Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni (35172 Views)

Teni & Sister, Niniola Tributes To Father Who Was Assassinated 24 Years Ago / Kemi Olunloyo: "My Father Was A Ritualist, Adeboye & Oyedepo Were Drug Dealers" / Olakunle Churchill's Father Was Obasanjo's Gardener - Tonto Dikeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by quickly: 11:47am On Sep 18, 2023
Razgas:
Abacha really dealt with Yorubas. I wonder what they would have said if Abacha was Igbo.

Modified: Abacha been no kill am but he sha deal with Yorubas. Unfortunately

He was killed by armed robbers who came on a revenge mission because he killed some robbers earlier.

That time robbery was high and he was the one facing robbers but they came back for him.

Abacha hand no Dey involved
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by Phargbemmy(m): 11:48am On Sep 18, 2023
yinkus6750:
That's life for you.
Never knew that was her dad.
Apata Memorial school is well known in Isolo.
Great school then, don't know if they still maintain standard.

School was in session then when it happened. I could remember the sad news filtering into SaintFrancis Catholic Secondary School Egbe that Akpata was killed(We actually thought its pronounced as Akpata) May his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by Omodua(m): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2023
uglodoh:

That guy posted rubbish. Apata was killed by armed robbers. He was a great man. A disciplinarian to the core. Despite running a school for the rich, he was able to tamed them. The school was envy of everybody.
OK
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by Crafteck1: 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2023
Rayban25:

So are you trying to say that shes faking the hurt of her father being assassinated what nonsense are you saying? Make una try shut up if you dont know what to say. Is money and fatherly love and presence the same thing?

Can you remember anything that happened when you were 4 years old? Reason am before insulting me,
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by eepeepook: 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
believe her claimed age at your own peril....

this girl go don reach 7-8 years that year
As na you born her. I hear she don reach fifty years.
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by eepeepook: 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2023
Abifarin16:

You think so? But it is at that age that the foundation of a child is laid. It is at that age you learn to walk, learn to pronounce words that you use till today, imagine her never having to say Daddy as one of her first words, imagine the effect the incident had on others who she would be in there care.

Children get raped at two, or get exposed to drugs at that age and it forms a bases for alot that will happen in their life if care is not taken.

If you were not fed well at the age of two, you don't think it will affect you?

Like she said she has trust issues with uniform men.
You go explain tire, no evidence.
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by eepeepook: 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2023
israelmao:

You're right but being an eyewitness with the story of the incident being recanted as she grew up it's posdible to relive such an experience.
No way in hell. Every human’s first memories start at four years old.
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by Silentgroper(m): 12:35pm On Sep 18, 2023
jubrilELsudan:
WOW WOW WOW SO TENI WAS THE CHILD I USE TO CARRY WHEN I WAS AT APATA MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL

I STILL REMEMBER THAT DAY AND THE SOUNDS OF GUNSHOTS.....THE ASSASSINS SPRAYED AND SPRAYED AND THE BULLETS WERE NOT PENETRATING CAUSE APATA DON BAFF WELL WELL...THEY HAD TO USE HIS OWN GUN TO SHOOT HIM IN THE HEAD...IT REALLY TRAUMATIZED US ALL

I STILL REMEMBER HIS LYING IN STATE AT THE SCHOOL HALL
This shiit was made up
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by aysnoopy(m): 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2023
martolux:
I don't believe a two year old is capable of remembering anything like that at that tender age.
Stop saying what u don't know. Maybe u don't av sharp memory
I still up till date remember the incident that happens when I was few months to 2 years old when a house close to our house got burnt.
And also remember when we use to play inside vehicle tyre that we put together vertically upright and we do go inside the hole from the tyre and hide ourselves, i.e I, my bro, sis and neighbors
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by KingLennon(m): 12:47pm On Sep 18, 2023
[quote author=macho44 post=125863664]
My senior colleague, are you pondering what I'm pondering
cheesy...Comrade, even pondering knows that I have pondered over what you are pondering. English na ur mate?
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by KingLennon(m): 12:47pm On Sep 18, 2023
[quote author=macho44 post=125863664]
My senior colleague, are you pondering what I'm pondering

cheesy...Comrade, even pondering knows that I have pondered over what you are pondering. English na ur mate?

1 Like

Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2023
Crafteck1:

Can you remember anything that happened when you were 4 years old? Reason am before insulting me,

On average you're right but not every child is the same. Some have sharper or photographic memories than others. 4 or 5 year olds remembering vividly some certain things are rare. I know 2 year olds cannot have a stable memory

What I'm pointing out to you is you trying to dismiss her pain of the loss of her dad and say she is using it forming hurt and using it for clout. That part is very wrong and cannot be replaced or substituted with money
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by Nerdnextdoor: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2023
So Sad. Heard about the story then. All hands were pointing to the then Junta.
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by cerpvad(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2023
A two-year old cannot remember how his/her dad was assassinated in his/her presence. It is impossible to retain vivid memories of realities at that tender age. Teni should have said she was told the story of how her dad was assassinated in their presence.
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by israelmao(m): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2023
eepeepook:
No way in hell. Every human’s first memories start at four years old.
Despite the fact that I didn't completely disagree with your initial view but recent research says,the earliest memory may start at 2.5years depending on some factors.
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by eepeepook: 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2023
israelmao:

Despite the fact that I didn't completely disagree with your initial view but recent research says,the earliest memory may start at 2.5years depending on some factors.
You know I don't believe 'recent research' without sources, yes?
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by israelmao(m): 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2023
eepeepook:
You know I don't believe 'recent research' without sources, yes?
Google comes handy for you afterall did you give credible source to back up your earlier view?
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by atobs4real(m): 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2023
yinkus6750:
That's life for you.
Never knew that was her dad.
Apata Memorial school is well known in Isolo.
Great school then, don't know if they still maintain standard.
I never knew too.
I think there father was the one frustrating the activities of armed robbers in that area and they purposely killed him.
The killers never know peace
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by victorVIC1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2023
Surprised to see on this thread that Teni is Late Apata's daughter.
I can't forget the day this man was assassinated. It's just few buildings away from my family's house in the heart of Ireakari Estate. Apata Memorial was also the biggest school in Isolo at the time but the standard started declining after the demis of Apata
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by NorthernersSuck: 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2023
Dest8sman:
No wonder she refused to shake bubu's hand.

Maybe na that stupid and wicked man killed her father
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by macho44(m): 5:10pm On Sep 18, 2023
[quote author=KingLennon post=125868431][/quote]
🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by victorVIC1(m): 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2023
mjuvey3:
I remember back then.

Apata was a very disciplined man.

He also had the best school in the whole of isolo then.

He and Professor Peller had a lot in common and they died the same way.

I sincerely didn't know that Teni is his daughter o. I vividly remember the day he was assassinated.
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by Crafteck1: 8:43pm On Sep 18, 2023
Rayban25:

On average you're right but not every child is the same. Some have sharper or photographic memories than others. 4 or 5 year olds remembering vividly some certain things are rare. I know 2 year olds cannot have a stable memory

What I'm pointing out to you is you trying to dismiss her pain of the loss of her dad and say she is using it forming hurt and using it for clout. That part is very wrong and cannot be replaced or substituted with money

Dont accept people's claims emotionally, always scrutinize what humans say objectively, at 2 old, the pain a child knows are hunger, beating, scolding or a mum leaving its presence, even a kidnapoed 2 years old would forget home in less than 48 hours if food de.... I no be kidnapper ooo.. Point is that age doesnt gift them emotional intelligence through sight or experience.
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2023
Crafteck1:

Dont accept people's claims emotionally, always scrutinize what humans say objectively, at 2 old, the pain a child knows are hunger, beating, scolding or a mum leaving its presence, even a kidnapoed 2 years old would forget home in less than 48 hours if food de.... I no be kidnapper ooo.. Point is that age doesnt gift them emotional intelligence through sight or experience.

did you read my post at all? where did i concour with her statement of remembering the incident as a 2 year old?

i stated concerning you undermining the pain of her dads demise and youre still deviating saying nonsense. dey go.
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by HopeGying: 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2023
Stop spamming threads, stvpid scammer ❌

Moufan40:
sad

Please I really need your help, I had to change to a new moniker to plead for help. I'm in a financial difficulty at the moment. any help will be deeply appreciated. I need help to feed my family. thanks and GOD bless

bank account: 2 2 5 3 3 4 1 3 5 8 zenith bank
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by Crafteck1: 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2023
Rayban25:

did you read my post at all? where did i concour with her statement of remembering the incident as a 2 year old?

i stated concerning you undermining the pain of her dads demise and youre still deviating saying nonsense. dey go.

Not in the mood to insult but what you are doing there is patronizing her...
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by kumbhuru: 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2023
martolux:
I don't believe a two year old is capable of remembering anything like that at that tender age.
I hate when people say this. I remember random things that happened when I was less than 3 years.
People won't believe you, even people who are close to you will start saying someone told you. Not everyone is dumb, some of us have sharp memories

1 Like

Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by Gbogbowa: 10:26pm On Sep 18, 2023
Oh I wept that day because occasionally the father use to buy paper from me through the security men.I miss him much just like yesterday
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by Lacash: 11:26pm On Sep 18, 2023
Morbeta11:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/my-father-was-assassinated-in-our-presence-teni/
Yes. I know about the story, but what really happened then was that her Dad being a retired soldier would always face the armed robbers anytime they came around either to his street or the neighboring street, so on that fateful day all the armed robbers he has been terrorizing came together in solidarity to face him, but unfortunately for him, he was all alone as there was nobody to support him. It was a very sad story…Take heart Makanaki, I know exactly how u feel🙈🙈
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by Kurumaru: 11:27pm On Sep 18, 2023
I RECALL THAT NIGHT AT APATA HOSTEL, IRE AKARI ESTATE,INWARD ILASAMAJA..ROBBERY, THEN WAS LIKE THE SUN RISING AND SETTING...UNTIL OPC CAME,THEN OPERATION SWEEP...
I MISS THAT AREA SHA( THE AMADI'S)
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by KingLion007(m): 11:38pm On Sep 18, 2023
AllBlack:

what the hell is ALA MATTER? And you say you went to Apata? Even a public school child knows better.
Wetin I no go see for Nairaland. Anyways am here to see more of ALA MATTER. SMH
Re: My Father Was Assassinated In Our Presence — Teni by KingLion007(m): 11:42pm On Sep 18, 2023
Cantonese:

There was also Major Emmanuel, who owned Emmalson motors at Ijesha bus stop. He was very brave and kept those evil fellows away from his home and area at Alidada.

Apata and Godwin Omonuwa controlled properties in Okota and Ire Akari estate. The school actually was and is located still in Ire Akari estate. A very peaceful area, but badly terrorized by armed robbers from Ijesha and Ejigbo areas in the 90s and early 2000s.
Spot on mate. Those areas are calm now especially Alidada to century bus stop and it's environ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe Stuns In A Queen-like Attire / Sunkanmi Omobolanle & His Wife, Abimbola Kiss To Celebrate Wedding Anniversary / Ali Baba Takes A Swipe At Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.