most pessimistic opposition would hail their efforts.

Everyone wants Nigeria to succeed but it wouldn’t if half educated, paranoid and sycophantic trolls like you keep spreading hate and malice all over social media.

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by Jlow2: 6:52am On Sep 16, 2023
Dangote should go to hell, he is of no good to Nigerians, EMEIFELE sold 3.4billion dollars to him through the back window at cheap rates while Nigerians that were importing essential commodities could not get dollars at even official rate, where is the refinery he promised by july, despite all govt interventions, if not for bua s competition we would be buying cement 10k per bag

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 16, 2023
Very good move

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by majesticguy: 7:01am On Sep 16, 2023
Crashing the price of cement isn't the issue, increase in haulage costs arising from petrol price hike would always make the price of the commodity high or exorbitant.

The best approach to making cement affordable is to set up cement factories across many zones in the federation as possible. Limestone deposits abound in many states of the country including Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Enugu, Imo, Nasarawa, Ogun and Sokoto. Like Enugu and Anambra could cater for the Eastern region, Cross River for the South South etc. This should be the best approach as to making cement affordable.

27 Likes

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by southsouthking(m): 7:07am On Sep 16, 2023
Believe this government at your own risk.

BTW: Seun please look at some comments above mine, it clearly shows is time to ban those bigot Yoruba and Igbos from this Forum.
They are constituting Nuuuuuisssance and derailing threads.

11 Likes

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by kokoA(m): 7:09am On Sep 16, 2023
majesticguy:
Crashing the price of cement isn't the issue, increase in haulage costs arising from petrol price hike would always make the price of the commodity high or exorbitant.

The best approach to making cement affordable is to set up cement factories across many zones in the federation as possible. Limestone deposits abound in many states of the country including Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Enugu, Imo, Nasarawa, Ogun and Sokoto. Like Enugu and Anambra could cater for the Eastern region, Cross River for the South South etc. This should be the best approach as to making cement affordable.
Oil dey your head.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by Kingcalls: 7:13am On Sep 16, 2023
45 billion from India...lies

Dangote refinery opens in September...lies

Government refinery opens in December...lies

33billion foreign reserve...lies

Dollar will drop after floating naira...lies

Billions in palliative will soften hardship...lies

I will appoint technocrats as ministers...lies

Dubai have cancelled visa ban...lies

Crashing of cement price ....another lie

The only truth are the policies to make the people suffer ... as long as say hardship no de am...just know say na lie

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by Auraking: 7:19am On Sep 16, 2023
Get cheap Data on my signature
Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by Ofunaofu: 7:19am On Sep 16, 2023
MrAgbako:

They hate tinubu
They hate dangote

Innoson is an "angel" 😂

You and the Monika you quoted, your mental health is wrecked

All you do every day is display tribal bigotry

9 Likes

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by shox(m): 7:39am On Sep 16, 2023
Something wey dem go still deny.

1 Like

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by PrinceOfLagos: 7:42am On Sep 16, 2023
shox:
Something wey dem go still deny.
You know the gist 😂

Tinubu government and lies are inseparable

8 Likes

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by Wisereborn: 7:44am On Sep 16, 2023
Where are they crashing to See crashing grin grin grin grin grin grin N3,500 this one na crashing grin grin grin grin grin grin

If you want to talk about crashing, talk about N1000/N1500 after all the resources are generated locally

I don't see the reason why it is this expensive in the first place undecided

5 Likes

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by inoki247: 7:46am On Sep 16, 2023
I pray so because his Cement cost pass Dangote own wey dem dey call Monopoly....

2 Likes

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by uchelouis45(m): 7:47am On Sep 16, 2023
If I say pro you say pa another man say ganda omo na you sabi

1 Like

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by layzie: 7:50am On Sep 16, 2023
wittywriter:
Welcome development ...but why announce the intent rather than practically implement to announce .SMH.

Wittyness

Good news. It's also good to announce intent, so other producer will start working on price reduction as well. All to the benefit Nigerians.

MrAgbako:

They hate tinubu
They hate dangote

Innoson is an "angel" 😂

oyebanji44:

U both are even more dangerous to this country than the people u re trying to blame. Inciteful comments never helps anybody, not even u. When I see some comments online I wonder, how do u guys coexist? Don't u have friends form other tribes? Do u go about making inciteful comments to them when u guys meet up or what? How will dat relationship thrive? Abi it's only online u display this?
Some of the best friends I've heard are from other tribes, even other religions and I will always cherish those friendships.
I don't just know how u guys live this way, really. I don't.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by SmartPolician: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2023
Una don start again?

You people haven't learnt from this UAE visa ban saga?

You cannot run a country on propaganda, lies and deceits!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by Klinee: 8:37am On Sep 16, 2023
Am still wondering why cement prices in Nigeria is very high compared to other countries with high cost of living.
Are they really producing cement in Nigeria or are they still importing it.
China minimum wage is about 400000 to 500000 naira but 50kg of cement is sold at 2100 to 2300 naira. Why would the cost cement in Nigeria be as high up to 5000 naira, that is ridiculous.
Maybe they are not producing locally as they claimed.

4 Likes

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by dapsoneh: 8:40am On Sep 16, 2023
Dangote needs serious competitions. All this nonsense monopoly should be destroyed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by Infobase101: 8:41am On Sep 16, 2023
Hope they do it.

Hope it's based on sustainable grounds.

That will be nice.

We are tired of this one man monopolistic power in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu by handsomeyinka(m): 8:41am On Sep 16, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? / CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash / Oyin Jolayemi Biography Of The CEO Of Daily Need Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.