Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,546 members, 7,843,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? (7972 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2023
LordReed:

So did Babylon subjugate Egypt? LoLz.

If you like, use the word consume
The original matter is that it defeated the combined forces of the two most powerful nations at the time - Egypt amd Assyria. Yet, you ask how it could have bwen the greatest empire at the time
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 11:45pm On Oct 08, 2023
Aemmyjah:

😂 🤣 😂
Read it
Not skim

Bwahahahahaha! Stop fooling yourself, there is no increase in any of those verses.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 11:48pm On Oct 08, 2023
Aemmyjah:

If you like, use the word consume
The original matter is that it defeated the combined forces of the two most powerful nations at the time - Egypt amd Assyria. Yet, you ask how it could have bwen the greatest empire at the time

Dude I never wrote defeat, I wrote conquer so I dunno which original matter you are referring to. My argument remains Babylon was a great empire yes but the greatest? No!

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:40am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

Dude I never wrote defeat, I wrote conquer so I dunno which original matter you are referring to. My argument remains Babylon was a great empire yes but the greatest? No!

Did Babylon defeat Egypt?
Yes or No?
Babylons victory over the combined forces of Assyria and Egypt made her rise to world power. Yes or No?
After the defeat, which empire was regarded the greatest at the time ?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:57am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! Stop fooling yourself, there is no increase in any of those verses.

It is there
Matthew 24:8,12
If you are confused, seek the Greek context of those words or use other translations especially the meaning of beginning of pangs or distress
Today, there's an increase in lawlessness
No more just news of petty thieves but we hear of bandits, kidnapping of school children, terrorism, homicides, assault, mass shooting, theft, drug related crimes, over all crime rate. Isn't it?
What has evolution predicted for you? Is this the future you want
2 Timothy 3;13 adds more to it
Revelation 6:3-8 says that there will be no end in sight to wars, death, epidemics, hunger until Jesus rules mankind..
To add to what I said earlier about earthquakes, I never mentioned that Bible says there will be major earthquakes. It only says there will be earthquakes in one place after another. That is what we have been seeing and hearing. Whether it reach 7.0 or e no reach, earthquake na earthquake. What was written beforehand is true...
Prophecies is where Bible shows superiority over science books and philosophy
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:08am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

I will respond fully in due course.

Go check what I wrote about Babylon and Egypt and point out where I wrote the word defeat.

Ninevah is being lived in, I will attach the Google map photos later.

Those earthquakes are not considered major earthquakes because they didn't reach 7.0 on the Richter scale. Meanwhile you are yet to quote the place it is written that Jesus said earthquakes will increase.

Edit: I have added 2 screenshots of Google maps, one is of the overhead view of the Kuyunjik hill and the other is ground level shot from the hill to show how close the road and buildings are to the hill. The write up you posted even says there is a village on Kuyunjik.

Edit 2: Added a 3rd picture to show the village and their farms close to the Sennacherib palace ruins.

Look at Ninevah
The entire surface area of the ancient city
Stop playing

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 5:43am On Oct 09, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Look at Ninevah
The entire surface area of the ancient city
Stop playing

LoLz. Even the write up you yourself posted says there's a village on Kuyunji hill yet you are arguing with your own evidence. Bwahahahahaha!

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 5:55am On Oct 09, 2023
Aemmyjah:

It is there
Matthew 24:8,12
If you are confused, seek the Greek context of those words or use other translations especially the meaning of beginning of pangs or distress
Today, there's an increase in lawlessness
No more just news of petty thieves but we hear of bandits, kidnapping of school children, terrorism, homicides, assault, mass shooting, theft, drug related crimes, over all crime rate. Isn't it?
What has evolution predicted for you? Is this the future you want
2 Timothy 3;13 adds more to it
Revelation 6:3-8 says that there will be no end in sight to wars, death, epidemics, hunger until Jesus rules mankind..
To add to what I said earlier about earthquakes, I never mentioned that Bible says there will be major earthquakes. It only says there will be earthquakes in one place after another. That is what we have been seeing and hearing. Whether it reach 7.0 or e no reach, earthquake na earthquake. What was written beforehand is true...
Prophecies is where Bible shows superiority over science books and philosophy

You keep asking me to do your own homework for you. Oh so your JW Bible is not enough again? Why don't you mention the so called translation or screenshot the Greek context? LMAO!

Just show me from the Bible where it says earthquakes will increase or are you going to finally acknowledge that there is no place it says earthquakes or wars will increase? There were earthquakes before Jesus so what is special about predicting that there'd be earthquakes?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 5:58am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

I will respond fully in due course.

Go check what I wrote about Babylon and Egypt and point out where I wrote the word defeat.

Ninevah is being lived in, I will attach the Google map photos later.

Those earthquakes are not considered major earthquakes because they didn't reach 7.0 on the Richter scale. Meanwhile you are yet to quote the place it is written that Jesus said earthquakes will increase.

Edit: I have added 2 screenshots of Google maps, one is of the overhead view of the Kuyunjik hill and the other is ground level shot from the hill to show how close the road and buildings are to the hill. The write up you posted even says there is a village on Kuyunjik.

Edit 2: Added a 3rd picture to show the village and their farms close to the Sennacherib palace ruins.

Regarding earthquakes
If you lived 500 or 1000 or 2000 years ago and you hear that there is or was or will be major earthquakes, what comes to mind?
The devastation it causes to lives of people, animals and properties OR the magnitude on Richter scale?

If a friend from another land calls you and he's scared amd you sense it and he tells you that a great earthquake occurred, will your thinking go to the effect of the earthquake (according to his statement) or the magnitude by Richter scale?
Some translation uses powerful earthquakes, some just mention earthquakes...
Which one was Jesus talking about?
Poor critical thinker

Wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, food shortages, moral decay, ruining of the planet, rise in false religion, blasphemy, increase in lawlessness, preaching the good news of the kingdom earthwide... All these are part of the sign (not signs) that Jesus mentioned. They are just like the lines that form a fingerprint... That fingerprint only matches our day...
The end of the world is very near
All what the Bible foretold is clearly seen
The next major event is for world leaders to come together to announce or declare that they have brought peace and security (false peace though). Which one is likely, A world war that will destroy lives (especially as they are many nuclear weapons today) OR political leaders coming together to make agreements with warring nations or factions both local, and international? They cannot just declare peace and security. They must have done things or taken diplomatic steps to ensuring this.
Next major event is that the religious empire will be destroyed. It is no longer surprising to me as many people and groups are calling on the government to destroy or ban religion, many people are already becoming irreligious as Bible foretold, making these religions weaker and weaker. The Bible says that it is the political empire that will destroy her without pity and many will celebrate but later, some will grieve (apparently for selfish reasons since religion is what political leaders have used to make religious leaders urge people to go to war, etc)... Atheists and even religious people will think that they have defeated God by destroying all religions especially as they claim to be invincible claiming to have God's power. They did not know that these have already been forewritten that God will put it into the heart of the political empire to destroy her. Who does the Bible describes as the means to give the force to such event, it is the UN. Religion will not fade away but be destroyed. Why this happens, Bible does not mention. It could be how she's helped promote wars, support wars, or making huge money by extorting the people. We don't know but that time will come and the Bible says that everyone will give devotion to the political empire or nationalism...
The events are scary though but exciting
We'll wait and see

The End Is Near
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:03am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

You keep asking me to do your own homework for you. Oh so your JW Bible is not enough again? Why don't you mention the so called translation or screenshot the Greek context? LMAO!

Just show me from the Bible where it says earthquakes will increase or are you going to finally acknowledge that there is no place it says earthquakes or wars will increase? There were earthquakes before Jesus so what is special about predicting that there'd be earthquakes?

Did I say earthquakes will increase or that all what Jesus predicted will happen?
Again, Jesus gave a composite sign
You ignore I mention moral decay, people no longer loving God, hatred for one another, ruining of the earth , preaching of the kingdom good news, food shortages, epidemics, earthquakes, all happening at the same time.
Has these always happened?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:12am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Even the write up you yourself posted says there's a village on Kuyunji hill yet you are arguing with your own evidence. Bwahahahahaha!

Lemme adjust ur head

I hope know how to read
The second one is describing how the site looks like
The entire Ninevah lies in ruins as the article mention
You fit go there for your honeymoon

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:21am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

Kuyunji
The following are from worldhistory.org

Who lives in Kuyunji?

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 7:31am On Oct 09, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Kuyunji
The following are from worldhistory.org

Who lives in Kuyunji?

LMAO! You are nitpicking a spelling mistake, really? Bwahahahahaha.

There is a village on Kuyunjik hill right now, in 2023. LoLz plus your own evidence you posted by your own hand says there is a village there. Why are you arguing with your own evidence? Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 8:20am On Oct 09, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Did I say earthquakes will increase or that all what Jesus predicted will happen?
Again, Jesus gave a composite sign
You ignore I mention moral decay, people no longer loving God, hatred for one another, ruining of the earth , preaching of the kingdom good news, food shortages, epidemics, earthquakes, all happening at the same time.
Has these always happened?

Then why were you uselessly arguing and asking me to go look at Greek context? LMAO!

Now that you have acknowledged that increase was not mentioned in Jesus' so called prophecy, know tell me what is special about predicting earthquakes, war, famine, plagues and moral decay? Is there any century on earth from even before Jesus' time that these were not happening at the same time? If there is mention it. Did your Watchtower people not say these thing were happening in 1874 when Jesus was first predicted to come back by your organisation, more than a century ago and that the last days started in in 1799 almost another century before 1874?

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 8:31am On Oct 09, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Regarding earthquakes
If you lived 500 or 1000 or 2000 years ago and you hear that there is or was or will be major earthquakes, what comes to mind?
The devastation it causes to lives of people, animals and properties OR the magnitude on Richter scale?

If a friend from another land calls you and he's scared amd you sense it and he tells you that a great earthquake occurred, will your thinking go to the effect of the earthquake (according to his statement) or the magnitude by Richter scale?
Some translation uses powerful earthquakes, some just mention earthquakes...
Which one was Jesus talking about?
Poor critical thinker

Wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, food shortages, moral decay, ruining of the planet, rise in false religion, blasphemy, increase in lawlessness, preaching the good news of the kingdom earthwide... All these are part of the sign (not signs) that Jesus mentioned. They are just like the lines that form a fingerprint... That fingerprint only matches our day...
The end of the world is very near
All what the Bible foretold is clearly seen
The next major event is for world leaders to come together to announce or declare that they have brought peace and security (false peace though). Which one is likely, A world war that will destroy lives (especially as they are many nuclear weapons today) OR political leaders coming together to make agreements with warring nations or factions both local, and international? They cannot just declare peace and security. They must have done things or taken diplomatic steps to ensuring this.
Next major event is that the religious empire will be destroyed. It is no longer surprising to me as many people and groups are calling on the government to destroy or ban religion, many people are already becoming irreligious as Bible foretold, making these religions weaker and weaker. The Bible says that it is the political empire that will destroy her without pity and many will celebrate but later, some will grieve (apparently for selfish reasons since religion is what political leaders have used to make religious leaders urge people to go to war, etc)... Atheists and even religious people will think that they have defeated God by destroying all religions especially as they claim to be invincible claiming to have God's power. They did not know that these have already been forewritten that God will put it into the heart of the political empire to destroy her. Who does the Bible describes as the means to give the force to such event, it is the UN. Religion will not fade away but be destroyed. Why this happens, Bible does not mention. It could be how she's helped promote wars, support wars, or making huge money by extorting the people. We don't know but that time will come and the Bible says that everyone will give devotion to the political empire or nationalism...
The events are scary though but exciting
We'll wait and see

The End Is Near

I know this the "end is near" shtick is what they are using to scare you in your Kindgom Halls but my guy no be today una organisation start to dey fearmonger. We are well past a century since your organisation first started its doomsaying and you are not the first ones either.

What did your organisation say when the UN was formed? The UN is approaching its own century of existence and yet you are here talking some BS about world leaders coming together.

Ban on religion is another thing that comes and goes in human history. But sure tell me how this whatever ban happens is more special than all the other bans of religion that have happened in the past.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 8:42am On Oct 09, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Did Babylon defeat Egypt?
Yes or No?
Babylons victory over the combined forces of Assyria and Egypt made her rise to world power. Yes or No?
After the defeat, which empire was regarded the greatest at the time ?

Oga the so called prophecy called Babylon superior to all other kingdoms after it. Tell us how Babylon was superior to the Persians after it and the Greeks after them.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:49am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

I know this the "end is near" shtick is what they are using to scare you in your Kindgom Halls but my guy no be today una organisation start to dey fearmonger. We are well past a century since your organisation first started its doomsaying and you are not the first ones either.

What did your organisation say when the UN was formed? The UN is approaching its own century of existence and yet you are here talking some BS about world leaders coming together.

Ban on religion is another thing that comes and goes in human history. But sure tell me how this whatever ban happens is more special than all the other bans of religion that have happened in the past.

We are not preachers of doomsday
Stop filling your brains with lies
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

Then why were you uselessly arguing and asking me to go look at Greek context? LMAO!

Now that you have acknowledged that increase was not mentioned in Jesus' so called prophecy, know tell me what is special about predicting earthquakes, war, famine, plagues and moral decay? Is there any century on earth from even before Jesus' time that these were not happening at the same time? If there is mention it. Did your Watchtower people not say these thing were happening in 1874 when Jesus was first predicted to come back by your organisation, more than a century ago and that the last days started in in 1799 almost another century before 1874?

Including the worldwide campaign of preaching the God's kingdom and the ruining of the earth? What century was that? cheesy
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:51am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

LMAO! You are nitpicking a spelling mistake, really? Bwahahahahaha.

There is a village on Kuyunjik hill right now, in 2023. LoLz plus your own evidence you posted by your own hand says there is a village there. Why are you arguing with your own evidence? Bwahahahahaha!

Photos of cities and villages within Ninevah are in ruins. Read the entire article on wiki and stop being a crybaby. No soul is seen ij Ninevah today
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 8:53am On Oct 09, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Photos of cities and villages within Ninevah are in ruins. Read the entire article on wiki and stop being a crybaby. No soul is seen ij Ninevah today

LoLz! A village that is less than 30m from the palace ruins? Why do you keep arguing with your own evidence? Bwahahahahahaha!

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:53am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

Oga the so called prophecy called Babylon superior to all other kingdoms after it. Tell us how Babylon was superior to the Persians after it and the Greeks after them.

It was inferior to the Babylonian World Power in that it did not have the distinction of overturning Judah, the typical kingdom of God with its capital at Jerusalem.

Just as a bushman can never comprehend the rocket sciences, spiritual discernment is very far from you
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:53am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz! A village that is less than 30m from the palace ruins? Why do you keep arguing with your own evidence? Bwahahahahahaha!

Oga
Show us the village and the inhabitants na grin
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 8:56am On Oct 09, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Including the worldwide campaign of preaching the God's kingdom and the ruining of the earth? What century was that? cheesy

Last century and this century. Unfortunately, it's not likely that either you or I will live to see the end of this century but I can bet my last kobo that JW will still be doomsaying even then, when it is clear that this so called end is still not happening. JW were preaching all over the world last century weren't they? SO how come the end hasn't yet ended? LMAO!

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 8:57am On Oct 09, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Oga
Show us the village and the inhabitants na grin

Already did show you the village. Are the cars in the picture driven by ghosts and spirits? LoLz.

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 9:01am On Oct 09, 2023
Aemmyjah:

It was inferior to the Babylonian World Power in that it did not have the distinction of overturning Judah, the typical kingdom of God with its capital at Jerusalem.

Just as a bushman can never comprehend the rocket sciences, spiritual discernment is very far from you

Bwahahahahahahaha! Judah that was already in captivity?! Guy you must be hungry, go chop breakfast. LMFAO!

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 9:08am On Oct 09, 2023
Aemmyjah:

We are not preachers of doomsday
Stop filling your brains with lies

Why are you lying to yourself this early morning? You don chop breakfast? E bi like say hunger dey wire your brain. All you people's preaching of Armageddon and how your god will kill 7billion people is not doomsday? Who are you trying to deceive?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:45am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

Why are you lying to yourself this early morning? You don chop breakfast? E bi like say hunger dey wire your brain. All you people's preaching of Armageddon and how your god will kill 7billion people is not doomsday? Who are you trying to deceive?

Show us where we said God will kill 7 billion people
Doomsday scientists and doomsday preachers preach doom to the earth
We tell people the truth - the earth will be a paradise where the righteous ones, friends of God will dwell
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:48am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

Bwahahahahahahaha! Judah that was already in captivity?! Guy you must be hungry, go chop breakfast. LMFAO!

Was Babylon not already ruling as the head of gold?
A vision that God has foreseen and gave Nebuchadnezzar that still runs down even till our day?
The destruction of Jerusalem and Babylon becoming world power, which came first?

Interestingly, you cannot even deny that the successive powers Daniel described came to be grin
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:50am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

Already did show you the village. Are the cars in the picture driven by ghosts and spirits? LoLz.

Which cars?
This guy de zuzu walahi
grin grin grin

Is anyone inhabiting Ninevah today?
The city is already in ruins and being protected by Global Heritage.
Villagers no de get face? You no de see them?
De play
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:55am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

[b]Last century and this century. [/b]Unfortunately, it's not likely that either you or I will live to see the end of this century but I can bet my last kobo that JW will still be doomsaying even then, when it is clear that this so called end is still not happening. JW were preaching all over the world last century weren't they? SO how come the end hasn't yet ended? LMAO!

Good... Daniel and Revelation throws more lights to Jesus, Paul, Jude and Peter's prophecies points about the last days that all these will happen during the reign or the emergence of the last worldpower... When did that worldpower start to rule?
All ot these is like a jigsaw puzzle that you must fit together to give a fine picture...
We are in the last days of human rule... The signs are only getting clearer
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

Show us the village from ground level na grin grin cheesy... It's not as if the village is in a jungle but belonging to the capital of a former worldpower... Just as we can even view villages and the people in much older cities like Egypt... Your points are very invalid
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:01am On Oct 09, 2023
LordReed:

http://www.learningsites.com/Nineveh/LowerTownHouses_Nineveh_home.php

I don't read nonsense
Look at Kuyunjik village

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

A Lecture For Atheists / If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself / Your Star Must Shine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.