Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,857 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? (698 Views)

Tailwindcss Is Nice But... / Tailwind CSS Vs Bootstrap / Flutter Vs React Native Vs Xamarin For Cross Platform Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by Englishisamust: 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
React + Css and React + Tailwind css. Which one do you find easy and is the best!!
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by Tunagy: 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2023
if i know all, i would definitely prefer react + tailwind for fast development. but I'm only to backend php/laravel
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by Unbiased1: 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2023
Englishisamust:
React + Css and React + Tailwind css. Which one do you find easy and is the best!!

React + CSS or React + Styled Components. I prefer writing my CSS from scratch because of its flexibility.
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by fnep2smooth(m): 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2023
Don't listen to the guy above me, why will you reinvent the wheel. Tailwind CSS will even help you to understand CSS more better and help you to development faster
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by jikins(m): 4:40am On Sep 20, 2023
Unbiased1:

React + CSS or React + Styled Components. I prefer writing my CSS from scratch because of its flexibility.

True, you just have full control with raw css but I feel a combination of both is best. You use tailwind for basic straight forward styling then css preferably sass at least for me personally for edge cases you can't achieve with tailwind.
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by Unbiased1: 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2023
jikins:

True, you just have full control with raw css but I feel a combination of both is best. You use tailwind for basic straight forward styling then css preferably sass at least for me personally for edge cases you can't achieve with tailwind.

Don't blame me jare. I have gotten so good with CSS, I just feel I don't need to use any styling framework. The main reason why I use styled components package is because it allows me to write my CSS in the same file with JSX (in react and Next JS) so I don't have to deal with creating and organising a separate CSS file. Also when compiling, styled components add the necessary -webkit styles for better compactibility with browsers similar to the way SCSS does it.
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by Unbiased1: 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2023
fnep2smooth:
Don't listen to the guy above me, why will you reinvent the wheel. Tailwind CSS will even help you to understand CSS more better and help you to development faster

Reinvent which wheel?
Tailwind CSS helps you develop faster? True.
Tailwind CSS helps you understand CSS better? Highly subjective.
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by jikins(m): 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2023
Unbiased1:

Don't blame me jare. I have gotten so good with CSS, I just feel I don't need to use any styling framework. The main reason why I use styled components package is because it allows me to write my CSS in the same file with JSX (in react and Next JS) so I don't have to deal with creating and organising a separate CSS file. Also when compiling, styled components add the necessary -webkit styles for better compactibility with browsers similar to the way SCSS does it.

Well give it a try. I was like you once upon a time. Writing raw css was always my go too. But I had a project where tailwind was used I didn't want to deviate from the norm there. It was a pain at first having to learn the class names and the likes. The tailwind extension helps alot. But I was quickly converted.

I could be wrong though but I don't usually use styled components because I feel its just added javascript that needs to be complied by the client. Granted its fun to write especially when you can rename stuff like divs and the likes to more readable names, have type safety together with just writing js in css code can be very fun. But! but, the thought of sending even more javascript than necessary to the client haunts me when I use it.
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by fixzycode: 10:08pm On Sep 21, 2023
After going through this
https://codefixzy.com/?p=89
article, I was able to make the best decision regarding this your question

1 Like

Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by XXLDICK(m): 10:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
Unbiased1:

Styled components in 2023?

You don't even know the reason for Tailwind CSS. It has nothing to do with whether you are good at vanilla CSS or not.

Tailwind is Atomic, easily maintainable... I see no reason Vanilla CSS should be used over Tailwind. Tailwind should be a standard sef.
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by cola: 7:27am On Sep 24, 2023
This makes it seem as if Tailwind is the only option with React besides vanilla CSS. Folks that know how can build fantastic UI's with Chakra, material UI, even bootstrap.
Yes, Tailwind is hugely popular and makes sense, but this type of limiting question could give beginners a wrong impression.
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by jikins(m): 9:23am On Sep 24, 2023
cola:
This makes it seem as if Tailwind is the only option with React besides vanilla CSS. Folks that know how can build fantastic UI's with Chakra, material UI, even bootstrap.
Yes, Tailwind is hugely popular and makes sense, but this type of limiting question could give beginners a wrong impression.

Not necessarily, you mentioned UI libraries. Which is different from stying your own components from scratch or modifying UI library components with css. Using tailwind or vanilla css doesn't stop you from using your favourite UI library.

The topic was really css or tailwind in a react project not necessarily which UI library to use. Hope you understand.
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by cola: 11:57am On Sep 24, 2023
Not necessarily. smiley
The op asked about styling (CSS).
Most of the tools I mentioned are CSS frameworks, not necessarily component based libraries.

Yes, if the topic is how I would write CSS in a react project, then I could write with vanilla CSS, or TailwindCSS, or bootstrap or bulma, etc. So if the discussion is limited to vanilla or TailwindCSS, beginners could go away with the impression that these are the limited possibilities.

My take.
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by jikins(m): 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2023
cola:
Not necessarily. smiley
The op asked about styling (CSS).
Most of the tools I mentioned are CSS frameworks, not necessarily component based libraries.

Yes, if the topic is how I would write CSS in a react project, then I could write with vanilla CSS, or TailwindCSS, or bootstrap or bulma, etc. So if the discussion is limited to vanilla or TailwindCSS, beginners could go away with the impression that these are the limited possibilities.

My take.

Its literally in the topic boss. Css or tailwind. Never was it mentioned these are the only css frameworks. So I don't understand your queries. Its like me comparing react and solid js, doesn't mean there aren't other js frontend frameworks. Beginner who can understand English well, will know we are comparing 2 things not that these are the only ones in existence.

And yeah you mainly mentioned UI libraries not css frameworks as you claim. The only css framework there is bootstrap hence my comments.

But it's alright, enjoy your day.
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by BlackhatMentor: 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2023
cola:

Read the topic before commenting.
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by Unbiased1: 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
XXLDICK:

Styled components in 2023?

You don't even know the reason for Tailwind CSS. It has nothing to do with whether you are good at vanilla CSS or not.

Tailwind is Atomic, easily maintainable... I see no reason Vanilla CSS should be used over Tailwind. Tailwind should be a standard sef.

Good for you. I don't use it.
Re: React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? by jikins(m): 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2023
Unbiased1:

Good for you. I don't use it.

Have you heard of facebook's style x looks promising

(1) (Reply)

Themes Creators Pls Help / Sorting Of This Board / Who Can Program/design This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.