Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App (21186 Views)

NIN Registration Centre Spotted In The UK (Video, Pictures) / Buhari’s Ministers Divided Over Cancellation Of NIN Registration / SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by paymentvoucher: 6:56am On Sep 17, 2023
The National Identity Management Commission has launched a self-service solution that allows Nigerians to register for the National Identification Number from the comfort of their house through a smartphone.

The platform was launched at the commemoration of the 5th Identity Day by the Commission and the Ministry of Interior on Saturday in Abuja.

At the launch, the Commission’s Acting Director General/CEO, Abisoye Coker-Odusote, stressed the critical role of identity in the country.

She said, “Identity is more than a mere card or a number; it symbolises our existence, our entitlements, and our place within society. It unlocks access to essential services, social benefits, and pathways to personal and economic growth. It stands as a testament to our individuality while serving as a bridge to our shared humanity.”

She also stressed the need to remain vigilant in safeguarding the integrity and security of identity systems by prioritising the principles of privacy and data protection.

She added, “Above all, we must be inclusive, leaving no one behind as we endeavour to provide identity solutions for all.”

The NIMC boss also said that a proper identity management system can help the country in combating insecurity, and providing support to Nigerians, among other benefits.

On the reason for the self-service solution platform, she said “We are trying to increase the turn-around time of registration. I have heard a lot of complaints from the average Nigerians about going for a registration. It takes them a long time and it also takes them a long time to get feedback after registration has been completed.

“So, what are trying to do is to create an ease of access for you to be able to register from the comfort of your own house. If you don’t have access to a digital tool, you can approach the NIMC office or any of our front-end partners that are in your neighbourhood.”

Speaking with the press after the event, the Minister of Interior, Dr. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, said that the Federal Government intends to harmonise all data regarding the identification of Nigerians.

He said, “I want to assure you that very soon, we are working on the modalities of harmonising all identity data that we have, from BVN to the telcos, the NIMC, voters’ identification, and everything. We will be working closely with NIMC because, by law, NIMC is a statutory body that is given the power to harmonise and maintain an identity database for the nation.”

The NIMC self-service enrolment system will be powered by Banksforte Technology Limited, a subsidiary of Banksforte Group, which offers services in project management, construction engineering, ICT, and other areas.

The PUNCH observed that despite the launch on Saturday, the self-service application was not available for download yet on both PlayStore and App Store.

Speaking with the Chief Executive Officer, Barnksforte Technology Limited, Mr Dayo Bankole, said that the application was created in partnership with NIMC and is called NIMC Contactless Biometric Solution

On when it will be available for download, he said, “that will be determined by the NIMC. But I am sure it will be out as soon as possible.”

The app will save Nigerians, including those in the diaspora from having to visit a NIMC office or partner-agent office for NIN-related issues.

It also allows modifications, such as the change of one’s age, which the Barnksforte CEO said can only be done once on the application.
Source: https://punchng.com/nimc-unveils-self-service-nin-registration-app/

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by iamtardey: 6:58am On Sep 17, 2023
That’s like a BIG STEP forward tho.

30 Likes

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by successmatters(m): 7:02am On Sep 17, 2023
It won't work.

Is it not Nigeria where every government app is rubbish?

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by ThinkSmarter: 7:11am On Sep 17, 2023
Smart Move
Life shouldn't be complicated.
Same way there should be Database of Graduates.
NYSC and TRCN have enormous Data that are very critical for Decisions making.
I think NASSIM/Npower also has a reliable Database of Unemployed Nigerian Graduates.
To the guy above me, I understand your reservation.
But, it appears that more competent people are taking over the helms of affairs of some different ministries and parastatals of recent.
Take a Clue at how NTA all of a sudden revived.
I recently updated the NIMC app on play store and I can tell that the recently released version is better and I can give it a rating of 4.0, hopefully, it will get to at least 4.5 in the nearest future.
The government should invest more in staff training.
Especially in Data Science /Analytics as it will champion accelerated growth and productivity.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by ThatFairGuy1: 7:15am On Sep 17, 2023
And you'll/you're happy?

Stop being a pessimist Nwane
successmatters:
It won't work.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by MrsTwrite(f): 7:16am On Sep 17, 2023
This is a good development.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by sofnana(m): 7:33am On Sep 17, 2023
This is a good development but what will happen to the app if there server is down as usual.

4 Likes

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by tunwumi: 7:53am On Sep 17, 2023
Ok
Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by BIZNess123(m): 7:53am On Sep 17, 2023

The new interior minister has hit the ground running....he will soon start flying...

Is as if some ministers are sleeping e.g labour

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by phemmyfour: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2023
Here we go again

Another app
Another banger
Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by lathrowinger: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2023
Good move

2 Likes

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by Yankee101: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2023
Apps can access every information in your phone

Messages, pictures, files, nudes, contacts (like those loan guys do), call logs etc

So download apps from only institutions you can trust for 100 years, or at least think you can. Not those that will activate your details or weaponize it during elections or witch hunting

6 Likes

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:54am On Sep 17, 2023
Okay, we are watching , me wey my NiN slip don't lost wey the guy charge me #500, the tin don lost the second time again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by englishmart(m): 7:54am On Sep 17, 2023
If you believe it will work effectively, then I have 2 Yachts in Malaysia for sale. Very affordable

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by chiokeman(m): 7:55am On Sep 17, 2023
Which FG App is working?

2 Likes

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by pocom16: 7:55am On Sep 17, 2023
successmatters:
It won't work.

Their previous NIMC apps works well though

8 Likes

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by KingLennon(m): 7:55am On Sep 17, 2023
Since 2013 till today, I have not collected the original. This NIMC is totally clueless

4 Likes

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by wittywriter: 7:55am On Sep 17, 2023
Long overdue!.
Hope they have a good web portal that won't crash because of huge traffic?.

Wittyness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by Yalery: 7:56am On Sep 17, 2023

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2023
Hope it will not experienced system glitch soon oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by Bedminton: 7:58am On Sep 17, 2023
Good, the wahala too much, everything you must know someone in dis country

Video editiñg tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YybGgOlD3s
Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by southsouthking(m): 7:59am On Sep 17, 2023
Better
Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:00am On Sep 17, 2023
successmatters:
It won't work.

NIGERIA WILL WORK,THE NIN WILL WORK,
DONT COMPARE BUHA CLUELESS REGIME WITH THIS REGIME

8 Likes

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by Coldie(m): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2023
Buhari use NIN registration settle him people.

This Apc system where winner takes all needs to end.

Once someone becomes president there job is to empower only their tribe people. Is very bad
Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 17, 2023
Glitches
Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:02am On Sep 17, 2023
Truhe35t:
>:
How much have lost that you want to recover,paid for fixed matches yet no significant gain grin

1 Like

Re: NIMC Unveils Self-Service NIN Registration App by Chetas81(m): 8:03am On Sep 17, 2023
Chasing shadow is the first priority, see how majority of the Nigeria road damage, bandit is there kidnapper's is there boko boko is there, your nin cannot catch this criminals, your app might help more terrorist

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orubebe: FG Drops Bribery Charges Against Ex-Minister / Battle For Ministerial Appointments Rages As President Prepares Final List / Police Recover Ogun House Of Assembly Mace In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.